View Full Version : The sound of silence

Shelly
08-16-2004, 10:49 AM
SCHOOL STARTED TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:elephant

pseudofan
08-16-2004, 10:51 AM
ssssaaaawwwwweeeeettttttt!!!!

I hope the traffic gets better though. It took me 40 minutes to go back around the block to get to my house. Ridiculous:gun

SpursWoman
08-16-2004, 11:43 AM
The sound of...

Mom shouting for joy in getting a big, fat pay-raise for that significantly smaller daycare check being written.

:elephant :elephant :wacko :spin

My daughter's best friend lives next door to this guy who owns a limo service. He took them all to school this morning in a limo.

How damn cool is that? :smokin2 :lol

Shelly
08-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Ha! That's awesome.

My oldest (who started middle school today..sniff) took a limo also--the bus! :lol

And my youngest will be taking it home now so I don't have to pick anyone up--woo hoo! I may never leave my house now.

Jimcs50
08-16-2004, 01:44 PM
I hate it when school starts...have to get up earlier, have to help with homework, have to go to meetings and shit at the school...it is much better in the Summer.

Shelly
08-16-2004, 01:53 PM
My son's school went back to block schedule where classes are 88 minutes long, so he should have ample time to finish his work. Plus, they said they didn't have enough books for students to take home, so I'm not expecting a lot of homework.

However, since most of our property taxes go to Northside, how in the hell can they not have enough books???

Jimcs50
08-16-2004, 02:53 PM
Shelly, you have it good. My boy always has a least 2-3 hours of homework every freaking night and he is just now going into 8th grade. Freaking private schools.:cuss

Shelly
08-16-2004, 03:06 PM
yeah, my neighbor's kids go to Catholic School and they get swamped with homework--even in elementary school.

CosmicCowboyXXX
08-16-2004, 03:21 PM
However, since most of our property taxes go to Northside, how in the hell can they not have enough books???

why silly wabbit! the money is for schools and stadiums! The bigger and fancier the better!...who cares about silly stuff like books?

T Park Num 9
08-16-2004, 03:36 PM
and school sups who dont do shit.

Alot of that tax money that goes to public schools is wasted horribly.

Shelly
08-16-2004, 03:43 PM
why silly wabbit! the money is for schools and stadiums! The bigger and fancier the better!...who cares about silly stuff like books?

Well, Northside is building a new aquatic center (not done yet) with a football field on 1604. If KB homes would stop building everywhere, they wouldn't have to build more schools! :lol

Texas is the only state I've been in where high schools don't have their own football stadium.

SpursWoman
08-17-2004, 01:03 AM
It's 11:02 after the first day of school is over and....this is the sound of backpacks being opened and...

50 MILLION FORMS BEING SIGNED!

:lol

SequSpur
08-17-2004, 01:06 AM
Tpark rides the short bus to school.

blackbucket
08-17-2004, 01:18 AM
Texas is the only state I've been in where high schools don't have their own football stadium.

I thought that was strange when I went to college in SA. Here in El Paso, each high school has their own (except for the 2 newest ones). Of course, El Paso is barely a part of Texas!

SequSpur
08-17-2004, 01:22 AM
My daughter's school plays at the new stadium near bandera and 1604. Its really nice.

Where is the new pool and stadium going?

SpursWoman
08-17-2004, 01:31 AM
the new stadium near bandera and 1604. Its really nice.

I wondered what stadium that was...I passed by it on the way to Kori's house and didn't remember ever seeing that before. Cool. :)

SpursWoman
08-17-2004, 01:34 AM
And aren't there somewhere in the vicinity of 20+ high schools in San Antonio (including Alamo Heights, etc.) ?

That'd be kind of odd having that many stadiums...unless they had *mini* ones at each school...

Alamo Spurs Fan
08-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Little ASF got to enjoy her 6th Birthday AT FREAKING SCHOOL.

Am I the only person on the planet who remembers school starting in September???

:Q

SpursWoman
08-17-2004, 01:56 AM
My daughter turns 9 tomorrow...she's happy she's going to be at school for it, because they'll say her name on the morning announcements and she gets a lot of attention.

I can't imagine where she gets that from.... :angel

Shelly
08-17-2004, 11:20 AM
Where is the new pool and stadium going?

That's the stadium. They are also putting in a pool there. I don't know when the pool will be done.

SAmikeyp
08-17-2004, 03:09 PM

Actually most do. Its just your largest districts with multiple high schools that tend to share one. Schools with just one high school in the district usually have their own. In the local area, Judson, East Central, Southside, Southwest and Boerne all have their own. Some like Harlandale ISD have two sharing one stadium. With the popularity of high school football, larger facilities have been built to accomodate. My senior year, Jay and Holmes packed 14,000 into Northside (now Gustafson) Stadium. The week before, Clark and Holmes had 16,000. Later that year in the playoffs, Judson and Holmes had 22,000 at Alamo Stadium.

herbivorefemale
08-17-2004, 05:55 PM
i bet a burly stud like you mikey has lots of hs football tales to regail us with

Hook Dem
08-18-2004, 11:33 AM
One of the benefits of being older. No kids to get off to school. Been there! Done that! Just filed for my "over 65 exemption" on property taxes. How sweet it is! Glad to see the little boogars back in school. I can go to the stores in peace now without a bunch of screaming meemies running around.:rollin You people quit producing those rug rats. Use protection already!:lol

E20
08-18-2004, 04:11 PM
My school starts at Sept 8. So I have still have some freedom.