PDA

View Full Version : Laker fans...I keep hearing how Buss is being cheap

bostonguy
06-25-2010, 02:49 PM
My buddy in LA is shitting bricks because he told me the word is out on what Buss's intentions are this offseason. Guys is this really true? Is Buss in bad shape money wise? Hell I event went to Lakersground.net and they are all talking about it. Buss is trying to trade odom, and doesn't plan to use any of the MLE according to that site and that they will only sign vets to minimum deals. I am just stunned if this is true. That is like the New York Yankees cutting back on spending.

spursfan1000
06-25-2010, 02:51 PM
That would be crazy, atleast he got a championship out of all that money he spent though.

namlook
06-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Buss is making plenty of money on the Lakers.

YellowFever
06-25-2010, 03:10 PM
I wouldn't call him cheap but as far as personal wealth he's probably on the bottom rung of all the owners. Unlike other owners, the Lakers are his bread and butter.

Sure, his organization probably makes the most money out of all the others but it's nowhere near what the other owners make outside the NBA.

I'm just thankful he spent the money he did over the last two decades to bring us the rings he did rather than go the Donald Sterling route and worry about the bottom line.

If the team goes a few years without getting us another 'ship, I'll still be happy.

He did everything possible to keep us relevent with his (relatively) limited wealth.

leemajors
06-25-2010, 04:16 PM
poor guy has had to shell out for parades two years in a row

Giuseppe
06-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Poor guy, and you've had to watch.

Crucify 'em, Luva, drag that San Antonio Celtic ass to the tree of woe and crucify 'em.

Afterward, we'll have wine and sponge cake.

LnGrrrR
06-25-2010, 07:13 PM
Afterward, we'll have wine and sponge cake.

Mmmm... twinkies.

DJ Mbenga
06-25-2010, 08:07 PM
buss isnt a billionaire. he doenst really have a job. the lakers pay his lifestyle. MLE would cost the lakers 10 million. they will look for ring chasers.

Veterinarian
06-25-2010, 08:30 PM
buss isnt a billionaire. he doenst really have a job. the lakers pay his lifestyle. MLE would cost the lakers 10 million. they will look for ring chasers.

tbh all the smart ring chasers will go to the All-Star team Lebron is building in Chicago.

Giuseppe
06-25-2010, 08:36 PM
tbh all the smart ring chasers will go to the All-Star team Lebron is building in Chicago.

They'd better first lobby NYC/Stern to change the (one ball in play at a time) rule. Otherwise, they're shinin' the Laker's shoes.

4>0rings
06-25-2010, 09:53 PM
That schlub is broke. Can't even afford a decent hooker.

Giuseppe
06-25-2010, 10:17 PM
That schlub is broke. Can't even afford a decent hooker.

Though you were a decent hooker for the Suns.

tee, hee.

Ghazi
06-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Though you were a decent hooker for the Suns.

tee, hee.

crucify em Cubby, send that San Antonio Celtic ass to the tree of woe.

Giuseppe
06-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Oh, they're goin', Ghazi, rest assured. They are on their way to said tree.

duhoh
06-26-2010, 09:28 AM
No need to use the MLE. Buss is trimming fat, and for good reason. He's wasted money over the years on players that didn't pan out. Kwame, Luke, Sasha, Vlad, and others. We have a good enough core that we should be able to draw free agents on the cheap.

ya know, without luke/sasha, that LA team would be actually like-able :lol