PDA

View Full Version : Sa(r)ver accidentally spends some money.

pauls931
06-25-2010, 06:44 AM
By signing some assistants... And picking up Gentry for a year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5326209

spursfan1000
06-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Damn it must have been a mistake!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-25-2010, 10:52 AM
You can bet though that Gentry is gone if he doesn't get his contract renegotiated a year from now, after last season Sarver shouldn't break the bank giving him an extension but he should not be the 3rd lowest payed coach in the NBA which iirc he currently is.

pauls931
06-25-2010, 02:09 PM
You can bet though that Gentry is gone if he doesn't get his contract renegotiated a year from now, after last season Sarver shouldn't break the bank giving him an extension but he should not be the 3rd lowest payed coach in the NBA which iirc he currently is.

Ya, I kind of wonder if keeping Gentry syncs up with Nash's last year. Then both are gone after next year and the complete rebuild or perhaps sale of the team can take place.

spursfan1000
06-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Ya, I kind of wonder if keeping Gentry syncs up with Nash's last year. Then both are gone after next year and the complete rebuild or perhaps sale of the team can take place.

Where would Nash go though? I'm guessing if he did leave the Lakers would just sign him.

pauls931
06-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Where would Nash go though? I'm guessing if he did leave the Lakers would just sign him.

Not sure I thought he signed a 2 year contract a year back which leaves him with one more year. I'm sure DoK knows the details.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Not sure I thought he signed a 2 year contract a year back which leaves him with one more year. I'm sure DoK knows the details.

You're correct Nash has two more years on his deal and unless he raises hell demanding a trade Sarver isn't trading his meal ticket, my guess is Nash retires once the contract is up, he doesn't seem like he has any interest in taking a huge paycut and becoming a bench player on a contending team.

Cane
06-25-2010, 04:56 PM
my guess is Nash retires once the contract is up, he doesn't seem like he has any interest in taking a huge paycut and becoming a bench player on a contending team.

Yea I bet he ends up TNT or ESPN. Seems like he's been trying to prepare for a sportscasting career.

pauls931
06-26-2010, 07:10 AM
You're correct Nash has two more years on his deal and unless he raises hell demanding a trade Sarver isn't trading his meal ticket, my guess is Nash retires once the contract is up, he doesn't seem like he has any interest in taking a huge paycut and becoming a bench player on a contending team.

Thanks, I thought he just had one year left. Anyway, more tutoring/practice for Dragic.

Mike D
06-27-2010, 12:16 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CqDk4jAv_Y4/TCLabWz7fOI/AAAAAAAAEfM/US_1m7K0XTU/s400/02.jpg