PDA

View Full Version : Celebs take out full page ad calling Celtics their 2010 World Champions

namlook
06-22-2010, 02:55 AM
I wonder what Larry Bird thinks of this?

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/june10sports/CelebAd.jpg

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2010/06/celebrities_hon.html?camp=localsearch:on:twit:celt ics

http://i48.tinypic.com/4kit92.gif

http://i48.tinypic.com/2h6sfao.jpg

BRHornet45
06-22-2010, 02:58 AM
sons if not for the rigging of this years NBA finals the Celtics would have EASILY won in 5 games absolutely no doubt about it. however the league needed the Lakers to win for financial reasons. hopefully this economy turns around soon so that just MAYBE the NBA will chill out controlling the playoff games.

J.T.
06-22-2010, 03:14 AM
2010 finals was rigged as fuck about as bad as this year's Super Bowl saints players stole the "plays we're gonna run if we have to run 2 minute drill to win the game" playbook from Reggie Wayne.

Bandwagon Fan
06-22-2010, 03:40 AM
sons if not for the rigging of this years NBA finals the Celtics would have EASILY won in 5 games absolutely no doubt about it. however the league needed the Lakers to win for financial reasons. hopefully this economy turns around soon so that just MAYBE the NBA will chill out controlling the playoff games.

Tell me, which 'easy' games are you referencing? The two blowouts in games 1 and 6, or the almost comeback from 17 points behind in game 3 that no one seemed to complain about? Maybe you mean games 2 and 4 where the lakers surrendered a 4th quarter lead?

The only game the Celtics held a 4th quarter lead and won was game 5, more importantly the only game they held a 4th quarter lead and lost was game 7. Those two aside every game they lost was quite embarrassing for them, and the other games they won were by the skin of their teeth. This series wasnt nearly as close as it looked, Celtics are lucky they werent simply swept.

lurker
06-22-2010, 08:02 AM
I find this insulting. How can you call those people celebs?

Drachen
06-22-2010, 08:33 AM
I wouldn't mind being Eliza dushku's champion.

Mrlunt925
06-22-2010, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't mind being Eliza dushku's champion.

ditto

Sportcamper
06-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Celtic’s have a great team & had an incredible playoff run…I think its great that their fans recognize their achievements…

Vertical
06-22-2010, 11:41 AM
The Bucks overachieved too. Maybe Gene Wilder, Kato kailin and steve Miller could take out an ad too. lol

Drachen
06-22-2010, 11:55 AM
The Bucks overachieved too. Maybe Gene Wilder, Kato kailin and steve Miller could take out an ad too. lol

We will always remember to "Fear the Deer" after that magic carpet ride that you took us on. At the beginnning of the season, we didn't expect much, but then around Winter Time all of a sudden Abracadabra the team made great progress and ended up in the playoffs.
You really made us feel like we could fly like an eagle. That being said, we want to make sure that none of you Jokers get all crazy, hop on a big ol Jet Airliner and Take the money and run. It feels like the team is on the Threshold of taking it all the way, turning Milwaukee into Swingtown where everybody will be able to drink that Wild Mountain Honey and Dance Dance Dance. Thank you 2010 Milwaukee Bucks, and keep on Rock 'N Me into 2011!

I'm on a horse.

LnGrrrR
06-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Lakers -99 in FTs!!!

Booharv
06-22-2010, 12:11 PM
lol mclovin

Vertical
06-22-2010, 12:15 PM
We will always remember to "Fear the Deer" after that magic carpet ride that you took us on. At the beginnning of the season, we didn't expect much, but then around Winter Time all of a sudden Abracadabra the team made great progress and ended up in the playoffs.
You really made us feel like we could fly like an eagle. That being said, we want to make sure that none of you Jokers get all crazy, hop on a big ol Jet Airliner and Take the money and run. It feels like the team is on the Threshold of taking it all the way, turning Milwaukee into Swingtown where everybody will be able to drink that Wild Mountain Honey and Dance Dance Dance. Thank you 2010 Milwaukee Bucks, and keep on Rock 'N Me into 2011!

I'm on a horse.
:toast

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 12:20 PM

Oh yeah it's rigged. David Stern (jew) does not want a Nazi to ever win a NBA title thus is why you have seen the Mavericks taken historical loses vs Heat in finals (stern jumped on the red phone 4th quarter of game 3), 8th seed Warriors and the 7th seed Spews. Didn't mess around after the heat finals!

spizzle_tronk
06-22-2010, 12:48 PM
u mad

Ashy Larry
06-22-2010, 01:05 PM
lol mclovin

that's what I was talkin' about .... I mean hell, you know its bad when the old lady of a football player is considered a celebrity ......

I wonder if they're gonna leave that blank banner hanging up .......