PDA

View Full Version : The Guy

Mikesatx
06-22-2010, 11:09 PM
I am assuming the Spurs wouldn't simply trade Parker for a pick unless they had a specific player in mind that they were very confident would be there.

I am also assuming the Spurs feel good about Splitter coming over based on what has already been discussed here.

Another assumption is that if Parker is traded they feel confident Hill can step in as point. Every proposed trade to this point that has a point guard included has a guy that is a lesser player than Hill.

The final assumption is that the Spurs have not gone rebuild mode which means you find a guy needed and expected to be a big contributor to make another run.

PF is set with TD, C would be set with Splitter, SG set with Manu, PG with Hill that leaves Small Forward.

Trying to put the pieces together my best guess is Paul George.

If not him who is the guy or guys worth sending Parker out?

HarlemHeat37
06-22-2010, 11:47 PM
There is no realistic option that the Spurs could get that would replace Parker's ability on a basketball court, at least IMO..

No draft pick is worth it unless you're getting a franchise guy..not that Tony Parker is a franchise guy, he obviously isn't, but the Spurs are trying to win now, and they won't find a rookie that will be good enough to contribute in a major way in the next 2 years or could be a franchise guy, unless they're getting a top 3-5 pick, which they probably won't get for Tony Parker(or anybody else currently on the Spurs roster)..

Mikesatx
06-22-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't think they are trying to move up to replace Parker. I think they believe they can make the team better with a top 8-10 pick. There is no reason to do it otherwise. The only thing that makes sense to me is they feel a player projected to be available at that position is far better than the masses project. I am just curious who fits that description at a position the Spurs need. The thought that comes to my mind is a guy cut in the Bowen mold.

ducks
06-22-2010, 11:59 PM
you get a top 10 pick with anyone other then the big three
otherwise it was very fucking stupid to extend manu

SouthTexasRancher
06-23-2010, 12:14 AM
There is no realistic option that the Spurs could get that would replace Parker's ability on a basketball court, at least IMO..

No draft pick is worth it unless you're getting a franchise guy..not that Tony Parker is a franchise guy, he obviously isn't, but the Spurs are trying to win now, and they won't find a rookie that will be good enough to contribute in a major way in the next 2 years or could be a franchise guy, unless they're getting a top 3-5 pick, which they probably won't get for Tony Parker(or anybody else currently on the Spurs roster)..

Well said. :tu

Mikesatx
06-23-2010, 12:22 AM
you get a top 10 pick with anyone other then the big three
otherwise it was very fucking stupid to extend manu

Most of whats been rumored has Parker moving and the pick being the centerpiece of what we get back. I don't think we make the move unless we have a specific player in mind that we are pretty certain will be available.

The logic is they feel they can improve the team with the move. Just curious how many players fit the dual role of making the Spurs better immediately and also very likely to be available at where the Spurs are trying to move up to.

spurs10
06-23-2010, 03:00 AM
I'm just wondering how many people have a clue about how great, and how instrumental toward our success, TP has been to our team. If a trade ever came along involving TP it would be huge....we need Splitter, a wing 3pt shooter, and a healthy TP.......don't be stupid....getting rid of an all-star pg is not smart....imo

ChuckD
06-23-2010, 07:06 AM
I don't think they are trying to move up to replace Parker. I think they believe they can make the team better with a top 8-10 pick. There is no reason to do it otherwise. The only thing that makes sense to me is they feel a player projected to be available at that position is far better than the masses project. I am just curious who fits that description at a position the Spurs need. The thought that comes to my mind is a guy cut in the Bowen mold.

You never take a 3 time All Star/ Finals MVP and replace him with an 8-10 pick and make your team better. The draft just doesn't work that way anymore, and hasn't for probably 20 years. Even top 10 picks flame out.

Thomas82
06-23-2010, 09:22 AM

Most of whats been rumored has Parker moving and the pick being the centerpiece of what we get back. I don't think we make the move unless we have a specific player in mind that we are pretty certain will be available.

The logic is they feel they can improve the team with the move. Just curious how many players fit the dual role of making the Spurs better immediately and also very likely to be available at where the Spurs are trying to move up to.

Also, since Tony Parker is in his contract year and could walk next year, the Spurs just might be trying to see if they can get something for him before they just let him walk.