PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant Covers NBA Elite 11?

Kevin Durant 35
06-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Is it true? My friend told me that he saw it on the news. Can someone post a link if its true?

duncan228
06-22-2010, 01:35 PM
In case anyone really wanted to see it. :)

Kevin Durant covers 'NBA Elite 11' (http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5315276/kevin-durant-covers-nba-elite-11)
By Jon Robinson
June 22, 2010

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0622/vg_nbaelite_1_576.jpg
Check out the Kevin Durant cover art for "NBA Elite 11".

EA Sports announced today that Kevin Durant will be the cover athlete of their new basketball game, "NBA Elite 11".

This marks the second time in the past four years that EA Sports has signed Durant to cover a product as the Thunder superstar also appeared on the front of the box for "NCAA March Madness 08".

"Durant is a game changer," said Jordan Edelstein, VP Marketing, EA Sports via press release. "There has never been a player his size with his skill set, and there has never before been a basketball videogame like "NBA Elite". Just like we see Durant as the future of the NBA, "NBA Elite 11" represents the future of basketball videogames by providing a gameplay experience you simply won't find anywhere else on the market."

The new gameplay experience Edelstein is talking about includes a real-time physics engine and an innovative control scheme that enables gamers to control their player's feet with the left analog stick while controlling all dribble moves, shots, dunks, steals, and blocks with the right stick.

But will it be enough to compete with Michael Jordan and "NBA 2K11"?

Expectations for "Elite" are high within EA Sports. Let's just hope they finally give us a product as electrifying as the cover athlete they're paying to pitch it.

MavDynasty
06-22-2010, 01:37 PM
lol live

MiamiHeat
06-22-2010, 02:01 PM
so Nba Live changed their name to Elite?

lol.

for the first time in my life, i am going to buy a sports game on release day. NBA 2k11, that is :)

IronMexican
06-22-2010, 02:05 PM
lol at anyone buying either NBA game this year. Both were god awful. Just awful. 2k hasn't changed in a while and just feels like a roster update with new drunks added. And not because 2k is flawless. They just don't want to fix it. Playing 2k9 to 2k10 was like playing Madden 08 and then Madden 09. It felt like the same thing with new rosters.

Edward
06-22-2010, 02:21 PM
lol at anyone buying either NBA game this year. Both were god awful. Just awful. 2k hasn't changed in a while and just feels like a roster update with new drunks added. And not because 2k is flawless. They just don't want to fix it. Playing 2k9 to 2k10 was like playing Madden 08 and then Madden 09. It felt like the same thing with new rosters.

Ya think? IMO you're being too kind to 2k10. 2k9 was a game I enjoyed playing with relatively decent gameplay, 2k10 was a major downgrade that had absolute garbage gameplay with a countless amount of glitches. My favorite is when the ref is about to hand your player the ball to inbound it, and he just never hands it to him. The game doesn't freeze, the ref just doesn't hand the ball to him.

IronMexican
06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Probably right. 2k9 was pretty fun. 2k10 was just awful. Zero redeeming qualities.

dirk4mvp
06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
This new Elite looks alot better than past Lives, most notably Live 07, which quite possibly is the worst sports game in the history of sports games.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-22-2010, 03:15 PM
The one redeeming quality of 2k10 was the mode where you start out as an undrafted rookie with a player rating of 40 and you have to make it with a team. It was somewhat challenging, I got my player up to a 61 before getting bored with it.

duncan228
06-22-2010, 03:16 PM
There was a little conversation in the Geek Zone too.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156237

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155824

dirk4mvp
06-22-2010, 03:21 PM
The one redeeming quality of 2k10 was the mode where you start out as an undrafted rookie with a player rating of 40 and you have to make it with a team. It was somewhat challenging, I got my player up to a 61 before getting bored with it.

I wish Madden's Superstar mode was even half as deep as 2k's version. Madden's superstar thing is the shallowest game mode I've ever played.

milkshakeballa
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
There was a little conversation in the Geek Zone too.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156237

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155824

we have a greek zone here?

you must be joking.

GOOD JOB TO KORI FOR GETTING punked by those BROKE ASS euros and getting their own forum.

:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I wish Madden's Superstar mode was even half as deep as 2k's version. Madden's superstar thing is the shallowest game mode I've ever played.

I haven't played it in years, the last time I did I started out as a QB ranked in the 80's. My thought was how the fuck is this supposed to be hard?

spursfan1000
06-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I think I am going to get NBA elite this year, ive gotten nba 2k since nba 2k6 but 2k10 has just been so dissapointing lately.

duncan228
06-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Updated.

Durant hopes to sign extension with Thunder soon (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-thunder-durant)
By Jeff Latzke

The cover of EA Sports’ new NBA video game features Kevin Durant on the cover in a white Oklahoma City Thunder jersey.

Durant hopes he’ll soon be signed up to wear that jersey for a long time.

The NBA’s scoring champion from last season will get the opportunity to negotiate an extension with the Thunder on July 1 and he’s looking forward to signing on the dotted line.

“I hope it happens, man. I’m really emphasizing how much I really enjoy playing for the Oklahoma City team and playing for that city,” Durant said in a phone interview Tuesday after the NBA ELITE 11 cover was unveiled.

“Hopefully something gets done. I work hard and hopefully things start to pan out for me. We’ll see what happens on July 1.”

Durant was the No. 2 overall pick in the 2007 draft and won the Rookie of the Year award. Last season, he was selected as an All-Star for the first time and averaged 30.1 points to become the youngest player to lead the league in scoring.

He is signed with the Thunder through next season under his original rookie contract, which would pay him about $5 million next year. Oklahoma City, which is well under the salary cap, could offer him more than two times that much— with the actual amount dependent on where the cap is set for next season.

Durant said he’d prefer to have the contract done with soon, but he won’t be hurt if there isn’t an offer waiting for him when negotiations are allowed to open next week.

“I’m not going to be disappointed at all because I like playing the game,” Durant said. “I have the chance to play again the year after that. I won’t be disappointed because I’m still going to play the game of basketball, but I would like to have something done by the end of the season.”

Durant, 21, has continued to build on his stardom by holding a Nike basketball camp alongside the Great Wall of China earlier this month, and he’ll also be playing for the U.S. at the world championships this summer in Turkey. He also visited Hong Kong last offseason.

“I never thought basketball would take me all the way across the world,” Durant said. “It shows how big the game has gotten.”

His latest accomplishment is being picked by EA Sports to be on the cover of the first installment of its new video game, replacing the NBA Live series. Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Dwight Howard were among the players chosen to be on the cover in recent years.

Behind Durant, who finished second in the voting for the NBA’s most improved player last season, the Thunder increased their win total from 23 to 50 before being eliminated by the eventual champion Los Angeles Lakers in the first round of the playoffs.

“Being on the cover of a video game, it’s big-time,” said Durant, who was previously on the cover of NCAA March Madness 08. “A lot of kids will be able to see who the Thunder are now, because of the video game, so I’m very excited about that.”

Durant said it’s a fitting honor, considering how often he plays the game.

“Not a little bit. A lot,” he said, admitting he knows the cheat codes, too. “When I’m not at the gym, I’m always on the video game. It was an easy decision for me.”

jermaine
06-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I think I am going to get NBA elite this year, ive gotten nba 2k since nba 2k6 but 2k10 has just been so dissapointing lately.

I swear I say the same thang. My record online is 159-51. But this shit is outta hand. Nba elite is innovating & 2k is puttin out "Patches". With each patch the game get worse. 2k gots to come with it this year or I'm going back to lie/elite myself.

Sissiborgo
06-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Nice cover! butt 2k are doing much better

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm not a fan of NBA games anymore, I haven't been impressed in a while..I agree about the Superstar modes, although I think the NBA version is too easy..NHL and MLB superstar modes are much better than the NFL and NBA versions..

BTW, nice job of removing Durant's acne..they should have kept it a hundred, although it probably would have scared potential buyers..

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 08:47 PM
You guys ever play the old Cadaco Basketball Game where the ball rolls around on a board until it settles into a small hole....underneath is a shooter arm that you trigger with a handle on the side and try to shoot the ball into a basket on the game's end.

It's a blast.

IronMexican
06-24-2010, 11:05 AM
You guys ever play the old Cadaco Basketball Game where the ball rolls around on a board until it settles into a small hole....underneath is a shooter arm that you trigger with a handle on the side and try to shoot the ball into a basket on the game's end.

It's a blast.

What? No.