PDA

View Full Version : Cat walks 2,000 miles to its owners

ManuTP9
06-25-2010, 09:01 PM
A CAT has baffled experts after trekking 2,000 MILES across Russia to find his family after they moved house.

Caring owner Ravila Hairova, 52, thought her grey moggie Karim would find the change too upsetting when she moved, so she arranged to let her neighbours take him in.

She even left his favourite chair, cushion and food bowls behind in Gulistan, Uzbekistan.

But incredibly TWO years later she found her bedraggled, starving pet waiting on her doorstep when she returned to her home in Liska, Russia.

She said: "I knew he had disappeared from my neighbours' home a few days after we left which was very sad but we never heard another word about him.

"Then I was walking along the road and I saw this cat which seemed to be waiting for me. When I go closer I saw it was Karim - thin, and in very poor condition but it was him."

Now nine-year-old Karim ?who crossed three state borders to reach his owners ?is like the cat who got the cream as he settles into his new home.

Ravila said: "He is very happy now and so are we. I've no idea how he found us but I'm very glad he did."

Ravila's husband Lev Kondratyev, 46, said: "We called to see how Karim was the day after we arrived and our neighbours told us that he had run off - we then called every day for weeks hoping for news and gradually we gave up hope.

Link- www.thesun.co.uk

That is amazing lol.

koriwhat
06-26-2010, 02:37 AM
my father got rid of our old german shepherd to some old lady in the country back when i was a kid and the dog probably trekked 30-40 miles back to our apartment at the time. i just remember our neighbor saying he saw our dog earlier but there was no way, well i suppose she was really fuckin' smart. i don't know. crazy shit though!

MavDynasty
06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
my father got rid of our old german shepherd to some old lady in the country back when i was a kid and the dog probably trekked 30-40 miles back to our apartment at the time. i just remember our neighbor saying he saw our dog earlier but there was no way, well i suppose she was really fuckin' smart. i don't know. crazy shit though!

lol calf tats

The Reckoning
06-26-2010, 11:05 PM
tM0sTNtWDiI

BRHornet45
06-26-2010, 11:35 PM
tM0sTNtWDiI

son that pussy straight up quadrupled that shit!

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Those people are fuckin assholes. Anyone who says "We don't think our (cat or dog) would be able to handle the move so we gave it away" is using that as a cop out reason to get rid of their pet. Anyone with an IQ above 70 would be able to know that a pet is always better off with its owner, regardless of where the owner moves.

greyforest
06-27-2010, 12:20 AM
son that pussy straight up quadrupled that shit!

well he's gonna walk 500 miles, then he's gonna walk 500 more
to be the man
to walk 5000 miles

so no the pussy didnt quadruple that shit

BRHornet45
06-27-2010, 12:28 AM
well he's gonna walk 500 miles, then he's gonna walk 500 more
to be the man
to walk 5000 miles

so no the pussy didnt quadruple that shit

pwned

redzero
06-27-2010, 12:35 AM
thatfuturamagif.gif

Cyrano
06-27-2010, 03:29 PM
The article didn't mention that as soon as the cat went in the house, he peed on the drapes and took a dump in the microwave. At that point the family remembered why they left him.....

marini martini
06-27-2010, 05:07 PM
^^^^^^^:lmao

Thompson
06-27-2010, 06:50 PM
But I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the man who walked 1000 miles
To fall down at your door

http://jansjoyousjungle.com/500.html

Cat doubled it (through freaking Russia), both of you are wrong.

JudynTX
06-28-2010, 12:06 PM
The article didn't mention that as soon as the cat went in the house, he peed on the drapes and took a dump in the microwave. At that point the family remembered why they left him.....

:lol:lol Yes, this family will pay for a very long time.

bus driver
06-28-2010, 01:47 PM
my dad took a stray cat on a road trip and two weeks later the cat was at their door steps of their house. so they kept him but then they moved the dallas and told the new owners that the cats were theirs! LOL

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2010, 10:31 PM
Those people are fuckin assholes. Anyone who says "We don't think our (cat or dog) would be able to handle the move so we gave it away" is using that as a cop out reason to get rid of their pet. Anyone with an IQ above 70 would be able to know that a pet is always better off with its owner, regardless of where the owner moves.

Yup, first thing that stuck with me while reading this..while it's extremely cool and impressive that the cat did this, the owners are fucking idiots..

It's a fucking cat..if you make your cat an outdoor cat(or even an indoor cat), there really isn't much you have to do to take care of it..make sure to let it in the house or give it a little spot to come in all by itself..make sure to put food and water in the bowls, pay attention to it once in a while(some cats don't even need this), and you're good..

No idea how a cat "couldn't adjust" to a move..I hate incompetent pet owners, one of the things I hate most in life..