PDA

View Full Version : Blazers talk Fernandez with Raptors and Rockets

djohn2oo8
06-23-2010, 09:19 PM
The Portland Trail Blazers continue to have discussions with several teams about reserve guard Rudy Fernandez, who has fallen out of favor with Coach Nate McMillan and has been seeking a trade for almost a year. The most serious suitors at the moment are the Toronto Raptors and Houston Rockets, with Toronto offering its first-round pick, the 13th pick overall, as part of a package.

Chicago and Washington have also expressed interest in Fernandez, 25, who was acquired from Phoenix in 2007 on Draft night and signed with Portland the following summer. The Bulls would like to move their first-round pick, 17th overall, for Fernandez. The Wizards offered guard Nick Young for Fernandez but were turned down.

Earlier reports that the Knicks were serious contenders for Fernandez were overblown.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/23/fernandez.trade.rumors/

The Franchise
06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
He would be the perfect backup SG for our team and we've been interested in him for a while.

Yao/?
Scola/Hill
Ariza/Battier
Martin/Fernandez
Brooks/Lowry

Get it done Morey!!

djohn2oo8
06-23-2010, 09:32 PM
lol @ toronto willing to give up a lotto pick

JamStone
06-23-2010, 09:39 PM
The 13th pick in this draft isn't really that great of a pick. Rudy probably is worth more than the 13th.

duhoh
06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
The 13th pick in this draft isn't really that great of a pick. Rudy probably is worth more than the 13th.

heck yes. this guy can be a fantastic 6th man type of player given the minutes. he knows how to play well.

Darthkiller
06-23-2010, 10:18 PM
heck yes. this guy can be a fantastic 6th man type of player given the minutes. he knows how to play well.

the problem is that he wants to start. he wants out of portland becuase he cant start there with roy there.

Kevin Durant 35
06-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Does that team even make the playoffs?

If Yao plays like an All Star I suppose they will make the playoffs.

The Franchise
06-23-2010, 10:40 PM
the problem is that he wants to start. he wants out of portland becuase he cant start there with roy there.

He isn't wanting to leave because of not starting. He wants to leave because he hardly gets to play, and when he does he is being relegated to the three point line. A player with that high an IQ and skill level is bound to be frustrated in that role.

The Franchise
06-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Does that team even make the playoffs?

That team makes yours a bitch.

The Franchise
06-23-2010, 10:48 PM
If Yao plays like an All Star I suppose they will make the playoffs.

Your team only managed to beat us once for the first time in your existence without Yao, suffering multiple injuries, plus midseason trades (chemistry issues), so I wouldn't be talking shit. The Thunder will be back to being our full time bitch next year so recognize your place.

lil_penny
06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Rudy is a lot better then he played at the end of the year, he honestly hasn't been the same since the ariza foul and that would be pretty akward puting those tow on the same team lol.. rudy hasn't been utilized properly on the blazers in nates system he is basically only good for other players to pass the ball to for miracle end of shot clock bombs, and running off screens.. but he is a tremendous playmaker and passer with a very high b ball iq, who can slash but hasn't been able to much this last year, he can finish at the rim with lobs that I don't see how he's able to catch.. he a sparkplug off the bench when healthy and can really speed up the tempo and when he gets hot he can shoot with the best of them.

All in all I would hate to see this guy go.. especially for a 13th pick :(

lil_penny
06-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Rudy is a lot better then he played at the end of the year, he honestly hasn't been the same since the ariza foul and that would be pretty akward puting those tow on the same team lol.. rudy hasn't been utilized properly on the blazers in nates system he is basically only good for other players to pass the ball to for miracle end of shot clock bombs, and running off screens.. but he is a tremendous playmaker and passer with a very high b ball iq, who can slash but hasn't been able to much this last year, he can finish at the rim with lobs that I don't see how he's able to catch.. he a sparkplug off the bench when healthy and can really speed up the tempo and when he gets hot he can shoot with the best of them.

All in all I would hate to see this guy go.. especially for a 13th pick :(

Mel_13
06-23-2010, 11:10 PM
The word on Rudy is that if the Blazers don't get what they want, Paul Allen would rather have him rot on the bench then give him away

http://twitter.com/fisolanydn

lefty
06-23-2010, 11:12 PM
I love Rudy

Do it Colangelo :hungry:

Amuseddaysleeper
06-23-2010, 11:24 PM
The Raptors desperately need to move away from soft euro players, but considering they're one of the biggest jokes in the league, it's not surprising that they'll never learn.

Hedo's contract just might be the worst in the NBA right now

lefty
06-23-2010, 11:30 PM
The Raptors desperately need to move away from soft euro players, but considering they're one of the biggest jokes in the league, it's not surprising that they'll never learn.

Those Euros ARE soft !

The problem is that Colangelo and the other Italian fat guy (with the glasses, forgot his name) are trying to please Toronto's European community

It's all marketing :pctoss

Raptors need tougher guys, like Jarett Jack, that one has major cojones

SomeCallMeTim
06-24-2010, 12:01 AM
Blazers so close to realizing that dream of an all-Euro starting five.

Edward
06-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Doe Bryan Colangelo not recall a year ago when Rudy blockaded Turk signing with Portland because didn't wanna play with anyone who is Turkish? Good luck with that one you overrated P.O.S. GM.

Kai
06-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Battier for Rudy & Przybilla. Since Toronto wants Rudy we include him in a package for Bosh. Simple :lol

Also I hear Bosh shaved his head. not sure if I want him as badly now...

Kill_Bill_Pana
06-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Like I said here so many times. Rudy was always overrated. I told you before he came to NBA he was not even that good in Europe. Now you know the truth.

bostonguy
06-24-2010, 02:33 PM

Rashard Lewis says hi. The guy is making Kobe money and is nothing more than a jump shooter.