PDA

View Full Version : Some Summer League News

jiggy_55
06-25-2010, 12:25 PM
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2010/06/anderson-iffy-o.html

My notes:
- James Anderson might not play in Vegas due to his hamstring issues, Spurs want to keep it safe
- Dejaun Blair WILL join, he wants to learn and convinced the Spurs to send him
- Other expected participants: Gee, Hairston, Temple, Jerrells, Ryan Richards, James Gist

Sotongball21
06-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Like Blair's attitude. :toast

kbrury
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
James Gist!

TheProfessor
06-25-2010, 12:32 PM
I hope they limit Blair's minutes.

ajballer4
06-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Can Ian not play this year?

Cane
06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Great news about Blair. Does anyone know any details on Anderson's injury, such as whether its serious or not?

Blair should dominate in the summer league.

Bender
06-25-2010, 12:39 PM
do the spurs still have any hold on James Gist, or not?

jiggy_55
06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Great news about Blair. Does anyone know any details on Anderson's injury, such as whether its serious or not?

Pretty sure it's not serious.. but these things can usually stick around for a while and bother a player even though he plays through it.. So better be safe and make sure he's 100% if he's going to play this summer.. If they have any doubts or worries, he won't play and would get some rest

Cane
06-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Pretty sure it's not serious.. but these things can usually stick around for a while and bother a player even though he plays through it.. So better be safe and make sure he's 100% if he's going to play this summer.. If they have any doubts or worries, he won't play and would get some rest

Cool, agreed as well :toast

Obstructed_View
06-25-2010, 01:11 PM

Ian's no longer under contract with the Spurs IINM.

ajballer4
06-25-2010, 01:16 PM

Right. if he does resign though can he play? My fault should have clarified that

timvp
06-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Hopefully Anderson plays. Not playing summer league will make the transition to training camp even more difficult. But if he's an injury risk, gotta sit him.

Blair playing is pretty good news. You always gotta worry about injuries with him but summer league is a good chance for him to improve on his game. I want him taking a lot of jumpers, making decisions on the post and playing a more pressuring brand of defense.

Richards playing would be good. We'll know a lot more about how close he is after summer league.

Out of Gee, Hairston, Temple and Jerrells, hopefully at least one of the players has a breakout summer league. As for Gist, this is probably a do or die summer league. He can't play as poorly as he did last year. If he does, he'll no longer be considered an NBA prospect.

Obstructed_View
06-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Right. if he does resign though can he play? My fault should have clarified that

I guess I should have clarified my belief that there's no way in hell he resigns with the Spurs. I've got my apologies to Spurstalk and Pop all ready to go if the Spurs re-up him for nothing and he suddenly gets huge minutes.

spursfan1000
06-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Imagine if Blair could develop a 3 point jumper!

SpursTillTheEnd
06-25-2010, 01:24 PM
yo who is number 17 on the spurs? and man hill to hariston looks so sweet we need more of that this year, let malik take rj's spot
IxCTkqMlyUc

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2010, 01:28 PM
^ Romel Beck.

longhorn
06-25-2010, 01:34 PM
Dejuan Blair will rape all opponents in Summer League.

dbestpro
06-25-2010, 01:41 PM
What would be best for DeJuan is if he was not allowed to play in the paint. We already know he can play inside and rebound. This would force him to work on his outside game.

EricB
06-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Best news of all is budenholzer coaching the team and not don Newman

scottspurs
06-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Yeah hamstring injuries suck and take along time to heal. I've pulled and torn my hamstring and it about a month for the pull to heal and around 3 and half months for the tear. It's different for each person though.

Tp9gospursgo
06-25-2010, 02:40 PM

Thank GOD

biziofromdowntown
06-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Why not HIll in SL? :P

beachwood
06-25-2010, 03:36 PM
The Gist!!

Dr. Gonzo
06-25-2010, 03:47 PM

It doesn't look like he's ever been able to play.

06-25-2010, 04:10 PM
james gist and blair will be on the same court at the same time?!?

underdawg
06-25-2010, 04:11 PM
It doesn't look like he's ever been able to play.

shouldn't you be working on your sky hook bonner?

clubalien
06-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Why not HIll in SL? :P

because he was traded for paul george

EricB
06-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Yeah same as last year 11 bucks to watch all the Summer League games online..

tomtom
06-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Should be an interesting Summer league. Glad to see Richards make it and Gist back

DBMethos
06-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah same as last year 11 bucks to watch all the Summer League games online..

If it's the same crappy feed as last year, no thanks.

jimo2305
06-25-2010, 04:59 PM
If it's the same crappy feed as last year, no thanks.

lol i hope u didn't confuse it with my crappy feed..

im gonna try to host it again .. as long as my channel doesn't get canned

Mel_13
06-25-2010, 05:06 PM
Nothing new about the Spurs, but lots of info about where some non-drafted players will go for SL:

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/6/25/1536171/nba-draft-2010-is-it-time-to

Zoubek will play in Orlando for the Nets. I wonder if the Russian guy has seen Zoubek's girlfriend.

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/950/950187/babe-of-the-day-gina-antoniello-20090202012441298-000.jpg

ajballer4
06-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Bobcats got some quality guys to play for their SL team

DynastyBuilder
06-25-2010, 05:20 PM
James Gist!!!!

DPG21920
06-25-2010, 05:50 PM
I am very excited to see Gee, Hairston & Richards play. I want to see Richards live to see if he at least looks like a prospect.

I don't get Gist being there. He had one of the best SL's you could have and nothing came of it. He can't do any better.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Good day for my buddy Sharon Drucker. Named head coach of Aris Thessaloniki and will be an assistant on San Antonio's summer league squad
http://twitter.com/DraftExpress

ElNono
06-25-2010, 06:19 PM
- James Anderson might not play in Vegas due to his hamstring issues, Spurs want to keep it safe

Ian Mahinmi 2.0?

BronxCowboy
06-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Blair and Richards should work well together as a summer league front court, I would think. Hairston and Gee should also do pretty well. Should be an exciting summer league squad.

ChuckD
06-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Tyler Smith - Got kicked off the Tennessee basketball team after being caught with weapons and such, but then buggered off to Turkey where he averaged 16.8 points, 6.8 boards and 4.1 assists while shooting 53% from the field and 42% from beyond the arc. There's some talent there if the off-the-court stuff can be reined in.

:lol 'Off the court stuff'? That's like saying Ted Bundy had a few dating issues that he might grow out of.

angelbelow
06-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Sweet, im thinking about heading to vegas for a saturday game hopefully.

TheProfessor
06-25-2010, 08:39 PM
:lol 'Off the court stuff'? That's like saying Ted Bundy had a few dating issues that he might grow out of.
Not that it changes what he did, but this does add context (assuming he's not full of it):

Tyler Smith explains gun charge, sort of (http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/print?id=11738)

When Tyler Smith and three fellow Tennessee Volunteers were caught with a handgun, a bag of marijuana, and an open container of alcohol on New Year's Day, Tennessee's season was supposed to be finished. Instead, the Volunteers rallied, recovering from the dismissal of Smith and the suspensions of Cameron Tatum, Brian Williams, and Melvin Goins by beating Kansas nine days later and eventually getting all the way to the Elite Eight in the NCAA tournament's toughest region. Smith's loss didn't hold the Volunteers back. In fact, it was easy to forget all about him.

Still, it's worth revisiting why exactly Smith and company had a handgun in the first place. After all, getting caught with marijuana and an open container of alcohol is already bad enough, especially if you're someone for whom criminal activity can become a public issue. But it's even worse to have a handgun with an altered serial number on your person. Why? That's the most confusing part. Why the gun?

On Monday morning, speaking for the first time since his arrest and dismissal, Smith attempted to explain just that:

Tyler Smith, Tennessee's top-rated basketball player, said he bought the gun that brought down his college career because someone had threatened to kill his 3-year-old son. He's never said that before now. And he still won't go to the police. Last November in Knoxville, Smith, who lived off campus, had much of his personal property stolen. The former Giles County High School star said he was about to call the police, but the threats came first.

He said the first text message threatened his life. The second promised to kill his son. Smith said he knows who did it, but he never called the police. Instead, two days later, he bought a Taurus pistol for protection. "I'm the one who put myself into that situation with the gun," Smith said recently, speaking publicly about the incident for the first time. "But a lot of people don't know the whole situation."

The story makes sense, and it fits in well with the refrain we often hear when a high-profile athlete is caught with a gun: I needed it to protect myself. And I get that. I really do. For professional athletes, it behooves one to hire a couple of bodyguards for personal protection rather than take the pistol into your elastic waistband, Plaxico Burress-style. That same opportunity isn't afforded to amateur athletes, who don't have the money to pay for guards. They have to go a different way.

Which is why Tyler Smith should have gone to the cops. Immediately. Why didn't he? Smith has a plausible explanation for that, too:

Smith said police asked why he hadn't reported them. Smith said he responded by saying the threats specifically stated for him not to go to police. "Two or three guys," Smith said last week, referring to the threat makers. "I knew them, I knew them, I knew them."

"I never even thought about using it," Smith. "I thought if word got around that I had protection, that would keep them away."

Again, I get it. Or maybe I don't get it -- I've never been threatened with violence -- but I at the very least can empathize. You're scared. You've got people threatening your life and the life of your loved ones. You've got stuff getting stolen from your house. They're telling you not to go to the cops. You might be slightly uncomfortable getting cops involved anyway. I know I would be. The walls are closing in.

So you take matters into your own hands, hoping the knowledge that you're capable of violence keeps your threat-makers from turning their threats into action. And what happens? You get caught, you get in trouble, and your alibi -- plausible though it may be -- has little on record to back it up.

There is a lesson to be learned here, especially for young athletes who feel threatened: Tell your coach. Tell your advisers. Tell the cops. Absolutely nothing good can come from thinking you can handle such threats on your own. Tyler Smith's story sounds all too familiar, and while it's easy to empathize, it's hard not to think Smith should have known better. Because closing walls or no, he should have.

jiggy_55
06-26-2010, 01:32 AM
Hopefully Anderson plays. Not playing summer league will make the transition to training camp even more difficult. But if he's an injury risk, gotta sit him.

Blair playing is pretty good news. You always gotta worry about injuries with him but summer league is a good chance for him to improve on his game. I want him taking a lot of jumpers, making decisions on the post and playing a more pressuring brand of defense.

Richards playing would be good. We'll know a lot more about how close he is after summer league.

Out of Gee, Hairston, Temple and Jerrells, hopefully at least one of the players has a breakout summer league. As for Gist, this is probably a do or die summer league. He can't play as poorly as he did last year. If he does, he'll no longer be considered an NBA prospect.

I think that either Gee or Hairston will be one of the "breakouts" this summer league. Gee has nice game, and if Hairston can develop a consistent outside shot he will light up the summer league. As for Anderson, if he does play, I also do expect him to have a successful summer league. He has some nice range and can hit the open shots.

jiggy_55
06-26-2010, 01:34 AM
This is The Gist's summer I believe. Are they still charging the fans to watch the Summer League games?

Any news on him? Has he developed to a point where he could make the 15 man roster in your opinion? I honestly think his chance of joining is almost over, unless he has a huge summer league. The first summer league he played in was great.

wildbill2u
06-26-2010, 08:29 AM
James Gist!

James White!

Darkwaters
06-26-2010, 09:54 AM
I think that either Gee or Hairston will be one of the "breakouts" this summer league. Gee has nice game, and if Hairston can develop a consistent outside shot he will light up the summer league. As for Anderson, if he does play, I also do expect him to have a successful summer league. He has some nice range and can hit the open shots.

I anticipate that Anderson would actually struggle in summer league. He seems to play better in a structured and organized offense with designed plays being run for him. Without that structure he'll play below his usual level. I don't imagine he'll be at McClinton's level of last year considering his prototypical size for a 2, but he probably won't be as prolific as we'd like for the summer league.

:lol Spare me the forum meltdown and just let him rest.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2010, 10:54 AM
Ian Mahinmi 2.0?

Or Manu Ginobili 2.0, who started his rookie season with an ankle injury.

BackHome
06-27-2010, 05:18 PM
The weird thing about Gist is that he had a great summer SL and then crashed when brought in to practice with the Spurs. I don't know what happened to his confidence I guess the stress of having to play over seas and know that they were looking at making you into a SF which means you better make you open shots got to him.

The kid is athletic and has worked on his game so I think at this point he will be much better big then the Aggie who got invited. The question will be is can he make the move from PF to SF and that remains to be seen.

Either way I think he will at least get a D league spot which should be an excellent team.

PG. Matt Bouldin (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Matt-Bouldin-1154/) or Mikhail Torrance (http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-basketball/players/28967/Mikhail_Torrance)
SG.?
SF.James Gist (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Gist-597/) or Elijah Millsap (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Elijah-Millsap-5831/)
PF.Ryan Richards (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ryan-Richards-1272/)
C. Artsiom Parakhouski (http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-basketball/players/52643/Artsiom_Parakhouski)

As far as summer league the above players are the ones I want to watch the most. Getting Blair to play in SL is a very smart way of staying in shape and staying out of Pops doghouse for being fat for the start of Spurs practices.

At this point I don't see why Hairston and Gee would take part as I don't think what they show or don't show will make that much difference before camp.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2010, 07:42 PM
The weird thing about Gist is that he had a great summer SL and then crashed when brought in to practice with the Spurs. I don't know what happened to his confidence I guess the stress of having to play over seas and know that they were looking at making you into a SF which means you better make you open shots got to him.

The kid is athletic and has worked on his game so I think at this point he will be much better big then the Aggie who got invited. The question will be is can he make the move from PF to SF and that remains to be seen.

Either way I think he will at least get a D league spot which should be an excellent team.

PG. Matt Bouldin (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Matt-Bouldin-1154/) or Mikhail Torrance (http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-basketball/players/28967/Mikhail_Torrance)
SG.?
SF.James Gist (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Gist-597/) or Elijah Millsap (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Elijah-Millsap-5831/)
PF.Ryan Richards (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Ryan-Richards-1272/)
C. Artsiom Parakhouski (http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-basketball/players/52643/Artsiom_Parakhouski)I think that is the earliest anyone has ever projected a Toros team roster. No one even knows if those free agents want to play in the D-League yet.

As far as summer league the above players are the ones I want to watch the most. Getting Blair to play in SL is a very smart way of staying in shape and staying out of Pops doghouse for being fat for the start of Spurs practices.

At this point I don't see why Hairston and Gee would take part as I don't think what they show or don't show will make that much difference before camp.It's all part for the evaluation process for them. I could see one or both of them being the featured scorer(s) on the team to see what they've got. Conversely, each could draw the most difficult defensive assignment to check them out that way.

Vic Petro
06-27-2010, 07:48 PM
I read earlier that Samardo Samuels agent is trying to get him a spot on the Spurs' summer league team as well.

BackHome
06-27-2010, 07:50 PM
The only reason I see Gee and Hairston is that they know our system and will be good players for a team. But as far as it being a benefit for them I don't see that unless we are trying to trade them.

BackHome
06-27-2010, 07:53 PM
[
It's all part for the evaluation process for them. I could see one or both of them being the featured scorer(s) on the team to see what they've got. Conversely, each could draw the most difficult defensive assignment to check them out that way.[/quote]

If we haven't been able to evaluate them after playing in D league for two or three years then I don't know what four or five games is going to tell us?

ChumpDumper
06-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Gee has been in the D-League for less than one season as he spent times with other clubs as well. Hairston would be there to compare to Gee if nothing else.

Do you remember Devin Brown in summer league?

Solid D
06-27-2010, 09:23 PM
Do you remember Devin Brown in summer league?

Yep. A couple of summers for the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Yep. A couple of summers for the Spurs.One as THE offensive option almost every possession.

The Spurs usually have a plan for each player they think has a chance of making that season's roster. It's usually pretty obvious.

Rito3d30
06-27-2010, 09:49 PM
Heard that Anderson will not be playing in the summer league

BackHome
06-27-2010, 11:46 PM
So what was the plan with Ian?

ChumpDumper
06-28-2010, 04:43 AM
So what was the plan with Ian?Same thing when he could actually play.

BronxCowboy
06-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Per nbadraft.net, expected players on Spurs SL roster:

San Antonio Spurs:
James Anderson* injured hamstring may sit out
DeJuan Blair
Bryan Davis
Alonso Gee
James Gist
Malik Hairston
Curtis Jerrells
Ryan Richards
Garrett Temple

I don't know anything about Davis. Any Texas A&M fans out there?

BronxCowboy
06-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Link to the schedule: http://www.nba.com/news/features/2010.summer.league.schedule/

ohmwrecker
06-28-2010, 08:07 AM
http://projectspurs.com/2010-articles/june/samuels-possible-addition-to-spurs-summer-league-team.html

Samardo Samuels?

Tito_Trinidad
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
The injuries have begun. Health = Spurs' sandman

yavozerb
06-28-2010, 08:12 AM
according to nbadraft.net:http://www.nbadraft.net/2010-nba-las-vegas-summer-league-game-schedule-rosters

Samuels- bulls
samhan- mavs
garcia- knicks
landesberg- kings
scheyer- wizards

none of these lineups are set in stone though..

venitian navigator
06-28-2010, 08:59 AM
Any chance Sinikidze will be in our summer league roster ?

SuperDave
06-28-2010, 09:07 AM

I'm a big Aggie hoops fan and I've seen BD (Davis) play 20+ times in person and twice that on TV over the last four years. I've also talked to him a few times, and know others who know him well, and he's a great dude. My little boy tripped and skinned his knee one time and BD stopped, brushed my son's tears away, and cheered him up by talking to him for a few minutes.

However, as much as it pains me to admit it, he's not an NBA-level player. He is a great effort player, so he makes a lot of sense for summer league and even training camp, though.

He is a willing and physical low-post defender who gets the vast majority of his points inside, either off of offensive rebounds or below-the-rim "old man" moves (up-and-unders, hook-and-spins). He's undersized by NBA standards for a 4 (a legit 6'8" and 240 or so), he's not much of a leaper, and while he can hit the occasional mid-range jumper, it's not a big part of his arsenal. If he was better in any one of those areas, his effort and character might be enough to land him a roster spot somewhere, but it is what it is. He also tends to try to do to more with the ball than his coordination will allow, which leads to turnovers.

He was a really good college player on four good Aggie teams that all advanced to the second round of the NCAA tourney, and he'll be a good summer league or even training camp guy for effort and practice purposes, but his pro future probably lies on second level teams overseas. I wish I was underselling him, but I don't think I am.

coyotes_geek
06-28-2010, 09:10 AM

Liked him as a college big, but I don't see much of an NBA future for him. Below average size, below average athleticism, below average skills. To make the NBA there's got to be something you excel at and Davis just doesn't have it.

dbestpro
06-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Richards is under contract this summer and will play on loan to the swiss. Anderson will be held from SL to allow his injury to get better.

BronxCowboy
06-28-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm a big Aggie hoops fan and I've seen BD (Davis) play 20+ times in person and twice that on TV over the last four years. I've also talked to him a few times, and know others who know him well, and he's a great dude. My little boy tripped and skinned his knee one time and BD stopped, brushed my son's tears away, and cheered him up by talking to him for a few minutes.

However, as much as it pains me to admit it, he's not an NBA-level player. He is a great effort player, so he makes a lot of sense for summer league and even training camp, though.

He is a willing and physical low-post defender who gets the vast majority of his points inside, either off of offensive rebounds or below-the-rim "old man" moves (up-and-unders, hook-and-spins). He's undersized by NBA standards for a 4 (a legit 6'8" and 240 or so), he's not much of a leaper, and while he can hit the occasional mid-range jumper, it's not a big part of his arsenal. If he was better in any one of those areas, his effort and character might be enough to land him a roster spot somewhere, but it is what it is. He also tends to try to do to more with the ball than his coordination will allow, which leads to turnovers.

He was a really good college player on four good Aggie teams that all advanced to the second round of the NCAA tourney, and he'll be a good summer league or even training camp guy for effort and practice purposes, but his pro future probably lies on second level teams overseas. I wish I was underselling him, but I don't think I am.

Thanks for the info! :toast

4down
06-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Any chance Sinikidze will be in our summer league roster ?

I would guess the chances are slightly better than the chances we'll see Sergei Karaulov and Robertas Javtokas. If they do, they may as well throw Skita on the roster as well.

Mitch Cumsteen
06-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Gist would have probably made the team last year if he had just focused on what he does best: crashing the boards, blocking shots, hustling, etc. Instead, he's fallen in love with his offensive game and his jumpshot. They loved him after the first summer, and hated what he'd become after his first year in Europe.

He could be a tremendous role player in the Malik Rose (pre-contract) mode, but apparently he has devolved into a Malik Rose post-contract mindset. It's too bad, they could really use an energy guy coming off the bench at that spot. It will be interesting to see what kind of game he comes with to Vegas. I'd imagine this is his last chance with the Spurs.

angelbelow
06-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Per nbadraft.net, expected players on Spurs SL roster:

Damn! And i thought our team was stacked in 09. Are we going to see a case of not enough basketball to go around?

BackHome
06-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Gist would have probably made the team last year if he had just focused on what he does best: crashing the boards, blocking shots, hustling, etc. Instead, he's fallen in love with his offensive game and his jumpshot. They loved him after the first summer, and hated what he'd become after his first year in Europe.

He could be a tremendous role player in the Malik Rose (pre-contract) mode, but apparently he has devolved into a Malik Rose post-contract mindset. It's too bad, they could really use an energy guy coming off the bench at that spot. It will be interesting to see what kind of game he comes with to Vegas. I'd imagine this is his last chance with the Spurs.

He played that way because the Spurs wanted him to change positions from PF to SF. So they told him to work on outisde shot and try to learn to play the SF in Europe.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2010, 08:32 PM
RI is listing partial SL rosters

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2010/6/28/1540775/nba-summer-league-rosters-vegas#storyjump

Jack McClinton is with the Bulls. The guy I wanted to try at SF, Larry Owens, is playing for Dallas. Shot blocker Kurt Looby is on the D-League select team.

BackHome
06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
You would think that any SF would want to be in talks with the Spurs since everyone knows that was their main concern going into the draft.

So after the Summer camps how does it work out say if we like your guy from Dallas? Does it just come down are you giving a contract or are you just giving an tryout?

ChumpDumper
06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
You would think that any SF would want to be in talks with the Spurs since everyone knows that was their main concern going into the draft.

So after the Summer camps how does it work out say if we like your guy from Dallas? Does it just come down are you giving a contract or are you just giving an tryout?At that point, it usually comes down to which team is offering the best terms or which team the player thinks he has a better chance of making.

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Gist pretty much had to become a SF, it's his only hope of making the NBA..

He was overwhelmed in every aspect during last year's Summer League..he was having a lot of trouble with the size of bigs in the paint, often getting manhandled by their strength, and he didn't have the ball-handling to beat perimeter defenders or make the jump shots..

I was hyped to see him in SL, but he was a huge disappointment, while Blair, Hill and Hairston are played very well..

BronxCowboy
06-29-2010, 06:34 AM
I talked to one of my higher spurs sources the other day and Ryan Richards might not play because he is under contract overseas.

Do you know when his contract is up? Is he still under contract for next season?

jiggy_55
06-29-2010, 08:26 AM
I talked to one of my higher spurs sources the other day and Ryan Richards might not play because he is under contract overseas.

Appreciate the news, but let me get this straight :). You spoke to a Spurs source you have, and the main news you got out of it was if Ryan Richards is going to play in the SL? Seriously?
Come on that's the last question on anyone's mind.. You should give us some bigger news than Ryan Richards news, this guy is still a young prospect probably with no chance of playing for the Spurs for at least 1 or 2 more years.

BronxCowboy
06-29-2010, 09:01 AM
You should give us some bigger news than Ryan Richards news

It is the end of June, what do you expect?

jiggy_55
06-29-2010, 09:56 AM
It is the end of June, what do you expect?

Not too much actually, but Ryan Richards? LOL please. Maybe a trade rumor, now that Parker has mentioned NY and POR made offers. Or just something like the Spurs interested/not interested in dealing player X, etc.

Just saying that if I had sources in the Spurs organization, I don't think I'd even have any questions about Ryan Richards of all the questions I could ask. It's useless to talk about him now.

jiggy_55
06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Well I can tell you that the Splitter deal is not done, or a sure thing.

That's a lot more like it :p:. Thanks buddy!

Sucks that it's not pretty much a done deal, I guess they are in contact trying to figure things out?

What are the chances of getting a deal done? My guess is there's a 90% chance of him joining, it sure does seem like he is intent on coming to the NBA.