PDA

View Full Version : What if the Lakers lost Game 7?

DazedAndConfused
06-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Can you imagine how much fuel the haters would have? Enough to last a lifetime.

mavsfan1000
06-22-2010, 08:48 PM
Yeah it would've been great. :depressed

EJFischer
06-22-2010, 08:54 PM
What if the night sky was made of vaccinations and blowjobs?

djohn2oo8
06-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Can you imagine how much fuel the haters would have? Enough to last a lifetime.

What if you had a life?

Giuseppe
06-22-2010, 09:02 PM
It would have been incredible.

The Princess would've closed this Board down by now, probably by last Friday night.

I still wake up in the middle of night (naked)--I quickly recall who won, and then Cubby goes ta smilin' like a motherf'er. I jump off the couch, come in here, bust a couple balls, shake the dew off the lilly pad, hop back on the couch and watch my Three Stooges DVD Collection. It do not get better than this.

It just do not.

Spursfan092120
06-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Are you that insecure, that you have to throw out "What if" scenarios about losing? Dude..you won..shut the fuck up and enjoy it.

Ashy Larry
06-22-2010, 09:06 PM
around Staples, Celtic fans would have been beaten to death. Boston wouldn't have been on graveyard status and basketball forums all over the world would have been shut down completely.

Giuseppe
06-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Are you that insecure, that you have to throw out "What if" scenarios about losing? Dude..you won..shut the fuck up and enjoy it.

I am. I love playing that "What if" scenario, but, only when we've won. I never play it when we've lost. Too painful.

Grand thread, Dazed. You & Cobby have been our Lakers Bros. stalwarts since Vuj dropped the hammer.

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 09:10 PM
What if you had a life?
:lmao

easy7
06-22-2010, 09:29 PM
What if the lakers won 50 straight championships, at what point do you stop watching?

Giuseppe
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
What if the lakers won 50 straight championships, at what point do you stop watching?

When I'm 105.

LnGrrrR
06-22-2010, 09:38 PM
I am. I love playing that "What if" scenario, but, only when we've won. I never play it when we've lost. Too painful.

Grand thread, Dazed. You & Cobby have been our Lakers Bros. stalwarts since Vuj dropped the hammer.

Hm, I only play the "What If" game when my team loses. i can't tell you how much Asante Samuel's easy dropped int in the SB against the Giants tormented me.

easy7
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
When I'm 105.

So you are 55 now...Can't drive 55.

Giuseppe
06-22-2010, 09:41 PM
No, 57, but 2 straight are already in the can.

j.dizzle
06-22-2010, 09:43 PM
Hm, I only play the "What If" game when my team loses. i can't tell you how much Asante Samuel's easy dropped int in the SB against the Giants tormented me.
Or how Eli threw the ball into the sky not knowing to whom & some one game wonder scrub named Tyree caught the ball against his helmet. :lol
http://blogs.targetx.com/snhu/EmilyWhite/tyree%20crazy%20catch.jpg

LnGrrrR
06-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Or how Eli threw the ball into the sky not knowing to whom & some one game wonder scrub named Tyree caught the ball against his helmet. :lol
http://blogs.targetx.com/snhu/EmilyWhite/tyree%20crazy%20catch.jpg

Honestly, I don't count that. That was a magnificently lucky/skillful play, but those plays are what make sports great. I didn't hate on the Giants for winning, they outplayed our offensive line which looked like crap. But Asante dropping that INT pissed me off.

j.dizzle
06-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Honestly, I don't count that. That was a magnificently lucky/skillful play, but those plays are what make sports great. I didn't hate on the Giants for winning, they outplayed our offensive line which looked like crap. But Asante dropping that INT pissed me off.
That was one of the most fluke passes/catches Ive ever seen. Yea the O-line basically watched Brady get beat up & that easy INT must have pissed you guys off like crazy. That was an intense game.

cobbler
06-22-2010, 10:44 PM

I love how when the shoe is on the other foot and terms like "you won" are used, nothing is said. Yet when we say "we won", the multitude of "you dont play for the team" & "show us your ring" posts flow.

Smooth Criminal
06-22-2010, 10:49 PM
What if the night sky was made of vaccinations and blowjobs?
Then I most def wouldn't go to bed so early and wake up so late :)

Giuseppe
06-22-2010, 10:53 PM
I love how when the shoe is on the other foot and terms like "you won" are used, nothing is said. Yet when we say "we won", the multitude of "you dont play for the team" & "show us your ring" posts flow.

- "awwwwwwwww right between the eyes!!!!!!!"

- Kevin Harlin - TnT

Spursfan092120
06-22-2010, 10:54 PM
I don't say that. I believe the fans are a part of the team..always have, always will.

cobbler
06-22-2010, 10:55 PM
I don't say that. I believe the fans are a part of the team..always have, always will.

Then you sir are exempt! :toast

Giuseppe
06-22-2010, 11:01 PM
GD, Cobby, I thought you had that fucker dead to rights.

First loss since last Thursday nite. SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cobbler
06-22-2010, 11:16 PM
GD, Cobby, I thought you had that fucker dead to rights.

First loss since last Thursday nite. SOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't keep up with em all Cully. He's the 1% that doesn't get butthurt about "OUR" 16. :wow

06-22-2010, 11:17 PM
it's called 2008.

Giuseppe
06-22-2010, 11:25 PM
I can't keep up with em all Cully. He's the 1% that doesn't get butthurt about "OUR" 16. :wow

:lol Yep.

z0sa
06-22-2010, 11:25 PM

I don't have a problem with it, either. The majority who do have a problem with it are fans of ring-less teams, unsurprisingly. Those guys seem unaware that many people pay thousands for tickets, or sometimes even an entire city's tax dollars are used to fund certain portions of the team budget. It makes perfect sense we get to claim the rings in the name of the team.

Now, I don't mean you can claim you did anything on the court, besides get loud outside of it. That's just stupid. Or acting like because your team won, you accomplished something extraordinary. A little perspective goes a long ways.

Andrew Bynum
06-22-2010, 11:28 PM
Talent is luck, the important thing in life is courage.

cobbler
06-22-2010, 11:29 PM
I don't have a problem with it, either. The majority who do have a problem with it are fans of ring-less teams, unsurprisingly. Those guys seem unaware that many people pay thousands for tickets, or that an entire city's tax dollars are used to fund certain portions of the team budget. It makes perfect sense we get to claim the rings in the name of the team.

Now, I don't mean you can claim you did anything on the court, besides get loud outside of it. That's just stupid. Or acting like because your team won, you accomplished something extraordinary. A little perspective goes a long ways.

I have always felt my season tix $$ have a direct impact on the bottom line. Not to mention the HCA aspects of just being a fan. It's a natural reaction for a fan to "associate" themselves with the team and community. I know it gets argued here a lot... but ill never back down from that stance.

Venti Quattro
06-22-2010, 11:31 PM
I'd probably won't show up for my friends in 2 weeks because all of them are Laker-haters. They hitch hike any imaginable bandwagon that are going up against the Lakers.

They'd probably hump camels if those camels were against the Lakers.

I keep wondering how those fucks are still my friends.

The Franchise
06-22-2010, 11:56 PM
There would be only one or two LA fans left to shit on so the fire would've died out quickly.

HarlemHeat37
06-23-2010, 12:01 AM
LOL @ insecure Laker fan..your team won the title, why are you imagining this hypothetical situation in which your team loses?..also, why did you quit on your team during the OKC series?..

Smooth Criminal
06-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Talent is luck, the important thing in life is courage.
Which you had in abundance these finals Drew:toast
Respect

Jacob1983
06-23-2010, 01:33 AM
Laker fans should not be talking about what if scenarios. Your team's title this year was a gift handwrapped by Stern and his dirty refs. Enjoy the gift. No one likes a sore winner.

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 03:29 AM
LOL @ insecure Laker fan..your team won the title, why are you imagining this hypothetical situation in which your team loses?

Shits/giggles.

silverblk mystix
06-23-2010, 08:57 AM
if the lakers had lost...

scott foster would be broke right now or be in so much debt to the mob that he might of ended up swimming with the fishes---as they like to say

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 08:58 AM
I smell skunk.

DeadlyDynasty
06-23-2010, 10:06 AM
What if Horry's three went down in game 5 of 2003 WCSF?
What if Malone was full strength against Detriot in the '04 finals?
What if Tim Thomas bricked that 3 in 2006?
What if LA didn't blow a 24-point lead at home in 2008 Finals?

gotta take the good with the bad, and as a Laker fan we've had plenty of good.

ambchang
06-23-2010, 10:17 AM
What if the league wasn't so blatantly biased?

DeadlyDynasty
06-23-2010, 10:21 AM
What if the league wasn't so blatantly biased?

What if the conspiracy theorists weren't petulant little children who cry foul yet continue to watch the NBA?

Leetonidas
06-23-2010, 10:34 AM
No, 57, but 2 straight are already in the can.

That's just disturbing. I don't know if I want to converse with you anymore.

ambchang
06-23-2010, 12:18 PM
What if the conspiracy theorists weren't petulant little children who cry foul yet continue to watch the NBA?

What if Laker fans can understand the difference between biased and rigged?

What if Laker fans can understand that a commish stating/joking that his dream finals are the Lakers vs. the Lakers is a clear demonstration of bias?

What if Laker fans can understand that people can still love the sport without agreeing with what the NBA does?

DeadlyDynasty
06-23-2010, 12:45 PM
What if Laker fans can understand the difference between biased and rigged?

What if Laker fans can understand that a commish stating/joking that his dream finals are the Lakers vs. the Lakers is a clear demonstration of bias?

What if Laker fans can understand that people can still love the sport without agreeing with what the NBA does?

What if Spurs fans didn't have an inferiority complex when it came to the Lakers/Laker fans?

ambchang
06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
What if Spurs fans didn't have an inferiority complex when it came to the Lakers/Laker fans?

What if Laker fans don't jump off on irrelevant tangents when it has been shown that s/he has clearly misread/misinterpreted previous comments?

IronMexican
06-23-2010, 12:52 PM
:lol

Props to DaC for getting the whole board butthurt.

TheManFromAcme
06-23-2010, 12:54 PM
$$ says that 90% of the conspiracy shmucks in here will be here at this site, in this forum 5 months from now rooting against the Lakers all over again hence proving once and for all that they don't even buy their own crap when it comes to this stupid "Stern loves the Lakers" fallacy. Make up your minds dummies.

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 01:22 PM
That's just disturbing. I don't know if I want to converse with you anymore.

Shit, Lee, you couldn't walk away from me for money, marbles, nor chalk.

ambchang
06-23-2010, 01:30 PM
$$ says that 90% of the conspiracy shmucks in here will be here at this site, in this forum 5 months from now rooting against the Lakers all over again hence proving once and for all that they don't even buy their own crap when it comes to this stupid "Stern loves the Lakers" fallacy. Make up your minds dummies.

How does that not prove it?

TheManFromAcme
06-23-2010, 01:36 PM
How does that not prove it?

How do you continue watching a sport you insist is rigged? (insisting based on the Lakers-Celts series).

How many "I am done" threads have there been in here?
I was just commenting that those that have said that or started threads like that will be here 5 months from now rooting against a team that they insist gets favorable affection from the league. Obviously they are drawn to it.

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 01:55 PM
:lmao Amb finally showin' nie on a week after we rang.

tee, hee.

ambchang
06-23-2010, 02:20 PM
How do you continue watching a sport you insist is rigged? (insisting based on the Lakers-Celts series).

How many "I am done" threads have there been in here?
I was just commenting that those that have said that or started threads like that will be here 5 months from now rooting against a team that they insist gets favorable affection from the league. Obviously they are drawn to it.

First off, I never said rigged, I said biased.

Second, I will still love basketball, even if it was rigged. Too many people concentrate on the final results of what happens to a team, I just happen to enjoy the way athletes perform acrobatic feats that I can't dream of making. I enjoy watching the way the players defend, the strategy and such. Whether the league has a vested interest in the outcome of each game, or the season as a whole wouldn't change that.

37-17 FT advantage in a Finals Game 7 wouldn't change that.

The Lakers shooting 21 FTA in the 4th quarter won't change that.

The Lakers scoring 16 of the 30 points in a "comeback" victory in the 4th quarter of a Game 7 wouldn't change that.

Yes, it was extremely frustrating watching a game like that, knowing full well that the Game 7 was, at best, a horribly officiated game, for some strange reason, once again favoured the Lakers, but I still enjoyed watching the sport I love.

On the other hand, I have found myself not as attached to teams and their success since about 2006, because of the obviously horrible officiating (yes, that includes the 2007)

ambchang
06-23-2010, 02:21 PM
:lmao Amb finally showin' nie on a week after we rang.

tee, hee.

:lmao Cully not knowing that summer is a time to take vacation and enjoy life.

BTW, great job on your 16th championship.