PDA

View Full Version : Jon Barry.... wow

TE
06-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Seriously who the f*** is this guy to call our window of opportunity closed. He was nothing but a scrub who was overshadowed by his drastically more talented brother and father. Respect our franchise and most of all respect Duncan and the rest of this championship ship caliber but aging squad. If I can recall, I remember him loathing on how old and slow the Celtics were, only to make him eat his words. I honestly don't know why he even has a job. He should join a retirement club for the irrelevants or something of that sort. What a bitch.
:pimpslap

ffadicted
06-24-2010, 08:40 PM
He's a huge spurs hater dawg, no surprises here

Russ
06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
It's Cain and Abel run amok.

slick'81
06-24-2010, 08:50 PM
fuck him.

Budkin
06-24-2010, 08:53 PM
He's the biggest Spurs hater on TV. I remember in 2008 when we were playing the Lakers in the playoffs, someone asked him if we had a chance to win Game 4 AT HOME. His answer? "Not a chance."

spursfan1000
06-24-2010, 08:54 PM
lol who care what he say...

Cant_Be_Faded
06-24-2010, 08:54 PM
He combines the ignorance of Tom Tolbert with the ant-Spurs sentiment of Magic Johnson.

alchemist
06-24-2010, 08:56 PM
he's the lakaluva of NBA analysts

TIMMYD!
06-24-2010, 09:02 PM
he's the lakaluva of NBA analysts

Good analogy.

Budkin
06-24-2010, 09:09 PM
He's right in more ways than one. It's funny to see the Spurfan still think their window is open...just sad...lol

Just wait until Phil Jackson leaves. They we can talk about windows being over.

Budkin
06-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Yall said the same shit about Shaq. Back2Back, bitch.

And we were right... Phil had to come back... and Jerry West's collusion sealed the deal.

NewJerSpur
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
The Spurs have had a 3-year championship drought before, nothing new. They were better this year down the stretch than they were in 2009 even though they "aged". With another year will come more cohesion and hopefully that much more production from the youth and role players.

nbaman99
06-24-2010, 09:12 PM
Ohhh wait how long it took Lakers to win another ring after the real laker Shaq left? is it 7 years?

Killakobe81
06-24-2010, 09:14 PM
Seriously who the f*** is this guy to call our window of opportunity closed. He was nothing but a scrub who was overshadowed by his drastically more talented brother and father. Respect our franchise and most of all respect Duncan and the rest of this championship ship caliber but aging squad. If I can recall, I remember him loathing on how old and slow the Celtics were, only to make him eat his words. I honestly don't know why he even has a job. He should join a retirement club for the irrelevants or something of that sort. What a bitch.

Dont think he is a "spur hater" (just a hater) he is just a guy trying to make a name for himself in a crowded field ...

Personally I think he sucks ass ...

But at least he is not a Kobe/Lebron/Paul/Wade dyckryder ...

Kori Ellis
Dude, you haven't come close to sniffing shit in almost four years.

June 2007 (title) to June 2010 = 3 years :)

spurstd4
i have to say your a bitch of a fan lakaluva so your lakers got another championship which was suspect but it wasn't kobe that got for you it was the refs. you only talk shit when you win cause last time spurs beat the lakers in l.a. you hid for a few days typical lakers sorry ass fans.

nbaman99
06-24-2010, 09:15 PM
looking at the foul calls of the games 7 we all know how u guys won this year. I just love to audit Jerry west's bank account and see if there is a deposit from the Lakers for few million Dollars for the Pau trade.

smrattler
06-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Suck cock and get used to it.

Is that what they told you last night?

Tell them, no means no.

Cane
06-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Barry just got trashed by the Van Gundy Brothers. This guy seems to always get shit on by his fellow sportscasters especially during the all star game.

TheProfessor
06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Stan calling him ugly :lol

rr2418
06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
As much as I hate to admit, he is right! I'm a realist, and the window was but a quarter of an inch open this past season. It's shut now! So what do the Spurs have to do now? I have no idea!!! Work some magic FO!

spurstd4
06-24-2010, 09:28 PM
It's been so long, it just seems like much longer.
sounds like lakaluva is a spurs fan in disguise. that's the way i feel.

TE
06-24-2010, 09:30 PM
the question has not been answered: why does Jon Barry have a job? seriously.

spurstd4
06-24-2010, 09:33 PM
the question has not been answered: why does Jon Barry have a job? seriously.
jon barry and jalen rose. they both are haters.:nope:nope:ihit

NewJerSpur
06-24-2010, 09:34 PM
As much as I hate to admit, he is right! I'm a realist, and the window was but a quarter of an inch open this past season. It's shut now! So what do the Spurs have to do now? I have no idea!!! Work some magic FO!

At least wait until the roster is set before believing wholeheartedly that the sky is falling. Still a long way to go before we get to that point and moves to be made in-house as well as during Free Agency.

Chubby_Love
06-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Jon Barry can voice his useless opinion on ESPN, but Brent Barry who's a better basketball player, and analysis than Jon Barry ever wish he could have been is not on television? Jon Barry's always hated The Spurs, so anyone that listens to him should insert a gun into their mouth. :ihit

BUMP
06-24-2010, 09:46 PM
I think the Spurs have only one more year with this core. After this age and injury will be too hard to overcome. And they have to play their cards right.

I would've said their window was completely closed but after what Boston was able to do this year i dont see why SA can't just gear up for the playoffs. The window is open about an inch but after this year its closed

TwelveGs210
06-24-2010, 09:47 PM
He's right in more ways than one. It's funny to see the Spurfan still think their window is open...just sad...lol

Kobe aint gettin' any younger. He's got alot of mileage too.

DMX7
06-24-2010, 09:53 PM
This is SOP for Jon Barry. Why the surprise?

galvatron3000
06-24-2010, 10:01 PM
The window is closed if Spurs don't put the right pieces around this group and the offense, defense and chemistry don't click on a championship level. I think the Spurs have one more run but if the refs call the games as bad as they have these last fews years, the Spurs are done.

Spurs need a youthful bench, we don't need anymore vet, Parker, Duncan, Ginobili and Dyess are enough. We need straight youth and a freakin great small forward with size and some athleticism on the front line next to Duncan. Splitter is cool but I still want more personally but a good small forward could compensate IMO

ChuckD
06-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Yall said the same shit about Shaq. Back2Back, bitch.

That shit was shut until Stern threw a rock named Gasol through it.

jag
06-24-2010, 10:38 PM

You're a "realist" who's concluded the window is shut, yet you ask the front office to work some magic?

At least you're enthusiastic!!!

Mister Sinister
06-24-2010, 10:50 PM
You're a "realist" who's concluded the window is shut, yet you ask the front office to work some magic?

At least you're enthusiastic!!!

Enthusiastically idiotic, maybe.

Andrew Bynum
06-24-2010, 10:56 PM
:lmao So fucking butthurt

Also, Jon Barry was spot on.

ace3g
06-24-2010, 11:23 PM
yeah because the Lakers have so much depth when Kobe retires, lol Spurs have players overseas and on the roster now that will keep them competitive for a while

alchemist
06-24-2010, 11:37 PM
yeah because the Lakers have so much depth when Kobe retires, lol Spurs have players overseas and on the roster now that will keep them competitive for a while
Unfortunately the Lakers will always have the upper hand when it comes to talent, Hollywood sells the Lakers.

On the other hand, Phil won't coach forever.

manufan10
06-24-2010, 11:45 PM

We all know that addition/subtraction really isn't luva's forte. :lol

daslicer
06-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Unfortunately the Lakers will always have the upper hand when it comes to talent, Hollywood sells the Lakers.

On the other hand, Phil won't coach forever.

Actually I disagree with that a lot of luck goes into stealing players in FA and making good trades. Their gm Mitch is a dumbass he has no clue what he's doing he lucked out with the Gasol trade.I can't imagine that guy building a good team like Jerry West did when Magic retired. So many factors play a role into building team into a title team you have to have a number 1 pick the year a Lebron,Shaq,Duncan players is available, 2 you have to make good trades, 3 you have to have cap space. If it was as easy as you say it was then the Knicks would always be great but as you see having stupid mgmt screwed them up for a decade along with bad drafts. Nothing is guaranteed LA has been very lucky the last 20 years starting in '96 when they stole Shaq and then in '08 when they stole Gasol for nothing. Those type of events don't come often I can't see the lakers winning a title for atleast a decade once their run comes to an end with their core.

Harry Callahan
06-24-2010, 11:48 PM
This guy Jon Barry watched the Spurs urinate on his team (the Rockets) for just about all of the last 13 years (including 22 straight losses). Pure jealousy. His own brother got two rings he will have to look at the rest of his life.

Jon inherited the jackass personality of his dad a lot more than Brent, who comes across as a much nicer person.

mytespurs
06-25-2010, 12:00 AM
My .02 on Jon Barry's opinions: goes in one hole, out the other. In other words, who cares???!!! It's just an opinion!

spurs10
06-25-2010, 12:01 AM
What is sad are guys like Jon and Lakaluva that are just jock sniffers. Jon's career was a laugh and Lakaluva, I would bet my life, has never done a fucking thing thing in his life....oh well..

alchemist
06-25-2010, 12:02 AM
Actually I disagree with that a lot of luck goes into stealing players in FA and making good trades. Their gm Mitch is a dumbass he has no clue what he's doing he lucked out with the Gasol trade.I can't imagine that guy building a good team like Jerry West did when Magic retired. So many factors play a role into building team into a title team you have to have a number 1 pick the year a Lebron,Shaq,Duncan players is available, 2 you have to make good trades, 3 you have to have cap space. If it was as easy as you say it was then the Knicks would always be great but as you see having stupid mgmt screwed them up for a decade along with bad drafts. Nothing is guaranteed LA has been very lucky the last 20 years starting in '96 when they stole Shaq and then in '08 when they stole Gasol for nothing. Those type of events don't come often I can't see the lakers winning a title for atleast a decade once their run comes to an end with their core.
I never said it was easy, but they'll have an easier time filling in their talent than anyone else in the league.

Shaq part 2 when Kobe retires.

mytespurs
06-25-2010, 12:05 AM
:lmao So fucking butthurt

Also, Jon Barry was spot on.

Thanks for the respect......seriously.....can't think any other reason why you're over here...I certainly wouldn't be if my team won b2b....if I'm the top dog, why would I care to waste my time crapping on teams that aren't on the same level as mine.......

Jason R
06-25-2010, 12:15 AM
I just won back2back. What you got?

Excuse me sir, you didn't win shit.

ChuckD
06-25-2010, 12:16 AM
We had lots of titles before PJ, just lots of them.

Yeah, but that was another era. What was it, ten... eleven years after the Pistons pumped you til you got another one? And then, when Phil left, straight mediocrity.

The thing about Phil is that he can take garbage like Rodman and Artest and actually integrate them, because he's the absolute Alpha of the team. Kobe tried his little power play in 2004 and got punked for his trouble. Phil is the big swinging dick of the platoon. Players don't DARE cause trouble, and if they do a little, he usually chooses to ignore it. Bump up an assistant or hire a lame ass, and you'd better have Artest on the next flight out, or he will rip your team apart.

TIMMYD!
06-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Yeah, but that was another era. What was it, ten... eleven years after the Pistons pumped you til you got another one? And then, when Phil left, straight mediocrity.

The thing about Phil is that he can take garbage like Rodman and Artest and actually integrate them, because he's the absolute Alpha of the team. Kobe tried his little power play in 2004 and got punked for his trouble. Phil is the big swinging dick of the platoon. Players don't DARE cause trouble, and if they do a little, he usually chooses to ignore it. Bump up an assistant or hire a lame ass, and you'd better have Artest on the next flight out, or he will rip your team apart.

Great post ChuckD. :tu

Fuck you lakaluva. :flipoff

Gutter92
06-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Dude, you haven't come close to sniffing shit in almost four years. Suck cock and get used to it.

just lakaluva, acting like his team is the best team in nba history even tho they're still a 'chip behind the Celtics. nothing to see here folks.

crc21209
06-25-2010, 12:31 AM

:lol OWNED.

UnWantedTheory
06-25-2010, 12:45 AM
It's been so long, it just seems like much longer.

You will have another drought of your own fairly soon I think.

daslicer
06-25-2010, 12:49 AM
I never said it was easy, but they'll have an easier time filling in their talent than anyone else in the league.

Shaq part 2 when Kobe retires.

Your right they can have Shaq part 2 but even that doesn't happen over night. Look at the Lebron free agent war its the biggest contest for mega superstar since the Shaq sweepstakes back in '96. So its literally been 14 years since we have had a contest to steal a superstar FA caliber player that is a game changer. I don't think the Lakers are going to end up into Shaq part 2 situation quickly it takes time and planning to steal an FA like a Shaq or Lebron. They could pull it off but it will be a long time before it happens. The best chance they have at rebuilding quickly is ending up with the number 1 pick the year a Shaq or Duncan caliber players comes out and even that takes luck.

timtonymanurich
06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
Fakaluva, go rub one out with your Kobe and Phil and Joey Crawford blow-up dolls. Lakers have bought and PAID for their last two titles. How do I know, you ask? BECAUSE THE F#@%^& FAKERS ARE $25+ MILLION OVER THE LUXURY TAX!!!! You can't tell me that Stern has it rigged so that he gets a lump sum of that. Greedy Bastard wants LA to be in the Finals because they pay to maintain his yacht and his perpetually disappointing officiating crew. Any one that says differently is selling something, or IN the Faker Organization <-- if you can call it that. :nope:nope

Phil(lys) is retiring, Kobe's key players Shannon Brown Jordan Farmar are splitsville, no one wants to be Kobe's teammate. Kobe is the Pariah of the NBA.

spurs10
06-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Uh?....a life? To say you have done anything and never will do anything of importance is probably harsh. What are the chances of someone coming up with the two gayest avatar's of all time? Maybe you're special after all.

eyeh8u
06-25-2010, 01:54 AM
my "san bostonio bulls" have 27 titles

mingus
06-25-2010, 02:14 AM
John Barry LOL

InRareForm
06-25-2010, 02:15 AM
jon barry is a piece of sh!t. emo hating mofo

UnWantedTheory
06-25-2010, 02:55 AM
This particular Barry is an idiot. He makes his career as an analyst from being a pessimistic ass.

J_Paco
06-25-2010, 05:54 AM
We're winning the next two titles. That's 4-peat, dammit.

Keep dreamin', buddy.

:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Rescueone
06-25-2010, 10:36 AM

You won??, How many points did you score for the Lakers? You're just a fan that :blah. You didn't win jack shit.

dbreiden83080
06-25-2010, 10:41 AM
a hack who rode the bench for his whole career

Who cares what he thinks??

dbreiden83080
06-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Dude, you haven't come close to sniffing shit in almost four years. Suck cock and get used to it.

Stay Classy.. :toast

temujin
06-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Jon Barry is right.

The Spurs didn't trade for Joey Crawford.

The window is closed.

ploto
06-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Considering the Spurs got swept in the second round of the play-offs after being eliminated in the first round the year before-- is it all that preposterous to claim the championship window is rapidly closing?

dbreiden83080
06-25-2010, 11:17 AM
Considering the Spurs got swept in the second round of the play-offs after being eliminated in the first round the year before-- is it all that preposterous to claim the championship window is rapidly closing?

He just comes off as obnoxious all the time towards the franchise..

rascal
06-25-2010, 11:21 AM
And we were right... Phil had to come back... and Jerry West's collusion sealed the deal.

It doesn't matter the lakers made the moves to get back on top.

rascal
06-25-2010, 11:22 AM

But wait Splitter will be the savior.:lol

galvatron3000
06-25-2010, 12:26 PM
bent out of shape over Jon Barry comment...priceless

spizzle_tronk
06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
u mad

so mad

beachwood
06-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't understand why some people on here get so bent out of shape when a talking head doesn't say we're going to win it all every year.

Yes, we are a good team. No, we are not a Championship caliber team. Championship caliber teams do not get swept. Period.

Jace
06-25-2010, 04:33 PM
:nope

2nd round playoff team isn't good?

As to his comments about the championship run being over, you can never say never.

Wasn't that long ago Kobe Bryant looked like he was going to be traded and then the Grizzlies gave away Pau Gasol.

Spurs fans can always hope that one of their former employees will give away a perennial All Star for scraps.

Maybe Sam Presti will trade us Ibaka/Green in return for Hairston

Ocotillo
06-25-2010, 04:45 PM

OK, I'll bite, who the fuck are you, Luke Walton? If you ain't on the roster, you ain't won shit.

You're just some bandwagon loser dogging another team's fan board.

Cane
06-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Championship caliber teams do not get swept. Period.

LA got swept by the Spurs before they went on their 3-peat the following year :downspin:

InRareForm
06-25-2010, 05:53 PM
barry talks shit about everyone. he is just a negative mofo.

smrattler
06-25-2010, 06:00 PM
OK, I'll bite, who the fuck are you, Luke Walton? If you ain't on the roster, you ain't won shit.

You're just some bandwagon loser dogging another team's fan board.

Probably never stepped foot in California either...

beachwood
06-25-2010, 06:05 PM
LA got swept by the Spurs before they went on their 3-peat the following year :downspin:

That was before Phil Jackson arrived, so the Lakers did their job and upgraded their organization after the sweep. The year we swept them, they were not championship material.

It remains to be seen if Splitter/Anderson is what will put us over the top. Or if the FO makes some moves.

wut
06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
The window's shut? I mean what are we really talking about here?

The Spurs had a hard time getting their defense together and when it finally came together Parker wasn't playing at full steam/confidence.

The Spurs simply didn't have the pieces needed to win, but it wasn't like they didn't have a chance at winning. You can call the window closed when you aren't making playoffs otherwise there's always a chance.

Off-season isn't even over yet, so you can't say the Spurs door is shut to winning a championship...it's just ignorant and conceited; not that Laker fans care about things like that, they rather enjoy both.

BadMotorscooter
06-25-2010, 06:14 PM
We lost in 5 in the 1st round two years ago to the Mavs and just got swept in the 2nd round this year to the Suns. Leave your emotions out of it and think with your head and the smart money says we have run our course. Nothing personal, just reality and we have to face it at some point. Nothing last forever.

NewJerSpur
06-26-2010, 08:54 PM
I would've liked our chances against the Lakers with the way we ended the season and steam-rolled into and beyond the 1st round of the playoffs. Suns had our number (particularly Frye and Dudley) this time around.....especially with the way we defended them.

I'm not pissed if someone doesn't pick us to win the whole thing, but to keep going with the "window is closed" routine gets tiresome, though I know I probably shouldn't pay it as much mind coming from certain "analysts". If the pieces fit together well like they did at the end of the season and the health of the Big 3 is in tact, how can we be counted out? We beat the #2 seed last years after losing to the same team in 2009 which was a much lower seed the year prior.