PDA

View Full Version : exec says 76ers "have to trade iguodala if they draft turner"

tdunk21
06-21-2010, 10:43 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67331/20100621/executive_says_76ers_have_to_trade_iguodala_if_the y_draft_turner/

The 76ers are expected to use the second overall pick on Ohio State's Evan Turner, an addition that might force them to move Andre Iguodala.

"If you take Turner, you have to do something with Iguodala," a Western Conference general manager told Philly Mag. "Turner doesn't have the athletic ability of Iguodala, but Iguodala doesn't have the feel for the game Turner does."

Another Western Conference executive used the word "redundancy" to describe the Turner-Iguodala pairing, since both players need the ball in their hands to be effective.

"There's not enough floor space for the two of them," he says.

The selection of Turner "might lead them to do commit to trading Iguodala," the executive added.

Iguodala has four years and $56.5 million left on his contract.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67331/20100621/executive_says_76ers_have_to_trade_iguodala_if_the y_draft_turner/#ixzz0rY9ZKPPC

an6y chances of the spurs tryin to get iggy

spursfan1000
06-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Maybe if the Sixers are interested in RJ because of his expiring contract, but im not too sure the Spurs like that 4 year 56 mil contract Iggy has left.

Mr Bones
06-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Both Turner and Iggy have very good assist numbers for their positions... I don't see why pairing them would be "redundant."

Ditty
06-21-2010, 11:01 PM
jefferson for iguodala done works for both teams

The Btown Spur
06-21-2010, 11:21 PM
I would love to get Iggy, but i think the 76ers would want more youth/talent than jefferson

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Parker + Spurs 20th for Iggy and Louis Williams or Holiday.

Ginobili2Duncan
06-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Iguodala is not much different than Jefferson in the Spurs' system. Both like to have the ball in their hands,Iguodala is more effective in the sixers' up-tempo system. Iguodala is a much better defender, but Jefferson is a better shooter. Even if there was a chance that the sixers would agree to this trade. I don't think it would be a good idea.

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2010, 12:36 AM
I've been pushing the Jefferson for Iguodala deal since last year, it was my main hope for the Spurs moving Jefferson..

While the spacing concerns would remain, Iguodala is arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA when he's focused on his defense, and unlike Jefferson, he still has all his athleticism..he can also penetrate and is a surprisingly good passer when he's put in that type of situation..

I don't think it will happen though..

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 01:06 AM
RJ+ future 1st for iggy?

blkroadrunners
06-22-2010, 01:10 AM
Iguodala is not much different than Jefferson in the Spurs' system. Both like to have the ball in their hands,Iguodala is more effective in the sixers' up-tempo system. Iguodala is a much better defender, but Jefferson is a better shooter. Even if there was a chance that the sixers would agree to this trade. I don't think it would be a good idea.

This.

Blackjack
06-22-2010, 01:20 AM
I've been pushing the Jefferson for Iguodala deal since last year, it was my main hope for the Spurs moving Jefferson..

While the spacing concerns would remain, Iguodala is arguably the best perimeter defender in the NBA when he's focused on his defense, and unlike Jefferson, he still has all his athleticism..he can also penetrate and is a surprisingly good passer when he's put in that type of situation..

I don't think it will happen though..

Yeah, it seems we've both been hoping for a straight-up trade between these two forever. I don't see it happening but you can't deny how much better he could be as a fit with Hill and how much more helpful he'd be to the Spurs with his defense and ability to ignite the break off the rebound.

Not an ideal fit for the Spurs but a much more useful player than RJ.

Mr Bones
06-22-2010, 01:50 AM
I can't see why the Sixers would give up their best player for cap relief and nothing else... the Parker for Iggy/Holiday makes more sense to me. Philly gets an all-star PG and the option to resign him when his contract is up, and still keep Louis Williams as a back up. If for some reason it doesn't work out, they still get cap relief. The Spurs get 55 individual minutes of improved defense per game (35 from AI, 20 from Holiday) and a 3 pt shooter at the point. And if the Sixers want a draft pick too, it wouldn't matter... the Spurs would be adding 2 new players anyway. But I still don't buy that Iggy and Turner can't play together-- two triple double threats playing side by side is hardly a problem. Iggy's contract is probably more the issue.

Muser
06-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh and if someone says that Iggy can't create for himself and others, they don't know what they're talking about. Andre can easily get the Spurs 15-22 points and 6-9 assists any given night

Yep.

An RJ for Iggy trade straight up would probably be the best trade the Spurs could do with RJ.

The Franchise
06-22-2010, 01:24 PM
jefferson for iguodala done works for both teams

06-22-2010, 02:19 PM
iguodala is better than jefferson but only a better fit because he plays pretty good defense. yes, he can create, but not well enough to take the ball out of parker, ginobili, and duncan's hands. i doubt iguodala will average more points than jefferson currently has. his offensive game does remind me a lot of jefferson's. not an elite creator but someone who benefits greatly off a passing point guard.

defensively though, is a whole other story. he will be great in the spurs' system except for the fact he can't consistently make 3's.

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 03:43 PM
iguodala is better than jefferson but only a better fit because he plays pretty good defense. yes, he can create, but not well enough to take the ball out of parker, ginobili, and duncan's hands. i doubt iguodala will average more points than jefferson currently has. his offensive game does remind me a lot of jefferson's. not an elite creator but someone who benefits greatly off a passing point guard.

defensively though, is a whole other story. he will be great in the spurs' system except for the fact he can't consistently make 3's.

all we need is his defense and athleticism.....let tim, tony, manu be the scorers and hill,blair, dice, splitter(if he comes over), iggy(if rj for iggy works) be the role players......

CGD
06-22-2010, 07:16 PM
Pass

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2010, 07:19 PM
maybe they want us to absorb brands contract lmao

lefty
06-22-2010, 07:37 PM
If we bring Iggy, Pop is going to cripple him

What's the point?