PDA

View Full Version : Gregg Allman Undergoes Liver Transplant

duncan228
06-24-2010, 03:28 PM
Gregg Allman Undergoes Liver Transplant (http://www.rttnews.com/Content/EntertainmentNews.aspx?Id=1343325&Section=2&genre=oldies)

Gregg Allman underwent a liver transplant at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, on Wednesday morning. The 62-year-old rock legend has been receiving treatment for Hepatitis C since 2007.

Shortly after being diagnosed, Allman told Billboard that the hepatitis "was laying dormant for awhile and just kind of crept up on me. I was worn out. I had to sleep 10 or 11 hours a day to play two or three (hours). It's just one of those things that sneaks up on you and will just kind of ride you for as long as you don't know you have it."

"I feel pretty good, considering everything that's happened," Allman said in a statement after the operation. "Everybody involved here, my doctors and nurses in the hospital and all the Allman Brothers fans, they've just all been great . . . All I can say is 'thanks.'"

There is no word yet on Allman's long-term prognosis or when he will return to the stage.

kV18QRFfxiM

T75YklbUXj8

KHhKnc0XZrs

ChuckD
06-24-2010, 11:08 PM
Hepatitis, my ass. Greg Allman drank his liver dead. This is no more surprising than David Crosby's liver transplant a while back.

Bender
06-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Rory Gallagher's liver was what did him in too...

"too much alcohol" just like his song.

marini martini
06-24-2010, 11:22 PM
Augie Meyer, got his new kidney, a month before his cut-off date????:toast

Viva Las Espuelas
06-25-2010, 07:41 AM
Augie Meyer, got his new kidney, a month before his cut-off date????:toast

Sadly, Esteban didn't. :cry

marini martini
06-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Sadly, Esteban didn't. :cry

:nope