PDA

View Full Version : Obama loses in court

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 01:52 PM
Judge blocks Gulf offshore drilling moratorium.

NEW ORLEANS – A federal judge struck down the Obama administration's six-month ban on deepwater oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico on Tuesday, saying the government rashly concluded that because one rig failed, the others are in immediate danger, too.

The White House promised an immediate appeal. The Interior Department had halted approval of any new permits for deepwater drilling and suspended drilling of 33 exploratory wells in the Gulf.

Press Secretary Robert Gibbs said President Barack Obama believes strongly that drilling at such depths does not make sense and puts the safety of workers "at a danger that the president does not believe we can afford."

Several companies that ferry people and supplies and provide other services to offshore drilling rigs asked U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman in New Orleans to overturn the moratorium.

They argued it was arbitrarily imposed after the April 20 explosion on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig that killed 11 workers and blew out the well 5,000 feet underwater. It has spewed anywhere from 67 million to 127 million gallons of oil into the Gulf.

Feldman sided with the companies, saying in his ruling the Interior Department assumed that because one rig failed, all companies and rigs doing deepwater drilling pose an imminent danger.

"The Deepwater Horizon oil spill is an unprecedented, sad, ugly and inhuman disaster," he wrote. "What seems clear is that the federal government has been pressed by what happened on the Deepwater Horizon into an otherwise sweeping confirmation that all Gulf deepwater drilling activities put us all in a universal threat of irreparable harm."

His ruling prohibits federal officials from enforcing the moratorium until a trial is held. He did not set a trial date.

The Interior Department said it needed time to study the risks of deepwater drilling. But the lawsuit filed by Hornbeck Offshore Services of Covington, La., claimed there was no proof the other operations posed a threat.

Company CEO Todd Hornbeck said after the ruling that he is looking forward to getting back to work.

"It's the right thing for not only the industry but the country," he said.

Earlier in the day, executives at a major oil conference in London warned that the moratorium would cripple world energy supplies. Steven Newman, president and CEO of Transocean Ltd., owner of the rig that exploded, called it an unnecessary overreaction. BP PLC was leasing the rig.

"There are things the administration could implement today that would allow the industry to go back to work tomorrow without an arbitrary six-month time limit," Newman told reporters on the sidelines of the conference.

The moratorium was declared May 6 and originally was to last only through the month. Obama announced May 27 that he was extending it for six months.

In Louisiana, Gov. Bobby Jindal and corporate leaders said that would force drilling rigs to leave the Gulf of Mexico for lucrative business in foreign waters.

They said the loss of business would cost the area thousands of lucrative jobs, most paying more than $50,000 a year. The state's other major economic sector, tourism, is a largely low-wage industry.

Tim Kerner, the mayor of Lafitte, La., cheered Feldman's ruling.

"I love it. I think it's great for the jobs here and the people who depend on them," said Kerner, whose constituents make their living primarily from commercial fishing or oil.

But in its response to the lawsuit, the Interior Department said the moratorium is needed as attempts to stop the leak and clean the Gulf continue and new safety standards are developed.

"A second deepwater blowout could overwhelm the efforts to respond to the current disaster," the Interior Department said.

The government also challenged contentions the moratorium would cause long-term economic harm. Although 33 deepwater drilling sites were affected, there are still 3,600 oil and natural gas production platforms in the Gulf.

Catherine Wannamaker, a lawyer for environmental groups that intervened in the case and supported the moratorium, called the ruling "a step in the wrong direction."

"We think it overlooks the ongoing harm in the Gulf, the devastation it has had on people's lives," she said. "The harm at issue with the Deepwater Horizon spill is bigger than just the Louisiana economy. It affects all of the Gulf."

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Why is Obumbler so bent on destroying more American jobs and livelihood?

Or is it O-Mumbler?

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 01:55 PM
He wants oil, he doesn't want oil, I don't know what the fuck he wants.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Worse than a woman huh...

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Worse than a woman huh...

Rumor has it, he's gay.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Rumor has it, he's gay.
Is that why Mrs. O dresses like she does? To find a lover?

ducks
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
he lost this one and he will lose again in court

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Is that why Mrs. O dresses like she does? To find a lover?

If you are a wokie you might find her attractive.

clambake
06-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Rumor has it, he's gay.

still cruising, huh jack?

Blake
06-22-2010, 02:17 PM

You want him to do something, just not this?

I don't know what the fuck you want from Obama.

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 02:25 PM
You want him to do something, just not this?

What are you talking about? He should have never banned offshore drilling. We have laws you know. His administration gave out 29 permits. Now because of an accident he wants to say "fuck them". You can't do that. And the Judge told him so. I want Obama to hand out more premits and not have another knee jerk reaction to an accident.

Pay attention next time so you don't get confused.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2010, 02:25 PM

Rumor has it, he's gay.
It's pretty clear what jack wants from Obama.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2010, 02:29 PM
This ruling really surprises me. I don't know if I'm actually too opposed to it since it seems to be a slap in the face of executive power, but I would think there is precedent for actions of this nature.

To me this would make actions like grounding the US air fleet after 9/11 impossible. Maybe FWDT will chime in with his opinion on some point.

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 02:30 PM
This ruling really surprises me. I don't know if I'm actually too opposed to it since it seems to be a slap in the face of executive power, but I would think there is precedent for actions of this nature.

To me this would make actions like grounding the US air fleet after 9/11 impossible. Maybe FWDT will chime in with his opinion on some point.

A president can't do whatever he wants.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Wow - you're a straight up scholar. Thanks for that profound tidbit, Socrates.

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow - you're a straight up scholar. Thanks for that profound tidbit, Socrates.

You're welcome. Next time don't be so surprised at a judge upholding a law.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2010, 02:43 PM

I'll remember this next time you bitch about an activist judge.

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I'll remember this next time you bitch about an activist judge.

Kewl. Also remember Obama can't bribe everyone.

George Gervin's Afro
06-22-2010, 02:44 PM
What's funny is that if he didn't order the moratorium and another offshore rig went haywire all of the obama haters would have wondered why obama din't suspend drilling until we knew all rigs were safe.. why did he let another disaster happen..blah,blah,bleh,blah...

guy can't win either way..

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 02:48 PM
What's funny is that if he didn't order the moratorium and another offshore rig went haywire all of the obama haters would have wondered why obama din't suspend drilling until we knew all rigs were safe.. why did he let another disaster happen..blah,blah,bleh,blah...

guy can't win either way..
Maybe next time his underlings that do the inspections will do their jobs right.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Maybe next time his underlings that do the inspections will do their jobs right.

This is pretty true. Its been stated how corrupt these relationships have been in the past and I hope there is something done to change that.

George Gervin's Afro
06-22-2010, 02:50 PM

so it isn't his fault..let jack know

Blake
06-22-2010, 03:35 PM
What are you talking about? He should have never banned offshore drilling. We have laws you know. His administration gave out 29 permits. Now because of an accident he wants to say "fuck them". You can't do that. And the Judge told him so. I want Obama to hand out more premits and not have another knee jerk reaction to an accident.

kewl.

Pay attention next time so you don't get confused.

I'm still waiting for you to clearly state what the fuck you want Obama to do in regards to cleaning up the spill.

CosmicCowboy
06-22-2010, 03:39 PM
kewl.

I'm still waiting for you to clearly state what the fuck you want Obama to do in regards to cleaning up the spill.

Well, for starters they could have let BP burn the oil off. Burn it 50 miles offshore and it never hits the beach/marshes. Couldn't have that air pollution and global warming though. Stupid assholes.

DMX7
06-22-2010, 03:40 PM
This is a victory for freedom!

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Well, for starters they could have let BP burn the oil off. Burn it 50 miles offshore and it never hits the beach/marshes. Couldn't have that air pollution and global warming though. Stupid assholes.
Yes, they were idiots for not allowing the burn. Did you expect anything better from them? please don't tell me you expect this administration to be responsible with decisions...

clambake
06-22-2010, 03:45 PM
burn off the oil lol.

DMX7
06-22-2010, 03:46 PM

Then they won't be able to collect and refine it, dumbshit.

CosmicCowboy
06-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Then they won't be able to collect and refine it, dumbshit.

Now THAT was a dumb post. The few hundred thousand barrels of oil they have recovered has already cost them 2 billion.

They wanted to burn the oil off and the administration stopped them.

Use dispersants instead.

No wait. Don't use dispersants.

No wait. Use dispersants but don't use a lot.

Oh Shit. The oils about to hit the beach.

We need some ass to kick!

Blake
06-22-2010, 03:59 PM

BP has already burned off 4.5 millions of gallons off the surface at this point.

how much oil do you think they should (have) let BP burn off? all of it?

DMX7
06-22-2010, 04:01 PM
Now THAT was a dumb post. The few hundred thousand barrels of oil they have recovered has already cost them 2 billion.

THAT was called sarcasm, Dr. Cowboy. :lol

CosmicCowboy
06-22-2010, 04:07 PM
BP has already burned off 4.5 millions of gallons off the surface at this point.

how much oil do you think they should (have) let BP burn off? all of it?

Hell yeah they should have let them burn it all off.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 04:14 PM

Yes it was a dumb post.

The cost of processing the seawater contaminated oil is immense after the recovery costs, but the best way to dispose of it. The extra pollution in the atmosphere would have been a one time thing, and dissipate.

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 04:19 PM

My bad. I forgot I could read minds. You clearly telepathically transported your oil spill clean-up thoughts to me. Fucking douchbag.

He needs to just get out of the way at this point.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7812-DC-SCOTUS-Examiner~y2010m6d18-Obama-Administration-blocks-cleanup-of-oil-spill-by-Louisiana-and-foreign-allies-by-using-red-tape?cid=exrss-DC-SCOTUS-Examiner

DMX7
06-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes it was a dumb post.

The extra pollution in the atmosphere would have been a one time thing, and dissipate.

You're way late to da party.

But I'm here to educate.

BP is refining the puny amount of oil collected and donating the proceeds to charity, the eco-nazis at the NFWF.

Stop talking like you know shit about any of this.

George Gervin's Afro
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
My bad. I forgot I could read minds. You clearly telepathically transported your oil spill clean-up thoughts to me. Fucking douchbag.

http://www.examiner.com/x-7812-DC-SCOTUS-Examiner~y2010m6d18-Obama-Administration-blocks-cleanup-of-oil-spill-by-Louisiana-and-foreign-allies-by-using-red-tape?cid=exrss-DC-SCOTUS-Examiner

I thought he was supposed to fix it. Do want him to fix it or not jack?

DMX7
06-22-2010, 04:30 PM
The cost of processing the seawater contaminated oil is immense after the recovery costs, but the best way to dispose of it.

Yeah, that and political pressure is probably the only thing stopping them from doing it.

Donating the captured oil (straight from the well) is the least they could do.

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I thought he was supposed to fix it. Do want him to fix it or not jack?

Another question.. Shocking. The metamorphosis into dump is nearly complete with this one.

He didn't fix it, dumbass. He was supposed to but he didn't. He needs to resign.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 04:49 PM
I would ask that he stop politicizing the disaster, step out of the way, and let the experts do their jobs. If he was smart, he would lift environmental roadblocks that are hampering some of the efforts.

DarrinS
06-22-2010, 05:19 PM

I hate parallels drawn between 9/11 and this accident.

By the way, you think anyone would've complained if there was a 6-month grounding of US flights after 9/11?

Why not just put a moratorium on BP offshore operations until all of their rigs have been inspected?

ElNono
06-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Judge who overturned drilling moratorium reported owning stock in drilling companies (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100622/ts_ynews/ynews_ts2771)

The federal judge who overturned Barack Obama's offshore drilling moratorium reported owning stock in numerous companies involved in the offshore oil industry — including Transocean, which leased the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig to BP prior to its April 20 explosion in the Gulf of Mexico — according to 2008 financial disclosure reports.
U.S. District Judge Martin Feldman issued a preliminary injunction today barring the enforcement of the president's proposed six-month moratorium on deepwater drilling, arguing that the ban is too broad.

According to Feldman's 2008 financial disclosure form, posted online by Judicial Watch [pdf], the judge owned stock in Transocean, as well as five other companies that are either directly or indirectly involved in the offshore drilling business.

It's not surprising that Feldman, who is a judge for the Eastern District of Louisiana, has invested in the offshore drilling business — an Associated Press investigation found earlier this month that more than half the federal judges in the districts affected by the BP spill have financial ties to the oil and gas industry.

The report discloses that in 2008, Judge Feldman held less than $15,000 worth of stock in Transocean, as well as similar amounts (federal rules only require that judges report a range of values ) in Hercules Offshore, ATP Oil and Gas, and Parker Drilling. All of those companies offer contract offshore drilling services and operate offshore rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Judge Feldman also owned between $15,000 and $50,000 in notes offered by Ocean Energy, Inc., a company that offers "concept design and manufacturing design of submersible drilling rigs," according to its website. None of the companies were direct parties to the lawsuit seeking to overturn the ban.

Judge Feldman did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

— John Cook is a senior national reporter/blogger for Yahoo! News.

ElNono
06-22-2010, 06:10 PM
A president can't do whatever he wants.

I wonder where jack was during the illegal NSA wiretaps.
Good to know he's a constitutionalist when the wind blows his way... :tu

LnGrrrR
06-22-2010, 06:43 PM

By the way, you think anyone would've complained if there was a 6-month grounding of US flights after 9/11?

It does bring up a good point though. I mean, let's say only United planes were hijacked for 9/11, does that mean the President shouldn't have authority to ground planes of other companies? I would argue there's more national security concerns at risk to justify a "ground all planes" scenario, but it's a difference in degree rather than kind. I think. :lol

Why not just put a moratorium on BP offshore operations until all of their rigs have been inspected?

This would seem to make sense, but I'm sure there's real world political ramifications that would destroy Obama if another accident occurred. It's mostly CYA for them. Especially since it seems the gov let BP play fast and loose with regulations.

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Judge who overturned drilling moratorium reported owning stock in drilling companies (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100622/ts_ynews/ynews_ts2771)

Whoop-t-do...

I actually opened the PDF file with those investments. They are a very small part of his portfolio. Anyone claiming it would have merit on his decision making has no integrity. He has a balanced portfolio, which will include oil companies.

Idiots.

EmptyMan
06-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Who doesn't have ties to the oil and gas industry. Those companies make a shit ton of money. The trick to investing is...

ChumpDumper
06-22-2010, 07:33 PM
So only 33 wells were shut down?

And they were exploratory?

I can see why this is such a big deal.

Blake
06-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Hell yeah they should have let them burn it all off.

Everything I've read says they've used the disperants because they are faster/more effective at containment....in conjunction with controlled burning.

I don't see anywhere where the EPA has stopped the burning and it's continuing right now as far as I can tell.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Whoever thinks they aren't burning oil from this leak is impressively ignorant.

Blake
06-22-2010, 07:41 PM

so first you were all over his nuts for not doing anything, now you want him to just get out of the way.

Your fucking bad that you can't make up your fucking douchebag mind.

Fucking douchebag.

Blake
06-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I would ask that he stop politicizing the disaster, step out of the way, and let the experts do their jobs.

who exactly are these experts and how has he gotten in their way?

ChumpDumper
06-22-2010, 07:46 PM
What do you think they are doing in this picture?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100622/i/ra2087065052.jpg?x=400&y=265&q=85&sig=Ogi82MH7kACWSWhL_vv.Mg--

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Gulf-Coast-Oil-Spill/ss/events/us/042110oilrigexplode#photoViewer=/100622/ids_photos_india_wl/ra2087065052.jpg

Blake
06-22-2010, 07:52 PM
What do you think they are doing in this picture?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100622/i/ra2087065052.jpg?x=400&y=265&q=85&sig=Ogi82MH7kACWSWhL_vv.Mg--

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Gulf-Coast-Oil-Spill/ss/events/us/042110oilrigexplode#photoViewer=/100622/ids_photos_india_wl/ra2087065052.jpg

it's clear to me that Obama is trying to put out the fires in that picture.

(bottom right)

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 08:48 PM
so first you were all over his nuts for not doing anything, now you want him to just get out of the way.

Your fucking bad that you can't make up your fucking douchebag mind.

Yes. You pretty much nailed it on the head. He should resign. He is useless as two tits on a billy goat.

LOL@ I am bad!!!!

jack sommerset
06-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Oh and fuck you douchbag

Wild Cobra
06-22-2010, 09:14 PM
So only 33 wells were shut down?

And they were exploratory?

I can see why this is such a big deal.
Jobs.

Don't we have enough unemployed already?

CosmicCowboy
06-22-2010, 11:23 PM

Whoever thinks they couldn't have burned a lot more is even more ignorant. The very act of using dispersants [to keep the oil from floating to the top of the water and having to admit there was a shitload of oil gushing out] precluded burning it off.

ChumpDumper
06-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Jobs.

Don't we have enough unemployed already?That's it? Do you know how many wells are operating in the Gulf?

Whoever thinks they couldn't have burned a lot more is even more ignorant. The very act of using dispersants [to keep the oil from floating to the top of the water and having to admit there was a shitload of oil gushing out] precluded burning it off.You can't burn oil once it has emulsified in the water and you can't burn it underwater. Pretending it is all on the surface ready to burn is the height of ignorance.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2010, 11:52 PM

We're talking about the guy who thinks that willfully submitting to something is a lack of due process.

MannyIsGod
06-22-2010, 11:56 PM

I hate when people post youtubes. I'm pretty sure neither of us care what the others hates, however.

I'm sure that people complained for the time they were grounded.

Because they're all too risky?

ChumpDumper
06-23-2010, 12:01 AM
This shutdown is pretty much the equivalent of grounding 50 flights a day in the US in 2001.

CosmicCowboy
06-23-2010, 12:23 AM
We're talking about the guy who thinks that willfully submitting to something is a lack of due process.

I love you Manny. No matter how bad my day may have been I can read a post from you and thank my lucky stars I'm not terminally stupid like you are.

Wild Cobra
06-23-2010, 12:26 AM
This shutdown is pretty much the equivalent of grounding 50 flights a day in the US in 2001.
It doesn't matter. It's not necessary.

Jacob1983
06-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Oil is evil.

Winehole23
06-23-2010, 02:34 AM

Use dispersants instead.

No wait. Don't use dispersants.

No wait. Use dispersants but don't use a lot.

Oh Shit. The oils about to hit the beach.

We need some ass to kick!You seem to know a little more about this than I do. I got the impression they already used a sh!tload of dispersants. Am I wrong about that?

Winehole23
06-23-2010, 02:36 AM
How much did they use so far, and what did they use?

Winehole23
06-23-2010, 02:45 AM
I love you Manny. No matter how bad my day may have been I can read a post from you and thank my lucky stars I'm not terminally stupid like you are.I think the terminal anger is more of a problem with Manny, but maybe Manny doesn't see it as a problem. He's not stupid. But his anger often makes his remarks unduly *unbalanced*.

Political trivialities inspire homicidal rage, but I guess this forum is a safety valve for the pressure.

Consider this: unless MIG is posting from prison, he probably rests content to wish death on his online adversaries (regularly) from afar instead of actually doing it. He keeps posting as if he were actually a free man....

Winehole23
06-23-2010, 02:47 AM
(That MIG so seldom breaks character merely reinforces the aesthetic integrity of the action.)

Winehole23
06-23-2010, 02:55 AM
But the flames emitted scorch the terrain between the adversaries -- the middle ground (where everyone lives) is burned and extinguished, and only super evil or *counteragents* of super evil are allowed to hold the microphone.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2010, 03:17 AM
It doesn't matter. It's not necessary.How do you personally know that?

Winehole23
06-23-2010, 05:55 AM
The moratorium came all too swiftly, indeed in a manner destined to arouse concerns that the reaction might have been more political than prudent, if it was empirically tenable at all.

DarrinS
06-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Because they're all too risky?

I guess the judge disagrees.

Blake
06-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Yes. You pretty much nailed it on the head. He should resign. He is useless as two tits on a billy goat.

What I nailed down is that you are a flip flopper in addition to being a giant fucking douchebag.

LOL@ I am bad!!!!

LMAO @ you thinking I meant "you're bad" when I actually said and meant "your bad"!!!!!!!

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
What I nailed down is that you are a flip flopper in addition to being a giant fucking douchebag.

LMAO @ you thinking I meant "you're bad" when I actually said and meant "your bad"!!!!!!!

He was suppose to fix, he did not, he needs to go. It's quit simple. You clearly don't know what a flip flopper is. Keep spewing, idiot.

I'm a bad boy!

clambake
06-23-2010, 10:28 AM
He was suppose to fix, he didn't not, he needs to go. It's quit simple. You clearly don't know what a flip flopper is. Keep spewing, idiot.

I'm a bad boy!

morning, retard.

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 10:30 AM
morning, retard.

Thanks.

Morning, fuckface.

clambake
06-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks.

Morning, fuckface.

tell us about the oil business, retard. :lol

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 10:37 AM
tell us about the oil business, retard. :lol

You tell us, fuckface. :lol

clambake
06-23-2010, 10:44 AM
if we drill baby drill, it will lower the cost of oil.....for retarded people...like me.

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 10:45 AM
:sleep

CYA, fuckface.

George Gervin's Afro
06-23-2010, 10:57 AM
He was suppose to fix, he did not, he needs to go. It's quit simple. You clearly don't know what a flip flopper is. Keep spewing, idiot.

I'm a bad boy!

how is he supposed to fix it? If you don't know how then keep your stupid mouth shut...

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 11:24 AM
how is he supposed to fix it? If you don't know how then keep your stupid mouth shut...

Calm down, dummy. It's been over time and time again. You don't like the answers.

In this case, you liked doing nothing better than doing something. I'm surprise you of all people support that decision. But you have proven to be a hypocrite a long time ago.

BP all along wanted to save the oil and Obama has done nothing but support them by doing nothing. Fuck the beaches, animals, jobs, tourism and the enviroment. According to you, it's just a mistake. A mistake like the general voting for Obama. Just a little bitty mistake, according to you.

We're working around his mistakes. The judge made it clear you can't ban drilling. Another mistake Obama made.

boutons_deux
06-23-2010, 11:24 AM
"As the BP well in the Gulf of Mexico continues to spew out ever more toxic oil and methane into the sea, and as floating toxic sludge, by the millions of gallons, starts destroying the wetlands across the American Southeast, the dead hand of President Ronald Reagan is at work, making sure nothing is done to prevent yet another such disaster from occurring.

The name of that dead hand is Martin Leach-Cross Feldman, a federal judge in Louisiana, a part of the notoriously right-wing Fifth Circuit.

Feldman, appointed to the federal bench by President Reagan and approved by the Republican-led Senate in 1983, has been a craven supporter of corporations over the public interest for years.

http://www.truth-out.org/the-dead-hand-ronald-reagan-rises-gulf60699?print

======

Somebody tell me again ANYTHING the court-packing, corporate-enriching/protecting Repugs and conservatives have done since 1980 that has advanced American civilization 1 millimeter?

George Gervin's Afro
06-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Calm down, dummy. It's been over time and time again. You don't like the answers.

In this case, you liked doing nothing better than doing something. I'm surprise you of all people support that decision. But you have proven to be a hypocrite a long time ago.

BP all along wanted to save the oil and Obama has done nothing but support them by doing nothing. Fuck the beaches, animals, jobs, tourism and the enviroment. According to you, it's just a mistake. A mistake like the general voting for Obama. Just a little bitty mistake, according to you.

We're working around his mistakes. The judge made it clear you can't ban drilling. Another mistake Obama made.

so there is nothing he can do about it but you're going to blame him anyway..typical for little minded jackie..

BP all along wanted to save the oil and Obama has done nothing but support them by doing nothing. :lmao

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 11:51 AM

George Gervin's Afro
06-23-2010, 11:53 AM
so there is nothing he can do about it but you're going to blame him anyway..typical for little minded jackie..

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 11:56 AM
BP has received 36,000 ideas on how to stop oil leak. Google them.

BlackSwordsMan
06-23-2010, 11:57 AM
obama sucks

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Dumbass, nothing according to you.

George Gervin's Afro
06-23-2010, 11:59 AM

Obama should be looking through all 36,000 right now... :lmao

Blake
06-23-2010, 12:01 PM
You clearly don't know what a flip flopper is. Keep spewing, idiot.

The flip flopper is you.

First you say he needs to fix it, just earlier this month. Now you say he should get out of the way.......still in the same month with a week left in it.

Where did you get your time frame that you think his time is now up?

What exactly would you do if you were POTUS that Obama hasn't done to fix the oil leak, other than wave the presidential hand and just have it fixed with a magic poof?

I'm a bad boy!

Your bad!

George Gervin's Afro
06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
The flip flopper is you.

What exactly would you do if you were POTUS that Obama hasn't done to fix the oil leak, other than wave the presidential hand and just have it fixed with a magic poof?

Your bad!

I'm still waiting to hear from jack how Obama could have stopped the oil.. he has put full blame on Obama for not stopping it so he must know something we don't..:sleep

Blake
06-23-2010, 12:05 PM

which of these 36,000 ideas do you think he should be using, but is not?

Blake
06-23-2010, 12:07 PM
We're working around his mistakes.

who is "we"?

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Obama should be looking through all 36,000 right ... :lmao

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you fucking idiot. Everyone of them. I say nuke it but that's just me. But YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Obama should roll up his sleeves and get to work. Stop golfing, having concerts, going to games, holding parties, etc and fix this problem. He does nothing! He has been down there twice. That's it. He has turned down 13 countries help. He continues to support BP's handling of the leak.

And you think he shouldn't! Holy fuck! Then you giggle about it. You are dumb, dude. Really fucking dumb.

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 12:13 PM
The flip flopper is you.

First you say he needs to fix it, just earlier this month. Now you say he should get out of the way.......still in the same month with a week left in it.

That's not a flip flopper. That's a realist.

ChumpDumper
06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
That's not a flip flopper. That's a realist.And now you just said he should fix it again.

You flipped again after the flop.

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
And now you just said he should fix it again.

You flipped again after the flop.

He isn't going to do shit. But for the petty fuck you are.....He should have rolled up the sleeves...............

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 12:19 PM
He isn't going to do shit. But for the petty fuck you are.....He should have rolled up his sleeves...............

Blake
06-23-2010, 12:19 PM
I say nuke it but that's just me.

wow, finally.

A senior Los Alamos scientist, speaking on the condition of anonymity because his comments were unauthorized, ridiculed the idea of using a nuclear blast to solve the crisis in the gulf.

“It’s not going to happen,” he said. “Technically, it would be exploring new ground in the midst of a disaster — and you might make it worse.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/03/us/03nuke.html

I'm glad it's not you.

Any other ideas from the 36,000?

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 12:22 PM
lol@ speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Lots of peeps support nuking. Google the positive or atleast someone who will go on record.

George Gervin's Afro
06-23-2010, 12:23 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes you fucking idiot. Everyone of them. I say nuke it but that's just me. But YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Obama should roll up his sleeves and get to work. Stop golfing, having concerts, going to games, holding parties, etc and fix this problem. He does nothing! He has been down there twice. That's it. He has turned down 13 countries help. He continues to support BP's handling of the leak.

And you think he shouldn't! Holy fuck! Then you giggle about it. You are dumb, dude. Really fucking dumb.

So in your mind he should be in his office going through his emails... but you want him doing something..:lmao

Wild Cobra
06-23-2010, 12:29 PM
I think nuking it will be the final solution myself. the dynamics of fixing a leak so deep are hard for me to wrap my head around, so I'll bet the true nature is incomprehensible to most people.

The differential pressure between the oil reservoir and sea floor exceed 1000 PSI and may be up to 4000 PSI easily.

Blake
06-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Lots of peeps support nuking. Google the positive or atleast someone who will go on record.

The US Energy Department called it "crazy".

Aside from it actually going against the arms treaties the US has signed, what expert out there is saying that the nuclear option is the absolute way to go?

George Gervin's Afro
06-23-2010, 12:42 PM

Aside from it actually going against the arms treaties the US has signed, what expert out there is saying that the nuclear option is the absolute way to go?

he's making it up... as usual.

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 12:44 PM

Google it. I'm outta here.

jack sommerset
06-23-2010, 12:44 PM
One man's mouth is another man's vagina,,,tehehehehe

clambake
06-23-2010, 12:46 PM

don't leave. your knowledge about the oil industry is fascinating. lol

ChumpDumper
06-23-2010, 12:51 PM
He isn't going to do shit. But for the petty fuck you are.....He should have rolled up the sleeves...............No you said he should do that now.

After saying he should get out of the way.

After saying he should roll up his sleeves.

Flip.

Flop.

Flip..

Blake
06-23-2010, 12:57 PM

I did. Matt Simmons, founder of energy investment bank Simmons and Co. is the only guy I could find.

I'm not sure exactly how he is supposed to be a nuclear bomb expert. Do you?

Is there any other expert you know of?

LnGrrrR
06-23-2010, 03:31 PM
No you said he should do that now.

After saying he should get out of the way.

After saying he should roll up his sleeves.

Flip.

Flop.

Flip..

He meant that he should roll up his sleeves while getting out of the way?