PDA

View Full Version : Bynum to have knee surgery next month/Odom may also

duncan228
06-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Lakers C Bynum to have knee surgery next month (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakersfuture)
By Greg Beacham

Los Angeles Lakers center Andrew Bynum’s injured right knee has been drained for the third time in recent weeks, and the two-time NBA champion will have surgery next month.

Bynum said Tuesday he’s headed to the World Cup in South Africa before undergoing surgery around July 18 to repair a partially torn meniscus in his knee. Recovery time is short for the surgery, and Bynum should be at full strength for training camp this fall.

The Lakers gathered at their training complex for exit interviews one day after the victory parade celebrating their seven-game win over the Boston Celtics in the NBA finals last week.

Forward Lamar Odom also said he might have surgery on his sore left shoulder.

IronMexican
06-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Hopefully Drew recovers. Odom is whtaver at this point.

Kamala
06-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Bynum will be a Spur in 5 years.

The Gemini Method
06-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Farmar, after his exit interview, stated that he'll most likely be leaving the Lakers and tweeted that he would like to find a place where he can start and take up the majority of the minutes at the PG spot.

BadOdor
06-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Farmar, after his exit interview, stated that he'll most likely be leaving the Lakers and tweeted that he would like to find a place where he can start and take up the majority of the minutes at the PG spot.

Europe.

duhoh
06-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Europe.

:lol

only place where he can afford to make dumb decisions during garbage time.

DeadlyDynasty
06-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Bynum will be a Spur in 5 years.

Who does Detroit get in the deal?

baseline bum
06-22-2010, 05:15 PM

UCLA could sure use him back.

The Gemini Method
06-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Europe.

UCLA could sure use him back.

True.

Either way, I wish him well wherever he plans on playing...

IronMexican
06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Hope he sucks for the rest of his life. Never being able to get off the bench.

The Gemini Method
06-22-2010, 05:46 PM
Hope he sucks for the rest of his life. Never being able to get off the bench.

Not his fault he couldn't get out of his ears' way...or eclipse the wonderment that is Derek Fisher.

duncan228
06-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Updated.

Lakers C Bynum to have knee surgery next month (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-lakersfuture)
By Greg Beacham

Andrew Bynum survived the playoffs on his injured right knee, so the Los Angeles Lakers center is taking a few extra weeks to celebrate their title before getting the problem fixed for good.

Bynum’s knee was drained Tuesday for the third time in recent weeks, and the 7-footer will have surgery next month to repair a partially torn ligament.

But with the Lakers’ blessing, Bynum is headed to the World Cup in South Africa before undergoing surgery around July 18. Recovery time is short for the surgery, and Bynum should be at full strength for training camp this fall.

“It’s not the most serious (injury),” Bynum said after his exit interview with the Lakers brass. “I’m going to get it taken care of, and then everything is supposed to be cool.”

One day after a victory parade celebrating their second straight championship, most of the Lakers gathered at their training complex. Kobe Bryant and Derek Fisher will depart for the summer Wednesday, when coach Phil Jackson also might reveal his plans for next season.

Although Bynum has been dogged by various injuries throughout his career, he decided to postpone surgery when his torn meniscus was discovered during the first-round series against Oklahoma City. Although he felt strong in some games and pained in others, he gritted his way through all 23, averaging 8.6 points and 6.9 rebounds while earning his teammates’ respect.

Forward Pau Gasol called Bynum’s tenacity “remarkable. He gave his best. He sacrificed himself in order to help the team and have a better chance to win the championship.”

At least a few players likely visited the complex for the final time as Lakers—and not just Adam Morrison, the former No. 3 draft pick who became the Lakers’ best-paid practice player since arriving from Charlotte in early 2009.

While Morrison realizes the Lakers are highly unlikely to re-sign him after barely playing this season, other Los Angeles regulars might strike out to capitalize on their successful season.

Point guard Jordan Farmar all but confirmed he’ll leave the Lakers to seek a starting job elsewhere, saying he’s determined to take a major role for an NBA club after being a backup in his native Los Angeles. After four years, he also doesn’t feel he fits very well in the triangle offense.

“It’s definitely a struggle for me, because my role hasn’t expanded much in four years,” said Farmar, a former UCLA star. “That was the plan every year, to get me more (action), but it hasn’t happened. I’ve been a really key part of this run, but I’m used to having the ball in my hands … and (being a backup) is not what I’ve done my whole life. It’s been a bit of a battle.”

Guard Shannon Brown said he hasn’t decided whether to opt out of a contract that would pay him $2.21 million next year. After emerging as a dependable backup this season, the high-flying dunker wants to show more of his complete game next season—but he doesn’t share Farmar’s determination to do it at any cost.

“I just want to be somewhat secure in some sense,” said Brown, who averaged 8.1 points in the regular season before his minutes dipped in the playoffs. “I would love to stay in L.A. and play for the Lakers. That’s no question. I said the other day, I don’t know why anyone would break up a championship team, and that’s what we are, two times in a row. … I hope (to return). I don’t want to go nowhere.”

Bryant and Sasha Vujacic are the Lakers’ only guards under contract for next season. After sinking the final two free throws in the Lakers’ Game 7 victory, the Slovenian guard hopes to continue his growth next year, perhaps playing more at point guard—after a trip to Wimbledon to watch his girlfriend, Maria Sharapova.

“I love it,” Vujacic said of playing point guard. “It’s a big responsibility. (Jackson) was testing me, putting me out there not only this year but years before.

“I used to play point guard in Europe.”

Other Lakers are simply grateful the season is finally over. Forward Lamar Odom said he might have surgery on his sore left shoulder, but he’ll first head to Mexico for a two-week vacation with his wife, Khloe Kardashian.

“I got married in front of the reality world and came to training camp the next day,” Odom said with a sigh. “I’ll fall asleep right now. Right on this chair.”

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2011, 04:44 PM

kamikazi_player
01-13-2011, 04:45 PM
lmao good bump..fooled me.

tlongII
01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
:lol

IronMexican
01-13-2011, 04:47 PM
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

Future NBA hall of famer.

Giuseppe
01-13-2011, 04:50 PM
At least I can have a BM now. I was so constipated.

jjktkk
01-13-2011, 04:52 PM
At least I can have a BM now. I was so constipated.

Guiseppe full of shit. Who knew?

Brazil
01-13-2011, 05:04 PM

karma is a bitch Harlem Andrew is taking mental notes

nkdlunch
01-13-2011, 05:05 PM
this is so beleivable because it's so damn possible.

It's like the big earthquake in Cali. It's bound to happen in a few years, but in Bynum's case, years are months.

Giuseppe
01-13-2011, 05:07 PM
this is so beleivable because it's so damn possible.

It's like the big earthquake in Cali. It's bound to happen in a few years, but in Bynum's case, years are months.

Though much too late for Howard, Perkins, and Duncan.

tee, hee.

Venti Quattro
01-13-2011, 11:40 PM
FUCK YOU FOR BUMPING THIS THREAD

I thought Bynum was injured again :cry :cry :cry :cry

01-14-2011, 12:01 AM
lmao

Dex
01-14-2011, 12:05 AM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm199/emobb12/rock_reaction-1.gif

Banzai
01-14-2011, 12:30 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/31/cenagif.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=5263) + http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/20/281160490921c2b1c98f9cb8914c43db61226fe1.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4469)

BoricuaCJA
01-14-2011, 12:35 AM
Ha ha, great bump. I actually thought it happened.

HarlemHeat37
01-14-2011, 12:36 AM
In all honesty, I'm just preparing everybody for the inevitable..

Spurs rock
01-14-2011, 12:44 AM
lol.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-14-2011, 01:27 AM
:lol :lol :lol

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 02:46 AM
Well, that was fun for 30 seconds.