PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone Else (Laker Fans) NOT want Byron Scott?

Smooth Criminal
06-24-2010, 11:25 AM
I would Really rather have B Shaw than Byron...

Anyone else share this feeling?

Trainwreck2100
06-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Im no laker fan but i loled imagining him trying to give his "this is my first ring" speech that he gives to every fucking team. q

IronMexican
06-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't want him, either.

B-Shaw, just wait for the Lakers job to open up, please.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Same sentiment here. Doesn't know shit about the triangle. Kobe respects him but he respects Brian Shaw too and it's too late to pass up because Shaw has been groomed to be the successor of Phil.

Killakobe81
06-24-2010, 11:35 AM
I like scott.

But i like Shaw more.

The question i have are the Lakers ready to turn over the keys to the DEFENDING @x Champs to a ROOKIE head coach?

If we do go Shaw hopefully we draft, trade for a or sign a PG he can mentor ...and he looks to add a bit more tempo to our offense....

We waited until games and 7 to get back to that in the Finals (after Game 1) and we made that series harde than it needed to be.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
To me Shaw won't be that "ROOKIE" although definitely he won't be a seasoned coach without his first ring as H.C.

As for the draft, how about Scheyer

The Gemini Method
06-24-2010, 11:38 AM
I am still not sure who I would hand the keys to the empire off to...both Scott and Shaw would be great choices, but I'm leaning towards Shaw since he has been around PJ's system for more than a decade.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 11:41 AM
I am still not sure who I would hand the keys to the empire off to...

Kobe Bean Bryant... the answer to everything

The Gemini Method
06-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Kobe Bean Bryant... the answer to everything

He's the fearless leader no doubt, but I don't think they allow player-coaches anymore.

Giuseppe
06-24-2010, 11:54 AM
I'll go with Scott. He's got deep playoff experience and a formidable presence. Let Shaw go elsewhere and prove his worth. He's young. If it works out, the bridge won't have been burned and he can cross back over some day.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 11:57 AM
I don't trust Byron Scott that much. He gave them one good COY season then totally got 121-63'd by Denver the next. I want a guy with familiarity with the Tri. He's not that. Plus plus plus I don't think he's a good defensive coach either.

Giuseppe
06-24-2010, 12:19 PM
I don't trust Byron Scott that much. He gave them one good COY season then totally got 121-63'd by Denver the next.

:rolleyes You trust Phil, don't ya? He got whacked out by 40 just two years ago. You trusted Riley, didn't ya? He got whacked out on Memorial Day, 1985, and it wasn't the end. It was just the end of the beginning.

Grow up and act like somebody, gd it.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 12:21 PM
They bounced back. Did Byron Scott? no

And tbh Riles and Phil get passes for being HOF coaches. Byron Scott doesn't.

Giuseppe
06-24-2010, 12:23 PM
They bounced back. Did Byron Scott? no

And tbh Riles and Phil get passes for being HOF coaches. Byron Scott doesn't.

Fair enough, but, please don't do that 121-63 thingy. You look like a fool with the rest of the fools doin' that.

The Gemini Method
06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
No matter whom the coach is, I hope (against hope) that Bynum doesn't hurt a knee for the 4th straight year...

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
No matter whom the coach is, I hope (against hope) that Bynum doesn't hurt a knee for the 4th straight year...
Health has been our #1 opponent during this amazing run. The opponents on the court are great but the health problems of the team really hinders its full potential. Still dreamin' of a healthy Bynum, Odom and Gasol playoff run.

The Gemini Method
06-24-2010, 12:30 PM
Health has been our #1 opponent during this amazing run. The opponents on the court are great but the health problems of the team really hinders its full potential. Still dreamin' of a healthy Bynum, Odom and Gasol playoff run.

After revisiting the 2009 Finals, I wonder if the shoulder that was bothering The Candyman was worse than what was let on. He shot near 50% from 3-pt land that series and looked alot better than this Finals. Could've been the opponent or Odom's inconsistencies, but it was like watching two different beasts.

Giuseppe
06-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Yer really gettin' on my nerves this morning, #24. There is no such thing as a Utopian Season as you speak and strive for. By the time you compete in a 100 games to get to the Finals, nobody is healthy.

The Gemini Method
06-24-2010, 12:32 PM
How much of it will be coachins as opposed to just "managing" the team? I mean, if this team were chalk full of youngins, it would be necessary to coach more than just maintain. We could be looking at a Barry Switzer-esque situation if Phil does indeed decide to call it a day.

Giuseppe
06-24-2010, 12:33 PM
How much of it will be coachins as opposed to just "managing" the team? I mean, if this team were chalk full of youngins, it would be necessary to coach more than just maintain. We could be looking at a Barry Switzer-esque situation if Phil does indeed decide to call it a day.

Oh, boy, Switzer ringin' there really chapped a lot of hides.

Good.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 12:34 PM
What is it about Shaw that makes you think he can do the things that Scott can't?

Can't really figure it out, just feel that the team would be in better hands with Shaw running the show. I'm just more comfortable with Shaw (i know that sounds gay)

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Yer really gettin' on my nerves this morning, #24. There is no such thing as a Utopian Season as you speak and strive for. By the time you compete in a 100 games to get to the Finals, nobody is healthy.

Okay, I just hope for a run where all of the Lakers have two healthy legs at least

JamStone
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Dangerous to just trust that a coach with no head-coaching experience and an established relationship with the players will automatically be ok at the helm. A big part of being successful as a head coach requires rapport with the officials and in-game coaching, especially making adjustments on the fly. Just because he is more familiar with the triangle, it doesn't mean Shaw will be able to handle the other aspects of head coaching. And assistant coaches are generally the buffer between the head coach and players. Sometimes it's much tougher for that transition on the same team when at one point the players viewed Shaw much more as a colleague and confidante and then he transitions to a much more authoritative and even disciplinarian figure.

It's happened before with the likes of Pat Riley and coincidentally Phil Jackson on the Bulls. So it definitely can still work out. But I would have my hesitations about it.

Giuseppe
06-24-2010, 02:01 PM
^Bomb diggity, I get to drive for once>>>and Jammie is ridin' shotgun.

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!