PDA

View Full Version : Debunked: Knicks Insider Source (Maybe) Claims Parker Deal in Works

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 09:16 PM
Take this with a big ole grain of salt but a Knicks fan who says he has inside sources claims a trade could be in the works for one Tony Parker. Since I don’t wanna get my hands dirty with this I’ll let my buddy the block quotes pull the trigger:

This is what I am hearing:

Spurs: EC, TD, and the clippers 8th
Clippers: Wilson Chandler
Knicks: Tony Parker

We get a championship PG veteran who is only 28 along with additional cap relief. Make it happen Donnie!

Read on (http://airalamo.com/2010/06/22/knicks-fan-claims-parker-trade-in-the-works/)

Ditty
06-22-2010, 09:19 PM
who's ec? eddy curry

td? tony douglas

tdunk21
06-22-2010, 09:20 PM
omg td and clippers 8th is fine but eddy curry?

DPG21920
06-22-2010, 09:20 PM
How on Earth does this make sense for the Spurs? 8th pick, Curry and Douglas for TP.

l

o

l

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 09:21 PM
who's ec? eddy curry

td? tony douglas

Yep and yep. My knicks fan buddy says Douglas is actually a very good young player. Not sure how I'd feel about a Douglas/Hill backcourt.

DPG21920
06-22-2010, 09:22 PM
This makes even less sense for the Clippers than the Spurs. Knick fan dreaming big.

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 09:23 PM
omg td and clippers 8th is fine but eddy curry?

If the Knicks want to get any player making $$$ they'll have to include Curry because he's the only one on their current roster making any significant money. You'd think they would want to include a third team for that specific reason because almost no one will want to take Curry on. He's basically ONLY an expiring contract.

tdunk21
replace eddy curry with david lee......and i can see the spurs FO getting it done

Shastafarian
This makes even less sense for the Clippers than the Spurs. Knick fan dreaming big.

Supposedly the guy has legit sources. He posted about the TMac deal several days before it happened. Thought it was worth posting though I don't see it, as it is, coming to fruition.

mingus
WHAT THE FUCK.

if this was 2005 or 2007 and Duncan was still an elite player, fine... maybe i can see it happening. but you don't trade away your best player for supporting cast guys. Parker isn't going anywhere. w/o Parker this team isn't contending for shit.

DPG21920
06-22-2010, 09:24 PM
I would not even want this with David Lee. He is overrated and does nothing to help the Spurs significantly imo.

timvp
06-22-2010, 09:24 PM
How on Earth does this make sense for the Spurs? 8th pick, Curry and Douglas for TP.

l

o

l

Not to mention Chandler for the eigth overall pick in the draft.

That's bad even for a make believe rumor.

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 09:25 PM
Not to mention Chandler for the eigth overall pick in the draft.

That's bad even for a make believe rumor.

Exactly what I asked the knicks fan. Waiting on a reply.

Dunc n Dave
06-22-2010, 09:26 PM

l

o

l

Curry is an expiring $12 million deal next summer. Along with Jefferson's $15 million, it puts the Spurs in the running to "hypothetically" sign a big name guy next summer after all the contenders blow their wads this summer. In the meantime, he's a post scorer to spell TD, but doesn't help with the rebounding and shot blocking we need. Douglas would be a nich back up for George Hill.

I'm not advocating this trade; just trying to figure out what the Spurs might be thinking if indeed this trade is "in the works." There must be a guy the Spurs REALLY want in the Top 10 picks this year.

DPG21920
06-22-2010, 09:28 PM
I am not dogging you for posting it, I just don't see this as a legit deal for 2 of the 3 teams. The Clippers are getting screwed big time. Wilson Chandler for the 8th pick?

I like Douglas. The 8th pick seems great. But Curry? TP is a fantastic player and the Spurs should get more if they really wanted to move him. There are some other deals, with teams with picks 10-18 that seem infinitely better in theory.

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 09:30 PM
I think a S&T of Lee would be more what the Spurs would want but it would depend on Lee wanting to be in SA. Not sure he wants that after being in D'Antoni's system. The part that confuses me is the Clips only getting Chandler. Hopefully this guy will talk to his "friend" and get more info about it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-22-2010, 09:30 PM
There is absolutely no fucking way the Spurs FO would trade for Eddy Curry.

FAIL.

L.I.T
06-22-2010, 09:34 PM
I have no idea why the Clippers would do that.

At all. Could be a fan just overrating their players.

If I remember correctly, a while ago (like months) there was a rumor that the Spurs were interested in Eddy Curry. That may be the source of this.

DPG21920
06-22-2010, 09:36 PM
I think a S&T of Lee would be more what the Spurs would want but it would depend on Lee wanting to be in SA. Not sure he wants that after being in D'Antoni's system. The part that confuses me is the Clips only getting Chandler. Hopefully this guy will talk to his "friend" and get more info about it.

Why Lee? What does he bring to the table that the Spurs need? He is a glorified Blair and addresses no needs.

I like Lee. I think he is a fine player, but I don't see him bringing much to the Spurs (as we are currently constructed).

slick'81
06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
for tony fucking weak ec for anyone=shit

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Why Lee? What does he bring to the table that the Spurs need? He is a glorified Blair and addresses no needs.

I like Lee. I think he is a fine player, but I don't see him bringing much to the Spurs (as we are currently constructed).

I'm saying if that's the framework of the deal, the Spurs would rather have Lee (to make the salaries match) than Curry. Not that they really want to get Lee.

tav1
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
I can't see this at all. If anything, you'd think the Clippers would simply trade out of the draft to save money in advance of free agency. And the Spurs would need more talent back for Parker. Curry+Chandler+Walker+the 8th pick might make San Antonio think, but it doesn't seem right and why would L.A. participate?

Chieflion
06-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Maybe if we swing Eddy Curry to Philly for Iggy. Yeah, right.

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 09:40 PM
Maybe we could pawn Jefferson off on the Clips :lol

Mikesatx
06-22-2010, 09:41 PM
If this is the best we can do trading Tony than I'll take Tony.

cd98
06-22-2010, 09:44 PM
This trade is retarted. Only a homer Knick fan could believe it could trade it's absolute trash for an all star.

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Yep and yep. My knicks fan buddy says Douglas is actually a very good young player. Not sure how I'd feel about a Douglas/Hill backcourt.

thats what they t old us when they gave us jack butler :(

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
thats what they t old us when they gave us jack butler :(

Touché

dbestpro
06-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Curry is an expiring $12 million deal next summer. Along with Jefferson's $15 million, it puts the Spurs in the running to "hypothetically" sign a big name guy next summer after all the contenders blow their wads this summer. .

Yeah, they could sign a big time free agent like Parker.................Wait a minute.

:wow

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2010, 09:49 PM
I think a S&T of Lee would be more what the Spurs would want but it would depend on Lee wanting to be in SA.

Why would the Spurs want to spend an extra 10-12 million dollars a year on another front-court player, when Splitter is pretty much coming over here for less than half that price?

With Splitter the front-court is pretty much set with Duncan/Splitter/McDyess and Blair. The value of his 10-12 million dollar contract on the Spurs would be one of the worst with the minutes available in the front-court.

Now if we were talking about Bosh or an elite big man, where the drop-off in talent is more significant then I'd think it would be worth it.

But IMO David Lee is not an elite big man and I don't think the drop-off in talent between Splitter and Lee is significant enough to warrant a 10-12 million salary addition to the already set front-court(if Splitter comes over) .

Don't get me wrong Lee had a great year last year, but IMO Lee's numbers were inflated with the system he was in. Those numbers and his productivity wouldn't be anywhere near the same in the Spurs system.

IMO It's pretty dumb basketball economics to make a move for Lee with Splitter coming over.

The Btown Spur
06-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Why would the clippers do this? Then again it is the Clippers

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Everybody in NY has "sources", especially Knicks fans..I mean, it might happen, but I highly doubt it, unless the Spurs have another deal in place..this would be a horrible deal, especially if Wilson Chandler wasn't involved for the Spurs..

Douglas is alright, but just like other Knicks prospects, he gets too much hype and becomes overrated..

Acquiring Curry wouldn't make any sense..he's an expiring like Parker, he has a trade kicker, and he's absolutely useless on the court..

SenorSpur
06-22-2010, 10:00 PM
The Spurs have already gone the route of swiping a young, lazy, underachieving center from the Knicks (Jackie Butler a few years ago). Do you really think they're stupid enough to make the same mistake again?

TDMVPDPOY
06-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Why would the clippers do this? Then again it is the Clippers

we doont need NY involve

clippers could give us a good deal + 8th pick for tony + filler + eva

Chieflion
06-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Everybody in NY has "sources", especially Knicks fans..I mean, it might happen, but I highly doubt it, unless the Spurs have another deal in place..this would be a horrible deal, especially if Wilson Chandler wasn't involved for the Spurs..

Douglas is alright, but just like other Knicks prospects, he gets too much hype and becomes overrated..

Acquiring Curry wouldn't make any sense..he's an expiring like Parker, he has a trade kicker, and he's absolutely useless on the court..

Eddy Curry is not useless on the court. When the Spurs face the Lakers with Eddy Curry, he can lay waste on Andrew Bynum's knees and Pau Gasol's hamstring with his ridiculous weight.

The Btown Spur
06-22-2010, 10:11 PM
I wouldnt trade a washing machine for curry

Chieflion
06-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Stephen A. Smith: I would trade Eddy Curry for a bag of cheez doodles. That would be a bargain. I have my cheez doddles right here. I eat them when I am stressed.

cd98
06-22-2010, 10:17 PM
The reality is that we are not trading down. If we pick 20th then all is right in the Spurs universe. It shows they'll sign Tiago. It shows they still believe in their core. And it show that whoever they pick at 20 is worth the risk of a guaranteed contract.

TIMMYD!
06-22-2010, 10:24 PM
What. The. Fuck.

Shitty trade idea. No way the Spurs or Clippers FO decide to do this.

Vic Petro
06-22-2010, 10:30 PM
I would caution against using logic when trying to predict what the Clippers FO will do.

This trade sucks.

4>0rings
06-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Spurs FO can't possibly be this dumb.

EricB
06-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Sadly, this is the kind of trade this FO MIGHT do.

I hope not, but it runs with their past. I don't understand the Eddy Curry love, he's a tradeable asset, so freaking what?!

baseline bum
06-22-2010, 10:37 PM
I never thought I'd hear a Parker rumor worse than the shitty Indiana deal (Tony Parker for fucking Ed Davis? :lmao).

ElNono
06-22-2010, 10:38 PM
The thought of Eddy Curry eating tacos in San Antonio is really disgusting... please make it stop!

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 10:43 PM
The bright side is we don't have to wait long for any part of this rumor to be confirmed or debunked.

beachwood
06-22-2010, 10:58 PM
This trade doesn't seem very good, but then again, we pretty much traded Scola for Jackie Butler didn't we? Anything can happen.

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
This trade doesn't seem very good, but then again, we pretty much traded Scola for Jackie Butler didn't we? Anything can happen.

That's the big thing here. Fans may hate Curry and they have every reason to. But there's no telling what the front office thinks. The only thing that makes this trade really suspect is the Clippers only getting Chandler.

06-22-2010, 11:02 PM
:lmao eddy curry

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Looks like that one Knicks fan was full of shit. Like...overflowing.

June 22, 2010 at 10:17 pm (Edit)

Please search for tweets by @RyanTrapasso (myself) and @JonKnicksFan from earlier today. It is very likely (but not 100% of course) that this person is just taking this and making it their own. It was a COMPLETE HYPOTHETICAL.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan says:
June 22, 2010 at 10:30 pm (Edit)

My mistake; it was from yesterday:

JonKnicksFan: @RyanTrapasso For instance, it’d have to be like, Curry, 8 and Douglas to the Spurs, Wil to the Clippers, Parker to the Knicks.
10:13 PM Jun 21st via TweetDeck in reply to RyanTrapasso

Ryan says:
June 22, 2010 at 10:45 pm (Edit)

Just don’t want y’all getting excited for nothing. Could be true but doubting it.

http://twitter.com/RyanTrapasso

Chieflion
06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Looks like that one Knicks fan was full of shit. Like...overflowing.

June 22, 2010 at 10:17 pm (Edit)

Please search for tweets by @RyanTrapasso (myself) and @JonKnicksFan from earlier today. It is very likely (but not 100% of course) that this person is just taking this and making it their own. It was a COMPLETE HYPOTHETICAL.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan says:
June 22, 2010 at 10:30 pm (Edit)

My mistake; it was from yesterday:

JonKnicksFan: @RyanTrapasso For instance, it’d have to be like, Curry, 8 and Douglas to the Spurs, Wil to the Clippers, Parker to the Knicks.
10:13 PM Jun 21st via TweetDeck in reply to RyanTrapasso

Ryan says:
June 22, 2010 at 10:45 pm (Edit)

Just don’t want y’all getting excited for nothing. Could be true but doubting it.

http://twitter.com/RyanTrapasso

So, this is the real one.

DPG21920
06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Shocking...........still rumors are fun and TP seems to be a hot commodity because "if" the Spurs are going to make a move, TP seems to be the big name trading chip the Spurs have.

Shastafarian
06-22-2010, 11:11 PM
So, this is the real one.

Just so happens TR1LL10N (the guy who claimed he had a friend on the inside) used the exact same players only hours after a completely made-up trade was discussed on Twitter.

Vic Petro
06-22-2010, 11:24 PM

Actually we traded Scola AND Butler for Vaginis Spatula

Dex
06-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Maybe I should call the Spurs and see if they'd rather trade Parker for a box of Lucky Charms and six paperclips instead.

Duncan2177
06-22-2010, 11:50 PM
http://bourgy.com/images/not_this_shit_again.jpeg

Russ
06-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Jackie Butler?

Charles Smith?

No more Knicks!!!!!!

itzsoweezee
06-23-2010, 12:00 AM
knicks have absolutely no one that the spurs want/need.

ducks
06-23-2010, 12:06 AM
nice troll from another spurs sight
got you fools all worked up

Shastafarian
06-23-2010, 12:09 AM
nice troll from another spurs sight
got you fools all worked up

:lmao

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3798/picture2pe.png (http://img16.imageshack.us/i/picture2pe.png/)

slick'81
06-23-2010, 12:54 AM
knicks have absolutely no one that the spurs want/need.

probably lee or gallo but not one or the other for tony and a bunch of trash

mudyez
06-23-2010, 01:23 AM
dont even know how to diss the rumor....it makes fun of itself!

every "trading parker for a bag of chips"-thread makes more sense

EricB
06-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Jackie Butler?

Charles Smith?

No more Knicks!!!!!!

Brad Lohaus and JR Reid for Monty Williams and Charles Smith I thought has always been a good trade.

It was a no lose situation. Reid wasn't contributing...

JustinJDW
06-23-2010, 03:33 AM
HELL NO!!!

What kind of trade is this? This has to be a joke? We give up the best scoring PG in the League for bust and worthless Eddy Curry and Tony Douglas? Who the fuck is Tony Douglas!?!? Oh, and we get a pick.

Psh, stupid Knick fans.

mountainballer
06-23-2010, 04:13 AM
HELL NO!!!

What kind of trade is this? This has to be a joke? We give up the best scoring PG in the League for bust and worthless Eddy Curry and Tony Douglas? Who the fuck is Tony Douglas!?!? Oh, and we get a pick.

Psh, stupid Knick fans.

without losing a single word about the pretty ridiculous rumor, Tony Douglas is an interesting player and could easily become a steal at #29 (2009 draft) if he further develops the next season. (like Hill did for example)
very quick and good defender. good scorer. limited play making skills. pretty similar to George Hill in many regards.

eisfeld
06-23-2010, 04:30 AM
Why in god's name would the Clippers do that?
I can see the Spurs doing it if they have an assurance that they'll get another good player in another trade (RJ + Filler) and if they decide to plan for the future rather than next season. Otherwise this would be very very bad.

Getting Douglas would be nice if they keep Parker, but with him being shipped out this makes no sense at all. This would still leave us with a gap at PG and SF.

KyuuiMusikq
07-03-2010, 06:14 PM
2 trading chips and our starting SF in that deal. Tony Douglas young point guard, but pop obviously has set his mind on Hill as our starting Pg. Douglas is not a backup.

Eddy Curry, Expiring Contract. If we don't resign Jefferson, that gives us a shit load of cap money and were offically in the Bosh race.

8th pick. Aminu Fuck Yea.

Seventyniner
07-03-2010, 06:21 PM
Why are all these threads being brought back up? Parker >>>>>>>>>>> anyone on the Knicks (yes, I'm including Lee, especially with the Spurs' current depth chart).

Obstructed_View
07-03-2010, 06:23 PM
lulz

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2010, 06:31 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/07/03/2010-07-03_parker_has_amare_interest.html

A person close to both players told the New York Daily News that Parker and Stoudemire have talked about playing together in either New York or Miami.

"It's perfect for Tony because he wants to be in New York and he wants to play with Amar'e," said the source.

KyuuiMusikq
07-03-2010, 06:33 PM
because i skip all the bullshit in between and remark upon the post. fucking ignore it then.

im sorry, does lee play point guard? parkers gonna bolt for free agency and were not gonna have the cash to even make a s&t. do people think tony's gonna take anything less around what duncan's currently making?

nobody knows what kind of an impact tiago's gonna make. Is he Scola or is he Darko? nobody fucking knows. so what depth. Blairs good for 4-5 years before he gets tired of using every inch of strength and stamina in his body to get shots off and play d against the b boys, and gains 50 lbs.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Douglas and Lee for Parker. Get it done!

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Douglas and Lee for Parker. Get it done!

:vomit:

Lee makes no sense for the Spurs.

J_Paco
07-03-2010, 06:44 PM
im sorry, does lee play point guard? parkers gonna bolt for free agency and were not gonna have the cash to even make a s&t. do people think tony's gonna take anything less around what duncan's currently making?

nobody knows what kind of an impact tiago's gonna make. Is he Scola or is he Darko? nobody fucking knows. so what depth. Blairs good for 4-5 years before he gets tired of using every inch of strength and stamina in his body to get shots off and play d against the b boys, and gains 50 lbs.

A max contract will likely be worth less than it is under the current CBA. The Spurs will have the cash for a Parker sign-and-trade since they hold his Bird Rights and can pay him more than anyone else can. It only matters if they are willing to retain Parker or if he's willing to work out a sign-and-trade that benefits S.A. as well.

I don't see the Spurs doing New York any favors by taking on Curry's horrendous expiring contract and Tony Douglas. New York would have to offer Gallinari and multiple picks for it to really be a worthwhile move. And, the front-office would have to explain to Timmy how dealing the only #1 scoring option and legitimate PG on the team makes them better.

HarlemHeat37
07-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Ill Will is the only player on the Knicks roster that would really interest me..Gallo and Douglas are good prospects(although Douglas has gotten really overrated as a prospect), but I wouldn't trade Parker for them..I don't like the idea of trading with the Knicks..

KyuuiMusikq
07-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Casey Anthony is a bad mom.

WHY?

EricB
07-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Zilch the Knicks have to give the spurs. Period...

gospursgojas
07-03-2010, 06:52 PM
Please lock this month old thread about nothing

KyuuiMusikq
07-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Ill Will is the only player on the Knicks roster that would really interest me..Gallo and Douglas are good prospects(although Douglas has gotten really overrated as a prospect), but I wouldn't trade Parker for them..I don't like the idea of trading with the Knicks..

Wilson Chandler would be an amazing SF for us. Amazing.

Obstructed_View
07-03-2010, 07:03 PM

Then that there trade idea isn't gonna work, is it? ;)

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Then that there trade idea isn't gonna work, is it? ;)

I don't see Spurs dealing with the Knicks. The best they can offer is Gallinari and Chandler and they don't have any 1st round draft picks for a long while.

Therefore, the Knicks might have to wait a year to give Parker the max level deal, leaving the Spurs with nothing.

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Please lock this month old thread about nothing

They already locked and unlocked it. No need to lock it again. Don't post in it if you don't want to see it on the front page.

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 07:14 PM
Therefore, the Knicks might have to wait a year to give Parker the max level deal, leaving the Spurs with nothing.
Spurs can offer him more. Question is, will they.

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Spurs can offer him more. Question is, will they.

No they won't.

In my opinion of course.

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 07:18 PM
No they won't.

In my opinion of course.

It will largely depend on the season he has. If his play warrants a max offer from NY then the Spurs would likely have to kill their cap space to offer him more. And there's still no guarantee he'll accept. I hope they work on an extension or look into trade options next season.

rascal
07-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I would not even want this with David Lee. He is overrated and does nothing to help the Spurs significantly imo.

Agree. To trade parker you need to get a star back.

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2010, 07:25 PM
It will largely depend on the season he has. If his play warrants a max offer from NY then the Spurs would likely have to kill their cap space to offer him more. And there's still no guarantee he'll accept. I hope they work on an extension or look into trade options next season.

Only way Spurs will offer Parker the full max is if Spurs go on to win the title again and Parker wins the MVP for the second time. Part of that has to do with the mileage/tread on his tires and the length of the max-level deal (bigger and more risky investment than Ginobili's). Another part of it has to do with the surprisingly development of George Hill, who is on a very valuable and cheap rookie scale salary for a couple more years after next.

I don't think the Spurs intend to offer Parker the full max, which is why they have been pondering with the idea of parting with Parker a year before he hits free agency. *Where its very likely a desperate team like the Knicks will offer him the max-level deal.*

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Only way Spurs will offer Parker the full max is if Spurs go on to win the title again and Parker wins the MVP for the second time.

I know that is a pretty bold statement, but it is my honest opinion.

I don't think the Spurs intend to offer Parker the full max, which is why they have been pondering with the idea of parting with Parker a year before he hits free agency. *Where its very likely a desperate team like the Knicks will offer him the max-level deal.*

Well another wrinkle is whether Tim will help the organization out by opting out and taking a much reduced salary. It looks like he has an ETO for the 2011/2012 season but would be leaving $21 mil on the table. If he took less the Spurs could accomodate offering Parker more.

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Well another wrinkle is whether Tim will help the organization out by opting out and taking a much reduced salary. It looks like he has an ETO for the 2011/2012 season but would be leaving $21 mil on the table. If he took less the Spurs could accomodate offering Parker more.

Considering that's basically the last significant paycheck Tim will receive in his entire life, I highly doubt he opts out.

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Considering that's basically the last significant paycheck Tim will receive in his entire life, I highly doubt he opts out.

If he wants to keep playing maybe they could sign him to I dunno a 3-4 year deal averaging $15 mil/season. It's a significant pay cut but the Spurs would need some kind of financial relief.

07-03-2010, 07:38 PM
duncan could always pull a pierce. opt out, then take a 3 year contract worth around $15 million a year. would help the spurs and duncan can play a little longer.

MaNu4Tres
07-03-2010, 07:45 PM
If he wants to keep playing maybe they could sign him to I dunno a 3-4 year deal averaging $15 mil/season. It's a significant pay cut but the Spurs would need some kind of financial relief.

Certainly its a possibility. Although, as much as I love Tim more than any player in the history of the NBA, resigning Tim for another 3-4 years at the age of 35 for 15 million dollars a year isn't a smart move to make.

I wouldn't mind resigning him for another year or two (at most), given his age and given the mileage on his knees for around 5-8 million a year.

But for 15 million a year for 3-4 years at the age of 35? I don't think that's the way to go.

Shastafarian
07-03-2010, 07:53 PM
I wouldn't mind resigning him for another year or two (at most), given his age and given the mileage on his knees for around 5-8 million a year.

I would much prefer that too but I can't see him taking that much of a pay cut. I wouldn't mind meeting in the middle at around $11 mil/year. I don't see him retiring at the end of this contract and I would hate it if he had to go to another team to finish his career. But I have faith he would do what's best for the franchise assuming it comes to that.

SenorSpur
07-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Wilson Chandler would be an amazing SF for us. Amazing.

No doubt about that. Chandler would be a very attractive add, but it's not even close to enough for Parker. Gallanari and Chandler play the same position. Lee is a very good player, but the Spurs don't need a big forward, that's a poor defender. Eddie Curry's only value is his expiring contract. Toney Douglas is an option at PG or either Chris Duhon.

The Knicks have no other young players and didn't fare well in the most recent draft. The problem is the knicks don't have much else to offer because they practically gutted their roster, clearing cap space in anticipation of making a run at LeBron.

Hell, the Spurs can't even procure a first round pick from them until 2013. Overall, the Knicks are simply a very poor trading partner.

Getting a third team involved would be a heckuva lot better.

Also trading Parker creates a gigantic hole at the PG position. Many forget Hill isn't a true PG.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm locking this thread. People are bumping old threads and confusing everyone.

There's plenty of new Parker-Knicks threads to post in.

Kori Ellis
07-03-2010, 08:24 PM
Post here: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157769