PDA

View Full Version : Cap, Thor Logos Released, Renner In Negotiations To Play Hawkeye

Mister Sinister
06-23-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/marvellogos.jpg

I like the looks of them, especially the little "Avengers Assemble" in the corner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we get reports from Heat Vision and Deadline that two actors have joined the Marvel Universe, or at least potentially joined. Those two actors are Jeremy Renner and Neal McDonough and they may be coming to a theatre near you very soon.

Heat Vision tells us that Jeremy Renner, the star from the critically acclaimed Hurt Locker is going to play Hawkeye in the upcoming Avengers flick. This has been rumored for some time now and was all but confirmed. Sources say he is now in final negotiations so it’s essentially a go.

Deadline brings us some more news, they tell us Neal McDonough is going to play Dum Dum Dugan in the upcoming Captain America flick. Dugan is one of Captain America’s sidekicks as well as a member of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I'm down with Renner as Hawkeye, at least visually, same with McDonough as Dugan. Be interesting to see McDonough with a cigar, a bowler hat, and a spectacular handlebar mustache.

fraga
06-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Oooh nice...

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Cool stuff. I was afraid they'd try to turn the hammer into the "T".

And that's two actors I like added to the mix. I'm a long way from sold on Chris Evans as Cap but every new casting choice I hear has me believing maybe they know something I don't.

MiamiHeat
06-23-2010, 12:48 PM
these might flop. they are now almost done using all the big name, viable marvel characters..... now they are digging deeper in the barrel

avengers don't have the following that the XMEN, spiderman, or iron man do.

fantastic four has more of a following than avengers, and they didnt do as well as the ones i just mentioned.

Mister Sinister
06-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Cool stuff. I was afraid they'd try to turn the hammer into the "T".

And that's two actors I like added to the mix. I'm a long way from sold on Chris Evans as Cap but every new casting choice I hear has me believing maybe they know something I don't.
I was iffy on Evans until I saw The Losers. He definitely, abso-fucking-lutely has the physique for it, and I think he'll be able to act the part.

these might flop. they are now almost done using all the big name, viable marvel characters..... now they are digging deeper in the barrel

avengers don't have the following that the XMEN, spiderman, or iron man do.

fantastic four has more of a following than avengers, and they didnt do as well as the ones i just mentioned.
Fantastic Four is getting a reboot, Spider-Man is getting a reboot, and nobody gives a shit about the X-Men movie franchise anymore.

Also, I fail to see how Cap and Thor are digging deeper into the barrel.

Also, also, Fantastic Four does not have a bigger following than the Avengers.

Frenzy
06-23-2010, 01:25 PM
The hot chicks?

EmptyMan
06-23-2010, 01:32 PM
nah, Evans as Cap is auto-fail right out of the gates for me.

Blake
06-23-2010, 04:41 PM
nah, Evans as Cap is auto-fail right out of the gates for me.

+1

Cap is too serious.

Evans is too goofy.

Other than the look, I don't see that casting at all.

redzero
06-23-2010, 05:04 PM
I want a Civil War movie, goddammit!