PDA

View Full Version : Summer League Info

gospursgojas
06-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Now that the Spurs 1st round of the draft is over, here is the 2010 Summer League info to watch how Anderson does.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/06/15/summer.league/index.html

Interrohater
06-24-2010, 11:19 PM
I think I'm more excited to see what Richards does since he's such an unknown. Of course, I'm not let down at all by Anderson, it's just pure curiosity.

Obstructed_View
06-24-2010, 11:21 PM
It's pretty likely that if Richards ever takes the floor for a Spurs regular season game, he probably won't be sharing it with Tim Duncan.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-24-2010, 11:21 PM
can you watch games online?

Thompson
06-24-2010, 11:33 PM
Has Anderson's hamstring injury completely healed so he can play? I'd love to see him at 100% in a week or so.

lurker23
06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing James Anderson in the summer league silver and black. However, one caveat: don't go into panic mode if he struggles with his shot. While I hope he does well, summer league is more about getting in some scrimmages and learning the system than it is about player evaluation (at least, for the guys who were drafted). 100+ games in college, with more than half of those coming in the competitive Big XII, is better for evaluation than half a dozen games in the summer in Vegas.

Obstructed_View
06-25-2010, 01:03 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing James Anderson in the summer league silver and black. However, one caveat: don't go into panic mode if he struggles with his shot. While I hope he does well, summer league is more about getting in some scrimmages and learning the system than it is about player evaluation (at least, for the guys who were drafted). 100+ games in college, with more than half of those coming in the competitive Big XII, is better for evaluation than half a dozen games in the summer in Vegas.

Good advice. In addition, the last thing on earth anyone should be worrying about is the kid's shot. George Hill came in as one of the top scorers in the country and people (including the Spurs unfortunately) freaked out when he didn't hit his buckets. Guys that can make baskets can make them at any level, and seeing how Neo plays defense and handles the higher level of competition is going to be the more important storyline to follow.