PDA

View Full Version : North Korea demands $75 Trillion from United States for decades of sanctions

MiamiHeat
06-25-2010, 01:21 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/06/24/2936414.htm?section=justin

Cash-strapped North Korea has demanded the United States pay almost $US65 trillion ($75 trillion) in compensation for six decades of hostility.

The official North Korean news agency, KCNA, says the cost of the damage done by the US since the peninsula was divided in 1945 is estimated at $US64.96 trillion.

The compensation call comes on the eve of the 60th anniversary of the start of the 1950-1953 Korean War.

KCNA said the figure includes $US26.1 trillion arising from US "atrocities" which left more than 5 million North Koreans dead, wounded, kidnapped or missing.

The agency also claims 60 years of US sanctions have caused a loss of $US13.7 trillion by 2005, while property losses were estimated at $US16.7 trillion.

The agency said North Koreans have "the justifiable right" to receive the compensation for their blood.

LnGrrrR
06-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Seriously... is this an article from the Onion? I hope N. Korea isn't wondering why they have no respect in the international community.

Veterinarian
06-25-2010, 03:05 AM
No surprises here, Kim Jong Il just being the retard he's supposed to be.

greyforest
06-25-2010, 05:32 AM
http://coto2.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/dr-evil2.jpg
$65,000,000,000,000 !!!!!!!!!!!

admiralsnackbar
06-25-2010, 06:52 AM
Sometimes this shit just has to make you laugh.

florige
06-25-2010, 07:42 AM
We need to just blow this bothersome country up and get it over with.

Drachen
06-25-2010, 09:27 AM
why does it say $65 trillion ($75 trillion)? Is the first part North Korean Dollars? Seems strange to me that they would call their currency "Dollars". Do they have a currency?

TeyshaBlue
06-25-2010, 09:32 AM
NK couldn't export a ham sandwich. You could buy the whole shithole for $78.

DarkReign
06-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I once watched an extensive documentary on the Korean Peninsula on PBS. It was 4 hours long and was mostly about the families divided by the border and how rare it is for them to be allowed to see one another.

Anyway...

The film obviously went deep into the NK situation. Showing propoganda films released before, during and after the war.

The NK government actually produced and distributed an infomercial on how to properly cook and eat grass.

Grass, like...the shit on your lawn. As food. From the government.

The fact that this regime even has a voice that is heard beyond its own borders is more acknowledgement than it deserves. When KJI2 dies, reunite the peninsula, by force if necessary. My vote, anyway.

Oh, Gee!!
06-25-2010, 10:26 AM
they're probably making this required viewing in all NK schools, homes, and businesses. Kim Jong-Il is just shifting the blame to us to keep his countrymen from rioting in the streets against him as the cause of their misery.

Wild Cobra
06-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Will someone please zerox off $75 trillion from the game of Life and send it to N. Korea.

Oh....

Anyone up to the challenge of how many cubic feet those $100,000 bills will need to equal $75 trillion?

BlackSwordsMan
06-25-2010, 11:40 AM
why can't one of these countries nuke us already? get it over with

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2010, 01:43 PM
KJ Il would be a fucking hilarious little bastard if he wasn't a military dictator and didn't have nukes.

baseline bum
06-25-2010, 04:35 PM
I once watched an extensive documentary on the Korean Peninsula on PBS. It was 4 hours long and was mostly about the families divided by the border and how rare it is for them to be allowed to see one another.

Anyway...

The film obviously went deep into the NK situation. Showing propoganda films released before, during and after the war.

The NK government actually produced and distributed an infomercial on how to properly cook and eat grass.

Grass, like...the shit on your lawn. As food. From the government.

The fact that this regime even has a voice that is heard beyond its own borders is more acknowledgement than it deserves. When KJI2 dies, reunite the peninsula, by force if necessary. My vote, anyway.

Was this an extended episode of Frontline or a National Geographic special? Any idea on the title of it? It sounds interesting. I'd love to see the propaganda on the Ryugong Hotel.

ElNono
06-25-2010, 05:14 PM
http://www.bolgernow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/kin-jong-il.jpg

I WANT MY MONEYYYY!!!!

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2010, 05:26 PM
We should pull a Libya and just target this asshole and blow him up with a conventional air strike. I'm sure South Korea has reliable spies/eyes on the ground there. Laser designators,stealth bombers.

Game, Set, Match

CubanMustGo
06-25-2010, 05:45 PM
We should pull a Libya and just target this asshole and blow him up with a conventional air strike. I'm sure South Korea has reliable spies/eyes on the ground there. Laser designators,stealth bombers.

Game, Set, Match

Do that and the guys that are left unleash a huge conventional attack on Seoul which is like 30 miles from the border. Tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians die. Game, set, match.

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Do that and the guys that are left unleash a huge conventional attack on Seoul which is like 30 miles from the border. Tens or hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians die. Game, set, match.

Not if you talk to them first. We do the dirty work. You don't pull the trigger. You are a world hero for not escalating. Welcome to 2010 with no sanctions.

ElNono
06-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Not if you talk to them first. We do the dirty work. You don't pull the trigger. You are a world hero for not escalating. Welcome to 2010 with no sanctions.

I thought NK had nukes? You really want to risk them wiping South Korea?

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2010, 06:11 PM
I thought NK had nukes? You really want to risk them wiping South Korea?

I'm talking a pre-arranged coup. Military Assassination. Boom. No time to push a button. Next government (probably military) steps up. KJ Il problem solved.

Damn I miss the good old days.

Just talkin shit here.

Yonivore
06-25-2010, 06:16 PM
What? Wait, didn't Madeleine Albright take care of this midget during the Clinton administration?

http://www.globalclashes.com/images/kim_jong_il_and_madeleine_albright.jpg

http://www.northkorealeak.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/0709091647_M_070909_kim91.jpg

Fucking Democrats are diplomatic retards.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2010, 06:19 PM
What? Wait, didn't take care of this midget during the Clinton administration?

Fucking Democrats are diplomatic retards.So what did the Bush administration do about him?

The Reckoning
06-25-2010, 06:22 PM
honestly i wouldnt be surprised if China invaded them first

jack sommerset
06-25-2010, 06:36 PM
They won't get the cash but Barry will certainly apologize for us all.

Yonivore
06-25-2010, 06:37 PM
No doubt.

LnGrrrR
06-25-2010, 07:02 PM
BREAKING NEWS: N. Korea has just requested that the US provide them with the secret of time travel. Kim Jong Il was quoted as saying, "My people, I have just recently watched a set of movies in which the protagonists travel throughout time! ANd so, America, I say to you, give us the DeLorean or we will surely attack!"

George Gervin's Afro
06-25-2010, 07:09 PM

I guess you wouldn't be able to provide any lnk where Barry aplogizes would you... seriously let's review when Barry apologized...

jack sommerset
06-25-2010, 07:31 PM
I guess you wouldn't be able to provide any lnk where Barry aplogizes would you... seriously let's review when Barry apologized...

We will have to wait for the upcoming apology to Korea unless LnGrrR can get us that time machine he speaks of.

Here are a few you can review and make excuses for. Have fun!

Apology for war on terror “Unfortunately, faced with an uncertain threat, our government made a series of hasty decisions. … In other words, we went off course.”

Apology for mistakes by the CIA “So don’t be discouraged by what’s happened in the last few weeks. Don’t be discouraged that we have to acknowledge potentially we’ve made some mistakes.”

Apology toTurkish Parliament “The United States is still working through some of our own darker periods in our history. … Our country still struggles with the legacies of slavery and segregation, the past treatment of Native Americans.”

Apology for Guantanamo in France “I don’t believe that there is a contradiction between our security and our values. And when you start sacrificing your values, when you lose yourself, then over the long term that will make you less secure.”

Apology to the Summit of the Americas “While the United States has done much to promote peace and prosperity in the hemisphere, we have at times been disengaged, and at times we sought to dictate our terms. … So I’m here to launch a new chapter of engagement that will be sustained throughout my administration. The United States will be willing to acknowledge past errors where those errors have been made.”

Apology to Muslims World “We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect.”

Apology to Europe: “Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.”

Apology at the G-20 Summit of World Leaders: “I would like to think that with my election and the early decisions that we’ve made, that you’re starting to see some restoration of America’s standing in the world.”

Apology for U.S. Policy “Too often, the United States has not pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors. We have been too easily distracted by other priorities, and have failed to see that our own progress is tied directly to progress throughout the Americas.”

Another apology for Gitmo “There is also no question that Guantanamo set back the moral authority that is America’s strongest currency in the world. … Rather than keeping us safer, the prison at Guantanamo has weakened American national security. It is a rallying cry for our enemies.”

clambake
06-25-2010, 07:31 PM
So what did the Bush administration do about him?

they sat around while they tested nukes.

George Gervin's Afro
06-25-2010, 07:33 PM
We will have to wait for the upcoming apology to Korea unless LnGrrR can get us that time machine he speaks of.

Here are a few you can review and make excuses for. Have fun!

Apology for war on terror “Unfortunately, faced with an uncertain threat, our government made a series of hasty decisions. … In other words, we went off course.”

Apology for mistakes by the CIA “So don’t be discouraged by what’s happened in the last few weeks. Don’t be discouraged that we have to acknowledge potentially we’ve made some mistakes.”

Apology toTurkish Parliament “The United States is still working through some of our own darker periods in our history. … Our country still struggles with the legacies of slavery and segregation, the past treatment of Native Americans.”

Apology for Guantanamo in France “I don’t believe that there is a contradiction between our security and our values. And when you start sacrificing your values, when you lose yourself, then over the long term that will make you less secure.”

Apology to the Summit of the Americas “While the United States has done much to promote peace and prosperity in the hemisphere, we have at times been disengaged, and at times we sought to dictate our terms. … So I’m here to launch a new chapter of engagement that will be sustained throughout my administration. The United States will be willing to acknowledge past errors where those errors have been made.”

Apology to Muslims World “We sometimes make mistakes. We have not been perfect.”

Apology to Europe: “Instead of celebrating your dynamic union and seeking to partner with you to meet common challenges, there have been times where America has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive.”

Apology at the G-20 Summit of World Leaders: “I would like to think that with my election and the early decisions that we’ve made, that you’re starting to see some restoration of America’s standing in the world.”

Apology for U.S. Policy “Too often, the United States has not pursued and sustained engagement with our neighbors. We have been too easily distracted by other priorities, and have failed to see that our own progress is tied directly to progress throughout the Americas.”

Another apology for Gitmo “There is also no question that Guantanamo set back the moral authority that is America’s strongest currency in the world. … Rather than keeping us safer, the prison at Guantanamo has weakened American national security. It is a rallying cry for our enemies.”

So he never actually apologized...

you made it up ..

ChumpDumper
06-25-2010, 07:33 PM
So in conclusion, Obama made no apologies at all.

George Gervin's Afro
06-25-2010, 07:37 PM
jack..you need help... seriously.. you are making things up...

jack sommerset
06-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Here's another apology from Barry

"I think your question points out to a legitimate mistake that I made during the course of the year," the president said, "and that is that we had to make so many decisions quickly in a very difficult set of circumstances that after awhile, we started worrying more about getting the policy right than getting the process right.

"But I had campaigned on process," the president continued. "Part of what I had campaigned on was changing how Washington works, opening up transparency and I think it is -- I think the health care debate as it unfolded legitimately raised concerns not just among my opponents, but also amongst supporters that we just don't know what's going on. And it's an ugly process and it looks like there are a bunch of back room deals.

Mr. Obama said, "I think it's my responsibility -- and I'll be speaking to this at the State of the Union -- to own up to the fact that the process didn't run the way I ideally would like it to and that we have to move forward in a way that recaptures that sense of opening things up more."

ChumpDumper
06-25-2010, 07:57 PM
So the total number of apologies is still zero.

jack sommerset
06-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Apology

1. a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another

2. a defense, excuse, or justification in speech or writing, as for a cause or doctrine.

3. a dialogue by Plato, centering on Socrates' defense before the tribunal that condemned him to death.

4. an inferior specimen or substitute; makeshift

George Gervin's Afro
06-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Apology

1. a written or spoken expression of one's regret, remorse, or sorrow for having insulted, failed, injured, or wronged another

2. a defense, excuse, or justification in speech or writing, as for a cause or doctrine.

3. a dialogue by Plato, centering on Socrates' defense before the tribunal that condemned him to death.

4. an inferior specimen or substitute; makeshift

I choose #3!

v2freak
06-25-2010, 08:06 PM
Anyway, is this article for real? Is any of this to be taken seriously?

jack sommerset
06-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Barry likes to apologize. He does it all the time.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Except he doesn't.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Anyway, is this article for real? Is any of this to be taken seriously?Well it can't hurt to ask, can it?

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2010, 08:11 PM
So lets just whack this little slant eyed bastards ass!

Pull a fucking JFK and overthrow his government...

You youngsters do know who Ngo Dinh Diem was, right?

Piece of cake.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2010, 08:14 PM
So lets just whack this little slant eyed bastards ass!

Pull a fucking JFK and overthrow his government...

You youngsters do know who Ngo Dinh Diem was, right?

Piece of cake.How did that work out for us?

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2010, 08:18 PM
How did that work out for us?

:lmao

I told you I like to argue with you. The rest of these illiterate cocksuckers are googleing it now.

The difference is the roles are reversed. The South becomes the North. We invade their "trapped in the 50's" economy with capitalism. Game over.

CosmicCowboy
06-25-2010, 08:19 PM
gotta run. maybe back later.

fraga
06-25-2010, 09:55 PM
http://www.solopassion.com/files/ronery_2.jpg

Rone...ree....I get....so....rone....ree...

Blake
06-25-2010, 10:09 PM

I told you I like to argue with you.

you've been getting owned by just about everyone the last couple of days.

The rest of these illiterate cocksuckers are googleing it now.

with that bit of self ownage, that just might be everyone

v2freak
06-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Well it can't hurt to ask, can it?

Haha, I think it really could.

Seriously... is this an article from the Onion? I hope N. Korea isn't wondering why they have no respect in the international community.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2010, 11:04 PM
lol australian journalism hahahahaha