PDA

View Full Version : i just cant watch seinfeld anymore

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-24-2010, 02:20 AM
and about most of the other shows that are in reruns.

the fucking laugh track/auto laugh fake shit, whatever it is called, has ruined it and i despise it.

shows like the office and community, newer shows, that do not have that shit have changed tv forever. I hope they never use those laugh tracks again.

MiamiHeat
06-24-2010, 02:34 AM
nice job @ being an ignorant american

the office was running in the UK for years before the USA decided to copy it and show it here.

go watch UK television. they "changed tv forever" a long time ago.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Look you pasty ass racist, go fix 610 south so the blacks can move freely around Houston, once again.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2010, 03:35 AM
Sitcoms have been going without laugh tracks for decades -- it just used to be that they never seemed to last very long without them. Old Hanna-Barberra cartoons are the worst. I think they cheaped out and tried to make their own laugh tracks instead of buying from the local laugh track monopoly, and it shows.

Veterinarian
06-24-2010, 05:57 AM
tbh Seinfeld>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Office

Stringer_Bell
06-24-2010, 08:11 AM
shows like the office and community, newer shows, that do not have that shit have changed tv forever. I hope they never use those laugh tracks again.

I totally agree, The Office on US tv has totally changed the expectations of what is funny...so what is funny? Telegraphed punch-lines, awkward camera zoom-ins, and ripping-off lesser known pop culture phenomena for mainstream consumption and running the joke into the ground so John and Jane Doe have something "funny" to talk about tomorrow at the water cooler.

Community is pretty good tho. :downspin:

Drachen
06-24-2010, 08:34 AM

the fucking laugh track/auto laugh fake shit, whatever it is called, has ruined it and i despise it.

The laugh track is on Seinfeld so that at least there is SOME laughter while watching it.

Whisky Dog
06-24-2010, 08:37 AM
Anything but reality tv bullshit.

Luckily I just don't have time to watch much of anything besides Cowboys, Longhorns, Spurs, Always Sunny, Curb, and the occassional documentary or movie. I have no idea what a "new" show is like

Whisky Dog
06-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Honestly I never pay attention to a laugh track. It's never bothered me.

manufan10
06-24-2010, 08:44 AM
I don't even watch the new sitcoms. I'll stick to my reruns that come on TV Land or TBS. Way better programming, IMO.

Veterinarian
06-24-2010, 08:47 AM

lol reality TV. I don't need a laugh track for that post.

Nathan Explosion
06-24-2010, 09:59 AM

I always tell people that sports is the ultimate reality TV. I love watching Seinfeld reruns. It's gotten to the point where all I need is about 2 minutes to identify an episode.

But that show can make me laugh by just thinking about the episodes without actually seeing them. It was such a great show.

If I had to choose my favorite comedy on TV today, it would have to be It's Always Sunny. That show is too damn funny. Truth be told, I never got into Curb because I'm a poor mexican that doesn't have HBO. I bet if I started watching from the beginning like on Netflix or something, I'd probably like it. Actually, I've seen about one or two episodes what were pretty funny. Not totally hilarious, but funny. Then again, I'm sure there were tons of inside jokes and references to previous episodes that went totally over my head.

Oh, Gee!!
06-24-2010, 10:03 AM

seinfeld? did I take a hot tub time machine to 1996?

703 Spurz
06-24-2010, 10:09 AM
seinfeld? did I take a hot tub time machine to 1996?

Seeing as how it's still on TV to this day, no, no you didn't.

Leetonidas
06-24-2010, 10:16 AM
I don't mind Seinfeld's as much for some reason. When I became a regular pot user, I really started noticing that shit and it bugged the hell out of me. I can barely watch That 70s Show anymore. But Seinfeld...I dunno, their laughs seem more genuine and they're actually filming in front of a lot of people.

Fpoonsie
06-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Most overrated show...ever.

thispego
06-24-2010, 10:38 AM
laugh track? are you people morons? it's called a live studio audience. and seinfeld is better/worth more than all of your lives combined. Sorry to break it to you morans.

Oh, Gee!!
06-24-2010, 10:42 AM
Seeing as how it's still on TV to this day, no, no you didn't.

It's just taken the OP until 2010 to quit watching a show that ended 13 years ago, so I was confused.

btw: after 20 years of reruns, I'm done with MASH. That preachy Hawkeye really gets on my last nerve.

Nathan Explosion
06-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Seinfeld was filmed in front of a live studio audience. Forgot about that. There are clips in the Finale clip show that show Seinfeld doing his standup before a show to warm up the crowd. They also show clips of the cast bowing to the crowd after a taping of an episode.

PM5K
06-24-2010, 10:51 AM
btw: after 20 years of reruns, I'm done with MASH. That preachy Hawkeye really gets on my last nerve.

I know what you mean, but to me Father Mulcahy is the preachy one. I'm tired of his bullshit too though.

mrsmaalox
06-24-2010, 10:56 AM
They still play reruns of MASH? I had no idea! I thought I was light years behind because I just started watching My Name is Earl. I usually only watch sit coms when they are in syndication, never in primetime.

Nathan Explosion
06-24-2010, 11:00 AM
They still play reruns of MASH? I had no idea! I thought I was light years behind because I just started watching My Name is Earl. I usually only watch sit coms when they are in syndication, never in primetime.

You can stream My Name Is Earl on Netfilx instantly. That's the best way to watch a show if you want to catch up. No commercials and you can watch whenever you want for however long you want.

In the month of June I'm about to watch the entire 5 seasons of Weeds. About 5 episodes from done. I watch a lot when my kids are asleep. Either that or play MW2.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Seinfeld, funny? Huh. Who knew. I watch but it does nothing for me. At least Kramer made it interesting. His stuff in UHF and Transylvania 6500 was hilarious. Raduuuuuuuuuu!

JudynTX
06-24-2010, 01:09 PM
:wakeup I never watched from day one. Meh!

manufan10
06-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I still watch MASH too.. on Hallmark channel, almost every day. I love the old shows. :D

PM5K
06-24-2010, 01:24 PM
Whatever channel 54 is on TW plays MASH at 4AM.

LnGrrrR
06-24-2010, 01:44 PM
It's Always Sunny is consistently hilarious. My fave episode is the one that got me hooked, where to sleep in their apartment they eat cat food followed by a nice round of glue.

Fpoonsie
06-24-2010, 01:48 PM
:wakeup I never watched from day one. Meh!

:lol

Aww, Judy. Call me a stickler if ya want, but you can't follow a term of indifference w/ an exclamation. "Meh"'s the go-to word for complete apathy.

It'd be like me violently shrugging.

Blake
06-24-2010, 02:38 PM

Aww, Judy. Call me a stickler if ya want, but you can't follow a term of indifference w/ an exclamation. "Meh"'s the go-to word for complete apathy.

she probably meant "bah!"

but I kinda like "Meh!!!!!"

wasnt there a Seinfeld episode regarding exclamation points?

IronMexican
06-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Most overrated show...ever.

Get the fuck out.

da_suns_fan
06-24-2010, 02:41 PM

the office was running in the UK for years before the USA decided to copy it and show it here.

"Coupling" used a laugh track too.

The worst was "Unhappily ever after". Half of that show was just un-necessary applause and laughter.

SpursStalker
06-24-2010, 03:09 PM

3rd7j-aSqFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rd7j-aSqFU

lil'mo
06-24-2010, 03:15 PM
It's Always Sunny is consistently hilarious. My fave episode is the one that got me hooked, where to sleep in their apartment they eat cat food followed by a nice round of glue.

dude, if "the gang gets invincible" is not your favorite sunny episode, then there is seriously something wrong with you... or with your baby? :dramaquee

DisAsTerBot
06-24-2010, 03:59 PM

top of the muffin TO YOU!

DesignatedT
06-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Seinfeld will always be great.

JudynTX
06-24-2010, 04:56 PM

:flipoff WTF?

IronMexican
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
dude, if "the gang gets invincible" is not your favorite sunny episode, then there is seriously something wrong with you... or with your baby? :dramaquee

That's my favorite as well. Best comedy on TV, for sure.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Seinfeld is the shit, I own every episode on DVD and can still laugh at all of them. I don't understand how some people hate on Seinfeld but love watching the aborted fetus known as "friends" that tried really hard to be Seinfeld with younger people.

mrsmaalox
06-24-2010, 05:10 PM

That's my favorite as well. Best comedy on TV, for sure.

I think I got hooked during the 2nd season---the episodes with those McPoyle brothers and their hideous sister! :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
06-24-2010, 05:14 PM
I've seen many a kid do that.
Adults too.

IronMexican
06-24-2010, 05:15 PM
I think I got hooked during the 2nd season---the episodes with those McPoyle brothers and their hideous sister! :lol

I was watching the episode where the McPoyles take over the bar yesterday. Can't wait till the new season :tu

I dropped every other show besides Breaking Bad and this.

JoeChalupa
06-24-2010, 05:27 PM
I still watch my nightly Sienfeld. Never pay attention to laugh tracks much. Office is great and I've started watching everyone loves raymond. Never watched it when it was on.

LnGrrrR
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM

That's a good one too, but the thought of Danny DeVito rushing in to the apartment, quickly chowing down cat food and glue then grabbing his tummy and going to sleep without saying anything never fails to make me laugh. Never.

Oh, and I can't for the life of me understand why Friends was so popular. Every character was a blatant stereotype, and they pandered to the worst denominator with punchlines that were so telegraphed they might as well have said "Stop" after each sentence.

LnGrrrR
06-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Everyone Loves Raymond is only funny when his parents are on-screen. Everyone else sucks.

Fpoonsie
06-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Seinfeld is...shit...I...love watching..."friends"...really hard with younger people.

Agreed. Friends is pretty epic.

Fpoonsie
06-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh, and I can't for the life of me understand why Friends was so popular. Every character was a blatant stereotype, and they pandered to the worst denominator with punchlines that were so telegraphed they might as well have said "Stop" after each sentence.

I don't think you can really compare the two, though. Friends actually had a story line that you'd follow w/ actual cliffhanger season finale episodes. People CARED about the characters and what was going on. So even if the jokes weren't funny, there was other stuff to keep your interest.

Seinfeld had no such story line to speak of, so if the jokes weren't appealing to whomever, they had no other reason to watch.

I've never said that Friends was the funniest show ever, just my favorite for a VARIETY of reasons.

LnGrrrR
06-24-2010, 06:11 PM
People CARED about the characters and what was going on.

This is what I don't get. Why would people care? I mean, it's like caring about the cardboard cutout of Peyton Manning that they have at your local Best Buy hawking TVs. That's how one-dimensional these people were.

The ladies... let's see, you had the girl next door, the business/bitch, and the hippie/ditz. Then, you had the jock/dumbass, the 'funny guy', and the sensitive nerd. And while I didn't watch the show much, the few times I did, they never one played opposite to their stereotypes. I never saw Phoebe have an intelligent thought. Never saw Jennifer Aniston be selfish/bitchy. Never saw Schwimmer do anything requiring even a mild amount of courage. Etc etc.

The reason I like It's Always Sunny is because of its unpredictabillity. Are they almost all crazy? Sure. Are they realistic? Not really. But they are ANYTHING but predictable. Plus, the show's actually funny, so that helps.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2010, 06:15 PM
laugh track? are you people morons? it's called a live studio audience. and seinfeld is better/worth more than all of your lives combined. Sorry to break it to you morans.

Seinfeld was filmed in front of a live studio audience. Forgot about that. There are clips in the Finale clip show that show Seinfeld doing his standup before a show to warm up the crowd. They also show clips of the cast bowing to the crowd after a taping of an episode.I've read different things about that. Some say it was rehearsed in front of an audience and their reactions were edited into the filmed performance. That would make sense with the exterior shots and the like if they showed those after filmiing.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-24-2010, 09:56 PM

wow, what an ignorant american.

Pretty sure The British Office lasted one whole season in the UK and was never renewed or cared about by ANYONE until the USA office was in about season 3.

pow.

DarkReign
06-25-2010, 10:47 AM
Seinfeld has and always will suck.

I dont think I ever even giggled the few times there was nothing on and I watched it (sort of).

thispego
06-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Seinfeld has and always will suck.

I dont think I ever even giggled the few times there was nothing on and I watched it (sort of).

yeah, people who "giggle" dont really deserve to have opinions on genius shows like seinfeld.

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 11:02 AM
wow, what an ignorant american.

Pretty sure The British Office lasted one whole season in the UK and was never renewed or cared about by ANYONE until the USA office was in about season 3.

pow.

Actually, the Office had two series, and then a bunch of specials after that.

In 2005, the series' concluding two-part special was nominated for two Emmys in the categories of "Outstanding Made for Television Movie" and "Outstanding Writing for a Miniseries, Movie or a Dramatic Special".[6] Entertainment Weekly put it on its end-of-the-decade, "best-of" list, saying, "We love the Scranton crew. But Ricky Gervais' mockumentary series about sadsack employees in Slough, England, is the undisputed champion of awesomely awkward cubicle hell."

------------

The DVD's came out in 2003. Years before the "American" version.

El Chorizo
06-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Seinfeld was great but you had to get it to like just like Friends. I only watched Friends to see what nipple popping top jennifer would be sporting.

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
DW1lxwsK5_Q

FRIENDS is currently in syndication around the ENTIRE WORLD, in dozens of countries, translated into about 20 languages.

It's main audience is 18-35 year olds.

If you don't like FRIENDS, you are in the minority. :)

thispego
06-25-2010, 11:42 AM
miamiheat you are gay

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 11:46 AM
what's the show that broke records for syndication fee's (not just once, but twice) ?

FRIENDS :)

FRIENDS is also one of only two shows that is being aired all-year round in several countries. The other show is the Simpsons.

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 11:49 AM
miamiheat you are gay

Who cares about what bigot, homosexual haters like you say?

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5918/hatersdog.jpg

thispego
06-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Who cares about what bigot, homosexual haters like you say?

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5918/hatersdog.jpg

bigot? since when?
and i only hate on queermo's like you who like to act smart

IronMexican
06-25-2010, 11:56 AM
God fucking damnit. Friends sucks.

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 11:57 AM
bigot? since when?
and i only hate on queermo's like you who like to act smart

If I sound smart to you, perhaps I actually am smart.

Ever consider that? or is your demented, malfunctioning brain too full of hate? :lol

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 11:59 AM
God fucking damnit. Friends sucks.

The series was nominated for 63 Primetime Emmy Awards, winning six. Aniston and Kudrow are the only main cast members to win an Emmy, while Cox is the only actor not to be nominated. The series won the 2002 Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series, with nominations in 1995, 1996, 1999, 2000 and 2003.[68] The series also won an American Comedy Award,[69] one GLAAD Media Award,[70] one Golden Globe Award,[71] three Logie Awards,[72][73] six People's Choice Awards,[74][75] one Satellite Award,[76] and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.[77][78]

wiki

thispego
06-25-2010, 12:00 PM
If I sound smart to you, perhaps I actually am smart.

Ever consider that? or is your demented, malfunctioning brain too full of hate? :lol

:lmao you are very obviously not smart, because i never said you sounded smart, i said you sound like your trying to act smart. dumbass :lol

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 12:03 PM
:lmao you are very obviously not smart, because i never said you sounded smart, i said you sound like your trying to act smart. dumbass :lol

You said

"and i only hate on queermo's like you who like to act smart "

How would you know if I was acting smart or not, unless you got the impression I am smart, but was "acting" aka faking it?

GeorgeCostanza
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Of course Seinfeld had no story line....it was a show about nothing!!

Blake
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
FRIENDS is currently in syndication around the ENTIRE WORLD, in dozens of countries, translated into about 20 languages.

Friends sounds like soccer

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 12:08 PM

in what way

btw, I love Seinfeld, too :) OP sounds like he posted a knee-jerker and will regret it soon enough

ididnotnothat
06-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Seinfeld was great but you had to get it to like just like Friends. I only watched Friends to see what nipple popping top jennifer would be sporting.

http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/celebrity-pictures-jennifer-anniston-nipples-friends.jpg

Blake
06-25-2010, 12:12 PM
in what way

Apparently friends is big around the world, but most Americans think it's just meh! compared with other better shows.

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Lol :)

Courtney Cox was fucking hot too

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3257/2736301672_6f4c9f7c30.jpg

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Apparently friends is big around the world, but most Americans think it's just meh! compared with other better shows.

You realize it's biggest audience is in america...right?

FRIENDS received some of the highest ratings for a sitcom in TV show history, here in america....

It's average rating was around 19-20 million viewers per episode during it's original run.

I don't know if you were living under a rock between 1994-2004, but FRIENDS was/is a huge phenomenon.

DisAsTerBot
06-25-2010, 12:16 PM
seinfeld :tu
friends :td

Fpoonsie
06-25-2010, 12:19 PM
This is what I don't get. Why would people care? I mean, it's like caring about the cardboard cutout of Peyton Manning that they have at your local Best Buy hawking TVs. That's how one-dimensional these people were.

The ladies... let's see, you had the girl next door, the business/bitch, and the hippie/ditz. Then, you had the jock/dumbass, the 'funny guy', and the sensitive nerd. And while I didn't watch the show much, the few times I did, they never one played opposite to their stereotypes. I never saw Phoebe have an intelligent thought. Never saw Jennifer Aniston be selfish/bitchy. Never saw Schwimmer do anything requiring even a mild amount of courage. Etc etc.

The reason I like It's Always Sunny is because of its unpredictabillity. Are they almost all crazy? Sure. Are they realistic? Not really. But they are ANYTHING but predictable. Plus, the show's actually funny, so that helps.

Of course they were all token, cliche versions of themselves. They were supposed to represent the people you knew who had similar characteristics, only to the umpteenth degree. Everybody typically knew a dumb man-whore like Joey, a sarcastic funny-man like Chandler, an OCD chick like Monica, or the typical ditzy blonde. You never saw Rachel be "selfish/bitchy"? Which show were you watching?

The reason people would "care" is because it wasn't always about the comedy in the show. They'd have serious-ish story lines like the Rachel/Ross break-up episode, the Monica-Chandler proposal ep, Phoebe giving away the triplets, etc. Viewers, regardless of the "cardboard cut-outs" you thought the show was made up of, LOVED these characters.

FWIW, my favorite character was Ross.

thispego
06-25-2010, 12:20 PM
You said

"and i only hate on queermo's like you who like to act smart "

How would you know if I was acting smart or not, unless you got the impression I am smart, but was "acting" aka faking it?

because i know everything. see look, you're acting smart right now :lmao

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 12:22 PM
because i know everything. see look, you're acting smart right now :lmao

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks :lol

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Of course they were all token, cliche versions of themselves. They were supposed to represent the people you knew who had similar characteristics, only to the umpteenth degree. Everybody typically knew a dumb man-whore like Joey, a sarcastic funny-man like Chandler, an OCD chick like Monica, or the typical ditzy blonde. You never saw Rachel be "selfish/bitchy"? Which show were you watching?

The reason people would "care" is because it wasn't always about the comedy in the show. They'd have serious-ish story lines like the Rachel/Ross break-up episode, the Monica-Chandler proposal ep, Phoebe giving away the triplets, etc. Viewers, regardless of the "cardboard cut-outs" you thought the show was made up of, LOVED these characters.

FWIW, my favorite character was Ross.

:toast

Ross and Monica were my favorite.

and the Ross/Rachel breakup episode was dramatic and hilarious at the same time ;p

DisAsTerBot
06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
freinds was a total chick show with all it's lame jokes and heartstring plucking played out storylines....

thispego
06-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I'll take that as a compliment, thanks :lol

only a dumb person would! :toast

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
freinds was a total chick show with all it's lame jokes and heartstring plucking played out storylines....

Actually, you don't get FRIENDS.

It's both a guy show, and a chick show.

Six friends, 3 males, 3 females.

Joey, Ross, and Chandler do a great job at representing the male population.

Ross, the nerdy, romantic, etc...

Joey, the manly ladies man, not smart, lovable

Chandler, the sarcastic, funny man, with insecurity issues

with the main theme of the show is that all six FRIENDS love each other and are there for each other through this life.

Listen to the theme song....

"I'll be there for you....
When the rain starts to pour...
Like I've been there before....."

Have you guys never had life long friends or something?

Nathan Explosion
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Off the top of my head I can't even think of my favorite It's Always Sunny episode. I love "Salt the snail" as well The D.E.N.N.I.S. System. Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life is fucking funny as hell. There's just so many of them.

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 12:32 PM
only a dumb person would! :toast

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/697/hatersblack.jpg

thispego
06-25-2010, 12:36 PM
what's that black nigress doin learnin books en sech at are schools!

nah im not racist like miamiheat

DisAsTerBot
06-25-2010, 12:46 PM

oh yeah....that's the theme that runs through my head whenever i think of my friends :rolleyes

The Loner
06-25-2010, 01:46 PM

no

Blake
06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
You realize it's biggest audience is in america...right?

FRIENDS received some of the highest ratings for a sitcom in TV show history, here in america....

I didn't say it was a perfect comparison.

I guess most American guys that I know think it's meh! at best.

It's average rating was around 19-20 million viewers per episode during it's original run.

I don't know if you were living under a rock between 1994-2004, but FRIENDS was/is a huge phenomenon.

Reminds me of David Spade talking about Michael Bolton. He sold millions of CDs but nobody knows anyone with one.

spursfan1000
06-25-2010, 03:39 PM
I used to watch Seinfeld, but it got boring really fast. On the other hand even if George Lopez only shows reruns it dosen't get boring :lol

IronMexican
06-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Reminds me of David Spade talking about Michael Bolton. He sold millions of CDs but nobody knows anyone with one.

That reminds me of a Nickelback.

lil'mo
06-25-2010, 04:13 PM
I used to watch Seinfeld, but it got boring really fast. On the other hand even if George Lopez only shows reruns it dosen't get boring :lol

lol, hispanics :lol

JoePublic
06-25-2010, 04:40 PM

George's wife is hot.

The Reckoning
06-25-2010, 04:49 PM
George's daughter is hot.

fify

well on the show anyway (which sucks)

one of the hottest girls ive ever seen imo

mrsmaalox
06-25-2010, 11:26 PM
I have never been able to handle Friends. The girl characters are very typical but they are okay. And I like goofy guys, but the guys on that show are about the wimpiest bunch I've ever seen on a show all at once. Absolutely nothing charming about those guys at all.

mingus
06-26-2010, 02:19 AM
i have every season of Seinfeld. haven't watched every episode though. Curb Your Enthusiasm is great if you like Seinfeld. have every season of that too. the thing with Seinfeld is there are a lot of duds, esp. in the early and later seasons. middle of the series is easily the strongest. with "Curb" there are hardly any bad episodes thoughout. it has Tim Duncan-like consistency. it makes sense bec. there are about half or a third the amount of episodes per-season on Crub as there is on Seinfeld and they make sure each one counts. if i had to take my pick, honestly, i think Curb is the better overall show.

LnGrrrR
06-26-2010, 03:33 AM

Bwahahhaa. Perfect.

LnGrrrR
06-26-2010, 03:36 AM

Not that I can hang out with on a regular basis, no. Being military means my lifelong friends live in Chicago, New Hampshire, Germany, Austin, Baltimore, Italy and Vegas...

Skywalker
06-26-2010, 04:27 AM
Seinfeld is classic and timeless.

Iconic television at its finest.

They could pick up where they left off 12 years ago and it would instantly be the highest rated show on television.

I no doubt agree though, that after 12 years of reruns, when you tend to know each episode by heart, that a break is in order. You can only hear a funny joke so many times before you become numb to the punchline.

Veterinarian
06-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Seinfeld is classic and timeless.

Iconic television at its finest.

They could pick up where they left off 12 years ago and it would instantly be the highest rated show on television.

I no doubt agree though, that after 12 years of reruns, when you tend to know each episode by heart, that a break is in order. You can only hear a funny joke so many times before you become numb to the punchline.

True, tbh

I thought Cheers was going to be like that but now you only see it on non-peak hours like overnights. Maybe its the old hairstyles or whatever.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 09:15 AM

lol dumb beaner

George Lopez isn't funny at all, he can't make a joke that's not beaner related.

Bean Dip
06-26-2010, 09:18 AM
lol dumb beaner

George Lopez isn't funny at all, he can't make a joke that's not beaner related.

Well duh dip shit

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 09:19 AM

Friends is one of the dumbest shows ever made because it was so clear how hard they tried to make it like Seinfeld. It was worse than the movie "Revenge of the Nerds" trying so hard to be Animal House.

Seinfeld also incorporated difference races into their show because they lived in New York and that's what was realistic. They people on Friends lived in New York for 10 years and never met anyone who was black, which goes to show that that show was retarded horseshit.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Seinfeld also incorporated difference races into their show because they lived in New York and that's what was realistic. They people on Friends lived in New York for 10 years and never met anyone who was black, which goes to show that that show was retarded horseshit.

lol weak troll attempt

seinfeld is famous for not having any black people, everyone knows that :lol

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 09:40 AM
lol weak troll attempt

There's a whole episode about George's black coworker thinking he's racist and george paying Jerry's black terminator to act like his friend. Try again. Friends is right up there with Frazier and Matlock as far as white people TV.

mrsmaalox
06-26-2010, 09:57 AM
There's a whole episode about George's black coworker thinking he's racist and george paying Jerry's black terminator to act like his friend. Try again. Friends is right up there with Frazier and Matlock as far as white people TV.

Goran, don't forget "Jackie Chiles---Attorney At Law" ; one of the greatest recurring characters ever!

attyjackiechiles
06-26-2010, 10:06 AM
lol weak troll attempt

Have you even seen the show!? Your troll attempt is ludicrous, proposterous, outrageous!!

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 10:31 AM
Goran, don't forget "Jackie Chiles---Attorney At Law" ; one of the greatest recurring characters ever!

Yeah completely forgot about him, the recurring characters were one of the best parts of Seinfeld. Every episode with Newman was classic, and Elaine's boyfriend Puddy had a bunch of hilarious moments (like when he runs up to the car with the Priest in it and keeps saying don't mess with the Devils).

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 10:35 AM

2 of the main male characters have a sexual relationship with black women.

LK1X4GxyFcU

thispego
06-26-2010, 10:35 AM

:lmao

thispego
06-26-2010, 10:37 AM
lol weak troll attempt

EXPOSED!!!!!!

moran

Dark Gable
06-26-2010, 10:38 AM

LK1X4GxyFcU

Too bad the women on the show never went to the dark side.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 10:38 AM
:lmao

:lol meant to say exterminator

thispego
06-26-2010, 10:39 AM
:lol meant to say exterminator

that raises an interesting question. why were there never any black terminators in any of the terminator movies?

Dark Gable
06-26-2010, 10:41 AM
that raises an interesting question. why were there never any black terminators in any of the terminator movies?

"I'll be black" would be classic.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 10:41 AM

tbh that's a good point. Michael Clark Duncan (the dude from Green Mile) woulda made a great nemesis for Arnold.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 10:46 AM

LK1X4GxyFcU

So the show had two black women for a few episodes, and Seinfeld actually had a black character who was in a good number of episodes. Good job trying to argue Friends had more black people.

Bean Dip
06-26-2010, 10:47 AM

thispego
06-26-2010, 10:49 AM

:rollin

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
So the show had two black women for a few episodes, and Seinfeld actually had a black character who was in a good number of episodes. Good job trying to argue Friends had more black people.

dp8LC5nAzcs

Seinfeld has like 2 or 3. The lawyer, and 1 or 2 others, thats IT

Dark Gable
06-26-2010, 10:57 AM
dp8LC5nAzcs

Seinfeld has like 2 or 3. The lawyer, and 1 or 2 others, thats IT

But were more than 1 hit wonders.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 10:58 AM
But were more than 1 hit wonders.

Must be nice to make up facts out of thin air like that :lol:lol

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Seinfeld actually had a black character in multiple episodes, the best you can do is find little clips with black people.

Anyone who doesn't like Seinfeld and likes Friends is retarded, it's the equivalent to liking Kobe Bryant and not liking Michael Jordan.

FrankCostanza
06-26-2010, 11:00 AM
lol weak troll attempt

Are you saying you wanna piece of me?..................you got it!!

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:02 AM

I'm willing to bet that woman was never on another episode. George had a black co-worker on several episodes, and Kramer's attorney was on a good number of episodes. The characters on friends were racists who were unwilling to have a lasting black presence in their lives.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Seinfeld actually had a black character in multiple episodes, the best you can do is find little clips with black people.

The girl Ross is talking to was in most of season 10, cause he dated her. Kind of an important love interest :lol:lol

Seinfeld only has the lawyer, doing his best Don King impersonation. That's about it.

Anyone who doesn't like Seinfeld and likes Friends is retarded, it's the equivalent to liking Kobe Bryant and not liking Michael Jordan.

I said I like both shows, I have all of Seinfeld on DVD and all of Friends on DVD :) also have Curb your Enthusiasm on DVD, so yeah, I like Seinfeld. I'm just defending FRIENDS cause you people are in the minority. Friends is world famous and very popular, and easily more popular than Seinfeld is. Fact.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm willing to bet that woman was never on another episode. George had a black co-worker on several episodes, and Kramer's attorney was on a good number of episodes. The characters on friends were racists who were unwilling to have a lasting black presence in their lives.

damn, sucks for you

cause Charlie (black girl Ross is talking to) was in most of Season 10

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I said I like both shows, I have all of Seinfeld on DVD and all of Friends on DVD :) also have Curb your Enthusiasm on DVD, so yeah, I like Seinfeld. I'm just defending FRIENDS cause you people are in the minority. Friends is world famous and very popular, and easily more popular than Seinfeld is. Fact.

Kobe Bryant has way more international fans than Michael Jordan ever did and is way more popular world wide. Fact.

lol Kobefan

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Kobe Bryant has way more international fans than Michael Jordan ever did and is way more popular world wide. Fact.

lol Kobefan

prove it

Dark Gable
06-26-2010, 11:09 AM

And you don't? :lol :lol I'm used to being in the minority but the majority of my friends and co-workers enjoyed Seinfeld much more than Friends but I don't work with too many real young people.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:11 AM
prove it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Store

Most jersey sales in China each of the last 3 years, while being top 2 in European jersey sales each of the past 2 years.

lol Kobefan

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:11 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Store

Most jersey sales in China each of the last 3 years, while being top 2 in European jersey sales each of the past 2 years.

lol Kobefan

and what was Jordan's total jersey sales from 1984-2010?

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:14 AM
and what was Jordan's total jersey sales from 1984-2010?

Kobe sold more jerseys in Europe and Asia. World wide he's more popular than MJ. I guess according to your logic he's better.

lol Kobefan

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:15 AM
Kobe sold more jerseys in Europe and Asia. World wide he's more popular than MJ. I guess according to your logic he's better.

lol Kobefan

You didn't answer my question

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:19 AM
You didn't answer my question

It's irrelevant, right now Kobe is selling more jerseys in American and across the world than MJ, so he's obviously more popular, which by your logic means he's better.

lol Kobefan

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't have a hard time believing it's true, but I'd love to see your source about how Friends has sold so many more DVDs than Seinfeld since that seems like a stat you'd love to pull outa your ass.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:21 AM
It's irrelevant, right now Kobe is selling more jerseys in American and across the world than MJ, so he's obviously more popular, which by your logic means he's better.

lol Kobefan

So you don't actually know the numbers. That was quick.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:22 AM
So you don't actually know the numbers. That was quick.

I posted a source for my info, you have yet to do so for yours.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh and here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4842465
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3866598
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2806640

Kobe is more popular than MJ among the 18-35 crowd since they're obviously people buying jerseys right now.

lol Kobefan

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Oh and here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=4842465
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3866598
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2806640

Kobe is more popular than MJ among the 18-35 crowd since they're obviously people buying jerseys right now.

lol Kobefan

You said Kobe Bryant has way more international fans than Michael Jordan ever did.

So where are Jordan's jersey sales from 1984-2010? You need that to compare.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:34 AM
You said Kobe Bryant has way more international fans than Michael Jordan ever did.

So where are Jordan's jersey sales from 1984-2010? You need that to compare.

I said he's more popular internationally than MJ is and provided jersey sales to prove it, we both know I'm never gonna find jersey sales from 1984. Now please provide a link for your information about how Friends has sold way more DVDs internationally.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:34 AM
I don't have a hard time believing it's true, but I'd love to see your source about how Friends has sold so many more DVDs than Seinfeld since that seems like a stat you'd love to pull outa your ass.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I said he's more popular internationally than MJ is and provided jersey sales to prove it, we both know I'm never gonna find jersey sales from 1984. Now please provide a link for your information about how Friends has sold way more DVDs internationally.

You clearly said Kobe Bryant has way more international fans than Michael Jordan ever did.

You would need Jordan's jersey sales from 1984-2010 to compare them. Posting only Bryant's is half-way done.

You're only half-way there, don't give up now

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:43 AM
You clearly said Kobe Bryant has way more international fans than Michael Jordan ever did.

show me where, and quit dodging this:

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:44 AM

You would need Jordan's jersey sales from 1984-2010 to compare them. Posting only Bryant's is half-way done.

You're only half-way there, don't give up now

:lmao "posting only Bryants". I posted a list of international jersey sales that MJ isn't on and Kobe is at the top of, are you seriously trying to argue Kobe is not more popular internationally than MJ?

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:45 AM

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:46 AM
show me where,

Are you saying you can't remember your own posts? That explains a lot.

and quit dodging this:

You still haven't answered my question. If you don't know, just say you don't know.

Goran Dragic

Goran Dragic

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Are you saying you can't remember your own posts? That explains a lot.

You still haven't answered my question. If you don't know, just say you don't know.

You're arguing in circles.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:47 AM
:lmao "posting only Bryants". I posted a list of international jersey sales that MJ isn't on and Kobe is at the top of, are you seriously trying to argue Kobe is not more popular internationally than MJ?

To say that, I think it would be important to include Jordan's career jersey sales, not just recent ones.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:49 AM
This thread is about Seinfeld, and you have no way of proving your bullshit statistic about Friends selling more DVDs than Seinfeld, probably because there isn't a statistic.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:50 AM
You're arguing in circles. I never said the words "than MJ ever did". If I said that you'd have a post to quote. Currently, Kobe sells more jerseys than MJ in the states and internationally, which by your logic means he's more popular.

Yes, you did say it.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:51 AM
This thread is about Seinfeld, and you have no way of proving your bullshit statistic about Friends selling more DVDs than Seinfeld, probably because there isn't a statistic.

Dodging the question? I don't blame you.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Yes, you did say it.

OK so you're right I did say it, and I still would be willing to bet it's true. Right now, Kobe has more international fans than MJ (or any other NBA player other than Yao for that matter) ever did. The jersey sales prove it, and the fact the NBA is more popular internationally now than it was back in 1984 proves it.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:57 AM
Dodging the question? I don't blame you.

I'm still waiting for the statistic that backs up your claim Friends has sold more DVDs and is more popular internationally. On top of using a bullshit argument, you can't even back it up.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:58 AM
OK so you're right I did say it, and I still would be willing to bet it's true. Right now, Kobe has more international fans than MJ (or anyone else for that matter) ever did. The jersey sales prove it, and the fact the NBA is more popular internationally now than it was back in 1984 proves it.

How do you know that Kobe has more international fans than MJ ever did?

ididnotnothat
06-26-2010, 11:58 AM
I liked Seinfeld because even if you weren't a fan you could watch any episode and find it funny where as Friends you had to know the story lines. I watched Friends the first season and then lost interest and just watched it from time to time.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm still waiting for the statistic that backs up your claim Friends has sold more DVDs and is more popular internationally. On top of using a bullshit argument, you can't even back it up.

We're still stuck on your claim that Kobe Bryant has more international fans than MJ ever did.

Where are the numbers? or did you make them up? If you don't know, just say so.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 12:00 PM
I liked Seinfeld because even if you weren't a fan you could watch any episode and find it funny where as Friends you had to know the story lines. I watched Friends the first season and then lost interest and just watched it from time to time.

Season 1 is the worst season, imo. I don't even like it, myself.

It gets a LOT better. Starting around Season 3-4.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 12:02 PM
We're still stuck on your claim that Kobe Bryant has more international fans than MJ ever did.

Where are the numbers? or did you make them up? If you don't know, just say so.

I really don't give a shit about Kobe or MJ. Fine, you win that argument even though you're intentionally acting stupid when we both know Kobe is more popular internationally, now post a link to your bullshit statistic you made up.

Trainwreck2100
06-26-2010, 12:05 PM
DOK has a bias cause he's a goddamn zionist

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 12:05 PM

Plus the storyline was gay. I remember some people I know were crying at the end of Friends.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I really don't give a shit about Kobe or MJ. Fine, you win that argument even though you're intentionally acting stupid when we both know Kobe is more popular internationally, now post a link to your bullshit statistic you made up.

I am glad we got past that.

What statistic are you talking about? Point them out for me.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Friends is world famous and very popular, and easily more popular than Seinfeld is. Fact.

Prove it.

Sisk
06-26-2010, 12:12 PM
MiamiHeat is dodging the question tbh

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 12:13 PM
MiamiHeat is dodging the question tbh

Because he has no way to answer it.

JoeChalupa
06-26-2010, 12:22 PM
:lmao the debate is really...about....nothing!

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Prove it.

Seinfeld, during it's 9 year run :

Season 1 : Not ranked in Top 30 shows
Season 2 : Not ranked in Top 30 shows
Season 3 : Not ranked in Top 30 shows
Season 4 : #25 ranked show
Season 5 : #3 ranked show
Season 6 : #1 ranked show
Season 7 : #2 ranked show
Season 8 : #2 ranked show
Season 9 : #1 ranked show

Friends, during it's 10 year run :

Season 1 : #8 ranked show
Season 2 : #3 ranked show
Season 3 : #4 ranked show
Season 4 : #4 ranked show
Season 5 : #2 ranked show
Season 6 : #5 ranked show
Season 7 : #5 ranked show
Season 8 : #1 ranked show
Season 9 : #2 ranked show
Season 10: #3 ranked show

Friends was NEVER ranked below #8, and was a consistent top 1-5 show for the rest of it's 9 year run.

Seinfeld, on the other hand, only enjoyed success in it's final 5 seasons, with it's first 3 seasons not even being ranked as it wasn't a Top 30 show.

:)

http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1998.htm

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Seinfeld, during it's 9 year run :

Season 1 : Not ranked in Top 30 shows
Season 2 : Not ranked in Top 30 shows
Season 3 : Not ranked in Top 30 shows
Season 4 : #25 ranked show
Season 5 : #3 ranked show
Season 6 : #1 ranked show
Season 7 : #2 ranked show
Season 8 : #2 ranked show
Season 9 : #1 ranked show

Friends, during it's 10 year run :

Season 1 : #8 ranked show
Season 2 : #3 ranked show
Season 3 : #4 ranked show
Season 4 : #4 ranked show
Season 5 : #2 ranked show
Season 6 : #5 ranked show
Season 7 : #5 ranked show
Season 8 : #1 ranked show
Season 9 : #2 ranked show
Season 10: #3 ranked show

Friends was NEVER ranked below #8, and was a consistent top 1-5 show for the rest of it's 9 year run.

Seinfeld, on the other hand, only enjoyed success in it's final 5 seasons, with it's first 3 seasons not even being ranked as it wasn't a Top 30 show.

:)

http://www.classictvhits.com/tvratings/1998.htm

I what way does that say Friends is more popular than Seinfeld? All that does is say Seinfeld took longer to get publicity than Friends.

EDIT: the best part of this list is, when both shows were airing, Seinfeld ranks ahead of friends. self-ownage :tu

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 01:07 PM
I what way does that say Friends is more popular than Seinfeld? All that does is say Seinfeld took longer to get publicity than Friends.

EDIT: the best part of this list is, when both shows were airing, Seinfeld ranks ahead of friends. self-ownage :tu

So you make excuses for Seinfeld? It needed longer to get "publicity"

Ok. Then, during the years both shows ran, Friends was only in it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons. It also needed some time to get publicity.

The difference being, Friends was never ranked below Top 30 shows, while Seinfelds was, 3 times.

mrsmaalox
06-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Seinfeld needed to "get publicity" because it had to stand on it's own for a few seasons while NBC tried to rebuild Thursday nights after Cheers ended. Friends rode the on the coattails of Seinfeld and Frasier from it's first season, never had to stand on it's own until it had already developed a following.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 01:23 PM
So you make excuses for Seinfeld? It needed longer to get "publicity"

Ok. Then, during the years both shows ran, Friends was only in it's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th seasons. It also needed some time to get publicity.

The difference being, Friends was never ranked below Top 30 shows, while Seinfelds was, 3 times.

Thanks for walking right into my point, how popular a show is when it starts up is irrelevant to this.

So far, your best support for the argument that Friends is (indicating present tense) more popular than Seinfeld is how when Seinfeld started during the early to mid 90's it wasn't as popular as friends when friends started. I'm curious as to how the early 90's has anything to do with present tense.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Seinfeld needed to "get publicity" because it had to stand on it's own for a few seasons while NBC tried to rebuild Thursday nights after Cheers ended. Friends rode the on the coattails of Seinfeld and Frasier from it's first season, never had to stand on it's own until it had already developed a following.

Plus Seinfeld introduced the idea of a show about nothing, Friends rode the coattails of that idea while everyone was still awed it how funny the original show about nothing was. It's similar to how movies like Revenge of the Nerds rode the coattails of Animal House and the plotline of a fraternity of rejects who do a bunch of crazy shit to raise hell with the yuppie kids.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2010, 01:58 AM
The popularity is kind of irrelevant anyways..I don't mind Friends, but it doesn't come close to Seinfeld in overall quality IMO..one of the top 3 best written comedy shows I've ever seen IMO, which is funny when you consider what it was originally about..

I like the middle seasons of Friends, but I can't watch the first few seasons or the last few, it doesn't appeal..

Judging shows is tough though, it's all about preference, you can't really argue that one show is better than the other..

MiamiHeat
06-27-2010, 02:40 AM
Plus Seinfeld introduced the idea of a show about nothing, Friends rode the coattails of that idea while everyone was still awed it how funny the original show about nothing was. It's similar to how movies like Revenge of the Nerds rode the coattails of Animal House and the plotline of a fraternity of rejects who do a bunch of crazy shit to raise hell with the yuppie kids.

No, it didn't introduce the idea of a show about nothing. That's just you feeding into hype and "accepted" mythology about Seinfeld.

It's a show about a group of friends during their daily lives. Jerry and George just hanging around in Jerry's apartment, Kramer or Elaine stop by, some sort of problem happens, or funny situation, etc.

There's nothing special or different about Seinfeld.

I Love Lucy is a show about "nothing" too. It's a show about a married couple and their 2 friends living their daily lives.

Lucy is hanging around her apartment, cleaning or something, Ethel stops by, some sort of problem happens, or funny situation.

Cheers is a show about nothing too. Just a bunch of friends hanging out at a bar, living their daily lives.

Should I go on?

Use your brain and think independently, please.

There is NOTHING special or different about Seinfeld in relation to format or sitcom. They didn't break any new ground, AT ALL. It's all been done before.

but because they made a few funny episodes where George says "It's a show, about nothing!!" when pitching a show to NBC with Jerry, suddenly, OMG THIS IS A HILARIOUS NEW CONCEPT, SEINFELD ROCKS!!!

Fucking sheep.

I want to end this saying I actually own all of Seinfeld on DVD. I enjoy the show a lot, it's in my top 5.

MiamiHeat
06-27-2010, 02:48 AM

So more excuses again?

David Robinson had to stand on his own for many seasons after being drafted in '89, losing ones, while the Spurs tried to rebuild the team after George the Iceman Gervin left in 1985. Tim Duncan rode the coattails of Robinson for two championships, never having to stand on his own until he already had developed his skill and developed a team around him.

Therefore, Duncan is an inferior player and overrated.

I mean, we can make excuses all day, but results are results. Duncan is the man and FRIENDS is one of the greatest sitcoms ever made.

Skywalker
06-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Miamiheat's whottt impressions are humorous.

Not on par with Coyote>DRob, but you know, I assume he's striving for that point one day.

greyforest
06-27-2010, 03:27 AM
the new seinfeld has plenty of black people

Svfsiri50eM

Viva Las Espuelas
06-27-2010, 03:37 AM
:lmao the debate is really...about....nothing!

Yeah but I don't know what's funnier. That or the fact that millions of people watched a "trendsetting" admitted show about nothing for 9 years and are boastful about it. A show about nothing. Yeah. :lol

MiamiHeat
06-27-2010, 03:41 AM
the new seinfeld has plenty of black people

Svfsiri50eM

Ironically, Larry is accused of being a racist on Curb, for not having many black people on Seinfeld.

This was his response :lol

mingus
06-27-2010, 04:09 AM
if you watch the interviews on the Seinfeld season DVDs, Jerry actually talks about race and the show. i think it was the NAACP that had issue w/ the fact that Seinfeld didn't have many black characters with roles. it's a legitamate issue. so from then on they included more black characters.

Wifebeater
06-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Plus the storyline was gay. I remember some people I know were crying at the end of Friends.

My wife was crying at the end of Friends of course she cries every day, so it might have been a coincidence.

RGMCSE
06-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I was never into either Friends or Seinfeld. I probably watched each one equally, which is just enough to know the characters and understand the shows. Both were mildly funny to me at times but every once in a while Seinfeld would have a great show mixed in like the Pimp episode.

I just don't think Jerry was funny at all. He sucks cause he comes off whiny and that voice is sooo fucking annoying. The best fucking Show ever is Curb! makes all other shows really suck in comparison.The only 2 shows that has given me hope as far as hilarity is The Office and Eastbound and Down.

MiamiHeat
06-27-2010, 02:55 PM
I was never into either Friends or Seinfeld. I probably watched each one equally, which is just enough to know the characters and understand the shows. Both were mildly funny to me at times but every once in a while Seinfeld would have a great show mixed in like the Pimp episode.

I just don't think Jerry was funny at all. He sucks cause he comes off whiny and that voice is sooo fucking annoying. The best fucking Show ever is Curb! makes all other shows really suck in comparison.The only 2 shows that has given me hope as far as hilarity is The Office and Eastbound and Down.

yeah, Jerry does suck. He's not funny at all. When they give it on TV, I used to just mute his standup comedy in the beginning of the episodes.

Seinfeld's saving grace was George Costanza and Cosmo Kramer. They are both among the greatest characters in sitcom history.

And we all know the real genius behind those characters was Larry David.

mingus
06-27-2010, 04:16 PM
you act like Seinfeld contributed nothing to the show. they both worked on numerous episodes together and refined and revised a lot of the other writers' episodes together. he made what $100 million at the end of the day from the series? yeah, you don't make that much having not contributed nothing to the show, as you say.