PDA

View Full Version : Wade vs Lebron (recruiting)

TheMACHINE
06-25-2010, 04:17 PM
If Lebron chooses to go to Chicago, who would be better at recruiting?

Finals MVP Wade with Pat Riley and a wonderful city like Miami?

or

Greatest player in the planet Lebron with Rose and Noah?

Discuss.

sexinthatsx
06-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Nobody is going to top Lebron in terms of recruiting, that kid has just too many connections. But connections are all slim to none if you can't deliver a ring. You can play with the best basketball player in the world, but if he's going to choke when it matters, you want the guy who already has one. Thus, Lebron will be able to recruit, but I'm sure there are smarter basketball players out there that can figure out that D-Wade can deliver when it matters, like shitting on Varejao from a poster dunk after a block on Lebrink from JoNeal on the same play.

Jace
06-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Lebron, putting aside their two talent sets..Lebron seems like he is best friends with everyone.

Wade only has himself to sell, Lebron would have a great young PG and a rebounding machine in Noah.

Kevin Durant 35
06-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Without Wade Miami is nothing(see the year wade was injured) but without James Bulls are playoff contenders. Even if Heat Sign Amare or Boozer. Chicago with Rose/Bron/Bosh would dominate Heat easily.

ffadicted
06-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Lebron, but I think either way, it's pretty safe to say Miami and Chicago are going to dual for the Eastern conference championship over and over again for the next few years while New York rots in mediocracy lol

Kevin Durant 35
06-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Miami is nothing with Wade. Wade is a poor man's Kobe that can't even sell out his own arena. He got his hype from the league trying to replace Kobe, and the Mavs were the victims. What has Wade done since, but ball hog and spread diseases.

With Wade Miami atleast makes the playoffs without Wade Miami is a lottery team.

Bob Lanier
06-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Miami's a fairly small-market team in a fairly small, humid city filled with island-Mexicans. Pat Riley's a selling point, though.

Cane
06-25-2010, 11:08 PM
There's no personal income tax in Florida IIRC so players could make more money in Miami. Then again, the Chicago market and deals could make up for that.

The Bulls + Lebron have to be the primetime destination since Rose and Noah are ECF caliber pieces. All Miami has to offer right now other than Wade is Michael Beasely and Mario Chalmers but having three premier stars worked out for Boston and these guys would be younger (but not as good defensively).

Still all those teams need some serious size at the 5 spot so Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum don't get easy opportunities.

fevertrees
06-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Wade has a ring

Armando
06-26-2010, 12:39 PM
Miami is nothing with Wade. Wade is a poor man's Kobe that can't even sell out his own arena. He got his hype from the league trying to replace Kobe, and the Mavs were the victims. What has Wade done since, but ball hog and spread diseases.

Kind of like Kobe from 2005-2008 correct? When the Lakers were getting mopped by Phoenix in the 1st round. Plus I don't care who you are and what team you ain't selling out an arena for a 15 win season. I bet you next season the Heat won't have trouble selling out.

Armando
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Plus the Bulls will need more then just James/Rose/Deng to win. Rose sometimes is too passive and Deng I think is overrated. Or teams can resort to hack a Noah.

JamStone
06-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Plus the Bulls will need more then just James/Rose/Deng to win. Rose sometimes is too passive and Deng I think is overrated. Or teams can resort to hack a Noah.

They have cap space for two max contracts, or very close to two max contracts. That's why the rumors are both LeBron and Bosh to Chicago. That looks like a pretty good team if you add both LeBron and Bosh to Rose, Noah, and Deng.

And, Joakim Noah shot 74% from the free throw line last year. As ugly as his form is, he's not the under 50% free throw shooter guys like Shaq and Ben Wallace and Biedrins are. I don't think many NBA coaches would resort to hacking Noah... maybe Don Nelson, and maybe Pop. But probably not even Pop.

eyeh8u
06-26-2010, 04:37 PM
if lebron want double digits rings, be should go to miami with wade and another max player