PDA

View Full Version : which team had the best draft?

Fillmoe
06-24-2010, 10:54 PM
?

Amarelooms
06-24-2010, 10:55 PM
No idea son....didn't know who half those fools getting drafted are

:elephant

Venti Quattro
kentucky

Chieflion
You guys. Ya, your team.

D2Procon
06-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Bulls in '84

Booharv
06-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I think Cousins is going to be the best player from this draft so I would pick Sacramento.

Booharv
06-24-2010, 10:59 PM
tbh Sacramento has some scary young talent now. Landry, Thompson, Cousins, and Evans.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-24-2010, 11:38 PM
tbh Sacramento has some scary young talent now. Landry, Thompson, Cousins, and Evans.

With Evans and Dalembert on the frontline, I can imagine their defense being top 10 this year and possibly making the playoffs
1 Lakers
2 Spurs
3 Blazers
4 Nuggets
5 Thunder
6 Mavs
7 Jazz
8 Grizzlies, Kings, Suns, Rockets fighting it out.

Only weak links in the entire conference are Golden State, the Clippers and Minnesota, and who knows how Blake Griffin is going to impact the Clippers

Biggems
06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
you dont know how good a teams draft is until at least 2 years or so.....

JMarkJohns
06-24-2010, 11:43 PM
For having such a late selection the Suns got a very good player in Lawal. Not going to bandy it about as a selection that makes them tops amongst all drafts, but he's athletic, tenacious, and has more potential than this past season's stats showed. I'm excited to see what he can do. I think he's a Taj Gibson type with better athleticism.

As for the top draft, you gotta like what the Thunder were able to do. They got a very good defensive PF/C and two quality shooters off the bench that'll all make an immediate impact, acquired a future 1st and potentially a lottery talent in the second for mere cash.

baseline bum
06-24-2010, 11:44 PM
kentucky

:lol

The Franchise
06-24-2010, 11:45 PM
With Evans and Dalembert on the frontline, I can imagine their defense being top 10 this year and possibly making the playoffs
1 Lakers
2 Spurs
3 Blazers
4 Nuggets
5 Thunder
6 Mavs
7 Jazz

Only weak links in the entire conference are Golden State, the Clippers and Minnesota, and who knows how Blake Griffin is going to impact the Clippers

Motherfucker who dare you!!! :nope We are going to be no lower than the 4th seed if we're healthy, and I honestly think that is too low.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-24-2010, 11:47 PM
Motherfucker who dare you!!! :nope We are going to be no lower than the 4th seed if we're healthy, and I honestly think that is too low.

I just don't see how the Rockets will be in the top 4 in the West, let alone the top 8. If it was 100% that Yao would be at full capacity then maybe, but add in that it is not entirely clear how much he can give the team this year, and the rest of the team will now have to adjust to having him as the focal point of the offense again.

Veterinarian
06-24-2010, 11:51 PM

I love Yao but you have to admit he's at Bynum type levels of durability at this point, ie probably never going to make it through an entire season without some kind of injury. Worse yet, he's a cash cow because of his overseas fan base, so he'll be doing this to you guys for 5-7 more years.

InRareForm
06-25-2010, 12:29 AM
lakers, no doubt

Kobe Molested Me
06-25-2010, 12:45 AM
1 Lakers
2 Spurs
3 Blazers
4 Nuggets
5 Thunder
6 Mavs
7 Jazz

:lol:lol:lol

sexinthatsx
06-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Derrick Favors... nets, EaSILY

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Thunder and Kings. Thunder were a playoff team that got a top 10 prospect, and they got a future 1st from a team that makes the playoffs once every other solar eclipse. Kings added a bulky center with gobs of talent and an athletic center with gobs of talent.....it seems like the new approach teams are having with drafting bigs is stockpiling as many of them as possible and hoping one pans out.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-25-2010, 01:58 AM

:lmao is this the year Zip Ming finally stays healthy?

Venti Quattro
06-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Top 4 in the West are the Lakers, Mavs, Blazers and Thunder.

Rank 'em accdg to your liking but that is the projected top 4 TBH

mingus
06-25-2010, 02:28 AM
a lot of people have been saying the Kings because of Cousins... idk, i don't like the guy's attitude, he seems apathetic. it's all speculation of course as to whether he's not motivated, but how many apathetic great players are there in today's game? strikes me as a guy who plays for a pay check. it was a pick they had to make though because of his talent-level.

Sac. has some serious talent right now. i think the bright-side for the Cousins' pick is that Westphal has a lot respect around the league, and he's someone that can prob. help Cousin's mental growth.

Booharv
06-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Thunder and Kings. Thunder were a playoff team that got a top 10 prospect, and they got a future 1st from a team that makes the playoffs once every other solar eclipse. Kings added a bulky center with gobs of talent and an athletic center with gobs of talent.....it seems like the new approach teams are having with drafting bigs is stockpiling as many of them as possible and hoping one pans out.

I don't really agree with this take tbh. That fact plus the fact that I can't sleep has led me to look pretty deeply into Sacto's draft. The Kings have done a great job of getting talented players but not in stockpiling duplicated assets like Minny (tons of pgs, 2 talented but bulky centers (Jefferson, Love) who can't play together).

Dalembert is an expiring contract so put him to the side for a second.

They have Landry who is a proven scorer and who draws fouls and shoots awesome from the line (81% the last two years). Plus he's a guy with solid athleticism who from what I read competes pretty hard on defense. But he's thin and undersized, plus for some weird reason his rebounding numbers have dwindled (16.5 rebound rate his rookie season (very good), 13.5 2nd year (weak), to 10.3 last year (awful)) so basically he should be playing next to a big bruising center who can rebound. Cousins is a big bruising center who can really rebound and should be playing with athletes so you're not running two brontosauruses up and down the court. Well Jason Thompson is a great athlete who is good in transition. He's a little light but can play the four and against guys like Camby or centers who don't post up the five. He's already a good rebounder and his per 40 minute stats are solid (16 and 11). Plus he has a very good midrange game and hit 43.5 percent of his long 2-pointers. He has troubling posting up down low because of his build but can get putbacks and jumper in the halfcourt. Also, he cut down on his turnovers from his rookie season. It also looks like he's already a decent defender and has put up solid defensive plus minus numbers the past two seasons.

So basically after Dalembert leaves they can give Cousins and Landry 35 mpg and Thompson 25 or so as the 4/5 backup if they go with a 3 man rotation. And Thompson could pick up more minutes when one them gets in foul trouble. Basically if Cousins is awesome this big man rotation has the ability to be beastly for several years.

Whiteside is just a straight up flier on a guy with potential. He should hold up his D-League jersey at the introductory press conference.

Tbh Geoff Petrie looks like he's recovered from some of his idiotic moves and is back on the path to being a solid GM.

Andrew Bynum
06-25-2010, 03:04 AM
The Spurs! They NEVER screw up a pick! They're the best ever! Late pick steals every year! How do they do it!

Veterinarian
06-25-2010, 03:17 AM
I don't really agree with this take tbh. That fact plus the fact that I can't sleep has led me to look pretty deeply into Sacto's draft. The Kings have done a great job of getting talented players but not in stockpiling duplicated assets like Minny (tons of pgs, 2 talented but bulky centers (Jefferson, Love) who can't play together).

Dalembert is an expiring contract so put him to the side for a second.

They have Landry who is a proven scorer and who draws fouls and shoots awesome from the line (81% the last two years). Plus he's a guy with solid athleticism who from what I read competes pretty hard on defense. But he's thin and undersized, plus for some weird reason his rebounding numbers have dwindled (16.5 rebound rate his rookie season (very good), 13.5 2nd year (weak), to 10.3 last year (awful)) so basically he should be playing next to a big bruising center who can rebound. Cousins is a big bruising center who can really rebound and should be playing with athletes so you're not running two brontosauruses up and down the court. Well Jason Thompson is a great athlete who is good in transition. He's a little light but can play the four and against guys like Camby or centers who don't post up the five. He's already a good rebounder and his per 40 minute stats are solid (16 and 11). Plus he has a very good midrange game and hit 43.5 percent of his long 2-pointers. He has troubling posting up down low because of his build but can get putbacks and jumper in the halfcourt. Also, he cut down on his turnovers from his rookie season. It also looks like he's already a decent defender and has put up solid defensive plus minus numbers the past two seasons.

So basically after Dalembert leaves they can give Cousins and Landry 35 mpg and Thompson 25 or so as the 4/5 backup if they go with a 3 man rotation. And Thompson could pick up more minutes when one them gets in foul trouble. Basically if Cousins is awesome this big man rotation has the ability to be beastly for several years.

Tbh Geoff Petrie looks like he's recovered from some of his idiotic moves and is back on the path to being a solid GM.

Pretty awesome post tbh :toast

You seem to have shook off the embarrassing retardation that inflicted you yesterday when you and Jamstone decided to get into a thousand word argument where you took turns guessing hard NBA players really worked out.

Basketballgirl25
06-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Derrick Favors... nets, EaSILY

are you kidding? Nets had a decent draft, though if Derrick Favors can be the type of player that comes in to work and play well like Brook Lopez did his rookie season, it could have been a really good draft

Darrin
06-25-2010, 07:43 AM
Sacramento, by far. They nabbed two high-talent individuals in Whiteside and Cousins. Today, they got the most talent (on paper).