PDA

View Full Version : Nash admits flopping on Horry call

nbaman99
06-26-2010, 12:15 AM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2010/6/25/1537688/steve-nash-finally-admits-to

Steve Nash finally admits to flopping and selling that much-maligned Robert Horry hip check (at the 1:43 mark). Helpful resource in the future whenever some fans bring this issue up.

Drewlius
06-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Big surprise.

phxspurfan
06-26-2010, 12:31 AM
Haha, very nice

TwelveGs210
06-26-2010, 12:34 AM
now he just needs to admit he's a fuckin faggot.

Mel_13
06-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Until this revelation, this fact was only known by all humans who saw the game.

DesignatedT
06-26-2010, 12:54 AM

:lol

slick'81
06-26-2010, 12:55 AM
no shit

lefty
06-26-2010, 12:56 AM
Great, we won anyway

I don't know what happened to him in South Africa

Maybe he got seriously mugged over there and has now put things in perspective

mesothorny
06-26-2010, 01:02 AM

Bill Walton?

blizz
06-26-2010, 01:34 AM

C'mon...he's a great PG and good guy. I was rooting for them to go all the way only for him. He deserves it.

blizz
06-26-2010, 01:37 AM
lol that's awesome...the spurs always make a meal out of us....just that he thought he had to do that...that's respect right there. i cracked up when he said he ruined it by jumping up and running after horry. LOL

Budkin
06-26-2010, 01:52 AM
Does this mean we are not dirty anymore?

phyzik
06-26-2010, 01:59 AM

haters gonna hate regardless...

Cant let reality get in the way of your own beliefs.

Just for the record though, our Spurs do play dirty at times.... whatever it takes to win, Im down with it.

Riverwalkman
06-26-2010, 02:09 AM
I saw it a minute ago and just about to post here.

That was obviously a flopping, anyone who had experienced physical sports should understand the flopping very well. I'm just feeling weird that Nash admited it, so he is an honest flopper? lol

tdunk21
06-26-2010, 02:31 AM
wow.....

Cane
06-26-2010, 02:37 AM

At least Nash is a good sport since I don't think too many players would appreciate being reminded of such an incident. Nash is going to be a great sportscaster and would love to see him try and "debate" with Charles Barkley on TNT.

Dex
06-26-2010, 02:59 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Every Suns fan can now STFU. Kthxbye.

blizz
06-26-2010, 05:09 AM

he didn't flop getting knocked to the ground...he flopped falling back once he was on the ground. so....no...that's not what it means. it was a hard hit...one that made him really fall....was it dirty....sure. c'mon....take the goggles off.

jermaine
06-26-2010, 06:46 AM

Nash is one of few players that gets respect from everyone. He's a cool funny Kat! He & Tony reminds me of each other. They just seem so down to earth like they'll be themselves reguardless who they're around.

Harry Callahan
06-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Nash is also an accomplished football (soccer) player. What do most if not all players in that sport have the ability to do in order to get an edge on an opponent? The ability to sell to referees that a minor collision on the field of play just broke their leg or tore their knee up. Nash pulled that out of his bag of tricks.

Maybe he felt more like owning up since the Suns beat the Spurs in the playoffs for the first time (and probably last time) he was on the floor.

spursncowboys
06-26-2010, 08:31 AM

he has

http://dyn.ifilm.com/resize/image/blog/2/0/2/2/2022731/201006/1276627230021.jpg?width=440

Tito_Trinidad
06-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Nash homosexuality thread in the making.......

ohmwrecker
06-26-2010, 08:54 AM
I saw some outtakes from that interview where Nash admitted that the sky is blue, grass is green and British Petroleum fucked up royally.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 09:22 AM
I love how he said he flailed his arms but Horry did indeed knock him to the ground, and Spurfan embellishes the hell out of it by saying he flopped.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Great, we won anyway

I don't know what happened to him in South Africa

Maybe he got seriously mugged over there and has now put things in perspective

Shut the fuck up you Algerian camel jockey. Go wipe your ass with sand.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 09:25 AM

I'm sure that's why Horry was suspended.

This thread wreaks of retarded Spurfan.

ohmwrecker
06-26-2010, 09:25 AM
If you can get Ray Allen to admit he threw his back into Bruce Bowen's foot, then yes.

I don't think anyone ever questioned that one. Bowen and Allen were into it that whole game and Allen was giving Bowen some shots peeling off picks. Bruce got frustrated and lost his cool. One of the few times Bruce let another player get the best of him.

mudyez
06-26-2010, 09:29 AM
c'mon...he's a great pg and good guy. I was rooting for them to go all the way only for him. He deserves it.

+1

at least nash is a good sport since i don't think too many players would appreciate being reminded of such an incident. Nash is going to be a great sportscaster and would love to see him try and "debate" with charles barkley on tnt.

+1

nash is one of few players that gets respect from everyone. He's a cool funny kat! He & tony reminds me of each other. They just seem so down to earth like they'll be themselves reguardless who they're around.

+1

=3 :)

Tito_Trinidad
06-26-2010, 10:13 AM
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/297/naship2.gif[/quote]

Obstructed_View
06-26-2010, 10:47 AM

This thread wreaks of retarded Spurfan.

Horry was suspended for one game because he made contact with Raja Bell above the shoulders. The second game was to make the Suns fans happy, and was due to Nash selling the call. I'm fine with that extra game because it ensured that the league followed the rules and suspended Diaw and Amare.

Strike
06-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm ok with Nash copping to it. I was also okay with Horry getting suspended for it. As dirty and as rough as Horry's check was, it was painfully obvious that Nash sold it. Either way, it's way in the past. The Spurs won the title in '07 and the Suns didn't. Sure, the series was affected by it but Phoenix was good enough to beat SA in that series. They just didn't.

ploto
06-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Now if Horry would just admit it was a cheap shot.

spursfan1000
06-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Ok he admitted it, but who really cares?

EIC
06-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think Horry really did anything wrong? I saw the play live and remember thinking that the intensity of the collision was a product of Nash running at high speed, not really Horry hitting him. It always looked to me like Horry intended to draw a charge or commit a simple blocking foul, but underestimated how fast Nash was moving and got there a little too late. Instead of meeting him chest to chest, it was hip to hip.

But regardless, Horry just slid over and blocked him. Nash flew off like a top because he was running so damn fast and happened to run into a much larger object. If Nash hadn't been running that fast, it would have been the most unremarkable foul in NBA history. Why should Horry be labeled a dirty player for simply getting in Nash's way? It's not like Horry lowered his shoulder, which IMO is the telltale sign of a "hit."

I mean, compare what Horry did . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcIhHOplWws

to Derek Fisher's shot on Luis Scola . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CENZNnn0G1A

GSH
06-26-2010, 12:59 PM
I can understand some of the butt-hurt Suns fans who insisted that Horry was trying to hurt Nash. But there were a lot of Spurs fans (many on SpursTalk - you know who you are) who just "had to admit" that Horry was over the line with that foul.

The Suns got the ball back with about 22 seconds, up by 3 points. When a team is down by 3, with 22 seconds on the clock, is the game over?" Do any of you remember Duncan's buzzer-beating 3-pointer in the playoffs against the Suns?

Finley had a chance to intentionally foul Nash with about 21 seconds left. He went for a steal, and missed everything. Horry was out in front of Nash, he positioned himself to try and suck out a charge on Nash. It might have worked against a lot of point guards, but give credit to Steve Nash. When Horry couldn't draw straight contact, he slid his hip out.

The Spurs needed to intionally foul to have any chance of winning, or at least sending the game to OT. It was exactly the right play. He could have grabbed Nash for the intentional foul, but he slid into him. It happens all the time when people are trying to draw charge calls. And if he had managed to suck out a bad call from the ref? A couple of FT's and it would have been a 1-point game.

Robert Horry did a hell of a lot for the Spurs - including during that series. To agree with the pinheads from Phoenix who try to make him a villian on that play is almost unforgivable. Of course Nash flopped! And it bit him on the ass, because his stupid teammates got past their stupid assistant coaches, and ran onto the floor. Even the people who don't think the better team won have to admit that the smarter team won. And Robert Horry was the smartest player on the floor on that play.

alchemist
06-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Now if Horry would just admit it was a cheap shot.
His take on that "cheap shot" is on point....would anybody care if it was anyone else but Nash?

JamStone
06-26-2010, 02:06 PM
Earth shattering news.

MmP
06-26-2010, 02:11 PM
It was obvious, the check from Horry did exist but he tried to magnify it..didn't work

Dex
06-26-2010, 02:22 PM
It was obvious, the check from Horry did exist but he tried to magnify it..didn't work

Well, it did and it didn't.

Nash flopped and sold the call, guaranteeing a whistle that he was going to get anyways. Maybe he was hoping the extra drama would earn a flagrant foul on Horry; maybe he was just flopping out of floppy instinct. Either way, Nash got what he wanted: he drew more attention to the foul.

However, if Nash doesn't sell that foul and go down like BP stock, I doubt the rest of the Suns bench reacts at all. Amare never gets off the bench. Horry never gets suspended. The Suns still go on to win that game, and still have a full deck for the rest of the series. Maybe the outcome of the series is changed, maybe it isn't. But it definitely would have played out differently.

DAF86
06-26-2010, 02:43 PM

The reason Horry was suspended is 'cause Stern (thanks to his stupid rule) had no other choice than suspending Amare and Diaw, so to try to even things up he had to give Horry a two games suspension.

ohmwrecker
06-26-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm not going to quote it because that's a lot mother humpin' text to post more than once, but I totally agree with GSH's take. Right on, bro.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2010, 04:12 PM
I can understand some of the butt-hurt Suns fans who insisted that Horry was trying to hurt Nash. But there were a lot of Spurs fans (many on SpursTalk - you know who you are) who just "had to admit" that Horry was over the line with that foul.

The Suns got the ball back with about 22 seconds, up by 3 points. When a team is down by 3, with 22 seconds on the clock, is the game over?" Do any of you remember Duncan's buzzer-beating 3-pointer in the playoffs against the Suns?

Finley had a chance to intentionally foul Nash with about 21 seconds left. He went for a steal, and missed everything. Horry was out in front of Nash, he positioned himself to try and suck out a charge on Nash. It might have worked against a lot of point guards, but give credit to Steve Nash. When Horry couldn't draw straight contact, he slid his hip out.

The Spurs needed to intionally foul to have any chance of winning, or at least sending the game to OT. It was exactly the right play. He could have grabbed Nash for the intentional foul, but he slid into him. It happens all the time when people are trying to draw charge calls. And if he had managed to suck out a bad call from the ref? A couple of FT's and it would have been a 1-point game.

Robert Horry did a hell of a lot for the Spurs - including during that series. To agree with the pinheads from Phoenix who try to make him a villian on that play is almost unforgivable. Of course Nash flopped! And it bit him on the ass, because his stupid teammates got past their stupid assistant coaches, and ran onto the floor. Even the people who don't think the better team won have to admit that the smarter team won. And Robert Horry was the smartest player on the floor on that play.

I always thought the same thing. The Spurs needed to foul, Finley missed, Horry tried to draw a charge and when it looked like Nash might manage to get past him he made sure to get the intentional foul. Horry wasn't trying to send a message, and he wasn't trying to draw a technical because the game was still in doubt. Nash made a smart play by selling the foul; it sealed the win for the Suns. Unfortunately the Suns believed all the BS they were spewing to anyone with a microphone about how the Spurs were trying to injure them at every turn, so nobody on the Suns team reacted properly when Nash went sprawling. The upside for the Suns is the suspensions gave their fans a perpetual excuse for not being the better team that year.

Whisky Dog
06-26-2010, 04:23 PM

After the Spurs soft ass defense the last 2 seasons I pray for dirty.

YoMamaIsCallin
06-26-2010, 05:44 PM
However, if Nash doesn't sell that foul and go down like BP stock, I doubt the rest of the Suns bench reacts at all. Amare never gets off the bench. Horry never gets suspended. The Suns still go on to win that game, and still have a full deck for the rest of the series. Maybe the outcome of the series is changed, maybe it isn't. But it definitely would have played out differently.

Exactly. This is what Suns fans don't get. The Suns created the entire situation and they are responsible for what happened, not Robert Horry. Horry was just trying to intentionally foul Nash, Nash was about to blow by him along the sideline (Robert's not the speediest player ever), so he slid over to make sure he bumped him and got the foul. The rest was totally the creation of Nash and the bench players who ran out on the court.

It wasn't the gentlest intentional foul ever, but hey, this is the NBA playoffs.

spursfan1000
06-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Exactly. This is what Suns fans don't get. The Suns created the entire situation and they are responsible for what happened, not Robert Horry. Horry was just trying to intentionally foul Nash, Nash was about to blow by him along the sideline (Robert's not the speediest player ever), so he slid over to make sure he bumped him and got the foul. The rest was totally the creation of Nash and the bench players who ran out on the court.

It wasn't the gentlest intentional foul ever, but hey, this is the NBA playoffs.

Bottom line is Suns players got off the bench, which they werent suppose to do, they broke the rules so they got what they deserved.

angelbelow
06-26-2010, 06:36 PM
hahaha