PDA

View Full Version : James Anderson Videos

nbaman99
06-24-2010, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpzbDXHFd8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3t0LNuZPZE

LegendaryFan44
06-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I like the pick..hope the Spurs trade Parker...Tim and Antonio should retire...let the young guys take over.

tp2021
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM
LegendaryFail44

nbaman99
06-24-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjO82Qxo2Wc

this is a cool video

DesignatedT
06-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Anderson :tu

lefty
06-24-2010, 08:47 PM
NBA Comparison: Nick Anderson/Daequan Cook

Strengths: Prolific scoring swingman in a wiry 6-6 frame ... Highly efficient offensive game (46% FG for his college career) ... Lights out shooter with textbook form and high release ... Possesses boundless range with no deterioration in accuracy from distance (38.4%) ... Has no conscious, even in the face of repeated misses ... Extremely effective in catch-and-shoot situations, with his feet set and ready to fire ... Always squares his body to the rim with great balance and elevation on his jumper. Shoots well off the dribble when driving to his left ... Likes to take a jump stop just inside the paint for a little right-handed floater. Uses his vertical to quickly elevate over defenders inside. Has the ability to hang and adjust his shot mid-leap ... He's increased his aggression taking the ball to the basket ... Attempted 3.2 FT as a freshman, 4.7 as a sophomore and 7.2 through ten game as a junior (86%) ... Not afraid to take smaller defenders into the post ... Boasts an incredible wingspan ... Provides an incredible boost on the boards where he hits the offensive glass hard (5 rpg, 2 offensive) ... Has the skill set of a lockdown defender with his lateral quickness, length and dedication to the defensive side of the ball ... Was asked to take on an enhanced leadership role by coach Ford, and has responded commendably.
Weaknesses: Lack of ball handling skills really constricts his game ... He is not comfortable creating offense for himself or teammates ... Appears hesitant with the ball in his hands with a lack of ingenuity ... Despite his athletic gifts, does not look "smooth" when forced to make a basketball move ... Drives to the basket are predominantly to his left ... Unable to change directions with the rock ... Dribbles with his head down ... Turnovers (2 per game for his career) and offensive fouls have been a problem ... Not a particularly adept passer (1.3 ast per game) ... His basketball IQ needs work ... He's a natural shooter, but not a natural basketball player ... Could certainly stand to add some bulk, which would aid his ball handling woes ... Knocked off balance too easily on drives ... Despite improved aggression, still spends too much time floating around the perimeter, especially in crunch time. Needs to augment his mid-range game.
Notes: Has some oddball statistical games early in the 2009-2010 season, with a 15 rebound game vs. Seattle and a 5 block game vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff. Was selected to the USA team at the World University Games where he averaged 7 pts and 2 rebounds in 12 minutes per game.

Adam Ganeles 12/19/09

S3t0LNuZPZE

Cane
06-24-2010, 08:48 PM
http://www.sattlers.org/mickey/site/archive/2003/05/images/evil-agent-smith.jpg

Russ
06-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Bruce Bowen with a better J?

Cane
06-24-2010, 08:59 PM

Unfortunately this kid seems to be below average when it comes to defense IIRC.

nbaman99
06-24-2010, 09:05 PM
manuginobili Our new teammate is James Anderson, from OK St. Shooting Guard. Welcome to the Spurs, man!

Manu on twitter

Budkin
06-24-2010, 09:06 PM
I like the pick..hope the Spurs trade Parker...Tim and Antonio should retire...let the young guys take over.

Please step in front of a speeding bus.

4RINGS
06-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Will he be playing for the Toros next year???

kbrury
06-24-2010, 09:21 PM
Will he be playing for the Toros next year???

I doubt it unless he loses his shooting touch lol. :downspin:

tdunk21
06-24-2010, 09:33 PM
will anderson be sent to toros?

LegendaryFan44
06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Guys..my statement makes sence..I dont wanna see Tim in his last years where he cant even make a layup like D Rob..Parkers best days are behind him..Dice is a grandfather..cmon..wake up already..may a speeding bus run over all fans who live in the past.

Russ
06-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Unfortunately this kid seems to be below average when it comes to defense IIRC.

NBADraft.net gives Anderson 9 out of 10 on the defense rating (as high as his shooting rating). :wow

Russ
06-24-2010, 09:39 PM
will anderson be sent to toros?

Not a chance IMO.

Tim Duncan
06-24-2010, 09:39 PM

Shut the fuck up you faggot.....I ain't retiring!!!!

:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss:pctoss

tdunk21
06-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Guys..my statement makes sence..I dont wanna see Tim in his last years where he cant even make a layup like D Rob..Parkers best days are behind him..Dice is a grandfather..cmon..wake up already..may a speeding bus run over all fans who live in the past.

stfu with ur screwed up fuckin suggestion

LegendaryFan44
06-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Not related but take Brazil tomorrow in the World Cup..minus however many goals.

LegendaryFan44
06-24-2010, 09:41 PM
OMG..TIM??? Is that really u..sorry man..just da way I feel..maybe u can replace Sean at the mike...

TwelveGs210
06-24-2010, 09:44 PM
I doubt it unless he loses his shooting touch lol. :downspin:

Don't jinx him, we dont need another Mcclintock.

Cane
06-24-2010, 09:44 PM
NBADraft.net gives Anderson 9 out of 10 on the defense rating (as high as his shooting rating). :wow

Wow thats pretty high, hopefully that carries over :wow

He does seem to have at least a lot of potential on that end, a March article from http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Anderson-5106/ said that his defense was his chink in the armor but time will tell.

murpjf88
06-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I see a lot of similarities between Mcclinton and Anderson,

tdunk21
06-24-2010, 09:47 PM
OMG..TIM??? Is that really u..sorry man..just da way I feel..maybe u can replace Sean at the mike...

maybe u dont belong here......stop with ur fuckin kindergarten jokes...

Arrowch4
06-24-2010, 09:49 PM

Do you want the #1 overall pick next year. this team has life in it still. tim wins 1 for the thumb.

spurstd4
06-24-2010, 09:55 PM
these are the type of fans that ruin it for me as a spurs fan. we heard from this type of fan all year long wahh wahh. i bet you were back on the wagon when spurs beat the mavs as soon as the spurs lost to the suns back to the cry baby stuff. and i get it your entitled to your opinion, but if your fan you should be damn proud of the team we have. spurs would not have any have championships if not for tim duncan. so as far as i am concerned he could play in a wheelchair with a flat tire and his old balls dragging on the floor till he decides to ride off in the sunset.:flag::flag::flag:

LegendaryFan44
06-24-2010, 09:58 PM
I forgot how opposing opinions are with u sensitive types...ok..Tim can stay...10-15 minutes per game MAX.

LegendaryFan44
06-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Guys..never off the bandwagon..been on it since 76-77..back when the Celts beat the Spurs in the dreaded mini series..u cant tell me anything I dont know...I am harsh I admit..thats the way it is.

spurstd4
06-24-2010, 10:55 PM
I forgot how opposing opinions are with u sensitive types...ok..Tim can stay...10-15 minutes per game MAX.
i tell you one thing it just amazes me is that your too stupid to notice how good you got as a spurs fan. you sound like the spurs are finishing below .500 with no playoffs. 50 wins for 11 SEASONS straight. how many times did that happen since 76-77? oh i forgot with 4 championships. i'm not sensitive, just loyal to the player who took the spurs to those championships.

Hooks
06-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Against Kansas, a lot of the highlights are Anderson's (23), he's a BEAST!!

0TbdUsYZsxA

Russ
06-24-2010, 11:39 PM
He does seem to have at least a lot of potential on that end, a March article from http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Anderson-5106/ said that his defense was his chink in the armor but time will tell.

DraftExpress and NBADraft.net seem to have a divergence of opinion on Anderson's D. Here's a quote from NBADraft.net:

... Has the skill set of a lockdown defender with his lateral quickness, length and dedication to the defensive side of the ball ...

So the two best NBA draft sites seem to disagree.

austN Spur
06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Anderson has 31 with 12 rebounds against ranked baylor in this game with highlights after the short commercial.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=300510197

SouthTexasRancher
06-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Please step in front of a speeding bus.

:tu:rollin:tu

SouthTexasRancher
06-25-2010, 12:03 AM

lakaluva, is that you? :rollin

Agloco
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM

Whoah there.......:lol

Interrohater
06-25-2010, 01:06 AM
Whoah there.......:lol

How about a modern-day, albeit shorter and in a different position, Sean Elliott?

Or rather, the same role that Sean had for us while he was here. Energy, pinpoint accuracy, the combined ability of an outside shot with the quick first step, and wiry frame that's perfect for perimeter defense.

Of course, it's very early, so even I don't believe it yet, and I said it.

mingus
06-25-2010, 01:13 AM
i know nothing about the college game. hope he can be good for this team and at least fill the much needed need for 3-point shooing.

eisfeld
06-25-2010, 01:20 AM
LegendaryFail44

:lmao +1

EricB
06-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Some one had a good comparison and I hope its true, a James Harden type. Right handed that is.

The way he shoots off curls and screens a bit of a Ray Allen type.

Heres hoping *crosses fingers*

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2010, 02:22 AM
whats his wingspan and vertical?

those alley oop dunks, looks like he barely has any above the rim game

westbound17
06-25-2010, 02:24 AM
We need him, don't send James to Toros..or that's suicide!

Interrohater
06-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Another pre-draft piece (http://www.mynbadraft.com/NBA-Draft-Profiles-2010/James-Anderson) that I hadn't seen posted:

Strengths: A pure pathological scoring machine, by any means necessary he is getting the ball in the hoop. Has the ability to draw fouls while penetrating, with several head fakes and getting to the charity stripe at a high rate. I'm not really sure if it's a good or bad thing, but he has a gunner's mentality. A great shooter with great release and follow through, and has what you call, "shoot from the parking lot range". Nice solid frame that can absorb contact at the next level. He does a good job hunting for a open shot, such as coming off screens, fads, and simply being patient, he knows the offense goes through him. Not a freak athlete, but does have a nice set of springs. During the season against K-State, Anderson received the pass on the baseline and threw down a man like dunk, that is a testament of what he can do. Had a great career torching the Big Twelve.

Weaknesses: Forces bad shots when he is frustrated, and shoots off balance at times. Puts in the effort on defense, but gives up to much separation guarding his man. This goes back to his gunner's mentality, he needs to pick his spots during the course of the game, and get teammates more involve.

Outlook: Superior scorer deluxe is whats on his menu. Plug him into a NBA line up, and he will produce. If drafted by the right team, Anderson should score enough to be among the top rookies, and possibly a top league scorer in the future, he is just that good.

NBA Comparison: Jerry Stackhouse
Player profile submitted by: Monta Williams

SenorSpur
06-25-2010, 02:28 AM
Anybody know about this defensive capability?

Ooops. Just read the post from Interrohater.

Disregard.

lurker23
06-25-2010, 02:29 AM
whats his wingspan and vertical?

those alley oop dunks, looks like he barely has any above the rim game

Wingspan: 6' 8.5"

No step vertical: 30.0 inches

Max vertical: 35.5 inches

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Anderson-5106/

Interrohater
06-25-2010, 02:33 AM
Name:Anderson, James
Height w/o Shoes:6'4.75"
Player Height with Shoes:6'5.75"
Player Weight:207.6
Wingspan:6'8.5"
Standing Reach:8'8"
Body Fat:7.9
Hand Length:8.5
Hand Width:7.3

lurker23
06-25-2010, 02:35 AM
I like what a lot of the profiles say about his confidence. One said that he has "no conscience" and another said that he has a "gunner's mentality." In many cases, I would probably consider these negatives, as you don't want a guy that goes off the reservation and fires up bad shots.

However, with this established Spurs team, I don't think Anderson is going to come in here with any kind of illusion that he is "the man," no matter what squad we put out there with him.

Rather, that confidence may be the only way he can effectively play a role that the Spurs need him to play, which is hitting the open shot when called upon to do so, both in the regular season and into the playoffs, maybe even in his rookie year.

mingus
06-25-2010, 02:36 AM
heard he had a weakness handling the ball... obviously, as a guard, that's going to hurt your stock and it's prob. one of the big reasons he was drafted where he was. the main thing is that his role potentially with the Spurs won't really requier him to be much of a play-maker. if he can do the other things he asked of like defend (which apprently he's not very good at) and hit the 3 (supposed to be very good here), then he'll fit well at the sg position. b/w Hill and Manu, i'm not sure how much time he'll get at that position though.

Interrohater
06-25-2010, 02:41 AM
However, with this established Spurs team, I don't think Anderson is going to come in here with any kind of illusion that he is "the man," no matter what squad we put out there with him.

I can see him playing really well with Dejuan and Hill out on the floor when we go small. Hill playing pick and roll with Dejuan and both having the option to kick out to a wide open shooter that can actually hit the long range shot? :lol maybe our bench can actually have the firepower that they should have had last year.

pookenstein
06-25-2010, 03:20 AM
I like the pick.

You should have stopped after this.

Otherwise:

LegendaryFail44

06-25-2010, 03:36 AM
all this talk of gunner's mentality, below average to average defense, bad shot selection at times, weakness handling the ball reminds me of mason. oh man, i hope i am wrong.

tim_duncan_fan
06-25-2010, 03:50 AM
all this talk of gunner's mentality, below average to average defense, bad shot selection at times, weakness handling the ball reminds me of mason. oh man, i hope i am wrong.

I think they mean a gunner's mentality as in not afraid to shoot it, but actually good at shooting it. Think JR Smith and Stephen Jackson. I like to think that he'll probably be a little more careful with his shot selection than those two are.

But anyway, this team definitely needs a shooter with big cajones. Let him jack up a couple crazy 3s a game as long as he's confident in his ability to make them and they go in when we need them to.

I just know everyone is tired of lame-ass marks who get too scared shitless late in the game to actually concentrate and make the ball go in.

Interrohater
06-25-2010, 03:54 AM
I think they mean a gunner's mentality as in not afraid to shoot it, but actually good at shooting it. Think JR Smith and Stephen Jackson. I like to think that he'll probably be a little more careful with his shot selection than those two are.

But anyway, this team definitely needs a shooter with big cajones. Let him jack up a couple crazy 3s a game as long as he's confident in his ability to make them and they go in when we need them to.

Manu does that at LEAST twice a game

tim_duncan_fan
06-25-2010, 03:56 AM
I mean outside of Manu and Tim and Tony.

There has to be a role player that has the mentality that they deserve to take shots and wants to take them.

I miss S. Jackson soooo much. He's been very much needed the last couple years.