PDA

View Full Version : Players who didn't get drafted?

BackHome
06-24-2010, 11:40 PM
A question for you college watching junkies what players who didn't get drafted would you like to see in our summer league?

Biggems
06-24-2010, 11:43 PM
G Mikhail Torrance
F/C Mac Koshwal

TimDunkem
06-24-2010, 11:44 PM
Sherron Collins

Brian Zoubek

Biggems
06-24-2010, 11:46 PM
I forgot about Zoubek....who is Sherron Collins?

TimDunkem
06-24-2010, 11:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e8/Sherron_Collins_by_Judd_Furlong.jpg

Steve-O-Matic
06-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Ben Uzoh
Scottie Reynolds
Omar Samhan

TIMMYD!
06-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Did Jon Scheyer get drafted?

TimDunkem
06-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Nope.

TheProfessor
06-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Charles Garcia, Tyler Smith, Artsiom Parakhouski

BackHome
06-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I really liked Artsiom Parakhouski (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Artsiom-Parakhouski-5690/) its funny but he was a swimmer then switched to soccer then to basketball. I would have to say that he would not be a bad insurance for somone like Dice who is getting a little long in the tooth. Thoughts?

Solid D
06-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I am absolutely impressed with both Collins and Samhan. Two guys I'm really pulling for to make it with an NBA team this year.

TimDunkem
06-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Good list. I'm surprised no one took a chance on Garcia.

jesterbobman
06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
He didn't want to get drafted his agent told me. Preferred free agency. He got his wish. RT @marcisenberg Alexey Shved not drafted???

More Undrafted Free Agents: Charles Garcia, Edwin Ubiles, Deon Thompson, Ludovic Vaty, Tyren Johnson, Vladimir Dasic, Elijah Millsap

Forgot about Sherron Collins, Ryan Thompson, A.J. Slaughter, Omar Samhan, Kevin Palmer, Tommy Mason-Griffin, Scottie Reynolds, Wayne Chism

I owe Rob Hennigan dinner, dammit. He was right about Miroslav Raduljica not getting drafted. Dude got his wish. Being a dick works I guess.

Most random second round ever. Don't know how anyone could have predicted anything that happened there. Crazy stuff.

Top undrafted free agents (part three): Marqus Blakely, Stefan Markovic, Jon Scheyer, Tyler Smith, Thomas Heurtel, Jeremy Lin, Jerome Randle

Top undrafted free agents (part two): Artsiom Parakhouski, Miroslav Raduljica, Aubrey Coleman, Matt Bouldin, Ben Uzoh, A.J. Ogilvy

Top undrafted free agents: Brian Zoubek, Samardo Samuels, Alexey Shved, Jeremy Wise, Mikhail Torrance, Sylven Landesberg, Manny Harris

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz0rpyqCA8I
http://www.draftexpress.com

Russ
06-24-2010, 11:55 PM
I still like Jerome Randle (point guard Cal).

He's a Speedy Claxton-type with a better jump shot.

TheProfessor
06-24-2010, 11:57 PM

I think several teams will be vying for his services in Summer League.

Biggems
06-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Oh yes, Kevin Palmer.....GO ISLANDERS

TheProfessor
06-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Good list. I'm surprised no one took a chance on Garcia.
He tailed off towards the end of the season, but some of the late second rounders were atrocious and had no business going ahead of him, or even getting drafted.

DMX7
06-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Oh yes, Kevin Palmer.....GO ISLANDERS

If Sherron Collins didn't get drafted, no way that guy was going to.

Biggems
06-25-2010, 12:05 AM
If Sherron Collins didn't get drafted, no way that guy was going to.

I knew he wouldnt get drafted....isnt this thread about undrafted players?

Thankfully jester posted several names for us to choose from

MY LIST
Mikhail Torrance
Mac Koshwal
Alexey Shved
Kevin Palmer
Artsiom Paraskhouski
Brian Zoubek

BackHome
06-25-2010, 12:07 AM

Good call "Proff" I would love to have Tyler and Artsiom get an invite I think both could have a chance of making the team.

Tyler Smith he gives us and upgrade to Bogans.." From DE

Sporting a near 6-10 wingspan, Smith possesses very nice size for the three spot, which coupled with good overall athleticism and impressive lateral quickness, give him a great deal of defensive upside on the NBA level. In addition to benefiting from what Trevor Ariza (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Trevor-Ariza-1527/) and Mickael Pietrus (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mickael-Pietrus-3953/) accomplished in the playoffs last season, Smith is also an efficient offensive threat thanks to his assertiveness at the rim, ability to draw contact, and very solid work ethic. Highly versatile and developing as a perimeter scorer, Smith is much closer to being a legitimate small forward than he once was, but would benefit immensely from improvements in a few key areas.

jesterbobman
06-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Personally, I'm highest on Smith, he shows up well in A/TO. (2.71 from memory), and his TS% is pretty high. Add to that he's a small forward, and I'd definitely be interested. Not a suprise he went undrafted though, with what happened at Tennesse.

Also, and of the true Centres for depth, Though I imagine Richards is a guy they'll develop and the other guys will go to/ stay in Europe for a bit.

florige
06-25-2010, 12:40 AM

Meh he is so-so. I am surprised that Samhan and Reynolds went undrafted. Samhan more than Reynolds though. That awful cold streak killed his stock.

Ditty
06-25-2010, 12:42 AM
i was hoping stanley robinson wouldnt get picked so we could pick him up for the sl roster and possibly on the regular season team

Whisky Dog
06-25-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm freaking surprised Dexter Pittman went very early 2nd round. But as always NBA drafts on measurements and potential, and Pitt has a huge upside if he ever fully gets it together.

mountainballer
06-25-2010, 03:21 AM
I would be very interested in Torrance, Tyler Smith and Paraskhouski.

bigdog
06-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Tyler Smith, Ben Uzoh, and Mikhail Torrance would be cool pickups for the Toros.

Sissiborgo
06-25-2010, 06:09 AM
Sucks that Sherron Collins did not get drafted!:rolleyes

BronxCowboy
06-25-2010, 06:10 AM
I would be very interested in Torrance, Tyler Smith and Paraskhouski.

Darkwaters
06-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Mikhail Torrance for sure.

TheProfessor
06-25-2010, 09:56 AM

According to DX, Randle will play for Washington's summer league team. Givony thinks he'll make their roster, but don't they have enough PG's as is?

Arrowch4
06-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Sherron Collins

Brian Zoubek

Collins is a great player with a lot of skills but his weight is a problem. to me this year he looked slower because of the pounds. keep him on a diet and you have a great guard. his freshmen year all the restaurant's in Lawrence KS. had signs that said, no shirt, no shoes, no Sherron.

Chieflion
06-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Personally, I want Tyler Smith to be invited to summer league at least. I really liked that assist to turnover ratio, which was ridiculously good. If anyone can keep his ass checked, it is the Spurs.

kobyz
06-25-2010, 11:33 AM
Jerome Randle or Sherron Collins would be good options for third PG role!

TimDunkem
06-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Collins is a great player with a lot of skills but his weight is a problem. to me this year he looked slower because of the pounds. keep him on a diet and you have a great guard. his freshmen year all the restaurant's in Lawrence KS. had signs that said, no shirt, no shoes, no Sherron.
Of course. If he works hard he'll make a team.

ajballer4
06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm surprised Collins didn't get drafted. I'd like to see him in a Spurs uni

SilverSpur
06-25-2010, 04:53 PM
would like to see Scottie Reynolds, Tyler Smith, Sherron Collins and Brian Zoubek get invited to camp and or signed to play with Austin

TimDunkem
06-25-2010, 05:04 PM
DraftExpress (http://twitter.com/DraftExpress)
Charlotte. I think they play in Orlando. RT @Mark_D_Noble (http://twitter.com/Mark_D_Noble) any news about where kansas' sherron collins plays this summer

TimDunkem
06-25-2010, 05:05 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/240599830/340x_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/DraftExpress) DraftExpress (http://twitter.com/DraftExpress)
Brian Zoubek will play summer league with the New Jersey Nets in Orlando.

TimDunkem
06-25-2010, 05:06 PM
(http://twitter.com/DraftExpress)http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/240599830/340x_normal.jpg (http://twitter.com/DraftExpress) DraftExpress

Artsiom Parakhouski will play for Boston's summer league team in Orlando and then needs to decide who to play for in Vegas.

Pistons < Spurs
06-25-2010, 09:24 PM
PG

* Sherron Collins - Okay, he's fat, but he was a stud at Kansas and can run a basketball team. He has a Summer League invite with the Charlotte Bobcats.
* Jon Scheyer - He's from Duke! What more could you want!? Oh, yeah. He's also 6'6", has range and a high basketball IQ. He'll play for the Miami Heat in Vegas according to Jeff Goodman, but Jonathan Givony says he'll be there with the Washington Wizards. He can't do both.
* Jerome Randle - Diminutive Cal guard did about as much as one player can do in college without being drafted. He'll play for the Washington Wizards in Vegas.
* Jeremy Wise - He played well in the D-League against NBA competition. Lots to like. He'll play with the Golden State Warriors in the Vegas Summer League.
* Mikhail Torrance - A 6-foot-5 self-described pure point out of the SEC is intriguing already. Factor in his length and the 5.1 assists he averaged this past season at Alabama and we have a legitimate snub on our hands. He went undrafted due to a heart issue. It sounds like Torrance will be playing for the Charlotte Bobcats.
* Matt Bouldin - He's from Gonzaga, has shaggy hair and Michael Levin loves him. That's enough for me. He'll play for the Chicago Bulls Summer League team.
* Scottie Reynolds - I wasn't surprised to see Reynolds go undrafted after looking abysmal for Villanova in the NCAA Tournament, but he'd definitely be worth a flyer if it were a three round draft.
* Ben Uzoh - He's an athletic scorer out of Tulsa, but at 6-foot-3 and without a true point guard pedigree he went undrafted. Still, he averaged 15-5-5 this past season while playing with newly-drafted Jerome Jordan. He'll play for the Nets this Summer.
* Jeremy Lin - I didn't see enough of him this season, but his Asian heritage and studly play (albeit at Harvard) would make him worth a look from an NBA team. He will attend a mini-camp in Dallas in hopes of making their Vegas Summer League team.

SG

* Manny Harris - The combo-guard out of Michigan has the talent to play in the NBA, but not so much the head. Regardless, he was one of the surprise players that went undrafted.
* Sylven Landesberg - He played two seasons in the ACC and averaged over 16 points and five rebounds as a 6-foot-6 shooting guard. I realize he might not be the top character guy, but at 20-years-old there's no reason he went undrafted. He'll play for the Sacramento Kings in Las Vegas.
* Denis Clemente - The Kansas State shooter is pretty undersized, but he also has a pretty sweet stroke. I'm surprised his NCAA Tournament performance didn't get an NBA decison-maker excited.
* Aubrey Coleman - Coleman enough holes in his game that I can understand GM's not being high on him. But then I look at the Houston senior and remember he averaged 25.6 points and 7.4 rebounds as a 6-foot-3 shooting guard. Give the streetballer a chance.
* Ryan Thompson - You know what I know about Thompson? He's Jason Thompson's brother. After averaging 15+ points and 5+ boards the past three seasons at Rider, you'd think that'd be enough. He'll play with his brother on the Sacramento Kings Summer League team and for the Boston Celtics in Orlando.

SF

* Elijah Millsap - Remember how so many NBA teams are disappointed in missing out on Paul Millsap? They're going to think the same thing about his younger brother.
* Tyren Johnson - Johnson stood out at the Portsmouth Invitational and averaged 18 points and 8 boards on his way to becoming the Sun Belt Conference Player of the Year.
* Tyler Smith - Got kicked off the Tennessee basketball team after being caught with weapons and such, but then buggered off to Turkey where he averaged 16.8 points, 6.8 boards and 4.1 assists while shooting 53% from the field and 42% from beyond the arc. There's some talent there if the off-the-court stuff can be reined in.
* DeShawn Sims - Another undrafted player out of Michigan, but it wasn't because of lack of production in the Big Ten. Sims averaged 16.8 points and 7.6 boards as a tweener.
* Raymar Morgan - I might only pay attention to Raymar Morgan because one of my friends is a huge Michigan State fan, but he did do the dirty work on some pretty good Michigan State teams.

PF

* Charles Garcia - After being so hyped to begin the season, the pride of Seattle U's stock plummeted to the point of undrafted.
* Samardo Samuels - The Louisville big man was formerly the top prospect out of high school, but it seems his being a little short to play inside led to him going undrafted. This could be a big mistake. He will play for the Chicago Bulls in Vegas.
* Deon Thompson - I'm surprised he got so little after being a solid role player at North Carolina. He doesn't have great size, but he has a good pedigree.
* Michael Washington - Washington probably would have been in the discussions as a first round pick after averaging 15.5 points and 9.8 boards as a junior at Arkansas. His rebounding dropped significantly this season, though, and finds himself on the outside looking in following the draft. He'll play for the Knicks in Vegas.
* Mac Koshwal - Mac "The Pride of DePaul" Koshwal averaged 16.1 points and 10.1 rebounds this past season. With legitimate NBA size at 6-foot-10, 255 pounds, you'd think that'd be worth something.
* Wayne Chism - There's gotta be room for a guy that wears his headband like that, right? He'll play for the New Jersey Nets in Orlando and the Sacramento Kings in Vegas.
* Lance Thomas - I don't know enough about the Duke bigman, but longtime RU contributor Aisander D kept texting me during his bachelor party Thursday night asking if the Bobcats had drafted him.

C

* Brian Zoubek - I guess we really know the Duke bias is gone if there were three potential players out of Durham and none of them got drafted. With Zoubek's size and... size, I thought he'd hear his name Thursday night. He's apparently 'leaning toward' playing with the New Jersey Nets.
* Miroslav Raduljica - I doubt he'll come over to play Summer League, but I decided to include him here so we could go back and remember this.
* Artsiom Parakhouski - The 7-footer out of Radford had a lot of good buzz around him, but I guess the NBA wasn't interested in big men that seem to have reached their potential. Parakhouski will play for Boston in Orlando.
* Omar Samhan - The most overhyped prospect this side of ever, Samhan had a few good NCAA Tournament games that he capitalized on by being personable. He'll play for the Miami Heat Summer League team.
* A.J. Ogilvy - Ogilvy is a skilled big man out of Vanderbilt with an old school game. However, his numbers declined every year in college and scouts worried about his lack of athleticism leading to the current predicament.

Players I would have been surprised to see drafted, but have Summer League Invites:

* Rodney Green - The LaSalle guard will play for the Boston Celtics in Orlando.
* Ryan Brooks - Temple's finest will play for the Philadelphia 76ers Summer League team.
* Tweety Carter - He'll take his sweet name and decent game to Orlando to play for the New Jersey Nets.
* Marquis Gilstrap - Will be playing for the Charlotte Bobcats.
* Damian Johnson - Will be playing for the Miami Heat in Orlando and somewhere in Vegas.
* Marqus Blakely - Will play for the Los Angeles Clippers in Vegas.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/6/25/1536171/nba-draft-2010-is-it-time-to

Pistons < Spurs
06-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Bryan Davis - Has an invite to play for the San Antonio Spurs.

Bryan Davis

Texas A&M Aggies #0 - Forward

Height 6-9 Weight: 250

Year: senior

ChumpDumper
06-26-2010, 12:42 AM

Bryan Davis

Texas A&M Aggies #0 - Forward

Height 6-9 Weight: 250

Year: seniorGuess the Toros could allocate him if he wanted to stay in the states.

Biggems
06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
I would like to give Marqus Blakely a look....even though he is only 6'5, his wingspan allows him to play much bigger....and he would be a nice G/F off the end of the bench.

Biggems
06-26-2010, 08:34 PM
I dont think Ian comes back. I hope Bonner and Bogans dont come back. I really want Mikhail Torrance, but I dont see us bringing him in, as I feel he ends up in the East.

Sign Anderson and Reynolds. Sign UDFAs Mac Koshwal and Marqus Blakely. Bring over Splitter.

C - Splitter, McDyess, Reynolds
PF - Duncan, Blair, Koshwal
SF - Jefferson, Hairston, Blakely
SG - Manu, Anderson, Gee
PG - Parker, Hill, Temple

BackHome
06-27-2010, 04:56 PM
+1 Artsiom Parakhouski !

Biggems
06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
btw, i meant richards not reynolds

Solid D
06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
* Omar Samhan - The most overhyped prospect this side of ever, Samhan had a few good NCAA Tournament games that he capitalized on by being personable. He'll play for the Miami Heat Summer League team.

I read somewhere that Samhan will also play in Vegas for the Dallas Mavericks.