PDA

View Full Version : Dr.StrangeLakers, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Kobe

LnGrrrR
06-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Well, I think I've finally accepted the Lakers win. It still hurts, because the C's could've pulled it out. But congrats to Lakers, and to Kobe in particular. He didn't have a great series, but the fact that he's still able to play at a high level, even after all these games, speaks volumes.

When the team played flat in Boston, he called out his teammates and they responded. You could see it. Some athletes lose their hunger for various reasons. I doubt Kobe will ever lose his.

Is he Jordan? No. He's Kobe. And that's more than good enough.

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Matzel, Matzel, good things!

Kobe's post game admittance to the Celtics impact on him was a watershed moment for Bryant. He did not brazen it out as in the past. No, he gave the Celtics their due and confessed that he'd needed to fly his "eyes & ears" man cross country once in Boston to get straightened out. He could not solve the Celtics himself, he said. And he never did solve them, he got on top of them, but they never wavered. They made others beat them.

But, whereas in the past Kobe would asshole it to the detriment of all concerned, here he stipulated to Jackson, Fish and Artest.

I thought his exclusive shout on to Gasol while on the on court podium was out of place & vulgar. I cringed.

His game press conference was another matter and it was cold blooded. He cited his own failures and his need to leave his island and join the community of man which he had done in these Finals.

His mean spiritedness reared it's head when he attacked Daddy ad hominen style. Whereas Magic always kept his hatreds & conspired acts of vengeance hidden for the sake of the NBA Brand, Kobe has neither the maturity or the inclination to follow suit. So be it. The karma is circling the block, but, it'll never reach him in time to save the Celtics at 17.

It's finished.

Veterinarian
06-23-2010, 04:06 PM
Matzel, Matzel, good things!

Kobe's post game admittance to the Celtics impact on him was a watershed moment for Bryant. He did not brazen it out as in the past. No, he gave the Celtics their due and confessed that he'd needed to fly his "eyes & ears" man cross country once in Boston to get straightened out. He could not solve the Celtics himself, he said. And he never did solve them, he got on top of them, but they never wavered. They made others beat them.

But, whereas in the past Kobe would asshole it to the detriment of all concerned, here he stipulated to Jackson, Fish and Artest.

I thought his exclusive shout on to Gasol while on the on court podium was out of place & vulgar. I cringed.

His game press conference was another matter and it was cold blooded. He cited his own failures and his need to leave his island and join the community of man which he had done in these Finals.

His mean spiritedness reared it's head when he attacked Daddy ad hominen style. Whereas Magic always kept his hatreds & conspired acts of vengeance hidden for the sake of the NBA Brand, Kobe has neither the maturity or the inclination to follow suit. So be it. The karma is circling the block, but, it'll never reach him in time to save the Celtics at 17.

It's finished.

Too bad nobody saw or cared about most of that tbh.

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 04:10 PM

- "No problem."

- "Ace Merrill" - "Stand by Me"

Killakobe81
06-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Well, I think I've finally accepted the Lakers win. It still hurts, because the C's could've pulled it out. But congrats to Lakers, and to Kobe in particular. He didn't have a great series, but the fact that he's still able to play at a high level, even after all these games, speaks volumes.

When the team played flat in Boston, he called out his teammates and they responded. You could see it. Some athletes lose their hunger for various reasons. I doubt Kobe will ever lose his.

Stay classy Lngrr ...

what moves do you see the Celts making especially at coach if Doc leaves ...

AND

what do you want done?

2 part question.

You seem to be honest and fair ...

Koolaid_Man
06-23-2010, 05:48 PM

hey thanks for the cock suck that shit was long overdue...:toast

I hear the Lakers may:

be pursuing Jermaine Oneal to replace Mbenga
Will sign Raja for bench role
Will sign T-Mac for bench role
Will trade Bynum, Farmar, and Sasha for Bosh

This should be enough to make Boston fan shit themselves for years to Kobe. Lakers will be sitting at 20 titles once Kobe is done...

Kobe
Gasol
Bosh
Artest
Fisher

Odom, Oneal, Raja, Walton, Shannon, McGrady = 4 more titles...
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Honestly? I got a bigger boner outta beating the San Antonio Celtics than I did the Boston Celtics.

Hell, in the last five minutes the San Antonio Celtics resisted us more here than the Boston Celtics did there.

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 05:57 PM
I'll make a visit....

Knock, knock.

Who's there?

Cubby, can I come in?

Eat shit & die, Cubby.

LnGrrrR
06-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Stay classy Lngrr ...

what moves do you see the Celts making especially at coach if Doc leaves ...

AND

what do you want done?

2 part question.

You seem to be honest and fair ...

I honestly have no idea if they'll stand pat and try again next year, or blow it up. I know the whole "blow up the team" has to happen eventually, but I'm dreading it because I don't think our young guys are quite ready to take over.

I'm guessing they let Rayray walk, though with his horrible Finals performance Games 3, 4 and 5, he may have lowered his asking price just enough to where the Celts can resign him.

We're over the luxury tax by a great deal, IIRC. In a perfect world, I think we should grab a young SF to let Pierce rest, and see what happens during the season. If we suck, then we can trade before the deadline for some young pieces.

LnGrrrR
06-23-2010, 08:02 PM
What took you so long? It happened a week ago.:rolleyes At this point, I don't see anything stopping us from running off another one. No bench, with a broke down center, and going back2back says a lot. Kobe is taking us past 17, no doubt. I just hope you guys decide to show up to the party a few more times.

I processed it factually, not emotionally. I'm sure if the roles were reversed, it might take you a bit. :)

I'm all for Lakers/Celtics again, you know it. Though it'd help if a young stud or two fell to us in a draft.

DeadlyDynasty
06-23-2010, 08:11 PM

Love the Kubrick reference:toast

and tbh, I think that game might have a totally different outlook if Perk played--be it that we won that game on the offensive glass. Regardless, it was a great series and I hope to see ya'll again next year. I think the Celtics have one more title run in them with this core, but they're gonna need an infusion of youth (I know, stating the obvious)

Giuseppe
06-23-2010, 08:11 PM
I've heard people talking about he attacked shaq on more than one occasion, but what exactly went down? I haven't watched/listened to/seen anything basketball related since I turned the tv off with about a minute to go in the 4th and I was wondering what was said.

In the press conference afterward some writer asked Kobe: "what does this 5th rings mean to you"? "It means I have one more than Shaq."......some uneven laughter from the gathered writers......then Kobe added: "I don't forget anything."

cobbler
06-23-2010, 08:26 PM

FAIL.... again.

The Nielsen Co. said Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals drew a reported 28.2 million viewers last Thursday.

According to the Associated Press, those ratings were the highest for an NBA game since Michael Jordan’s last game with the Chicago Bulls in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals.

SomeCallMeTim
06-23-2010, 11:44 PM
:lol

Well done on the thread title.