PDA

View Full Version : Man Shot In Head At Quarry Market Dies

Nbadan
05-14-2005, 02:09 AM
UPDATED: Man shot in head at Quarry Market dies
Web Posted: 05/13/2005 09:36 PM CDT
San Antonio Express-News and KENS 5 Eyewitness News

An off-duty constable working security at the Alamo Quarry Market shot a man in the head and himself in the hand after confronting the man as he fondled himself in the parking lot this afternoon, police said.

The man, whose identity was not being immediately released, was taken by helicopter to an area hospital. He died around 7 p.m., San Antonio police spokesman Sgt. Gabe Trevino said.

An ambulance was transporting the constable to a local hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening.

The incident occurred at about 4 p.m. in the Quarry parking lot outside of Old Navy and Whole Foods.

Trevino said the Precinct 4 constable responded to a complaint about a man in a black vehicle masturbating in the parking lot.

When the constable confronted the man, he slammed the door shut on the constable's hand and began dragging the officer with him, Trevino said.

The constable then began to fire his weapon, shooting himself once in the hand. He managed to free himself from the car door and shoot the motorist in the head. The motorist had continued driving, slamming the car into other vehicles, Trevino said.

The shooting disrupted business as usual at the Quarry Market.

"People are definitely scared," said Brenna Kuykendall, an employee at Old Navy. "It's very choatic here. There are a ton of police officers. There's a lot of noise and confusion going on."

Kuykendall said she didn't realize what was going on until she heard the wail of the sirens.

"I didn't hear any (gunshots) because at Old Navy our music is so loud," she said.

Kuykendall said police were not allowing any customers to exit the store for safety purposes.

Another shooting in the Quarry Market parking lot, this one just after midnight, took another man's life in February 2002.

MySanAntonio.com (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA051305.kens.shooting.26f5e3b6d.html)

So the guy is tossing a load in his car in public, a off-duty cop sneeks up on him and tries to reach in and open the car door, and gets his hand somehow stuck in the car in the process. When the guy tries to gun it out of there he 'accidentialy' drags the off-duty cop with him. The cop opens fire.

End result: Cop shoots self in hand and suspect is dead with his pants still around his ankles.

Moral to the story: Geez, don't bother a dude when he's tossing a load.

NameDropper
05-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Rumor has it the guy never saw the cop cumming.

The Ressurrected One
05-14-2005, 01:42 PM
So the guy is tossing a load in his car in public, a off-duty cop sneeks up on him and tries to reach in and open the car door, and gets his hand somehow stuck in the car in the process. When the guy tries to gun it out of there he 'accidentialy' drags the off-duty cop with him. The cop opens fire.

End result: Cop shoots self in hand and suspect is dead with his pants still around his ankles.

Moral to the story: Geez, don't bother a dude when he's tossing a load.
I like the way you just make shit up Nbadan...

Moral to the story? Don't try to kill a cop.

cherylsteele
05-14-2005, 07:23 PM
I like the way you just make shit up Nbadan...

Moral to the story? Don't try to kill a cop.

The suspect was unarmed....how did he try to kill him?
Talk about making up stuff.

mookie2001
05-14-2005, 07:27 PM
"I didn't hear any (gunshots) because at Old Navy our clothes are so incredibly shitty," she said.

The Ressurrected One
05-14-2005, 08:30 PM
The suspect was unarmed....how did he try to kill him?
Talk about making up stuff.

I didn't make anything up.

When the constable confronted the man, he slammed the door shut on the constable's hand and began dragging the officer with him, Trevino said.

He wasn't unarmed, he had a 2,000 pound weapon.

mookie2001
05-14-2005, 08:36 PM

ressurrected one youre a dummy.
thats right a dummy

dummy

cherylsteele
05-14-2005, 09:07 PM

In this case the car was not intended to be a weapon.....the man was physically harming no one....the officer did not try to talk the person to calmly giving up....he reached in and grabbed the suspect. The officer did not appear to be threatened initially....using his firearm in the case seems to be a little over-reacting.......this type of infraction, noone should have been hurt, let alone killed.

It is similar if one was pulled over for a minor traffic violation and the officer reached in and tried to grab you without a real explaination.

Granted......the suspect shouldn't have been doing what he was doing, where he was doing it.

There have been many incidents I have seen where a patrol car will use his light to break the law....
Example:
I have seen numerous times when a patrol car will be at a red light turn his lights on run the light and immediately turn them off again when he through the intersection.....the officer will be in no hurry no even going the speed limit so you can be sure there was no emergency.

I have seen who knows how many times an officer flyin 90+ mph on the freeway with no emergency lights cutting in and out of traffic.....if he is on a call he must have his lights on....if an accident accurs he could be held liable.

They very often use the badge to bypass some basic laws and put the public at risk. Yes they have a hard, dangerous job, but they should increase the danger for themsleves and the public just because it may be fun.

mookie2001
05-14-2005, 10:59 PM
plus he's off-duty
even if i had the genius idea to J-it in a parking lot, if some chode reached inside i'd probably speed off too

Nbadan
05-15-2005, 12:05 AM
From what I understand this guy already had been charged once with indencent exposure. Still, he was busted in the parking lot since there were witnesses. Don't want to second guess anyone, but wouldn't just tapping on the window have accomplished the same thing?

05-15-2005, 12:18 AM
Dude slammed the police officers hand in the car door and tried to leave with the police officer stuck in the door, dragging him behind.

Good riddiance to bad rubbish. Shitbird was caught with indencency with a child before. He got off light.

Nbadan
05-15-2005, 12:26 AM
Good riddiance to bad rubbish. Shitbird was caught with indencency with a child before. He got off light.

I keep hearing that, but still waiting on proof his charge was against a minor. Either way, being charged with something is much different than being convicted. Just ask Michael Jackson. I agree that this guy was on a bad road, but even the worst of us deserve the benefit of the doubt. This is why we have the presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

What we are talking about in this thread though, is whether this incident could have been avoided, and whether there may be some legal liability on the part of the mall. Remembering that in civil cases, the burden of proof is greatly diminished

Kori Ellis
05-15-2005, 12:30 AM
I keep hearing that, but still waiting on proof his charge was against a minor.

I understand that he had been charged and convicted of indecent exposure once. And another incident he was charged (and later charges were dropped) on indecent exposure to a minor.

That's not proof, but it's just what I heard.

The Ressurrected One
05-15-2005, 06:54 AM
If he knew the police officer was trapped in the door and continued to drive, that's trying to kill him.

I see a lot of assumptions in the posts...all the article says is that the officer "confronted" (not snuck up on) him and that he slammed the door on the officer's hand and drove off...

You don't have any report on how much time transpired between the confrontation and the slamming and driving off. Could have been a couple of minutes, during when the perp decided he didn't want to go to jail and tried to flee. We don't know.

What we do know is if he drove off with a man's hand pinned in the door, he knew it and, to continue driving would result in the pinned man's serious injury or death. I'll make an assumption here...

The constable was screaming his freakin' head off trying to get the bastard to stop and release his hand and it was only after repeated attempts to do so that he pulled his weapon and tried to disable the idiot -- shooting himself in the hand in the process.

cherylsteele
05-15-2005, 11:04 AM
The constable was screaming his freakin' head off trying to get the bastard to stop and release his hand and it was only after repeated attempts to do so that he pulled his weapon and tried to disable the idiot -- shooting himself in the hand in the process.

Where in the article does it say the officer was screaming? Nowhere! Now you are creating statements that aren't there.

I see a lot of assumptions in the posts...all the article says is that the officer "confronted" (not snuck up on) him and that he slammed the door on the officer's hand and drove off...

If one is confronted with no being aware someone is there that is sneaking up on you.....think of a teenager smoking in his room when his parents come crashing through the bedroom door.....is that confronting or sneaking....it depends on the point of view.

What we do know is if he drove off with a man's hand pinned in the door, he knew it and, to continue driving would result in the pinned man's serious injury or death. I'll make an assumption here...

We do know the officer's hand was caught in the door....we don't however know that the suspect knew that it was there......we can only assume that probably did.....but that is not anyones place unless you are on a jury.

You don't have any report on how much time transpired between the confrontation and the slamming and driving off. Could have been a couple of minutes, during when the perp decided he didn't want to go to jail and tried to flee. We don't know.

So you assume that it was malicious because even though you don't know the facts in the incident such as time......"could have been a couple of minutes"....and you complain about people assuming.

AlamoSpursFan
05-15-2005, 11:33 AM
So you assume that it was malicious because even though you don't know the facts in the incident such as time......"could have been a couple of minutes"....and you complain about people assuming.

And you were there? (I'm assuming, of course).

MannyIsGod
05-15-2005, 12:30 PM
There was poor judgement all around here.

The bottom line is that you shouldn't be jacking off in the Quarry parking lot. While that doesn't mean you deserve to die, it ultimately put a series of events in motion in which the officer did the right thing.

If I'm the cop, and it's either me, or a criminal trying to get away, I know who I'm going to side with.

However, the cop also made bad judgement in how he handled the situation. He should never have been in a position to get his hand stuck in the door in that manner. Whether he snuck up on him, confronted him outright, it doesn't matter. He was obviously overzealous with illusions of dragging this guy off to jail.

You couple the actions of an idiot with that overzealousness, and you have what happend on Friday.

MannyIsGod
05-15-2005, 12:34 PM
There have been many incidents I have seen where a patrol car will use his light to break the law....
Example:
I have seen numerous times when a patrol car will be at a red light turn his lights on run the light and immediately turn them off again when he through the intersection.....the officer will be in no hurry no even going the speed limit so you can be sure there was no emergency.

I have seen who knows how many times an officer flyin 90+ mph on the freeway with no emergency lights cutting in and out of traffic.....if he is on a call he must have his lights on....if an accident accurs he could be held liable.

They very often use the badge to bypass some basic laws and put the public at risk. Yes they have a hard, dangerous job, but they should increase the danger for themsleves and the public just because it may be fun.

Absofuckinglutely. That shit pisses me off to no end.

King
05-15-2005, 01:09 PM

The bottom line is that you shouldn't be jacking off in the Quarry parking lot. While that doesn't mean you deserve to die, it ultimately put a series of events in motion in which the officer did the right thing.

If I'm the cop, and it's either me, or a criminal trying to get away, I know who I'm going to side with.

However, the cop also made bad judgement in how he handled the situation. He should never have been in a position to get his hand stuck in the door in that manner. Whether he snuck up on him, confronted him outright, it doesn't matter. He was obviously overzealous with illusions of dragging this guy off to jail.

You couple the actions of an idiot with that overzealousness, and you have what happend on Friday.

I agree and disagree.

The part I disagree with, and only because the facts aren't there to us, is the cop's bad judgement. We don't know what happened, and we don't know how it played out. The cop may have been overzealous, like you said. However, there are probably a whole lot of things that took place that we don't know. Maybe the guy in the car said something to make the cop feel threatened. There are probably some things that transpired to make the cop feel the need to end up in the situation he did. But, like you said, maybe the cop was disgusted and overzealous, and didn't use proper judgement.

But, the part I really agree with is, it doesn't matter what events lead up to the climax. The fact is, the guy dragged a police officer with his car, putting the cop's life in danger. The cop had to do something to save his life. Could it have been handled differently from the beginning? Probably. But, it wasn't. It escalated to the point, how is irrelevant, to where the cop had to use lethal force. And he made the right decision.

Either way, it's gotten to the point where you can't jerk off anywhere in public any more.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-15-2005, 01:55 PM
In the strictest application of the law, the moment the cop had his hand slammed in the door it was assault and he had the right to defend himself.

And yeah, some cops suck and abuse their power. That doesn't mean this guy deserves to get raked over the coals for what he did.

Useruser666
05-15-2005, 02:02 PM
No one knows if the cop overreacted or not. All we know is hearsay. The guy was possibly exposing himself. A cop went to investigate. In the process the cop was dragged by the man in his car. The cop shot the man in the head killing him.

MannyIsGod
05-15-2005, 02:54 PM
You guys give me a situtation where a cop is supposed to open up a suspects car door and put himself in danger.

Now, I'm not an expert on police procedure by any means, but I can't think of any situation where a cop doesn't ask the person in question to step out of the vehicle instead of opening a door for this very reason.

bigzak25
05-15-2005, 03:28 PM
or at least yell, "both hands where i can see them!"

The Ressurrected One
05-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Where in the article does it say the officer was screaming? Nowhere! Now you are creating statements that aren't there.
Preceding sentence in my post, "I'll make an assumption here..."

Pay attention cherylsteele.

If one is confronted with no being aware someone is there that is sneaking up on you.....think of a teenager smoking in his room when his parents come crashing through the bedroom door.....is that confronting or sneaking....it depends on the point of view.
And, if my teenager slammed to door on my hand and then leaned against the door, I'd kick it in...and, he might get injured.

You're making the assumption the masturbator just took off. Apparently, the door was opened as some time during the "confrontation," and, therefore, it lasted more than just a split second.

But, even if it didn't, I can assure you the constable didn't reach for his gun first. He tried to free his hand, and after being unsuccessful, he started trying to stop the car. For all we know he didn't intend to shoot the driver...hell, I'm sure he didn't intend to shoot his own hand. For all you and I know he was trying to shoot through the dashboard.

How clear is your head while your pinned to a moving, accelerating vehicle? If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's the cop.

We do know the officer's hand was caught in the door....we don't however know that the suspect knew that it was there......we can only assume that probably did.....but that is not anyones place unless you are on a jury.
Oh please. You're saying you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder if you had your hand caught in a door and the driver took off? Are you saying that if you drove off in a car after slamming your friends hand in the door, you wouldn't notice her trying to run alongside screaming, "STOP CHERYL! STOP, I'M FUCKING TRAPPED IN THE DOOR!!!?" Are you that dense and unaware?

I was arguing the opposite assumption. And, yeah, I find it incredibly hard to believe - after 25 years in or associated with law enforcement - the driver had no clue there was a person trapped in his door.

The Ressurrected One
05-15-2005, 06:31 PM
You guys give me a situtation where a cop is supposed to open up a suspects car door and put himself in danger.
Who said the cop opened the door?

Now, I'm not an expert on police procedure by any means, but I can't think of any situation where a cop doesn't ask the person in question to step out of the vehicle instead of opening a door for this very reason.
Well, I know of a few situations where the officer would open the door -- but, that doesn't mean this is what happened here. And, besides, how the door got opened is of less consequence than at what point it was closed.

I suspect the violator was asked to exit the vehicle and when it became apparent to the officer that he was contemplating rabbitting, and yes there is an intuition that kicks in - you can see it on the person's face - the officer went for the ignition key, (instead of drawing his weapon and ordering the man out of the vehicle because, well it was just a perv.). The person then slammed the door and tried to speed off...everything after that was probably a slow-motion blur to both of them.

cherylsteele
05-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Oh please. You're saying you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder if you had your hand caught in a door and the driver took off?

I never said I wouldn't scream...we are talking about an officer....we have no idea according to the artcile in question.

Preceding sentence in my post, "I'll make an assumption here..."

And you rake posters over the coals for doing the same?

But, even if it didn't, I can assure you the constable didn't reach for his gun first. He tried to free his hand, and after being unsuccessful, he started trying to stop the car.

And how do you know this...you just said you were assuming....you can't guarantee what may have happened in the heat of the moment.

You're making the assumption the masturbator just took off.

I never said that.....don't put words in my mouth/post.

Oh please. You're saying you wouldn't be screaming bloody murder if you had your hand caught in a door and the driver took off?

I would....but we aren't talking about me are in this incident are we?

How clear is your head while your pinned to a moving, accelerating vehicle? If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's the cop.

I am not doubting the officer's actions....but you do know when an incident like this happens questions will be made along with the officer being routinely investigated.

STOP CHERYL! STOP, I'M FUCKING TRAPPED IN THE DOOR!!!?" Are you that dense and unaware?

Again you assume the officer actually yelled.......if it was me you would not catch me doing something personal like that in a parking lot in the place.....so it would not have happened.....but I would have stopped if it was me.....unless you were a car-jacker or something.

It was mentioned that the officer was OFF-DUTY......if he was out of uniform how do not know that the suspect thought that the officer was not some kind of hijacker something.....since you want to speculate.
I could have happened just the way you say....but we don't know this do we?
We have no idea of the officer actually follow the proper procedure....that should be figured out in the near future.

The Ressurrected One
05-15-2005, 09:33 PM
I never said I wouldn't scream...we are talking about an officer....we have no idea according to the artcile in question.
Having viewed a few such videos, taken from the dash cams of patrol vehicles, I'm relatively certain the constable was screaming...

And you rake posters over the coals for doing the same?
Hey, at least I preceded the statement with the caveat it was an assumption...no one else did. I felt there was balance needed. Sue me.

And how do you know this...you just said you were assuming....you can't guarantee what may have happened in the heat of the moment.
Once again, experience. There was no reason to reach for his gun until he felt threatened. I suspect that had he reached for his gun instead of putting his hand in a position to be trapped, everyone would be alive..

I never said that.....don't put words in my mouth/post.
Fine, but the general consensus in the forum seems to be this all happened in a matter of seconds. I personally believe it happened over the course of at least a couple of minutes.

I would....but we aren't talking about me are in this incident are we?
Yeah, well, we're all human.

I am not doubting the officer's actions....but you do know when an incident like this happens questions will be made along with the officer being routinely investigated.
Seems to me the majority of the board was jumping to the conclusion the officer acted inappropriately. "sneaking up on," and such...

Again you assume the officer actually yelled.......if it was me you would not catch me doing something personal like that in a parking lot in the place.....so it would not have happened.....but I would have stopped if it was me.....unless you were a car-jacker or something.
I'd bet the masturbator's life on my belief the officer yelled...

It was mentioned that the officer was OFF-DUTY......if he was out of uniform how do not know that the suspect thought that the officer was not some kind of hijacker something.....since you want to speculate.
I could have happened just the way you say....but we don't know this do we?
We have no idea of the officer actually follow the proper procedure....that should be figured out in the near future.
State Troopers and Austin Peace Officers work off-duty jobs in their uniforms. You'll probably find that's the case in San Antonio as well.

I think my understanding of the incident will be found to be closer to reality that yours...that's all.

King
05-15-2005, 10:24 PM
unless you were a car-jacker or something.

bahahaha...car jacker.

On another note, your "well...yeah....I would scream, but how do we know that he was screaming? How did the guy know there was a 185 lb man hanging from his car?" points are pretty asinine. I know if a pebble bounces off the car when I'm driving...I damn sure know if a person is dragging alongside it.

Useruser666
05-16-2005, 08:36 AM
All these arguments are based off assumptions. I'm sure the guy wacking off didn't expect to be shot in the head, and I'm sure the cop didn't expect to be dragged by the car or shoot a guy in the head when they started their respective days.

Clandestino
05-16-2005, 08:50 AM
another possible scenario:

cop asks dude to step out of the car, dude refuses, cop attempts to arrest, dude slams door on car tries to drive away, cop shoots dude in head..

i love how many posters in here always side with the perpetrators in here. whether it is a child rapist, murderer, whatever... the criminal always get the support from many in here...

SpursWoman
05-16-2005, 10:51 AM
i love how many posters in here always side with the perpetrators in here. whether it is a child rapist, murderer, whatever... the criminal always get the support from many in here...

I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Funny how someone with a prior gets caught....again.....it's always the law enforcement official that just has to be the one who somehow fucked up or acted inappropriately.

And "snuck up" on him? Oh, please. The guy was jacking off. You probably could have came at him with a marching band from a mile off and he wouldn't have noticed. :lol

:lmao @ car-jacking, btw.

MannyIsGod
05-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Who's siding with him?

Like I said, I'm not a cop, but I think he fucked up. According to RO, the cop may have done what he did because "he was just jerking off". Last time I checked, my mexican ass has been thrown into the back of a police car during a traffic stop before for no reason other than a cops "saftey", yet now cops are making judgement calls about people they know nothing about?

Yeah, I'm not siding with the guy in any way, and he's the only one to blame in this situation. But you're mistaken if you think the cop took the right move in this situation. If the guy refused to come out of his vehicle, he should have pulled his weapon on him and called for backup instead of putting himself in danger by assuming the guy wasn't dangerous. Because well, it turned out he was.

I simply don't see a scenario where you put yourself in danger like the cop did is part of protocall. And I the outcome of the actions makes my point pretty damn well.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 11:42 AM
Who's siding with him?

Like I said, I'm not a cop, but I think he fucked up. According to RO, the cop may have done what he did because "he was just jerking off". Last time I checked, my mexican ass has been thrown into the back of a police car during a traffic stop before for no reason other than a cops "saftey", yet now cops are making judgement calls about people they know nothing about?

Yeah, I'm not siding with the guy in any way, and he's the only one to blame in this situation. But you're mistaken if you think the cop took the right move in this situation. If the guy refused to come out of his vehicle, he should have pulled his weapon on him and called for backup instead of putting himself in danger by assuming the guy wasn't dangerous. Because well, it turned out he was.
Nice Monday-morning quarterbacking there, Manny.

I simply don't see a scenario where you put yourself in danger like the cop did is part of protocall. And I the outcome of the actions makes my point pretty damn well.
Every scenario puts a cop in danger. There are no routine suspect contacts...

MannyIsGod
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Aren't we all Monday Morning quaterbacking? What else do you call what everyone is doing in here?

I realize that cops are in danger on a regular basis, but thats exactly why they have the procedures they have. It's done in order to minimize danger.

Anyhow, I've made the point, arguing it any further would be redundent.

2centsworth
05-16-2005, 12:04 PM
Aren't we all Monday Morning quaterbacking? What else do you call what everyone is doing in here?

I realize that cops are in danger on a regular basis, but thats exactly why they have the procedures they have. It's done in order to minimize danger.

Manny is just continuing his chronic cyncism of white people and government.

Useruser666
05-16-2005, 12:26 PM
From the facts stated in the article, there is nothing that says the cop did anything wrong. He could have gone "Lethal Weapon" on the guy, or followed every procedure in the book. We don't know either way.

MannyIsGod
05-16-2005, 12:30 PM
:lmao

I didn't say a damn thing about the crackas, or government for that matter. I questioned the actions of an individual, geez.

Extra Stout
05-16-2005, 12:34 PM
The story is short on details. I find it interesting that people subconsciously fill in the blanks in ways consistent with their political beliefs, in order to make this look either like a justifiable shooting or a case of police brutality. Good mental exercise.

SpursWoman
05-16-2005, 12:38 PM
All I know is Alamo Heights Little League was ablaze with the story (the fields are very close to the Quarry). It was funny watching the Gucci moms whispering the details in each others ears.....

"OMG! He was masturbating in the parking lot!?!?!?"

It's very sad, regardless....and a stupid way for 2 people to be seriously hurt & killed.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 12:45 PM
Well, as for me, I was offering reasonable, logical, and historically accurate alternative scenarios to the knee-jerk bullshit coming out in some of the initial posts.

Procedures only go so far in real life. There are exceptions to every rule and no rules for most exceptions.

d'okie dokie.

MannyIsGod
05-16-2005, 12:51 PM
The story is short on details. I find it interesting that people subconsciously fill in the blanks in ways consistent with their political beliefs, in order to make this look either like a justifiable shooting or a case of police brutality. Good mental exercise.
One person was doing that. I don't think anyone else is arguing that it wasn't a justifiable shooting.

Clandestino
05-16-2005, 01:15 PM
Who's siding with him?

if the cop had pullled his gun to get him out of his car for jacking off manny would be the first person to say it was bullshit and excessive force.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 01:52 PM
i mean, the bottomline is, somehow the cop fucked up real bad to get himself hurt and the other guy dead
Why would it necessarily translate into a fuck up by the cop?

Contrary to popular belief among idiots, criminals do not all behave in a prescribed or predictable manner.

Your premise discounts the fate of the state trooper who, after pulling over an elderly man for a seat belt violation, never finished his traffic stop radio call-in before he was being fired upon by that same old man with an assault rifle.

Your premise discounts the fate of the city officer who after wrestling an enraged man off his nearly unconscious wife is stabbed in the neck by the woman he just rescued.

oh, and just to be clear, j-ing it a parking lot is not something one should be doing
Something you learned from experience?

Useruser666
05-16-2005, 01:53 PM
i agree with manny on
how in the fuck did the cop get his hand in an open car door

i don't understand

was the guy's window broken or something and he couldn't roll it down?

also, the jackoffer must have been driving Real Real slow if the cop was able to free himself from the car, shoot himself in the hand, and then shoot the jackoffer in the head

seems to me that the cop got 'flustrated' (to use a term coined by my hs football coach) bc he got his hand slammed in the door (probably bc of his own stupidity), so he whipped out his gun and managed to shoot himself inthe hand..this probably pissed him off/freaked him out, and he just aimed at the guys head and that's ghost

that's my mm qb take on the whole thing

as someone said earlier, why didn't he get the license plate number
the jacker would've been Fucked for 'assaulting an officer' and 'evading arrest'

See the problem that has been haunting this thread is that people don't know what the hell happened and still take huge leaps in adding what they think happened.

The officer didn't free himself and then shot the suspect. The officer's hand was stuck in the door while the suspect was trying to flee in the car. The officer tried to free himself and then went for his gun. While he was being dragged the officer first shot himself and then the suspect in the head. From the article I gathered all the shots were fired while the officer was being dragged. I don't think it's very easy to shot someone while your being dragged by a car with your hand slammed in the door! The cop may not have even been aiming for the suspects head, or maybe he was. Does anyone think this was an instance of a cop walking up to a guy and just shooting him in the head?

Here's a senario:

Someone sees a guy exposing himself at a shopping center.

They report it to an off duty cop who is working security at a nearby shop.

The cop goes over and sees they guy as pointed out by the original witness.

The cop goes over and confronts the individual.

The cop identifies himself to the suspect, and asks him to step out of his vehicle.

The man refuses and/ or is unresponsive.

The cop again calls the man out of his car.

The man ignores the cop, and is moving around on the front seat.

The cop approaches the driver side door and opens it, calling the suspect to exit the vehicle.

The man tries to start the car and the officer goes for the keys.

The man is able to get the car in gear and begins to drag the cop as he tries to flee. While the cop is holding on, trying not to slip, the man slams the car door on the cops hand. This pins the cop to the car.

The cop tries to get his hand free, but it is stuck and he is being dragged by the car.

With his free hand, the cop draws his weapon and fires hitting his own and once.

The cop fires a second time striking the man driving the car in the head.

The car comes to a stop after hitting an obsticle.

The man at the wheel is dead and the cop has suffered several injuries.

Now that story is just as possible as any other. Of course it coul have been a cop walked up to the guy, opened his car door and tried to give him an extra hand. The guy freaked and the cop tried shooting him, but shot himself once in the process. I'd wait for more info on this one.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 01:56 PM
i agree with manny on
how in the fuck did the cop get his hand in an open car door

i don't understand

was the guy's window broken or something and he couldn't roll it down?

also, the jackoffer must have been driving Real Real slow if the cop was able to free himself from the car, shoot himself in the hand, and then shoot the jackoffer in the head
Who said the officer's hand was freed before he started firing? I suspect he was still trapped in the door which his why he shot himself in the hand and the perp in the head. It's hard to aim while you're being drug along side a car, screaming, and praying not to die.

seems to me that the cop got 'flustrated' (to use a term coined by my hs football coach) bc he got his hand slammed in the door (probably bc of his own stupidity), so he whipped out his gun and managed to shoot himself inthe hand..this probably pissed him off/freaked him out, and he just aimed at the guys head and that's ghost

that's my mm qb take on the whole thing
Well, at least we know how an idiot thinks.

as someone said earlier, why didn't he get the license plate number
the jacker would've been Fucked for 'assaulting an officer' and 'evading arrest'
I'm betting he already had the license plate number...

Clandestino
05-16-2005, 01:56 PM
my main problem is that no one here knows what happened and yet they side with the criminal! dumbasses!

bigzak25
05-16-2005, 02:11 PM
no one is 'siding with the criminal' fellas.

the constable fucked up by putting himself in a position to get his hand caught in the first place. he's shot and the suspect is dead because of it.

it's over now, but i doubt law enforcement will be using this case as an example of "what to do when you catch a pervert in the parking lot" anytime soon.

Bandit2981
05-16-2005, 02:17 PM
it's over now, but i doubt law enforcement will be using this case as an example of "what to do when you catch a pervert in the parking lot" anytime soon.
Reasons not to Masturbate:
1. You'll go blind
2. You'll grow hair on your palms
3. A cop will shoot you in the head
:smokin

Clandestino
05-16-2005, 02:18 PM

the constable fucked up by putting himself in a position to get his hand caught in the first place. he's shot and the suspect is dead because of it.

sounds like YOU are siding with the criminal big fell.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 02:19 PM

You know, he ceased being a pervert and took on the new, improved title of "attempted capital murderer," when he depressed the accelerator.

I'd say it very well could be used to demonstrate how to survive such a circumstance.

Useruser666
05-16-2005, 02:38 PM

How do you know the cop screwed up? Has every cop that has gotten shot or attacked, screwed up? This case is a perfect example of how dangerous it is to be a cop and how anything can happen at anytime.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Reasons not to Masturbate:
1. You'll go blind
2. You'll grow hair on your palms
3. A cop will shoot you in the head
:smokin
You seem particularly captivated by what he was doing when the constable approached as opposed to what he was doing when the constable shot him.

I'm sensing a theme in all your posts today Bandit...

King
05-16-2005, 02:48 PM
For what it's worth, here's his porter loring obituary. The married with a young child makes it so much stranger.

http://obit.porterloring.com/obit_display.cgi?id=221779&listing=Current

And while I doubt I need to say this, nobody be an ass and post in the guestbook.

bigzak25
05-16-2005, 02:53 PM
user, i agree that a cops job is undoubtedly tough and dangerously unpredictable.

this is in fact why i think the constable made an error.

from what i've read, and i've only read the article, the fact is, the cop got his hand caught.

from what i've seen on cops and such, cuz i don't have any law enforcement experience, the suspects are always told to keep hands where they can see them. turn off the vehicle. sometimes to step out of the vehicle.

if failure to comply? backup should be called. why? because this job is dangerously unpredictable and you are not to take chances unless you feel that there is immenent danger to the public. if facts come out that this was the case, i'll gladly retract.

i think it was an error in judgement on the officers part to approach and try to get access to the inside of the vehicle.

was he wrong to shoot the suspect after the fact? not at all.

Useruser666
05-16-2005, 03:31 PM
i don't see how, in a confrontation involving an armed police officer vs. a guy in a car, that the situation can end up with the officer with a self-inflicted gunshot wound and the other guy with a bullet in the head than if Somehow (try to wrap your mind around this one neo-cons) the police officer fucked up.

Then how did the cop fuck up?

Useruser666
05-16-2005, 03:41 PM
user, i agree that a cops job is undoubtedly tough and dangerously unpredictable.

this is in fact why i think the constable made an error.

from what i've read, and i've only read the article, the fact is, the cop got his hand caught.

from what i've seen on cops and such, cuz i don't have any law enforcement experience, the suspects are always told to keep hands where they can see them. turn off the vehicle. sometimes to step out of the vehicle.

if failure to comply? backup should be called. why? because this job is dangerously unpredictable and you are not to take chances unless you feel that there is immenent danger to the public. if facts come out that this was the case, i'll gladly retract.

i think it was an error in judgement on the officers part to approach and try to get access to the inside of the vehicle.

was he wrong to shoot the suspect after the fact? not at all.

I understand what you are saying about procedure. But I don't know from what I've heard that he didn't follow procedure. Cops ask people to step out of their vehicles all the time. When people don't follow instructions they usually use different tactics or more force. I'm sure more info will come out about this after an investigation.

SpursWoman
05-16-2005, 03:44 PM
For what it's worth, here's his porter loring obituary. The married with a young child makes it so much stranger.

http://obit.porterloring.com/obit_display.cgi?id=221779&listing=Current

And while I doubt I need to say this, nobody be an ass and post in the guestbook.

He looks really, really familiar..... :wow :wow

Extra Stout
05-16-2005, 03:46 PM
We should keep in mind that this was a constable and not a police officer.

Constables are elected officials. They do not necessarily have really good training in law enforcement.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 03:53 PM
We should keep in mind that this was a constable and not a police officer.

Constables are elected officials. They do not necessarily have really good training in law enforcement.
Was he 'the' Constable? Or an officer in the Constable's office. Because, these days, most officers -- except for the actual elected ones (Sheriff, Constable, Marshall, etc...) -- have law enforcement training; including those serving under a Constable.

But, you do raise a valid point.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 03:54 PM
He looks really, really familiar..... :wow :wow
Ruh Ro Rastro!

Actually, he looks like a grown-up Ernie from "My Three Sons." Beautiful family...how sad for them.

The Ressurrected One
05-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Bizarre incident at Quarry leads to death (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/stories/MYSA051405.1A.quarry_shooting.270b564a3.html)

Green was charged with indecent exposure in 2002 and then received deferred adjudication, wiping the charge from his record after serving probation. A second 2002 indecency exposure charge, involving a child, was dismissed.

What if this constable ended the life of a future child molester/predator? Not a bad deal, if you ask me.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Another shooting in the Quarry parking lot, this one just after midnight, took a man's life in February 2002.

Virginia Garza, 40, was walking out of Bally's gym at the Quarry that night in 2002 when she ran into the crime scene and on Friday she was walking out of a movie with her daughter when she saw the circle of tape and throng of police cars.

"Oh no, not again," she thought.

Sounds like Ms. Garza needs to stay the hell away from the Quarry.

SpursWoman
05-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Sounds like Ms. Garza needs to stay the hell away from the Quarry.

That's my gym, too.....I guess there is some justification for not going for a while. :oops

But unless she works there, they close at 11:00. :fro

Gatita
05-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Poor guy. Saw a pic of him and his family. I feel bad for them. It was a shameful way to die.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2005, 02:32 PM
Big Zak, you get it. Some people in here just don't.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2005, 02:34 PM
I have a question for some of you.

What would be the better scenario:

A. What actually happend

or

B. The Cop never puts himself in a position to get his hand caught. In fact, the officer pulls his gun on the suspect, asks him to get out, but the man just flees. He gets away clean except that the constable wrote down his plate number. No one dies, no one gets shot, but the suspect does get away.

So, which one is better?

Clandestino
05-17-2005, 02:40 PM
i love it how manny is always is pro-criminal.

The Ressurrected One
05-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I have a question for some of you.

What would be the better scenario:

A. What actually happend

or

B. The Cop never puts himself in a position to get his hand caught. In fact, the officer pulls his gun on the suspect, asks him to get out, but the man just flees. He gets away clean except that the constable wrote down his plate number. No one dies, no one gets shot, but the suspect does get away.

So, which one is better?
Well, seeing as how most officers would be royally raked over the coals of public opinion if they drew down on a misdemeanor suspect, I'd say your scenario #2 is unrealistic and unlikely.

Which, incidentally, leaves us with Option "A." since you didn't provide a third hypothetical.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Officers draw their weaspons in misdomeanor traffic stops all the time. But I don't expect you to actualy say what should be said. I expect you to squirm your way to something else, like that.

Oh, and I love it how Clandestino lacks the sixth grade reading comprehension nessecary to understand the difference between being on the criminals side and thinking the cop made a mistake. You're either with us or against us, right?

Clandestino
05-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Officers draw their weaspons in misdomeanor traffic stops all the time. But I don't expect you to actualy say what should be said. I expect you to squirm your way to something else, like that.

Oh, and I love it how Clandestino lacks the sixth grade reading comprehension nessecary to understand the difference between being on the criminals side and thinking the cop made a mistake. You're either with us or against us, right?

and i love manny's college reading level, but 3rd grade spelling level! :lmao

The Ressurrected One
05-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Officers draw their weaspons in misdomeanor traffic stops all the time.
That would be ridiculously irresponsible. I think you need to check with your local law enforcement agency and see if that's SOP; because, if it's the case in San Antonio, it's amazing you don't have at least 1 officer-involved shooting a day.

But I don't expect you to actualy say what should be said. I expect you to squirm your way to something else, like that.
So, what should be said? That the officer did what he felt was necessary to preserve his own life and to prevent the fleeing felon from harming anyone else? Mission accomplished.

Well, that's an equally sophomoric response...if not more so. I think it could be said that you've expressed more compassion toward the deceased than the officer...you've certainly let your doubt bias you toward wrongdoing on the officer's part as opposed to that of the masturbator.

MasterYoda
05-17-2005, 03:52 PM

Bandit2981
05-17-2005, 04:32 PM
i used to think Manny was a pretty cool guy, but thanks to this forum and such intelligent posters as Clandestino and The Ressurrected One, i now realize Manny is anti-american, pro-terrorist, pro-criminal, anti-police, and hates the military! he had been fooling me the whole time! :rolleyes

Clandestino
05-17-2005, 04:38 PM
i used to think Manny was a pretty cool guy, but thanks to this forum and such intelligent posters as Clandestino and The Ressurrected One, i now realize Manny is anti-american, pro-terrorist, pro-criminal, anti-police, and hates the military! he had been fooling me the whole time! :rolleyes

what took you so long?

The Ressurrected One
05-17-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, you know what they say,..."Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice..."

Bandit2981
05-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, you know what they say,..."Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice..."
is this a Bush joke?

The Ressurrected One
05-17-2005, 05:02 PM
is this a Bush joke?
Nope. Are you monologuing a vagina?

Extra Stout
05-17-2005, 05:09 PM
Uh... can't be fooled again.

Bandit2981
05-17-2005, 05:31 PM
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me —uh...you can't get fooled again!"

- George W. "Scrub" Bush (just for you Vagin, er, Yoni) :lol

The Ressurrected One
05-17-2005, 07:49 PM
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me —uh...you can't get fooled again!"

- George W. "Scrub" Bush (just for you Vagin, er, Yoni) :lol
:lmao I'd never heard that!

MannyIsGod
05-18-2005, 08:36 AM
I think it could be said that you've expressed more compassion toward the deceased than the officer...you've certainly let your doubt bias you toward wrongdoing on the officer's part as opposed to that of the masturbator.

Now, what was I saying about reading comprehension?

I'm off to read my Al Queda manual again.

Useruser666
05-18-2005, 08:53 AM
I fail to see where the cop wasn't following procedure or where anyone has said he did anything wrong. Can someone point out to me where the cop actually failed? All we know from the case is the raw basics. We know nothing of the details of the events that happened. Maybe the cop did everything he was supposed to do? Maybe the guy wasn't trying to flee and maybe he was trying to kill the cop? Of course that never happens!

The Ressurrected One
05-18-2005, 09:04 AM
Now, what was I saying about reading comprehension?

I'm off to read my Al Queda manual again.

Nice try Mohammed...

You couched your faux defense of the officer's actions with these two statements:

"There was poor judgement all around here."

That, to me anyway, equivocates the actions of the masturbator with those of the officer. But, this is the kicker:

"However, the cop also made bad judgement in how he handled the situation. He should never have been in a position to get his hand stuck in the door in that manner. Whether he snuck up on him, confronted him outright, it doesn't matter. He was obviously overzealous with illusions of dragging this guy off to jail."
You have absolutely no basis in fact to make that characterization of the officer's actions or judgement.

Sorry, you're not exonerated.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2005, 09:35 AM
That, to me anyway, equivocates the actions of the masturbator with those of the officer. But, this is the kicker:

Oh then that MUST make it so. Reading Rainbow was a wonderful show. They should make some people in here watch it. Where is Lavar when you need him?

MannyIsGod
05-18-2005, 09:39 AM
Let me clarify a bit further for those of you who are reading challenged. :)

I have no problem with the resolution to this situation because the man should not have:

a) been masterbating in a fucking parking lot (although I don't think you deserve to die for that, and I'm pretty sure even people like Clandestino don't think that either)

b) sure as hell should not have run from a cop, especialy when said cop as in his door.

I do however, think it could have been handled differently. Like someone above said, I don't think anyone is going to be using this as a textbook example of what to do in this situation.

The Ressurrected One
05-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Let me clarify a bit further for those of you who are reading challenged. :)

I have no problem with the resolution to this situation because the man should not have:

a) been masterbating in a fucking parking lot (although I don't think you deserve to die for that, and I'm pretty sure even people like Clandestino don't think that either)
a) He didn't die because he was masturbating. He died because he attempted to murder a peace officer and it was the force necessary to stop the threat.

b) sure as hell should not have run from a cop, especialy when said cop as in his door.

I do however, think it could have been handled differently. Like someone above said, I don't think anyone is going to be using this as a textbook example of what to do in this situation.
Of course you think it could have been handled differently. Your a liberal with no concept of the dangers faced by peace officers.

It could (and you could have just as easily said this) be used to demonstrate how to survive a routine stop that rapidly escalates into attempted capital murder.

Useruser666
05-18-2005, 09:59 AM
I don't know if this is a text book situation or not, because I DON'T KNOW enough of what happened to make that call. It may very well be discussed about what to/not do in a situation like this.

Clandestino
05-18-2005, 10:04 AM
no, he didn't deserve for jacking of in public. however the instant he put the constable's life in danger he deserved to get shot.

i knew a cop who was trying to make a routine arrest on two guys trying to steal cartons of cigarettes. somehow when the cop was out the driver tried to run the mp over. cop killed the driver. the guy died, not because he was stealing cigarettes, but because he tried to kill an mp. mp got off with no punishment.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Some of you manage to turn everying into a Liberal (which I'm not) v Conservative thing.

samikeyp
05-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Man Shot In Head At Quarry Market Dies

Good. More oxygen for me.

3rdCoast
05-18-2005, 12:46 PM
I dont care. I would have shot him anyways if I am the cop. Kill him now and save some little boy or girl the trouble of being rapped by this sicko in a few years. The world is better off without him.

The Ressurrected One
05-18-2005, 03:08 PM
Some of you manage to turn everying into a Liberal (which I'm not) v Conservative thing.
Because ideology drives thought which drives words which drives actions...
Oh, and Manny, sorry to break this to you...but, you are a bleeding heart liberal.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2005, 07:16 PM
Because ideology drives thought which drives words which drives actions...
Oh, and Manny, sorry to break this to you...but, you are a bleeding heart liberal.Really? Break down my beliefs and tell me what they are oh wise one.

The Ressurrected One
05-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Really? Break down my beliefs and tell me what they are oh wise one.
Sorry, that's between you and your psychiatrist.

Clandestino
05-18-2005, 10:10 PM

The Ressurrected One
05-19-2005, 12:50 AM
Good catch Clandestino. I failed to notice he didn't deny being a Conservative...

MannyIsGod
05-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm not a conservative. But, I see the brightest minds in the forum have me figured out. Cookie cutter this, cookie cutter that

Clandestino
05-19-2005, 11:56 AM
i thought it was hilarious you trying to say that you weren't a liberal.

MannyIsGod
05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
i thought it was hilarious you trying to say that you weren't a liberal.
I'm not. You really don't understand my political ideology; not that I expect someone who has trouble seeing things in more than 2 dimensions to understand that.

Clandestino
05-19-2005, 12:36 PM
I'm not. You really don't understand my political ideology; not that I expect someone who has trouble seeing things in more than 2 dimensions to understand that.

ummm...let's see, you are

PRO:
rapists, pedophiles, parking lot jack-offers
death to babies

Against:
death for rapists, pedophiles, etc...
local law enforcement.

awesome idealogy.

The Ressurrected One
05-19-2005, 12:57 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious that I'm not a conservative.
And yet, you believe your identification as a liberal is possible enough to state you're not one? That would tend to nullify your rants about being called a liberal.

But, I see the brightest minds in the forum have me figured out. Cookie cutter this, cookie cutter that
Well, as long as you see it; that's all we can ask.

MannyIsGod
05-19-2005, 01:12 PM
ummm...let's see, you are

PRO:
rapists, pedophiles, parking lot jack-offers
death to babies

Against:
death for rapists, pedophiles, etc...
local law enforcement.

awesome idealogy.
Case in point about the 2 dimensional thinking ability.

MannyIsGod
05-19-2005, 01:20 PM
And yet, you believe your identification as a liberal is possible enough to state you're not one? That would tend to nullify your rants about being called a liberal.
Explained above.

Well, as long as you see it; that's all we can ask.
Oh, I think most people here see it. It's not just me. We all recognize genius when we see it.

The Ressurrected One
05-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Explained above.
Good enough. I'll keep labeling as I want and you can keep whining all you want.

How's that?

Oh, I think most people here see it. It's not just me. We all recognize genius when we see it.
Yeah, I'm sure. Now, can we get off your self-esteem issues and back onto the discussion?

MannyIsGod
05-19-2005, 03:06 PM
You can always label me as you want, as can anyone else. However, it's pretty foolish, and if me pointing that out constitutes whining, then so be it.

And unless you've decided to start thinking differently, this discussion end some time ago.

Useruser666
05-19-2005, 03:11 PM
You can always label me as you want, as can anyone else. However, it's pretty foolish, and if me pointing that out constitutes whining, then so be it.

And unless you've decided to start thinking differently, this discussion end some time ago.

Damnit Manny, you keep spiking the ball into the net! :lol

MannyIsGod
05-19-2005, 03:44 PM
:lol

Tiffkneez
07-11-2005, 08:02 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude slammed the police officers hand in the car door and tried to leave with the police officer stuck in the door, dragging him behind.

I want you to know that it was MY BROTHER that was killed that day by the "off-duty constable." He was a kind, gentle guy with a great heart. He left behind a loving family as well as a 16-month old son. It greatly upsets me to read someone referring to him as a "Shitbird." For your information--you CERTAINLY should not take everything for granted--especially when you read it in the SA Express News. I for one know a GREAT deal about my brother's history (as you obviously DO NOT)--he was NEVER NEVER NEVER caught with indecency with a child in his entire LIFE! I will tell you that "previous claim" which was (if you would've read the article) was completely utterly dismissed and his record was subsequently CLEARED as a result--it was a case of mistaken identity and it involved a 17-year-old GIRL (not a child, but Texas law required it to state "child" since she was younger than 18). It really ticks me-off that "shitbirds" like you read the paper and immediately assume everything that is written to be 100% accurate and true. My brother lost his fricken life that day--and--by-the-way, there was absolutely NO EVIDENCE to suggest that he was fondling himself--he had his pants down--maybe he spilled coffee???? By-the-way, can you honestly say that there's never been a time in YOUR entire life that you haven't had your clothes off in a car????? Hmmmmm? And, why on earth would the ignorant "constable" open the fricken DOOR--since the point would be to shield the public from my brother's privates????? Idiot....he's the "bad rubbish" as are YOU--you ignorant asshole jerk-off!

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 08:13 PM
i was on his side...
as far as not deserving to get shot
even if he was rubbing one out

exstatic
07-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Clandestino is our resident "Good little German". Everything is OK with him as long as the man says it is. Dude has the imagination and interpretive thought of a turnip.

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 08:24 PM
im sorry about your brother
thats why i dont like cops

Tiffkneez
07-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks--I honestly believe that had it been an actual "cop" instead of an "off-duty constable" (aka "rent-a-cop" who takes a 2-day course to earn the right to carrry a weapon at a crowded shopping center)--my brother would be alive today. It sucks that so many people are taking the story from the SA Express News as the entire truth. There were many witnesses that described the scene to various reporters and stated that the officer "managed to free himself from the car before reaching-in and shooting my brother in the head." What really stinks is that although there were several eyewitnesses on the scene, since it was a "member of law enforcement" involved--the police are only going to report the testimonies of those that make the "officer" look better. For everyone's information--the "off-duty constable" has only had the gig for a little over a year now and he's already taken a human life. My brother was the Manager of a thriving Pizza Hut in San Antonio had a lovely wife and an absolutely beautiful baby son--this "off-duty constable" took that life--I think it's absoultely telling that many "members of law enforcement" go their entire careers without taking a life and this asshole ended my brother's life without a second thought. I wonder if anyone is concerned that "off-duty constables" are going around shooting several shots-off in busy shopping centers where there are the potential deaths of innocent by-standers? What if I was there with my two young daughters in the parking lot--what if one of the bullets he fired hit me or one of my daughters? He certainly wasn't following procedure--should've got the plates, phoned them in and then be DONE with it--No--he was certainly trying to "show off" or something--probably on a power trip!

JoePublic
07-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss but I back to Blue.

mookie2001
07-11-2005, 08:52 PM
^ sounds good until
they totally ignore the laws and fuck you over like me
or
kill you for no reason

Tiffkneez
07-11-2005, 08:59 PM
I think these "off-duty constables" are the worst in that respect. The problem is that they are not "actual cops" and many have a chip on their shoulders as a result. Most of them are not properly and adequately educated as to appropriate procedures and are subsequently ignorant to the "law." The result is: Ignorant, power-hungry morons with a quick finger on the trigger--scary stuff if you ask me!

Johnny Tightlips
07-11-2005, 10:34 PM
who says i been killin' people because i carry a gun instead of a big cock?

scott
07-11-2005, 10:38 PM
I question the need to bump such a thread.

Johnny Tightlips
07-11-2005, 10:43 PM
who says i been bumpin' threads?

Vashner
07-11-2005, 11:12 PM
If your loved one was an officer then you would want them to come home at the end of the day. I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.