PDA

View Full Version : Amare interested in San Antonio

Y2Spursk
06-21-2010, 04:01 PM
per Ric Bucher just now on ESPN Radio

What do you guys think? Would you welcome him?

Hopefully he knows he's not getting a max deal here

JP le Requin
06-21-2010, 04:03 PM
i prefer bosh...for so many reasons

4>0rings
06-21-2010, 04:05 PM
Could of used him this year but not for a max deal.

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
The way the Suns are ran now I just do not see them doing a sign and trade.

Juanobili
06-21-2010, 04:10 PM
That'd be cool

LoneStarState'sPride
06-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Wouldn't that be ironic?

Leetonidas
06-21-2010, 04:17 PM
That would be awesome, but it's not gonna happen.

Muser
06-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I highly doubt it.

TIMMYD!
06-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Not gonna happen.

lmbebo
06-21-2010, 04:20 PM
wont happen

thispego
06-21-2010, 04:21 PM
Wouldn't that be ironic?

no, alanis, it wouldnt

Y2Spursk
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Bucher said he had a small casual conversation with Amare.

This is just a possibily but Amare is smart enough to realize that if he were to take a paycut to play along Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan he has a higher chance of winning a championship than anywhere else and I agree.

If the Big three can get going and then we add Stoudemire watch out :wow

mudyez
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I dont want him here!

AFBlue
06-21-2010, 04:25 PM

Not that I see this as even a remote possibility, but I would like to know how the topic of joining the Spurs was broached? Did Bucher say "what teams do you think you'd like to go to?" and Amare listed the Spurs in his response? Or was it more of a deliberate comment by Amare?

I'd be interested to know if anyone has insight.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2010, 04:27 PM

This is just a possibily but Amare is smart enough to realize that if he were to take a paycut to play along Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan he has a higher chance of winning a championship than anywhere else and I agree.

If the Big three can get going and then we add Stoudemire watch out :wow

Having Amare and Splitter would definitely add athleticism to the frontline. Of course, it's not happening.

ducks
06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Sarver, the Suns GM, would never agree to this.

sarver likes to make money sure he would
suns are rebuilding

PDXSpursFan
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
S&T for RJ :smokin

ducks
06-21-2010, 04:42 PM
amare would be down low
duncan could use his bank shot more

amare is not bad if he would average 12 rebound a game

DesignatedT
06-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Ill take Amare :lol

boutons_deux
06-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Has he been keeping up with his in-game pushups?

ducks
06-21-2010, 04:48 PM
how is the presidents but

MannyIsGod
06-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Only way this would happen would be with RJ or Manu being traded to the Suns. Thats not going to happen.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Only way this would happen would be with RJ or Manu being traded to the Suns. Thats not going to happen.

If Sarver is only interested in the money, then it can happen, although it's not likely.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2010, 04:55 PM
If Sarver is only interested in the money, then it can happen, although it's not likely.

If Sarver is only interested in the money then why not let him walk?

DesignatedT
06-21-2010, 04:55 PM

It could happen if they get say RJ and George Hill for Amare. They end up getting a solid player in return in Hill instead of Amare walking and leaving them with nothing and they get a big time expiring contract in RJ for next season. If it wasn't the Suns it would be a lot more likely, but it's still possible.

Cane
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Steve Nash's face if Amar'e joins the Spurs:

http://www.bothteamsplayedhard.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Steve-Nash-Eye-Bandaid.jpg

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
It could happen if they get say RJ and George Hill for Amare. They end up getting a solid player in return in Hill instead of Amare walking and leaving them with nothing and they get a big time expiring contract in RJ for next season. If it wasn't the Suns it would be a lot more likely, but it's still possible.

Hill won't work because of Dragic.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
I have a hard time believing the Suns would take back RJ's deal and I have a really hard time believing they'd think much of Hill considering their current team make up.

ducks
06-21-2010, 04:59 PM
so the question is splitter for amare would you do it
assuming he wants to come over

DesignatedT
Hill won't work because of Dragic.

Hill is a SG.

I agree it's highly unlikely but from the Suns standpoint it's not that bad of a trade considering they could let him walk for nothing and have to start rebuilding. Adding Hill and RJ in a run and gun system could still leave them a playoff team.

DesignatedT

In a heartbeat.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2010, 05:00 PM
I can see them taking Jefferson because of his contract. However, he really doesn't have a spot on the team. But if RJ was at his best with Kidd feeding him the rock, can you imagine what he could do with Steve Nash?

Hill is redundant with Dragic backing up Nash. The Suns won't take Hill. The Spurs are looking at big men because they could possibly set on the perimeter with Gino, Parker and Hill plus Garrett Temple showing a lot of promise in such a short time.

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Hill is a SG.

I agree it's highly unlikely but from the Suns standpoint it's not that bad of a trade considering they could let him walk for nothing and have to start rebuilding. Adding Hill and RJ in a run and gun system could still leave them a playoff team.

Hill's a combo guard going to a team (if traded that is) that doesn't really have a spot for him at the moment. He's not necessary for the Suns.

DMX7
06-21-2010, 05:02 PM

Good lord, that would be awesome but Sarver would never go for it.

xtremesteven33
Sign and trade:

Jefferson/Blair or Splitter for Amare

Edward
I can see them taking Jefferson because of his contract.

Right, they could either lose Amare and add no money to their payroll, or lose amare and add a huge contract to their payroll. Great logic :tu

Nathan Explosion
06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
Right, they could either lose Amare and add no money to their payroll, or lose amare and add a huge contract to their payroll. Great logic :tu

Amare hasn't opted out last I heard. If he did, then this talk is pointless. If he hasn't, the Suns are on the hook for a lot of money unless then can move him. Plus, Amare wants an extension and that will linger over the season.

Everyone saw how bad the Suns played before the trade deadline.

Y2Spursk
06-21-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm assuming they would do a sign and trade, who on the Spurs would the Suns want hto?

mingus
06-21-2010, 05:12 PM
McDyess and RJ for Amare.

yavozerb
06-21-2010, 05:24 PM

No for the following reasons:

Splitter will be making a quarter of what amare wants to make on his next contract.

Amare's knee problems are not going to go away. Yes, i understand he has been fine for 1 1/2 seasons now, but that kind of surgery makes for a shorter career.

I really do feel defensivly Splitter is already better than Amare.

Seventyniner
06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
The Spurs' defense has slowly declined over the last 4 years; this would drive it off a cliff.

06-21-2010, 05:40 PM
if it's RJ + blair/splitter + maybe a first round, then hell yes. i don't see why the spurs wouldn't do this. they get rid of RJ and get a perennial all star in return. amare isn't a borderline all star big or impostor all star like al horford, he is the real thing. next to a good passing big like tim duncan and implementing endless pick and roll sets with parker and ginobili would destroy the opposition. his defense isn't THAT bad. besides having stoudemire on the offensive end frees up duncan to play defense and rebound.

baseline bum
06-21-2010, 05:45 PM
For the mid-level exception? How dumb is Amare?

m33p0
06-21-2010, 06:09 PM
he's looking for suitors. of course he'll say he's interested.

spursfan1000
06-21-2010, 06:10 PM
I doubt it, simply because its the Suns we're talking about

manufan10
06-21-2010, 06:36 PM
For the mid-level exception? How dumb is Amare?

He said he would play for the Spurs (or anyone) for the MLE? Link?

Seventyniner
06-21-2010, 06:46 PM
He said he would play for the Spurs (or anyone) for the MLE? Link?

I think the point was that the MLE is the most the Spurs could offer Amare, not that he'd take it.

manufan10
06-21-2010, 06:56 PM
I think the point was that the MLE is the most the Spurs could offer Amare, not that he'd take it.

Ok, got it.

completely deck
06-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Sign and trade:

Jefferson/Blair or Splitter for Amare

You're out of your fucking mind.

TimmehC
06-21-2010, 07:48 PM
You're out of your fucking mind.

Ha! Hey look, it's you.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Does anyone understand Amare is nothing without a top flight pg getting him the ball in places to make plays? Hes 28, plays little D, is a poor rebounder, foul prone and thinks hes a max player?

No way I give up Splitter for him at this stage. How does he make us better, with no post game, no D and No rebounding......the very things we need we are gonna pay more and Trade to not get???

This is the stupid shit that pisses me off about this damn message board and the homer fans that post here. No way you give up Splitter for the best center in the Western Conference and possibly the best center in the game? Thats so damn ridiculous.

The rap on Amare's defense was far more warranted in the past but everything that came out of Pheonix this season was about him warming up to Gentry asking him to play better D. You set him up next to Tim Duncan as a roaming shot blocker and you can forget about him being a liability on defense.

Also, you're insane if you think the Manu/Parker pick and roll with Amare would be anything less than the Nash/Amare pick and roll.

But yeah, lets not give up a guy who we'll be extremely happy with if he averages 12 and 8.

God damn I hate some of you.

MannyIsGod
06-21-2010, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah, and 9 rebounds a game is "no rebounding"

Jesus fuck.

DPG21920
06-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I don't think you can forget about Amare's crap defense simply by sticking him next to Duncan. Amare is very overrated imo. That does not mean he is still not a very good player, but some concerns about him are very valid.

ohmwrecker
06-21-2010, 08:07 PM
Well, it's hard to discuss this with any seriousness when it is completely unsubstantiated, but anyone who would not want Amare Stoudemire on this team is a fucking retard.

blizz
06-21-2010, 08:07 PM
i don't know about anyone else...but i saw him play some D in the playoffs this year. just sayin'

MannyIsGod
06-21-2010, 08:09 PM
I don't think you can forget about Amare's crap defense simply by sticking him next to Duncan. Amare is very overrated imo. That does not mean he is still not a very good player, but some concerns about him are very valid.

Would you balk at a deal for Amare if it included Splitter?

DPG21920
06-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Not necessarily, but if I am looking at getting Amare at a max contact, no thanks.

Seventyniner
06-21-2010, 08:11 PM
This is the stupid shit that pisses me off about this damn message board and the homer fans that post here. No way you give up Splitter for the best center in the Western Conference and possibly the best center in the game? Thats so damn ridiculous.

The rap on Amare's defense was far more warranted in the past but everything that came out of Pheonix this season was about him warming up to Gentry asking him to play better D. You set him up next to Tim Duncan as a roaming shot blocker and you can forget about him being a liability on defense.

Also, you're insane if you think the Manu/Parker pick and roll with Amare would be anything less than the Nash/Amare pick and roll.

But yeah, lets not give up a guy who we'll be extremely happy with if he averages 12 and 8.

Granted that Amare is a far better player than Splitter ever will be. However, is it not a concern that:

A) Amare will pout if not given enough shots, and could disrupt chemistry.
B) At this point in his career, Tim is also a better help defender than on-ball, leading to some awkward matchups (someone has to guard the opponent's best big man).
C) Amare will want a large contract, so even if he opts out and tells Phoenix that he wants a sign-and-trade to San Antonio or else he walks, he'll still demand $14+M per season. Adding that to potentially extending Parker's contract, and we go from the second circle of tax hell straight to the ninth.

Amare >>>>>> Splitter any day, but given what it would take to get him, I can see why some fans would rather the Spurs just sign Splitter and let Amare go elsewhere.

EricB
06-21-2010, 08:15 PM
Not necessarily, but if I am looking at getting Amare at a max contact, no thanks.

Yeah because the spurs can afford to hol out and wait for other free agents.

If Phoenix says they'd do a sign and trade for rj Blair and the first pick I immediately ask where's the paper to sign for?

MannyIsGod
06-21-2010, 08:16 PM
I don't know why I even bother.

xtremesteven33
06-21-2010, 08:16 PM

Amare is still a poor post defender....very poor actually. But he gets the occasional shotblock.

SenorSpur
06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Amare is still a poor post defender....very poor actually. But he gets the occasional shotblock.

Exactly.

Amare is a sure-fire perennial all-star, but he plays one end of the court - ONLY. He's not deserving of a max contract because he's NOT a max player.

Some of you need to stop drinking the Amare kool-aid.

Zocalo
06-21-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh yeah, and 9 rebounds a game is "no rebounding"

Jesus fuck.

Did you see the Laker series by the way

3,6,4,and 4 rebound games...

How about this for a stat line... 0, zero, cero assists for the last 4 games of the series...

It isn't like we are lying about what type of player he is...

Great talent to score the ball but if you expect him to be a difference maker in other areas... it is just dimwitted.

SenorSpur
06-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Did you see the Laker series by the way

3,6,4,and 4 rebound games...

How about this for a stat line... 0, zero, cero assists for the last 4 games of the series...

It isn't like we are lying about what type of player he is...

Great talent to score the ball but if you expect him to be a difference maker in other areas... it is just dimwitted.

Exactly. He also had "0" assists in the final 3 games of that series. This guy is so concerned with offense only that Pau Gasol ran rings around him.

As Colin Cowherd describes him, "Amare Stoudamire is the dumb NBA fan's player." He doesn't play defense, is a poor rebounder, and doesn't make anyone around him better.

Amare is a veteran all-star-level player. He thinks he's a superstar, so he's not likely to want to work at rounding out his game. The Spurs already are having trouble defending the pick-n-roll. THe last thing they need is an athletic big, who is a notoriously poor rebounder and lazy defender.

He wouldn't last 2 games with Pop as head coach. Enjoy the Sportscenter dunks. No thanks.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-21-2010, 08:30 PM
With the "defense" SA has been playing of late, Amare would be more of a fit than ppl think, unfortunately.

ohmwrecker
06-21-2010, 08:30 PM
So your idea to improve us is just cram as many high priced under achievers on your roster as possible and hope it works out....Amere is the PF version of RJ.

That is a wild assumption. As I said, completely unsubstantiated, but Amare is a hell of a player and he fills in the gaps that are starting to appear in Duncan's game. In a perfect world, I would take him in a heartbeat, but it's not happening.

Did you see Amere against LA........Except for one game he was God awfullll.......not because LA defended him well but because the defended NASH well.

Well, the Suns don't have Tim Duncan in the post. Amare is good, but he had no help in the post against L.A.

Duncan2177
06-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Well, it's hard to discuss this with any seriousness when it is completely unsubstantiated, but anyone who would not want Amare Stoudemire on this team is a fucking retard.

I agree

4>0rings
06-21-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah because the spurs can afford to hol out and wait for other free agents.

If Phoenix says they'd do a sign and trade for rj Blair and the first pick I immediately ask where's the paper to sign for?You also think Bonner is a great basketball player.

Zocalo
06-21-2010, 08:39 PM
You guys are idiots if you say you would have Splitter than Amare. Yes, take an unathletic goon who has a 12 inch vertical jump over a certified scoring machine. Some of you have are unbelievable. Duncan/Amare/---/Ginobli/Parker would be amazing.

Amare isn't coming for the MLE, so it is a moot point.

Splitter is actually realistic...

I would love to have Lebron but we all have come to terms that we have Jefferson as our SF right now.

Get the point?

sa_butta
06-21-2010, 08:42 PM
I would take him for minimum money.

OrEmuN
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Basically if the Suns is gonna take RJ off the team and ask for Blair + 1st rd pick and give us Amare in a S&T, its a good deal. We can sign Tiago as part of MLE and used him and Dice as backup to TD and Amare. If Tiago plays hardball, we can use the MLE to acquire a defensive SF and we are more or less set.

Not too worried about Amare's Defense. At this point, if he is willing to come over to win a championship, i think he would buy into the team's policy

ohmwrecker
06-21-2010, 08:47 PM
At this point Lopez is almost as good a defender as TD and hes more athletic. I dont think he could make up for Ameres EL TORO defense. That has been our problem, people get beat and TD is not a dominate shot blocking force who can cover mistakes any longer.......We need a defender who can.......Splitter, Alabi, Udoh....ect.

Lopez? Robin Lopez? Let me get this straight. It is your contention that Robin Lopez is a better defender than Tim Duncan?

I can't have this discussion anymore.

The Truth #6
06-21-2010, 08:52 PM

I agree that Splitter for Amare is a trade we should go for, but I think you are overstating how well Amare would fit into our system. Amare played better D for half a season. I don't think that is long enough for us to consider consistent. He would get lost on our defensive schemes. He's not really a smart player. He's intuitive, but Pop's approach robs most players of their instinctiveness. It's all about memorizing where to be and how to rotate and I think its safe to say that Amare would get lost.

Also, Nash is the perfect partner for Amare. Manu is very good in the pick and roll and Parker is good, but no way do they compare to Nash. Nash is one of the best of all time running the pick and roll.

SenorSpur
06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
I agree that Splitter for Amare is a trade we should go for, but I think you are overstating how well Amare would fit into our system. Amare played better D for half a season. I don't think that is long enough for us to consider consistent. He would get lost on our defensive schemes. He's not really a smart player. He's intuitive, but Pop's approach robs most players of their instinctiveness. It's all about memorizing where to be and how to rotate and I think its safe to say that Amare would get lost.

That's the whole point right there. In addition to watching him play, one need only listen to some of his ridiculous comments to realize that he doesn't have the highest BBIQ in the NBA.

I don't think anyone is proclaiming that Splitter is as good or better than Amare. That would be insane. However, the fact is when Splitter walks onto an NBA court for the first time, he will instantly be a better defender than Amare.

The Truth #6
06-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Lopez? Robin Lopez? Let me get this straight. It is your contention that Robin Lopez is a better defender than Tim Duncan?

I can't have this discussion anymore.

We're not a great defensive team anymore and TD's decline is a big part of that. Basically, he's running around in lead shoes on defense. His rotations are substantially slower. The instincts are there but he's just not as good as he used to be. It's part of aging.

I don't think Robin is as good as TD is, but I would not expect TD to be able to cover for all the mistakes Amare would make either. With weak perimeter D, we can't suffer from any more defensive breakdowns in the post. Amare *might* surprise us on D but based on history and motivation, it isn't a good expectation.

Amare could help us score when we go through droughts but I don't see him integrating fully into the team.

More importantly, it's not like he really wants to come here. Whatever he said should be taken for a full-on lie to get attention from the Suns or other teams. Bucher likes to buddy up to players like Kobe so I'm not taking this as serious journalism either.

Dro210
06-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes please... Make it happen

BUMP
06-21-2010, 10:03 PM
You guys are NUTS, if you would take Splitter over Amare. :wow:wow:wow

Amare doesn't have to be an anchor inside, thats why they have Duncan. The Spurs would launch to the top of the list of title favorites if they pull this off.

You guys are also forgetting who your coach is. You don't think Amare could learn a little bit from Poppovich? If Poppovich is really in the top tier of coaches, he can get a player to learn his system. And since Amare is willing to take less money, i bet he could also be coachable

DAF86
06-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Hell yeah, I would love to have him in the Spurs. But I don't see how we could make that happen.

BUMP
06-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Hell yeah, I would love to have him in the Spurs. But I don't see how we could make that happen.

He's already said he's interested in playing. Hopefully he's smart enough to know that he can't get a max but if he opts out he can work things out

Honestly, since the Mavs are going nowhere i kinda hope this happens cause i like SA way more than the Lakers, and this would be the perfect team to knock them off

tdunk21
06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
i dont know if he fits the spurs system or not.....but if it means we can get rid of RJ, then i would just do the trade to get rid of RJ......i wouldnt include splitter's rights though.....

DAF86
06-21-2010, 10:16 PM
He's already said he's interested in playing. Hopefully he's smart enough to know that he can't get a max but if he opts out he can work things out

Honestly, since the Mavs are going nowhere i kinda hope this happens cause i like SA way more than the Lakers, and this would be the perfect team to knock them off

I think is pretty sure to say that he will not be satisfied with the MLE, the only way we may get him is with a sing and trade and that's not happening with Phoenix.

BUMP
06-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I think is pretty sure to say that he will not be satisfied with the MLE, the only way we may get him is with a sing and trade and that's not happening with Phoenix.

Oh hell no, he won't accept the MLE.

But why does everyone keep saying Phoenix won't do a sign and trade?

Zocalo
06-21-2010, 10:19 PM
You guys are NUTS, if you would take Splitter over Amare. :wow:wow:wow

Amare doesn't have to be an anchor inside, thats why they have Duncan. The Spurs would launch to the top of the list of title favorites if they pull this off.

You guys are also forgetting who your coach is. You don't think Amare could learn a little bit from Poppovich? If Poppovich is really in the top tier of coaches, he can get a player to learn his system. And since Amare is willing to take less money, i bet he could also be coachable

There is a small problem....

IT ISN't REALISTIC FOR AMARE TO BE A SPUR....

Just thought you might want to realize that before we see another guy saying that it is stupid that we want Splitter instead of Amare.

Sigz
06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
i'll take him

tdunk21
06-21-2010, 10:20 PM

bcoz phoenix will face SA in the playoffs atleast once and they dont want to stack up the spurs team by giving us amare....

BUMP
06-21-2010, 10:21 PM
There is a small problem....

IT ISN't REALISTIC FOR AMARE TO BE A SPUR....

Just thought you might want to realize that before we see another guy saying that it is stupid that we want Splitter instead of Amare.

Maybe

but people were saying they would take Splitter over Amare because of defense blah blah blah

Amare is already a superstar in this league while Splitter will take 3-4 years to get to his potential and he still won't be as good as Amare probably

dbestpro
06-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Too many teams with too much money will land Amare a max contract somewhere other than San antonio.

Chillen
06-22-2010, 12:35 AM
if it ever happened, it would probably be for a 1 year deal with a possible year added in if they win the NBA title. Clearly Duncan and Amare down low would be pretty tough to stop if it happened, which imo unlikely but stranger things have been known to happen. Duncan needs help if the Spurs ever want to compete for a fifth NBA title and Amare would be that guy. Like many have said here it's just not gonna happen, not realistic.

UnWantedTheory
06-22-2010, 04:47 AM
I would prefer someone else, but damn we could do worse.

UnWantedTheory
06-22-2010, 04:50 AM
I would have to say I would be for it. But like most have stated, I dont think it would come close to happening. Bad defensive history or not, that is some athletic length under Pop. Would be grand to see. The knee issue would scare me a bit, but he has been ok for about 2 seasons so wtf...ah well. Lets hope we can make somethign out of this offseason to help us contend now and later.

06-22-2010, 05:08 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but can't amare go to another team with sufficient cap space to do a sign and trade if phoenix refuses to deal? for example, can't stoudemire work out a sign and trade from the knicks for someone like jefferson + splitter or parker?

Chieflion
06-22-2010, 05:41 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but can't amare go to another team with sufficient cap space to do a sign and trade if phoenix refuses to deal? for example, can't stoudemire work out a sign and trade from the knicks for someone like jefferson + splitter or parker?

No.

Booharv
06-22-2010, 05:47 AM
I would trade RJ, Splitter, and the #1 pick for Amare. Hell, I'd even throw in Blair if it came to it. You can always get rotation players, but getting a 22-25ppg/9rpg all star who shoots like 55-60% is worth a bunch of rotation players.

Muser
06-22-2010, 06:00 AM

The biggest trade chip SA have is Jefferson, but idk why the Suns would want him.

Booharv
06-22-2010, 06:20 AM
The biggest trade chip SA have is Jefferson, but idk why the Suns would want him.

They might take RJ if you threw in cheap assets like Blair (2nd round contract), and/or Splitter ($5 mil is cheap for a decent big man in the NBA), and/or the $1.3 million the #20 pick is slotted at. Then when RJ's contract expires after next season they could potentially have maybe three good/very good rotation players making like a total of $6.5 million.

Booharv
06-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Basically they'd take RJ to make the salaries match and swallow his contract for one year but they would really want one or all three of Blair, Splitter, and the #20 since they're all right up Sarver's cheap alley.

mystargtr34
06-22-2010, 06:23 AM
Maybe

but people were saying they would take Splitter over Amare because of defense blah blah blah

Amare is already a superstar in this league while Splitter will take 3-4 years to get to his potential and he still won't be as good as Amare probably

Splitter is arguably the best player in the second toughest league in the world. Hes pretty much fully developed in terms of his individual game. Point being, hes not going to take 3-4 years to reach his potential, like say a regular rookie out of college would. Im not saying hes going to be a star or anything like that, but i think you will pretty much see what you are going to get from Splitter by about his second season. Whether that is a solid low post option who can give you 13-15 PPG and 8-9 rebounds, or a just a rotational 8-9 PPG, 6-7 RPG, remains to be seen.

jermaine
06-22-2010, 08:24 AM
Idk if yal know who we're talkin about. We talkin bout Amare, the dude that has killed the Spurs in every game he has ever played against us! An you dumb fucks wouldn't trade RJ/Blair or Splintter for him. 1st of all RJ & Blair has NO DAM D! Blair lil ass can't even contest a shot, RJ just dam sucks! Amare finishes with and1s at the Dam rim & make fts. Next to Labrick Amare is the and1 king! An Splinttern fuck that lil red ridin hood cross dressin muthafucka. When we needed his ass that muthafucka tured his back on us(4 a good reason I mite add but still)! I'd trade RJ, Splintter, Blair, & one of Ginobili's twins(sorry Nobili) for Amare!

Dr. Gonzo
06-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Idk if yal know who we're talkin about. We talkin bout Amare, the dude that has killed the Spurs in every game he has ever played against us! An you dumb fucks wouldn't trade RJ/Blair or Splintter for him. 1st of all RJ & Blair has NO DAM D! Blair lil ass can't even contest a shot, RJ just dam sucks! Amare finishes with and1s at the Dam rim & make fts. Next to Labrick Amare is the and1 king! An Splinttern fuck that lil red ridin hood cross dressin muthafucka. When we needed his ass that muthafucka tured his back on us(4 a good reason I mite add but still)! I'd trade RJ, Splintter, Blair, & one of Ginobili's twins(sorry Nobili) for Amare!

Spinttern cross dresses?

temujin
06-22-2010, 08:50 AM
You don't win championships with dumb players.

And Stoudemire is bumb, really really dumb.

No thanks.

jermaine
06-22-2010, 08:52 AM

No thanks.

You callin him dumb but you can't even spell DUMB! Lol.

temujin
06-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Of course he is NOT as Dumb as some of the posters here.

KuntryDude
06-22-2010, 08:57 AM

:lol

KuntryDude
06-22-2010, 09:00 AM
In essence, I agree w/ u Jermaine. Amare is w/o a doubt, one of the (if not THE) most dominant big men in the league today. Everybody is high on Splitter, but please keep in mind that the European league is WAAAAYYY different than the NBA. So, yes, I rather have Amare....someone who's already proven himself to be one of the best, in the best league in the world.

Mel_13
06-22-2010, 09:08 AM
1. There's no reasonable basis for a S&T between PHX and the Spurs to bring A'mare to San Antonio.

2. That's a good thing.

manufan10
06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm not going to say that I wouldn't want Amare on the Spurs, but I'm really intrigued by Splitter. I know that at least Splitter is a reasonable option. He's closer to being a Spur than Amare will ever be.

Mel_13
06-22-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm not going to say that I wouldn't want Amare on the Spurs, but I'm really intrigued by Splitter. I know that at least Splitter is a reasonable option. He's closer to being a Spur than Amare will ever be.

And at one third the price with two healthy knees.

K-State Spur
06-22-2010, 09:27 AM
In essence, I agree w/ u Jermaine. Amare is w/o a doubt, one of the (if not THE) most dominant big men in the league today. Everybody is high on Splitter, but please keep in mind that the European league is WAAAAYYY different than the NBA. So, yes, I rather have Amare....someone who's already proven himself to be one of the best, in the best league in the world.

he is definitely not THE most dominant big man today...

Booharv
06-22-2010, 09:39 AM
And at one third the price with two healthy knees.

And at possibly 1/4 of the scoring ability.

And at possibly 1/5 of the ability to create his own shot.

Lol @ banking on what you'll get from a total unknown.

Cheddz
06-22-2010, 09:44 AM
I'd welcome him...he's come a long way as a player in the past couple of years. He's more defensive minded after getting out of that stupid D'Antoni system and is more of a complete player now. My only regret is I'd have to stop referring to him as Dumbare Stoudecrier.

Oh, Gee!!
06-22-2010, 09:45 AM
won't happen, but I think it would be a positive thing if it did, especially if Splitter is on the team as well b/c it would be the end of small-ball

Mel_13
06-22-2010, 09:45 AM

The only thing I'm banking on is that A'mare will be vastly overpaid this summer and I don't want my team to be the one that pays him.

lol @ giving A'mare 100M+ this summer.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2010, 09:47 AM

No thanks.

You must have stopped watching this years playoffs after the Spurs lost because Ron Artest now has a ring.

manufan10
06-22-2010, 09:53 AM

LOL at "possibly."

Muser
06-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Draft night is going to be interesting.

Booharv
06-22-2010, 10:05 AM
The only thing I'm banking on is that A'mare will be vastly overpaid this summer and I don't want my team to be the one that pays him.

lol @ giving A'mare 100M+ this summer.

I think he'd be worth it. Tbh San Antonio is not a marquee destination for free agents, that's partially why they traded for RJ. Everyone knows that they wouldn't have done that if they thought Lebron, D-Wade, or Bosh would sign here. If the Spurs don't make a move they'll be an aging team that's drafting in the mid to late first round and counting on guys like Splitter (who's probably just a role player imo) or some random player from the shitty free agent class of next year ('11 really is shit on a stick: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-10-11) to turn around their franchise. Sounds like a sinking ship to me.

I'd also be careful about projecting any player who has never played in the NBA's future. Who the fuck knows what Splitter will do? Glenn Robinson was the best college player I have ever seen and I thought he was going to be winning tons of rings, Kenny Anderson was another like that, so was Beasley (people already forgot he averaged 25/10 in the Big 12 as a frosh(!)). The point? I'll take a proven All-Star over an unproven NBA rookie/draft pick pretty much every time the rookie isn't named Lebron, Shaq, or Duncan etc.

Booharv
06-22-2010, 10:06 AM
LOL at "possibly."

That's why I put possibly, in there. It's an unknown son.

George Gervin's Afro
06-22-2010, 10:07 AM
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Amare join the Spurs

manufan10
06-22-2010, 10:09 AM
That's why I put possibly, in there. It's an unknown son.

So then we can say:

LOL at Amare possibly blowing out his knees.
LOL at Amare possibly ruining team chemistry by complaining about touches.
LOL at Amare possibly playing "better" defense.

Chieflion
06-22-2010, 10:09 AM
We have been through this before. It looks quite familiar to the thread before the trade deadline.

Booharv
06-22-2010, 10:15 AM
So then we can say:

LOL at Amare possibly blowing out his knees.
LOL at Amare possibly ruining team chemistry by complaining about touches.
LOL at Amare possibly playing "better" defense.

Yes, you can. And they would all be very reasonable. But I really do think he's worth the risk warts and all. I don't see how from what most NBA people are saying about Splitter that he's going to take us from getting swept in the second round to winning a championship. It will take something more drastic than that. Duncan and Ginobili are only going to get worse from here on out. Plus all the Amare bashers are totally ignoring Amare's positives.

manufan10
06-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Yes, you can. And they would all be very reasonable. But I really do think he's worth the risk warts and all. I don't see how from what most NBA people are saying about Splitter that he's going to take us from getting swept in the second round to winning a championship. It will take something more drastic than that. Duncan and Ginobili are only going to get worse from here on out. Plus all the Amare bashers are totally ignoring Amare's positives.

I'm not one of those who is bashing Amare. I just think if the Spurs spend money on one guy, then that will end up hurting them in the long run. What happens if he does blow out a knee, and the Spurs dished out that money? He does have that issue. What happens if he becomes a malcontent, and the Spurs dished out all that money? He's been known to have that issue. In Splitter's body of work, granted it was in Europe, he put up nice numbers. He will come minus the baggage, minus the injuries, and minus the big pay check. Sure we don't know how it will pan out with Splitter. However, we don't really know how things will pan out with Stoudemire either.

Yes, Splitter has some "possiblys," but Stoudemire does too.

Mel_13
06-22-2010, 10:25 AM
I think he'd be worth it.

Fair enough.

I'm convinced that the team that gives A'mare the huge contract that he most certainly will get this summer will come to regret it long before the contract expires.

The simple truth is that there is no series of moves that will guarantee future success for the Spurs. All come with their own opportunities and risks. For me, the risks associated with A'mare, at the price he will command, far outweigh the opportunities.

So for all his talents, I don't think he'd be worth it.

SenorSpur
06-22-2010, 10:30 AM
Fair enough.

I'm convinced that the team that gives A'mare the huge contract that he most certainly will get this summer will come to regret it long before the contract expires.

The simple truth is that there is no series of moves that will guarantee future success for the Spurs. All come with their own opportunities and risks. For me, the risks associated with A'mare, at the price he will command, far outweigh the opportunities.

So for all his talents, I don't think he'd be worth it.

There isn't any question that Amare is an all-star level player. However, he's not the "superstar-level" player that both he, and others on this board, thinks he is. Therefore, he's not deserving of a max contract. Any team that is gullable enough to give him such a contract (Heat, Knicks, Bulls) will most certainly come to regret it within 2 years - if not sooner.

Edward
06-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Amare hasn't opted out last I heard. If he did, then this talk is pointless. If he hasn't, the Suns are on the hook for a lot of money unless then can move him. Plus, Amare wants an extension and that will linger over the season.

Everyone saw how bad the Suns played before the trade deadline.

He's going to opt out, but regardless, this makes no sense. If he opted in, it would be a 17.6M expiring contract, compared to Richard Jefferson's 15M expiring contact. Sarver might not be the biggest spender in the world, but he's not gonna turn the Suns into a lottery team that struggles to sell tickets and win games next year just to save 2.6M. He might do that to avoid giving Amare a contract that guarantees a 9 figure amount of money, but he won't do it to save 2.6M.

Booharv
06-22-2010, 10:37 AM
I'd just to take this oppurtunity to remind everyone who's bagging on Amare's admitted weaknesses that this is the same motherfucker who put up an insane 65.6 TS% two years ago and has been in the low to mid 60s in TS% the past four seasons. Plus he was rookie of the year well before Nash arrived and with that ball dominating chucker Starbury at the point to boot.

Danny.Zhu
06-22-2010, 10:40 AM
We could get him is we only need to send over RJ.

Edward
06-22-2010, 10:52 AM
Did you see Amere against LA........Except for one game he was God awfullll.......not because LA defended him well but because the defended NASH well.

If you watched that series at all you would know Amare was getting most of his points on isos against Gasol and was playing just as good if not better when Nash was off the court, this isn't 2007 Amare anymore offensively, he's actually better at scoring off isos than he is off pick and rolls now. Offensively he'd be a great fit for San Antonio but that really doesn't matter.

San Antonio shouldn't have a ton of interest in Amare is because his bad D is only going to be magnified by Duncan's declining defense at C and San Antonio not having a good defender at SF. If they still had a prime Duncan who could box out effectively and anchor the low post, and a prime Bowen who could force elite perimeter defenders to take off balance shots when they drive, Amare would flourish on San Antonio as a help defender and shot blocker. It's a pointless hypothetical though because if San Antonio still had a prime Duncan and Bowen they wouldn't need Amare for any reason.

gospursgojas
06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Fuck yes... anyone who says no to Amare on this team is silly

Obstructed_View
06-22-2010, 11:34 AM
Gee, a free agent mentions the Spurs because of their team play and winning attitude in order to boost his market value. Never seen that before.

Creation88
06-22-2010, 11:36 AM
after microfracture surgery makes your knees better for 3 yrs then there is a SIGNIFICANT downfall.

Amare is not worth a max contract. not even close.

westbound17
06-22-2010, 11:44 AM
RJ's expiring contract might be a catch for Sarver. :)

And yes we need a quick relief like Stoudemire!

Booharv
06-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Gee, a free agent mentions the Spurs because of their team play and winning attitude in order to boost his market value. Never seen that before.

tbh everyone knows we're not really getting Stoudamire but its at least something to talk/fantasize about.

Dr. Gonzo
06-22-2010, 12:40 PM
tbh everyone knows we're not really getting Stoudamire but its at least something to talk/fantasize about.

Well if that's the case I hope the Spurs sign my fictional C/PF/SF/PG hybrid player Dominick Huerta Orosco James. He is 6'11, runs a 3.2 40 and has a 95 inch vertical leap. He shoots 98% from beyond the arc and has a 11 foot wing span. He can easily dunk from half court and rebounds at a 34/game rate. I think he can be had for the LLE.

Kamnik
06-22-2010, 12:49 PM
1. A chance of Amare landing in San Antonio this summer are almost non existent

2. He isn't worth anything near what he will get, no matter where he lands and for how much

/thread

DJB
06-22-2010, 01:11 PM

Thanks for your knowledgeable insight Jermaine. :tu

Chomag
06-22-2010, 01:13 PM
I would rather have Bosh but both are on the unlikelys anyway.

UnWantedTheory
06-22-2010, 03:23 PM

Spelling criticism from you? LoL. Thats kinda cute you care for him.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-22-2010, 03:26 PM
jermaine shut the hell up you aint really black or else you would know blair would ball all over amare....

Duncan2177
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/22/633602368885939164-BadGrammar.jpg

Dr. Gonzo
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
jermaine shut the hell up you aint really black or else you would know blair would ball all over amare....

If that was the case why didn't he do it during the playoffs?

lefty
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
does anyone understand amare is nothing without a top flight pg getting him the ball in places to make plays? Hes 28, plays little d, is a poor rebounder, foul prone and thinks hes a max player?

No way i give up splitter for him at this stage. How does he make us better, with no post game, no d and no rebounding......the very things we need we are gonna pay more and trade to not get???
+1

Obstructed_View
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM

Point is, Amare doesn't want to go to the Spurs, but he's dropping their name to help repair his image as a me-first, fuck-the-team type of player. He knows the Spurs wouldn't have him, which is precisely why he wants to associate himself with defense and winning.

Sofaking
06-22-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm a spurs fan but I'd trade everyone not named Duncan(and maybe Manu) for Amare. Amare is a top 5 big man. SMH @ those saying they wouldnt trade Splitter(who is unproven in the NBA!) OMG..OMG

SenorSpur
06-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Point is, Amare doesn't want to go to the Spurs, but he's dropping their name to help repair his image as a me-first, fuck-the-team type of player. He knows the Spurs wouldn't have him, which is precisely why he wants to associate himself with defense and winning.

some perceptions cannot be repaired.

CGD
06-22-2010, 07:14 PM
RJ's expiring contract might be a catch for Sarver. :)

And yes we need a quick relief like Stoudemire!

I'm all about Stoudemire to the Spurs. It would be awesome if we can get PHX to so a sign and trade involving RJ.

Obstructed_View
06-22-2010, 07:32 PM
some perceptions cannot be repaired.

The potential for millions of dollars is going to encourage him to keep trying, and the tried-and-true method of doing it is to mention the Spurs. Next he'll be talking about how he might take less than max money to go to San Antonio, and then watch the mouth-breathers that think Amare's anything special go crazy.

Lerbillia
06-22-2010, 08:21 PM

Has it occured to anybody that possibly the OP might be a troll?

Just look at his 8 posts, half of them are threads that Kori locked including one where "the Spurs were on the verge of securing David West"

:lmao

50 cent
06-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Amare is a fucking retard. I don't want him even though this would never happen anyway.

Ice009
06-23-2010, 12:44 AM

Just look at his 8 posts, half of them are threads that Kori locked including one where "the Spurs were on the verge of securing David West"

LOL so did anyone in the thread confirm if Ric Bucher even said it on the radio?

Veterinarian
06-23-2010, 01:31 AM
Maybe if Amare wasn't retarded.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-23-2010, 01:46 AM
lol Splitter

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-23-2010, 01:49 AM

:lmao wow

Obstructed_View
06-23-2010, 01:52 AM

If the mods haven't banned him or taken away his ability to start threads, then it's possible that it hasn't occurred to them yet.

ohmwrecker
06-24-2010, 10:38 AM
....watch him a few games next year if you get the chance and see if you dont see it.

There you go with the assumptions again. Do you really think I've never seen Lopez play? Really? You are a fucking dumbass . . . stop talking to me.

NewJerSpur
06-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Is dude willing to take a paycut?

angelbelow
06-24-2010, 06:08 PM
would be nice but i dont see how we can get him? maybe sign and trade with RJ since hes expiring? but i doubt this happens at all.

ohmwrecker
06-24-2010, 06:16 PM
Do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth? I was assuming you havnt seen him play much, I was giving you the benifit of a doubt that you knew a little something about basketball........your post proved otherwise.

Well, you make such a strong and valid point that anyone who disagrees with you either doesn't know what they are talking about or is gay or both . . . that's reasonable. Hard to argue with that.

smrattler
06-24-2010, 07:17 PM
That's nice.

Just a hunch, but I bet Amare is more interested in making the most money possible.

FilSpursFan
06-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Sarver would make sure Amar'e doesn't sign any Western Conference teams.

ohmwrecker
06-24-2010, 10:13 PM
You are the one who has a problem with others having diff points of view, Im an easy going guy. Ill give you props if I agree with what you say and if I dont I will offer my thoughts, you dont need to be on the attack.

I don't think I have a problem. I'm pretty sure you responded to me first. That's how it went down, bro. You can try to make it into something else to push your agenda, but we both know that it's not true. Sorry.

Spurs Brazil
06-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Sarver hasn’t been amenable, sources say, to dealing Stoudemire in a sign-and-trade. He wants less payroll, not more. Nevertheless, the Orlando Magic, Portland Trail Blazers, Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs could be possibilities in sign-and-trade scenarios for Stoudemire.

“They would have to really love the players coming back in a sign-and-trade,” one source familiar with Sarver’s thinking told Yahoo! Sports. “Their plan has been [using] a big trade exception or particular players that make much less.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmSKtOAFIUmlhgnwyM5bkOG8vLYF?slug=aw-stoudemiresuns062810

dbestpro
06-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Sarver hasn’t been amenable, sources say, to dealing Stoudemire in a sign-and-trade. He wants less payroll, not more. Nevertheless, the Orlando Magic, Portland Trail Blazers, Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs could be possibilities in sign-and-trade scenarios for Stoudemire.

“They would have to really love the players coming back in a sign-and-trade,” one source familiar with Sarver’s thinking told Yahoo! Sports. “Their plan has been [using] a big trade exception or particular players that make much less.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AmSKtOAFIUmlhgnwyM5bkOG8vLYF?slug=aw-stoudemiresuns062810

You made the crickets come out.

Galileo
06-28-2010, 07:08 PM
My info says this is going to happen.

Mel_13
06-28-2010, 07:11 PM
My info says this is going to happen.

You're gonna need better sources.

Booharv
06-28-2010, 07:11 PM

They might take RJ if you threw in cheap assets like Blair (2nd round contract), and/or Splitter ($5 mil is cheap for a decent big man in the NBA), and/or the $1.3 million the #20 pick is slotted at. Then when RJ's contract expires after next season they could potentially have maybe three good/very good rotation players making like a total of $6.5 million.

They'd have to swallow RJ's contract for a year but he might even revive his career playing in fast break Phoenix. tbh I'de even consider throwing Hill in.

timtonymanurich
06-28-2010, 07:32 PM
McDyess and RJ for Amare.

DEAL!

:toast:toast:toast:cheer:cheer

Brazil
06-28-2010, 07:49 PM
yeah sure Amare for the LLE !

Seventyniner
06-28-2010, 08:05 PM
They'd have to swallow RJ's contract for a year but he might even revive his career playing in fast break Phoenix. tbh I'de even consider throwing Hill in.

Trading Amare' (sign and trade) for RJ would only add $15M to Phoenix's payroll that otherwise wouldn't have been there. With all the griping some fans on this board are doing about RJ being overpaid, would the penny-pinching Suns be any more willing to take that salary on?

It would take more than just Hill to convince the Suns to pay RJ's salary for one year.

beachwood
06-28-2010, 08:14 PM
I've never liked Amare, but I would swallow my pride if by some miracle he joined the Spurs. He would make us contenders again.

We need to reload on talent in a big way. I don't think Splitter alone gives us enough to compete with the Lakers in a 7 game series.

Nathan Explosion
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
Trading Amare' (sign and trade) for RJ would only add $15M to Phoenix's payroll that otherwise wouldn't have been there. With all the griping some fans on this board are doing about RJ being overpaid, would the penny-pinching Suns be any more willing to take that salary on?

It would take more than just Hill to convince the Suns to pay RJ's salary for one year.

Actually, Amare is still on the hook for $17 million. The Suns would actually be saving $2 million. The only way Amare comes off the books is if Amare opts out. Apparently the Suns are trying to extend Amare as we speak.

Seventyniner
06-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Actually, Amare is still on the hook for $17 million. The Suns would actually be saving $2 million. The only way Amare comes off the books is if Amare opts out. Apparently the Suns are trying to extend Amare as we speak.

Granted. However, a sign-and-trade can only happen if Amare opts out, and they wouldn't trade him in the last year of his contract (if he doesn't opt out) for RJ. No way no how.

timtonymanurich
06-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Amare hasn't been the FINALS MVP anywhere, for anything. Tiago is more Polished and More of what the Spurs want/need.

Nathan Explosion
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Granted. However, a sign-and-trade can only happen if Amare opts out, and they wouldn't trade him in the last year of his contract (if he doesn't opt out) for RJ. No way no how.

They would if they're trying to cut costs. Both would be in the last year of their respective contracts, and Amare tends to pout.

Having said all that, it's all for nothing because word is if Amare doesn't get a max extension, then he's opting out.

Tito_Trinidad
06-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Amare > Bosh any day.

Dr Cox
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Amare hasn't been the FINALS MVP anywhere, for anything. Tiago is more Polished and More of what the Spurs want/need.

are you serious? a proven nba big...or tiago (who i love just as much as the next guy) but we know for sure what we get with amare

Manufan909
06-28-2010, 10:43 PM
are you serious? a proven nba big...or tiago (who i love just as much as the next guy) but we know for sure what we get with amare

Amare would have easily gotten the MVP that Tiago did if he had played in that league this past season instead of the NBA.

timtonymanurich
06-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Amare would have easily gotten the MVP that Tiago did if he had played in that league this past season instead of the NBA.

Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmk....

NO he wouldn't have.
There goes that argument.

Chieflion
06-28-2010, 11:31 PM

NO he wouldn't have.

:wow

tuncaboylu
06-29-2010, 03:21 AM
There is no chance to get him without giving up Hill or Blair.
Suns wouldn't accept any offer that doesn't include at least one of those 2 guys next to Jefferson. If they really liked James Anderson than the situation changes but it's a long shot.

Thomas82
06-29-2010, 08:43 AM
I saw this yesterday on Project Spurs:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b4JsL

I personally don't think Amare is a good fit for the Spurs. We already have a player on the team that's not a good fit, we don't need 2. I can see him going to New Jersey, especially if Jerry Colangelo takes over as the new GM.

8FOR!3
06-29-2010, 09:40 AM
And since ya'll are so high on trading Jefferson and George Hill for Amar'e, who's going to be our backup point guard and starting SF next year?

Duncan2177
06-29-2010, 03:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver and coach Alvin Gentry will make a last-ditch contract extension offer to Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) at a meeting Tuesday in Los Angeles, a team source told Yahoo! Sports.

Unless Sarver comes with a maximum offer that convinces the All-Star forward to stay, Stoudemire will opt-out of the $17.6 million left on the final year of his contract and declare himself a free agent.

More From Adrian WojnarowskiTeam LeBron reaches for prominence Jun 28, 2010 Sources: Mavs to pursue Johnson Jun 28, 2010 For the first time, Miami appears to be waning as a potential destination for Stoudemire. “Everybody thinks he’s going to Miami,” a source in the Stoudemire camp said, “but that probably won’t happen.”

Sources say Stoudemire is still interested in staying with the Suns, but the uncertainty surrounding the departures of the top two basketball executives – Steve Kerr and David Griffin – have further clouded the franchise’s direction. Still, sources say Stoudemire is looking for reasons to stay with Steve Nash(notes) and the Suns – not leave.

Should the Suns lose Stoudemire, sources say Sarver is considering the possibility of making a push for New York Knicks free-agent forward David Lee(notes). For the cost-cutting Sarver, Lee could be obtainable for $20 million-$30 million less over the life of a contract. Lee could command a five-year contract worth around $60 million. It would likely take the renouncing of valued bench player Channing Frye(notes) for the Suns to aggressively pursue Lee.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-stoudemiresuns062810

Obstructed_View
06-29-2010, 07:38 PM
And since ya'll are so high on trading Jefferson and George Hill for Amar'e, who's going to be our backup point guard and starting SF next year?

You haven't heard of The Centerpiece©?

Veterinarian
06-30-2010, 02:05 AM

Actually if you actually read his full post he was saying + Blair and maybe even (I think) plus Splitter's rights. It doesn't matter because Amare isn't coming and is retarded.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2010, 02:53 AM
amare is a huge upgrade over blair scoring wise,

then we can just shift duncan down onto defense like what robinson did, just focused on defense and chime in when needed...

Sissiborgo
06-30-2010, 05:16 AM
It would be awsome! But pop would have to teach him top play defense!:pop:

Supergirl
06-30-2010, 08:16 AM
a) it won't happen because the Suns won't let it
b) it won't happen because Amare wants too much money
c) it SHOULDN'T happen because as good as Amare is offensively he's a poor defender who has proven again and again he isn't interested in defense, and players like that have proven again and again they're not good fits on the Spurs.

Brazil
06-30-2010, 08:22 AM
c) it SHOULDN'T happen because as good as Amare is offensively he's a poor defender who has proven again and again he isn't interested in defense, and players like that have proven again and again they're not good fits on the Spurs.

true but not an argument in Pop's mind to not sign him see bonner, mason

Spurs Brazil
06-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Stoudemire opts out of contract
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
1 hour, 6 minutes ago

Email Print Amar’e Stoudemire(notes) has opted out of the $17.6 million final year of his contract to become an unrestricted free agent, his agent Happy Walters told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

Stoudemire and the Suns were still discussing a possible contract extension late Tuesday night, but Walters said: “The offer isn’t where it needs to be yet, but we’ve had a good open, cordial dialogue with the Suns. Like Dirk Nowitzki(notes) and Paul Pierce(notes), we’re exercising the opt out and we’ll see what presents itself for Amar’e on the market.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-stoudemiresuns063010

Agloco
06-30-2010, 04:17 PM

Woah........

More of what the Spurs want/need? Pass

More Polished? Fail

Agloco
06-30-2010, 04:21 PM

NO he wouldn't have.

Oh lordy, there's been a bonafide infusion of dumb on this board. Can we start "Browning" people for making absurdly stupid comments please? :(

06-30-2010, 04:22 PM
there is no perfect big except for a prime tim duncan. sign and trade of jefferson + mcdyess + some combination of splitter/blair/first pick for amare i will do in a heartbeat.