PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Bulls to send Hinrich, No. 17 to Wiz

duncan228
06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Sources: Bulls unloading Hinrich's salary (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5324240)
By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine

The Chicago Bulls have a deal in place that would move Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick to the Washington Wizards, freeing up enough cap space to pursue two maximum-salary players on this summer's free-agent market, sources with knowledge of the Bulls' plans said Thursday.

The deal can't be officially consummated until July 8, when the Wizards will have room under the salary cap to absorb Hinrich's $9 million contract without having to send back anything of similar value.

Since it's a good-faith deal for the time being, there remains a chance it could fall apart. But according to one source, the Sacramento Kings are prepared to make a similar deal with the Bulls in the Wizards' stead if that were to happen.

Either way, moving Hinrich and the pick would push Chicago's space under the cap from $20 million to more than $30 million. That puts the Bulls on equal footing with the Miami Heat in pursuing not just one but two members of a free-agent class that is expected to include LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Amare Stoudemire and Joe Johnson.

Darrin
06-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Oh my god. Who are they going to trade? Arenas, Wall, Hinrich in the same backcourt? Or are they just going to let one of them rot on the roster?

Edward
06-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Wade and Amare want to play together, so this has gotta be tempting. If Chicago can convince Amare to take slightly less than the max so they can get him, Wade and 1-2 bench players that's a scary team

Thompson
06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Is there still a chance the Wizards try to get out of Arenas's contract, citing his felony conviction, or are they just going to ride it out?

Kevin Durant 35
06-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Chicago is gonna sign LeBron.

Darrin
06-24-2010, 02:53 PM
Chicago is gonna sign LeBron.

I think Lebron goes, Bosh will follow. Amare and Wade in Miami. I think that's a contending team from the get-go if they get Rose, Lebron, Bosh, Deng, Gibson, and Noah and Orlando and Atlanta will be hard-pressed to keep them from meeting in the Conference Finals next season.

baseline bum
06-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Cleveland fan has to be shitting his pants right now.

Darrin
06-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Cleveland fan has to be shitting his pants right now.

They were trying to move Deng, because his contract is longer and bigger. But they did clear about 10-11 million in cap space by getting rid of him and 17.

Everyone wants to be the next Boston a la 2007-08.

eisfeld
06-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Hinrich gone is a nice move - still I think Mike Miller is involed in that trade and that the Wizards are shopping Arenas.

Edward
06-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Everyone wants to be the next Boston a la 2007-08.

Unless you have Lebron or Kobe, your only chance to win it all is doing what Boston did in 2008 by building around 3 guys who are either #2 options or 1.5 options who happen to compliment each other well and cover up each other's weaknesses. What I'm saying is it makes sense that most teams are trying to emulate Boston's 08 team.

sribb43
06-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Wiz are a fuckin joke. They just paid $17 mil for the 17th pick

23LeBronJames23
06-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Great now LeBron can get a bigger contract in Chicago.

hsxvvd
06-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Hinrich is a much better mentor for Wall than Arenas. It seems to me, that Hinrich's strengths are Wall's weaknesses. It's expensive, but he won't be bringing guns into the locker room any time soon.

Arenas will be gone by the end of the day.

sribb43
06-24-2010, 03:18 PM
Hinrich gone is a nice move - still I think Mike Miller is involed in that trade and that the Wizards are shopping Arenas.

Miller is a FA

hater
06-24-2010, 03:26 PM
this makes no fucking sense for Wiz unless they are getting rid of Arenas

eisfeld
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Miller is a FA

My bad, still lived in my 2k10 world in my first season ;)

06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
oh damn. i didn't think chicago would be in the running for lebron but now they can secure lebron and bosh while rose stays on his rookie contract. wade is definitely staying in the heat and if bosh really wants to be the first option then it's going to be lebron and amare going to the bulls.

they don't even need to get lebron. they can get like johnson and amare/boozer and still rise from the east as the favorites.

JamStone
06-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Gilbert is still owed $80 million over the next four years. You'd have to think the Wizards are going to do everything they possibly can to have the contract voided. Hope Hibachi saved his pennies.

tomtom
06-24-2010, 04:15 PM
If that goes through as advertised, Chicago's gonna be in prime position for some nice deals

duncan228
06-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Bulls Reportedly Trade Kirk Hinrich and No. 17 Pick to Wizards, Clear Enough Cap Space to Sign Two Superstars (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=tsn-bullsreportedlytrade)
SportingNews

Over the past few weeks, the Chicago Bulls have emerged as the presumptive favorite to land LeBron James, should he choose to leave Cleveland. They already have Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose, they have tradition, and they’re even already a playoff team, which is more than the Knicks can say.

Getting James would be a huge deal on its own, obviously. But the Bulls can do more to truly change the face of the East by clearing enough cap space to sign two max-contract free agents.

Today, they made a move to get closer to their dream. Ric Bucher reports (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2010/news/story?id=5324240):

The Chicago Bulls have a deal in place that would move Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick to the Washington Wizards, freeing up enough cap space to pursue two maximum-salary players on this summer’s free-agent market, sources with knowledge of the Bulls’ plans said Thursday. It wasn’t immediately clear what Washington would send to Chicago in the trade.

The deal can’t be officially consummated until July 8, when the Wizards will have room under the salary cap to absorb Hinrich’s $9 million contract without having to send back anything of similar value.

Since the Bulls’ take in this trade isn’t even mentioned, one can only assume that it involves insignificant players or assets who won’t make much of an impact on the court. For Chicago, this move is all about cap space. Yahoo!’s Kelly Dwyer tweeted that this deal still wouldn’t give them enough space for two max players, which contradicts, Bucher’s report. (Note: This is where I wish I knew more about math.) But even if that’s the case, they still got a heck of a lot closer. This is a giant leap forward, if not exactly an arrival at the destination.

It’s hard to say as much for the Wizards. Hinrich is a good defender who had several decent offensive seasons in Chicago, but he also makes $17 million over the next few seasons. The Wizards are also already set at the guard positions with John Wall and Gilbert Arenas, so Hinrich is essentially now a wildly overpaid backup … which also happens to be the same thing he was in Chicago.

Getting the draft pick is nice for a team in rebuilding mode, but Ernie Grunfeld just mortgaged much of the team’s cap space to get a player who will serve as an albatross until someone decides he’s a valuable expiring contract. The Wizards are back on the path to respectability, but this move is a step back.

spursfan1000
06-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Wade and Amare want to play together, so this has gotta be tempting. If Chicago can convince Amare to take slightly less than the max so they can get him, Wade and 1-2 bench players that's a scary team

Damn fuck yea it would be.

Rose
Wade
Deng
Amare
Noah

Killakobe81
06-24-2010, 06:10 PM
oh damn. i didn't think chicago would be in the running for lebron but now they can secure lebron and bosh while rose stays on his rookie contract. wade is definitely staying in the heat and if bosh really wants to be the first option then it's going to be lebron and amare going to the bulls.

they don't even need to get lebron. they can get like johnson and amare/boozer and still rise from the east as the favorites.

I agree.

Obviously Lebron is the big prize but if chicago got Bosh and Joe johnson (or ray allen) they would be SERIOUS contenders ...

PG Rose
SG JJ
SF Deng
PF Bosh
C Noah

Bench: Gibson, Johnon, doesnt matter ...

j.dizzle
06-24-2010, 08:24 PM
Chicago looks primed to make a nice run next season with the way the East is looking. If they can get 2 big names, they'll easily be a top contender in their conference.

bostonguy
06-24-2010, 08:31 PM
I agree.

Obviously Lebron is the big prize but if chicago got Bosh and Joe johnson (or ray allen) they would be SERIOUS contenders ...

PG Rose
SG JJ
SF Deng
PF Bosh
C Noah

Bench: Gibson, Johnon, doesnt matter ...

That is a team full of all-stars and no superstars. They would have a very good team but nothing special. They need to land Bron or Wade to be in the serious contenders discussion.

j.dizzle
06-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Whoever lands Amare is getting fucked with no Vaseline.
:lmao I really wanna know what kind of player he really is if he plays without a Hall of Fame PG spoon feeding him all his points hahaha & he plays matador D. Some desperate team is gonna pay his ass though.

Killakobe81
06-24-2010, 08:55 PM
That is a team full of all-stars and no superstars. They would have a very good team but nothing special. They need to land Bron or Wade to be in the serious contenders discussion.

I disagree.
Rose is no Lebron ...but I think Rose can reach Wade's level of stardom ...tough to say but I think it's possible.

Bosh is no Lebron Wade or Rose but he is in the next tier of stars ...

The other guys are good role players ...who are solid all-stars.

IN THE EAST the team above is a contender ESPECIALLY if Wade and Lebron don't team up ...

Plus Tom T will have the defense humming ...

resistanze
06-24-2010, 09:41 PM

Agreed. After that shitfest JJ threw up this past postseason I wouldn't want him. That team just looks too soft on paper and not long enough. But swapping JJ for Wade/Bron and maybe a long big off the bench, then we're talking.