PDA

View Full Version : Panthers WR Smith regrets flag football injury

Blake
06-25-2010, 04:40 PM
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – An apologetic but defiant Steve Smith expressed regret Thursday for breaking his left forearm playing flag football, while also taking shots at critics who questioned the Carolina Panthers receiver's judgment.

Smith called into Charlotte radio station WFNZ-AM, acknowledging he had been a regular participant in an adult flag football league at a Charlotte YMCA. He was injured Sunday when he slipped and used his left arm to brace his fall. Smith broke the same arm, but in a different spot, at the end of last season.

"Obviously, I put my team and myself in a bad situation by playing," Smith said. "But that wasn't my intention and wasn't what I thought the outcome was going to be."

more

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100624/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_panthers_smith_broken_arm

what a dumbass

LoneStarState'sPride
06-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Not a Steve Smith fan nor hater, but it's a freak accident at a run of the mill camp that NFL players engage in all the time.

stretch
06-25-2010, 05:24 PM
thats such a freak injury. how the hell does someone break an arm playing flag football?

sucks for him and the Panthers.

Greg Oden
06-25-2010, 05:25 PM
thats such a freak injury. how the hell does someone break an arm playing flag football?

sucks for him and the Panthers.

lol panther fan

lmao raiders

lmao al davis' corpse

Blake
06-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Not a Steve Smith fan nor hater, but it's a freak accident at a run of the mill camp that NFL players engage in all the time.

It was a YMCA flag football league.

He's a dumbass.

NewJerSpur
06-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Lance Berkman messed his leg up playing in a charity flag football game some years ago. It's a risk you take when you make that decision.