PDA

View Full Version : Ex Pro Wrestler Batista In Negotiations with StrikeForce

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Head+Case+New+York+Screening+ccK8VGfPukNl.jpg

dbreiden83080
06-23-2010, 12:38 PM
"According to former WWE superstar Dave "The Animal" Batista, he has signed a deal with MMA promotion Strikeforce.

That, however, is not true according to a source with Strikeforce as reported in a story by TMZ.

TMZ reports that the 41-year-old Batista and Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker have been in negotiations and have the majority of his contract worked out, but there are two major sticking points.

The first reported issue is money. Batista was one of the top earners in the WWE. At this point in his career and at his age, he knows he only has a short amount of time to compete in MMA and wants to earn as much as possible. The two sides are reportedly not close on money.

The second issue is scheduling. When Batista left the WWE two months ago, the reason given was to focus on his acting career. "The Animal" has had previous roles in films "Wrong Side of Town" and "Wapakman" starring Manny Pacquaio and Nicole Scherzinger. Batista apparently has television and film roles lined up for the next couple of months.

When Batista was interviewed at Strikeforce: LA last week, he told reporters that he had an offer on the table from an MMA promotion. Batista hinted that the deal was for two big money fights that would be shown on pay-per-view. He also stated that his first opponent would likely be a well-known former headliner.

It is being reported that if Batista does join Strikeforce, his first fight would be against fellow former WWE superstar Bobby Lashley.

Like Batista, Lashley made the jump from wrestling to MMA. Since his first fight in 2008, Lashley has gone a perfect 5-0. He has not competed however since January of this year as he is recovering from a knee injury which is expected to be healed sometime soon.

Many believe that in a fight against Bobby Lashley, Dave Batista would lose due to lack of experience and a greater age. Batista has no previous MMA or college wrestling experience. Before becoming a professional wrestler, he was a bodybuilder.

Since leaving the WWE, Batista has been training at the Affliction gym, however, and has dropped a lot of weight. In the WWE, he was billed as weighing 290 pounds.

There were rumors that the reason why Batista was unable to join Strikeforce right away was due to a 90 day non-compete clause in his WWE contract. That, however, is untrue as his contract has expired and there is not a no-compete clause, and Batista is a free agent."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/410178-dave-batistas-strikeforce-deal-hits-two-major-snags

Pathetic move by SF if they let this happen. Batista has no fighting background whatsoever.. Scott Coker is digging the freak shows..

Blackjack
06-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Pathetic move by SF if they let this happen. Batista has no fighting background whatsoever.. Scott Coker is digging the freak shows..

Still, it'd be a good freak show. :D

Stringer_Bell
06-23-2010, 12:57 PM
Haha, despite no experience whatsoever, I wouldn't mind watching Batista in there. He's a specimen but obviously not focused on fighting since he's got movies and shit lined up. Coker thinks he's too cool for Kimbo, a guy that fights his ass off and has respect for the sport, but Batista can just walk in and fight a name on a main card.

Can't wait for SF to fold cuz of Coker, although I think they had a chance to be a good alternative to UFC if they weren't just about capitalizing on MMA.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-23-2010, 01:50 PM
how yall think he will do in mma i mean brock did good and he came from wwe

Muser
06-23-2010, 01:57 PM
He's gonna get knocked the fuck out.

polandprzem
06-23-2010, 03:28 PM
:lol

Brock did not came from wwe

Spursfan092120
06-23-2010, 04:21 PM
:lol

Brock did not came from wwe
Brock did come from professional wrestling...the IWGP in Japan...but not the WWE. Nothing to laugh at though, man...most people don't know that. But to answer the OP's question...how will Batista do? How do most 41 year old rookies do? I don't see this as a smart move for Dave...he's out of his element, and too old to make it his element.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-23-2010, 04:26 PM
What are you assholes talking about? Brock Lesnar came from the WWE, you stupid sons of bitches.

Spursfan092120
06-23-2010, 04:42 PM
What are you assholes talking about? Brock Lesnar came from the WWE, you stupid sons of bitches.
He was in the WWE, but he left them and went to Japan for a year, dude...while he was dealing with his lawsuit with the WWE...went to the UFC after Japan.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I Merged the 2 threads..

This is such a strange move by SF. How do they expect to get credibility with stuff like this? Brock was a D1 national wrestling champ in college, anyone who thinks this is the same thing is not paying attention. Toney fighting Randy is obviously not the same either.

This is like Chuck Liddell deciding on a whim he wants to play professional Tennis having never picked up a raquet..

Spursfan092120
06-23-2010, 04:53 PM
I Merged the 2 threads..

This is such a strange move by SF. How do they expect to get credibility with stuff like this? Brock was a D1 national wrestling champ in college, anyone who thinks this is the same thing is not paying attention. Toney fighting Randy is obviously not the same either.

This is like Chuck Liddell deciding on a whim he wants to play professional Tennis having never picked up a raquet..
Exactly..and the dude is 41 years old...He's gonna get hurt.

dbreiden83080
06-23-2010, 04:53 PM

And his background before that gave him a huge leg up on getting started in MMA training..

This guy has never done anything but fake wrestle

No wrestling background
No JJ background
No striking background

Nothing..

Muser
06-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Batista sucks, watching him in WWE was painful. Just a roided up freak who couldn't even sell a move.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-23-2010, 05:51 PM
brock is from wwe here yall go

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/Wrestlefiend/Brock%20Lesnar/thBrockF5.gif

Spursfan092120
06-23-2010, 05:56 PM

He was in the WWE, but he left them and went to Japan for a year, dude...while he was dealing with his lawsuit with the WWE...went to the UFC after Japan.

Muser
06-23-2010, 06:44 PM
I look forward to this chump getting his ass handed to him.

rayray2k8
06-23-2010, 08:14 PM
This guy is gonna go down harder than Kimbo slice.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-23-2010, 08:46 PM
yall know booker t my nigga dropped batista in a real fight

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-23-2010, 09:54 PM
This guy is gonna go down harder than Kimbo slice.

Maybe...but he won't go down faster than your girl on a black cock.

And dbriden83080 or whatever your fucking name is, don't ever edit my posts again you fucking moron.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-23-2010, 09:56 PM

And you know Vince McMahon dropped that niggas contract in real life, right?

Awfully smart of that negro to leave a 6 figure salary.

Whisky Dog
06-23-2010, 10:38 PM

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii67/Wrestlefiend/Brock%20Lesnar/thBrockF5.gif

WTF kind of move was that? He just threw him in the air and let him fall. Looked like a fun ride.

BRHornet45
06-23-2010, 11:05 PM

son I was just about to post this .... although there is no video footage of the fight because it happened backstage, there have been numerous reports that Batista got his ass handed to him by Booker leaving him bloody.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-23-2010, 11:06 PM
Brock Lesnar hitting the F5 on Hollywood Hogan
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/1115/f5hogancn7.gif

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-23-2010, 11:07 PM
son I was just about to post this .... although there is no video footage of the fight because it happened backstage, there have been numerous reports that Batista got his ass handed to him by Booker leaving him bloody.

Son, I have heard very differently.

Batista was going even flow with Booker T, then the Golden boy, owners son in law, Triple H stepped in and made Booker T feel like he was back on the plantation.

ace3g
06-24-2010, 12:23 AM
I hope most of you guys knew this, Yes Brock did wrestle in WWE but the reason why he is good in MMA is because of this: Lesnar was an accomplished amateur wrestler, winning the 2000 NCAA heavyweight wrestling championship.

Trainwreck2100
06-24-2010, 12:23 AM
lesnar had a wrestling background in college IIRC so he was used to training and had some fighting experience

Whisky Dog
06-24-2010, 01:40 AM
In that case they should take Kurt Angle's old ass too.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-24-2010, 02:03 AM
LOL @ automatically assuming a guy will suck just because he never had any previous experience in that setting.

"Wrestling is F A A A A A AKEEE"; "He was just a roided up WWE fag."

LOL

I can not wait until Vince McMahon gets a hold of a struggling MMA brand and merges it with his own WWE talent who want to cross over to the realm of "real" as in not pre-planned outcomes fighting.

polandprzem
06-24-2010, 02:52 AM
Is this forum folds or what?

When you talking about sport of mma there are people who are coming from a combat sports to compete in the mma formula. wwe is entertainment, you can't say that one of the best amateur wrestlers came to mma from wwe :rolleyes

And yes. This -> :lol

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-24-2010, 04:35 AM
Hey faggot,

add this to your signature questions about your shitty homeland.

"Are there Negros in Poland?"

polandprzem
06-24-2010, 04:44 AM
None of the losers tells me what to put in my signature.
Try to remember

Muser
06-24-2010, 07:48 AM
LOL @ automatically assuming a guy will suck just because he never had any previous experience in that setting.

LOL

I can not wait until Vince McMahon gets a hold of a struggling MMA brand and merges it with his own WWE talent who want to cross over to the realm of "real" as in not pre-planned outcomes fighting.

Right, because a guy who has no history in MMA whatsoever is going to last longer than 1 minute against a good fighter.

desflood
06-24-2010, 08:14 AM
In this particular setting, it pretty much guarantees that he will indeed suck.

Stringer_Bell
06-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Hey faggot,

add this to your signature questions about your shitty homeland.

"Are there Negros in Poland?"

I think what most folks are trying to say is that Batista, regardless of how cool or crappy he was in the WWE, is facing an uphill climb at a shitty MMA promotion because 1) he has no combat sport experience 2) he will face a decent opponent cuz Strikeforce has no depth or feeder opponents 3) his focus is not MMA, it's acting with cage fighting worked into his schedule.

It's just not as impressive as Brock or Lashley. Would any of us wanna fight him in a cage? NOPE! But the guys who do fight probably aren't expecting much from him because it takes time to get a well-rounded game that he doesn't have at his age.

dbreiden83080
06-24-2010, 01:30 PM
And dbriden83080 or whatever your fucking name is, don't ever edit my posts again you fucking moron.

You included no story whatsoever fuck-nut..

Next time do it right or don't bother..

We are all supposed to be Psychic and know what the hell you mean just based on a fucking picture..

SpursTillTheEnd
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
yo that nigga bobby lashley is gonna tear up mma he came from wwe bu tha tboy got skillz

dbreiden83080
06-24-2010, 02:03 PM
yo that nigga bobby lashley is gonna tear up mma he came from wwe bu tha tboy got skillz

He is good and has real wrestling

dbreiden83080
06-24-2010, 02:11 PM
:toast
I think what most folks are trying to say is that Batista, regardless of how cool or crappy he was in the WWE, is facing an uphill climb at a shitty MMA promotion because 1) he has no combat sport experience 2) he will face a decent opponent cuz Strikeforce has no depth or feeder opponents 3) his focus is not MMA, it's acting with cage fighting worked into his schedule.

It's just not as impressive as Brock or Lashley. Would any of us wanna fight him in a cage? NOPE! But the guys who do fight probably aren't expecting much from him because it takes time to get a well-rounded game that he doesn't have at his age.

BINGO

Well said Stringer..:toast

ace3g
06-24-2010, 04:00 PM

LOL

he will suck, look at the "strongest guy in the world" he lost to Slyvia who is out of his prime, just because you are strong doesn't mean you will win in MMA.

in fact just like "strongest man" Batista will get red real quickly because his muscles require too much oxygen, that is why is is better to have a little bit of fat on your body as a fighter.

ace3g
06-24-2010, 04:01 PM
exactly Bobby Lashley like Brock had NCAA wrestling and typically guys with NCAA (real) Wrestling background do well in MMA.

desflood
06-25-2010, 09:55 AM
I hear 'roids wreak absolute hell on your cardio.

angelbelow
06-28-2010, 06:08 PM
hahhaha this made me laugh as hard as when he was a judge on iron chef america. just something funny about him doing anything other than wreslting.