06-22-2010, 11:05 AM
3-0 Argentina

Messi
Higuain
Messi

Higuain will rest in this match.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Higuain won't play, I don't think. Milito should be in for him.

resistanze
06-22-2010, 11:06 AM
3-0 Argentina.
Heinze
Heinze
Heinze

DAF86
06-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Heinze is out too.

Bukefal
06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
4-0 argentina.

Go argentina :clap

resistanze
06-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Heinze is out too.

Damnit. Burdisso hat trick.

Spurologist
06-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Higuain will rest in this match.

FUCK....why not Messi too then?

If Messi plays,

Messi
Arguero
Messi

Slo spurs fan
06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Argentina 8 KBP´s 0

Messi
Messi
Messi
Messi
Messi
Messi
Messi
Messi

ffadicted
06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Messi you baby faced child, please score 7 goals for my fantasy thnx much

DAF86
06-22-2010, 11:29 AM
FUCK....why not Messi too then?

If Messi plays,

Messi
Arguero
Messi

Messi asked Maradona to play.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Messi you baby faced child, please score 7 goals for my fantasy thnx much

You're quite the jinxter with your fantasy team... :(
I hope you don't also have Agüero and Milito in there... :lol

ffadicted
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
You're quite the jinxter with your fantasy team... :(
I hope you don't also have Agüero and Milito in there... :lol

lol man, it's actually ridiculous how my team works. Either I make the greatest decisions ever, or have the worst luck of all time. Taking out villa after he was my capt first round (3 x 2 points fail) for messi (had to pay 3 points), then messi gets only 7 points and villa scores twice next round... picking french bastards, Kaka red card when he was my captain, picking up Klose after the first round. It's so bad

But I've had good decisions too, which leaves me now slightly ahead of the middle of the pack. Anyway, Messi is my captain this round, so I hope for your and my sake that he this decision turns out to be one of the good ones :lol

ElNono
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
:ihit

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 01:26 PM
I don't see this game having a huge score. I'm thinking maybe 2-0 Argentina

ElNono
06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
You lies!!!! :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
06-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Country where I used to live<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Country my favorite current Spur is from!

Argies 2, Hellas 1

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 01:32 PM
You lies!!!! :lol

think about it. Even if this turns out to be a rout, Maradona better rest the key players after the first 2 goals

urunobili
06-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Argentina's alternative jersey set sucks... I prefer the darker blue... they look as if they are Greece :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Argentina's alternative jersey set sucks... I prefer the darker blue... they look as if they are Greece :rolleyes

I agree

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 01:39 PM
We're playing like crap right now

LoneStarState'sPride
06-22-2010, 01:39 PM

Confused the hell out of me when I first turned on the tv lol

resistanze
06-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Nigeria is leading South Korea in the other match.

urunobili
06-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Nigeria is leading South Korea in the other match.

Good news... despite Greece is looking stronger than them, Uruguay defends more comfy European nations :tu

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 01:53 PM
:lmao the whole of the Greek team huddled around their goal

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 01:59 PM
I guess it makes sense. If Greece ties, they go through right now, don't they?

Hence why they're so fucking crammed into their side

resistanze
06-22-2010, 02:01 PM
I guess it makes sense. If Greece ties, they go through right now, don't they?

Hence why they're so fucking crammed into their side

Yup, I hope they get scored on.

resistanze
06-22-2010, 02:03 PM
Well, actually it's kinda weird considering if Korea wins they'll be out. But I guess they have no confidence in stealing this game from ARG.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Veron acting. Man I hate that shit

DAF86
06-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Fuck Otto and his man to man defense on Messi. Can somebody please tell the Greeks that they're getting eliminated? They need a goal, and for that to happen they need to get past midfield. I don't even care if Argentina wins anymore, I just want to see an entertaining game. :bang

ElNono
06-22-2010, 02:23 PM
How #19 doesn't have a yellow card yet, is a mystery to me.

LOL fair play

DAF86
06-22-2010, 02:24 PM

I like them, that kind of blue looks cool, imho.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 02:26 PM
I miss Mascherano and Tevez...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 02:31 PM
I miss having some kind of offensive strategy

resistanze
06-22-2010, 02:37 PM
lol Korea leading.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Somebody tell the Greeks Korea is winning. Maybe then they'll realize that they won't go through if they keep just defending

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 02:50 PM
talk about a boring fucking game....

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 02:56 PM
that goalie needs to have a monument made in his honor

Libri
06-22-2010, 02:58 PM
It looked like he stopped it with his balls.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 02:58 PM
It looked like he stopped it with his balls.

yeah well, they're the size of melons

LoneStarState'sPride
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Goal!

urunobili
06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Finally... Argentina has been quite lucky with the way they have scored... to their credit... it's deserved... the almost perfect ones won't always go out... :tu

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I think this could possibly be one of the worst games so far

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:12 PM
Man, I don't even want Palermo in on garbage time

LoneStarState'sPride
06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Damn, thought that one was gonna go.

btw, Manumaniac, your sig is hilarious! :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
06-22-2010, 03:16 PM
There it is!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:17 PM
:lmao every dude I dislike scores in this world cup. Fuck it! Put Higuain and Palermo in.

urunobili
06-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Palermo!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Seriously though, Messi deserves to score. That Palermo goal was all Messi. Palermo was just there to score it

urunobili
06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Messi best player in the world right now... it's not even close :wakeup

LoneStarState'sPride
06-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Seriously though, Messi deserves to score. That Palermo goal was all Messi. Palermo was just there to score it

Very true--that was ALL Messi lol

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm seriously starting to believe there is something to being in the right place at the right time. A sort of skill. Palermo has made a whole career out of it. He can't drivel worth shit, but he scores goals like a motherfucker.

DAF86
06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
What the fuck does Messi have to do to get one lousy goal? :bang

lol Palermo

resistanze
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
Messi's overrated. Give me Palermo any day.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Messi's overrated. Give me Palermo any day.

:lol

DAF86
06-22-2010, 03:27 PM
lol ffadicted not even getting an assist for that Messi play.

Whisky Dog
06-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Very good win and I'm looking forward to the rematch years in the making with Arg and Mexico.

What's up with Diego jumping into other men's arms every time his team scores? Iss muchh homo

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:31 PM
Very good win and I'm looking forward to the rematch years in the making with Arg and Mexico.

What's up with Diego jumping into other men's arms every time his team scores? Iss muchh homo

if he wins the world cup, who the fuck cares? :lol Let them kiss for all I give a shit.

DAF86
06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Now, thinking of the game against Mexico. I don't like Veron in a three men miedfield like ours and Clemente showed today that he deserves to start instead of Gutierrez.

My team:

Romero

Clemente Demichellis Samuel Heinze

Rodriguez Mascherano Di Maria

Messi

Higuain Tevez

P/S: Pastore=crack, he should be our 12th man.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm actually worried that our defense won't be able to handle Dos Santos. If that Samaras dude could manhandle us like he did, Giovanni is going to do a number on us.

ffadicted
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
Fuck this shit, I quit fantasy

DAF86
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM
I'm actually worried that our defense won't be able to handle Dos Santos. If that Samaras dude could manhandle us like he did, Giovanni is going to do a number on us.

Dos Santos, Vela, Hernandez. Mexico has a lot of talent up front, that's why I didn't want to face them.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 03:47 PM

:lmao

Bukefal
06-22-2010, 03:50 PM
I expected more from Argentina, but well it's a win. That's what counts. Bye bye Greece lol

:clap

ElNono
06-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Pastore :tu :tu

We've yet to play from from behind, and that makes me uneasy. But I'll take the 9 points.

Bukefal
06-22-2010, 03:51 PM

:lol

urunobili
06-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Argentina should take care of business with Mexico. I too agree that that match may be the most difficult one for them till they see Spain somewhere in the bracket. :tu

DAF86
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
lol, NOW FIFA gives Messi the "player of the match" award? He played a lot better in the two previous games. Greece's goal keeper was the star of this game, imho.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Man, if England ends up second in their group and Spain ends up first (which one could reasonably expect to happen) Argentina is probably going to have to go through Mexico, England, Spain and most likely Brazil in the finals...

In other words, either we're fucked or we end up winning the most deserved trophy in the history of WCs :lol

Spurologist
06-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Man, if England ends up second in their group and Spain ends up first (which one could reasonably expect to happen) Argentina is probably going to have to go through Mexico, England, Spain and most likely Brazil in the finals...

In other words, either we're fucked or we end up winning the most deserved trophy in the history of WCs :lol

Damn.......my pick is still Argentina though.

diego
06-22-2010, 05:27 PM
i love pastore, i'm pissed he didnt get a bigger chance, and a little pissed that he wasnt more agressive in the minutes he got. but I really want to see him in the lineup, i think him and messi together will be too much for most teams to handle.

mexico will likely score on us. but we should score on them more. this mexico team isnt as good as 06.

i dont expect argentina to get any more clean sheets from here on out. we just need to keep putting it in the back of the net.

MmP
06-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Rodriguez did well but you gotta see what he can do when he has to guard a powerfull wing player.

chungoman
06-22-2010, 09:45 PM
Pastore was great. He did way more in just a few minutes than what Di Maria did in 3 games.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 09:46 PM
:lmao at Maradona asking the press to apologize to the players for having doubted them...

dude is such a fucking clown. He beats fucking Nigeria, Korea and Greece and thinks he's somehow an accomplished coach. The only thing keeping me from giving my complete support to this team is the fact that this fat piece of shit is going to get most of the credit for its success.

Now, if Arg wins it all, I'll give Maradona his due as a coach no doubt he will have proven me wrong in that regard, but he'll still be a classless piece of crap whom I feel ashamed being represented by.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
:lmao at Maradona asking the press to apologies to the players for having doubted them...

dude is such a fucking clown. He beats fucking Nigeria, Korea and Greece and thinks he's somehow an accomplished coach. The only thing keeping me from giving my complete support to this team is the fact that this fat piece of shit is going to get most of the credit for its success.

Now, if Arg wins it all, I'll give Maradona his due as a coach no doubt he will have proven me wrong in that regard, but he'll still be a classless piece of crap whom I feel ashamed being represented by.

He already did better than Bielsa...

...just sayin'

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 09:52 PM
He already did better than Bielsa...

...just sayin'

No, he didn't. Bielsa faced a better Nigeria, a very good England, and a good Sweden team. You can't even compare the competition.

Bielsa is ten times the coach Maradona is.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 10:32 PM
No, he didn't. Bielsa faced a better Nigeria, a very good England, and a good Sweden team. You can't even compare the competition.

We were stacked then too, and we supposedly had a 10x better coach. And Sweden was a fairly average team. They ended up getting kicked out in the round of 16 by no other than Senegal(!).

So, maybe this time the competition was not as good, but this team plays 10x much better soccer than that team.

Bielsa is ten times the coach Maradona is.

I actually agree with that. But I also think that the influence of the coach is highly overrated. Ultimately, it's the players that win or lose the games.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I'll also add that so far Diego has done a very good job of keeping the team very motivated, and that he has been spot on with all the substitutions.

I'm sure there's plenty of people waiting in the wings to jump at him if Argentina flames out of the competition, but really, I can't even remember the last time an Argentina side was this exciting and dangerous. He's done a great job so far, IMO.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 10:43 PM
We were stacked then too, and we supposedly had a 10x better coach. And Sweden was a fairly average team. They ended up getting kicked out in the round of 16 by no other than Senegal(!).

So, maybe this time the competition was not as good, but this team plays 10x much better soccer than that team.

I disagree, I think this team hasn't been tested yet, at all. Korea and Greece played defensive football that put little to no stress on our D. Better teams are going to abuse that weakness to death. We have a horrible defense and no apparent offensive scheme. We rely on individuality to penetrate defenses. That shit isn't going to fly against the teams like Brasil who have well rounded games. I see very little team game (today's bullshit procrastination passing against Greece doesn't count).

I actually agree with that. But I also think that the influence of the coach is highly overrated. Ultimately, it's the players that win or lose the games.

I disagree, and if there anything Maradona has that others might not is the ability to motivate. That's great and all, but a well motivated mess doesn't beat quality competition. I genuinely believe if we meet either Spain, Brazil, Holland or Germany we're in for a rude awakening.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 10:49 PM
I'll also add that so far Diego has done a very good job of keeping the team very motivated, and that he has been spot on with all the substitutions.

I'm sure there's plenty of people waiting in the wings to jump at him if Argentina flames out of the competition, but really, I can't even remember the last time an Argentina side was this exciting and dangerous. He's done a great job so far, IMO.

Its only been 3 games against dismal competition! You can't seriously talk about excitement and danger when all you've beaten is a pussy ass Greek team that took absolutely no risks, a lackluster Korean team and very weak Nigeria team.

All I'm saying is the real competition lies ahead, and this team still has all the same problems it had when we started.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 11:01 PM
We obviously are not going to agree. It's easy to say this and that rival was weak, but you still have to go out there, dominate, score the goals and win. Ask England if Algeria was a piece of cake. Ask Spain if Switzerland was a weak rival. Same with Portugal vs Ivory Coast, Germany vs Slovenia, heck, even Brazil vs North Korea...

Today's game was an aberration also because we played basically our B team. And I'm also a believer that Samuel is basically half of our defense.

I don't know what lies ahead. I'm sure we will be tested eventually by better teams, and I also already expressed that I would like to see this team's reaction when playing from behind. But up to this point, I don't know there's anything to be bitching about as far as coaching goes.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-22-2010, 11:05 PM
We obviously are not going to agree. It's easy to say this and that rival was weak, but you still have to go out there, dominate, score the goals and win. Ask England if Algeria was a piece of cake. Ask Spain if Switzerland was a weak rival. Same with Portugal vs Ivory Coast, Germany vs Slovenia, heck, even Brazil vs North Korea...

Today's game was an aberration also because we played basically our B team. And I'm also a believer that Samuel is basically half of our defense.

I don't know what lies ahead. I'm sure we will be tested eventually by better teams, and I also already expressed that I would like to see this team's reaction when playing from behind. But up to this point, I don't know there's anything to be bitching about as far as coaching goes.

alright, how about we put this discussion on hold until after the quarter finals. I think by then we'll have a pretty good idea of what this team is or is not capable of. In the meantime we'll agree to disagree.

P.S. Don't get me wrong, as much as I dislike Maradona, I'm fully rooting for Argentina to win everything. I desperately want Maradona to prove me wrong. You won't find a happier dude out there if he does.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 11:14 PM
We're on the same boat. And I was as much, if not more skeptic than you going into this thing. I'm not even a Boca fan or anything like that. I don't know how he did it, but he got Messi to be Messi, Tevez to give a shit, and basically everybody to buy into what he's selling.

Right now, I'll give him props for that. Basically because there was the possibility we could have been much, much worse. Bolivia-like worse.

We could flame out next game, and then we'll be back talking about what went wrong, Cambiasso, Zanetti, etc etc etc. We'll have to see.

DAF86
06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Now, thinking of the game against Mexico. I don't like Veron in a three men miedfield like ours and Clemente showed today that he deserves to start instead of Gutierrez.

My team:

Romero

Clemente Demichellis Samuel Heinze

Messi

Higuain Tevez

P/S: Pastore=crack, he should be our 12th man.

Maradona's supossed 11 against Mexico:

Romero

Otamendi Demichellis Samuel Heinze

Messi

Higuain Tevez

As you can see I would rather have Clemente instead of Otamendi but all in all I like this line-up. I kind of have the feeling that Maradona wasn't satisfied with the way the team played with Veron in there. I like the way Maradona is coaching during this WC.