PDA

View Full Version : Who here, feels sorry for the Cavs?

TE
06-24-2010, 03:12 PM
I know I do. After 7 years with Lebron, they haven't been able to do much, amid get to a finals and get swept. And it looks as if Lebron isn't going to stay. If he really wanted to stay then he would have committed a long time ago.

Let's face it: Cleveland without Lebron=walking doormat of the NBA once again.

Thoughts?

23LeBronJames23
06-24-2010, 03:17 PM
I feel sorry for Cleveland fans they're pretty much fucked like Seattle was couple years ago but hey atleast they will still have a team. Luckily I'm more of a LeBron fan than a Cavaliers fan since I don't live in Ohio.

Giuseppe
06-24-2010, 03:19 PM
First losing the Browns, now losing LeBron.

Ugh.

BUMP
06-24-2010, 03:21 PM
First losing the Browns

Thats a bad thing?

monosylab1k
06-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Why feel sorry for them? They lucked into getting a franchise player with GOAT potential, who lives in Ohio and loves the Cavs. Then they spent 7 seasons making every incompetent move possible to drive him away.

It's their own fault LeBron is leaving.

baseline bum
06-24-2010, 03:41 PM
If he really wanted to stay then he would have committed a long time ago.

You could have said the same about Duncan in 2000. And no, I don't feel sorry for the Cavs. Not when they tried to con Boozer into signing an MLE deal. Not when they made their bed by blowing all their potential capspace locking up mid-to-low level talent like Varejao, Parker, and Moon and then wouldn't give up a mediocre prospect in exchange for the desperately needed scoring that Stoudemire could have provided.

Edward
06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Luckily I'm more of a LeBron fan than a Cavaliers fan since I don't live in Ohio.

In the sports world this is known as a bandwagon fan.

BadOdor
06-24-2010, 03:58 PM
I feel sorry for Cleveland fans they're pretty much fucked like Seattle was couple years ago but hey atleast they will still have a team. Luckily I'm more of a LeBron fan than a Cavaliers fan since I don't live in Ohio.

In other words, you're a lebron nut hugger.

eisfeld
06-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Cleveland fucked up everything they had. LeBron as a superstar is good but the rest of their signings and trade were done because they were desperate. Mo Williams? Shaq? Jamison? Since LeBron they never really cared about developing players and making smart trades. They surrounded LeBron with quality role players but even LeBron couldn't make it with this core.

Kobe needed Gasol, Duncan needed Manu and Parker, Pierce needed Garnett and Allen and LeBron had nothing. I wish him well for his future... btw. Cavs should sell their Franchise to Las Vegas

JamStone
06-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Cavs fans didn't make those moves. And not all of the moves were horrible. In hindsight, it's easier to say none of the moves were really very good at all. They hardly gave up anything for Mo Williams. He's just a playoff choker. I think Jamison was a bad move because not only didn't it work out (also retrospective) but he eats up caps space in the summer LeBron is a free agent. But again, Cavs fans and the City of Cleveland aren't to blame for the "incompetent" moves that were made.

I feel sorry for Cleveland fans to a certain extent. Ups and downs in pro sports happens for every team and every city. But Cleveland hasn't been able to catch a fortunate break or even one truly satisfying sports moment in decades and decades of unlucky sports years. So yeah, in a way I do. But the other part of me is like most of you who don't feel sorry for them at all because hey, tough shit. That's how it goes. Cavs fans just like any other sports fans are ready to kick you when you're down, laugh and mock you when their team is better. So, same goes for them.

I do. And I don't.

bdictjames
06-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Jamison and Mo Williams can still make the Cavs into a 8-10 seed in the East.

mikeschy55
06-24-2010, 04:32 PM
yea.... I do kind of feel sorry for them (as in their fans)

dallasmavsnfuego214
06-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Does anybody remember that douche ThunderDan? If you don't feel sorry for Cleveland fans just go back and look at his posts

When the Cavs were great he was on par with Lakaluva as far as arrogance goes maybe even worse, except he didn't practically "live" at this site like Luva does so some might not remember.

Andrew Bynum
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM

:lol This is fantastic.

MavDynasty
06-24-2010, 05:40 PM
lol bandwagoning fuckstick a la killakobe81

NewJerSpur
06-24-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm not the biggest LBJ fan to say the least, but he's playing it smart by not showing his hand before Cleveland (or any potential suitor for that matter) shows theirs. I don't think he's out-the-door necessarily like most, but he's definitely sizing up the landscape. The Clippers are a darkhorse though imo.

djohn2oo8
06-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Then what the hell do we feel for the Knicks?

SevenX
06-24-2010, 10:43 PM
In the sports world this is known as a bandwagon fan.

Venti Quattro
06-24-2010, 10:47 PM

lol wearing cleveland's colors forever in ST