PDA

View Full Version : Valhalla Rising

phyzik
06-26-2010, 12:50 AM
WcFOSfaCNec

Dont think it will ever come close to a Braveheart type movie but could be interesting to watch.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Mel Gibson is currently filming a new Viking movie.

he said he wants to make them scary and badass, and is filming it in original language like his other movies ;p

CubanSucks
06-26-2010, 03:55 AM
right now its got a 5.8 on IMDB. Not lookin too swell

CubanSucks
06-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Mel Gibson is currently filming a new Viking movie.

he said he wants to make them scary and badass, and is filming it in original language like his other movies ;p

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/
Not seeing anything on IMDB. Maybe its the 'untitled Mel Gibson/Leonardo Dicaprio'? Please give links or videos about this project cause Mel Gibson knows how to make em

Skywalker
06-26-2010, 04:09 AM
Plot from Wiki:

Chapter I Wrath

A mysterious mute Norse warrior named One-Eye is held captive up above in misty highlands. He is forced as a prisoner to be pitted against other criminals and mercilessly fight to the death. One-Eye continues to survive each fight, ruthlessly slaughtering his enemies by the numbers. While imprisoned, a young boy named Are tends to him regularly, bringing him food and water.

One-Eye is shown to have the ability to foresee events in his dreams. A dream of him bathing in a pond leads him to discover an arrow on the bottom of a water bed. Using the arrow, One-Eye breaks free, slaughters the group and places the head of the warden on a pike.

Chapter II Silent Warrior

With One-Eye leaving the land, he soon realizes that the young boy, Are, is pursuing him in curiosity. Together, they reach a small settlement of Crusaders, Christians ready to embark on a crusade to Jerusalem. The leader of the group, Kare, asks One-Eye to join him. He reasons that one may cleanse his or her soul of sin by committing to the Crusades.

Chapter III Men of God

The Crusaders, One-Eye and Are are seen on a boat destined for Jerusalem. The crew are broken, thirsty and hungry. With no wind for several days, a thick fog shrouds them constantly, preventing them from determining their direction or location. Lost, the crew begins to believe that the voyage is cursed. Some blame the source of the curse to the presence of the boy. Mutiny nearly arises as a crew member moves to murder the boy, however he is quickly killed by One-Eye.

Sensing a change, One-Eye takes a drink from the water around the boat and discovers that the boat is actually in an estuary and no longer at the sea. With the fog dissipating, the crew sees the first sight of land off into the distance.

Chapter IV The Holy Land

Upon landing, to their surprise The Holy Land is not a place of vast empty desert one might expect in the Middle East, but rather resembles the Taiga, with vast forests full of lakes and mountains. The crew sets out to explore the area, finding no animals to hunt, and no food to eat. Nearly starved, the crew continues until coming across some aboriginal burial sites. One of the crew members, Barde, leaves the group to venture on his own.

Upon realizing they have not reached Jerusalem, the crew prepares the ship to depart and head home. While on water, the group is taunted by a single arrow killing one of their men. Terrified, the crew soon realize that they are in Hell.

Chapter V Hell

Upon reaching a nearby shore, One Eye's dreams begin to intensify. He swims to a small island to construct an Inukshuk. Upon returning, One-Eye and the group is confronted by Barde who emerges from the forest naked, with bright blue eyes and covered with strange markings. Barde says he can hear One-Eye's thoughts, and translates that One-Eye is saying they are all going to die. The crew becomes divided, with some trying to attack One-Eye in fear.

Chapter VI The Sacrifice

Arrows from the forest continue to taunt and slaughter ones left behind. Soon after, the band breaks off. Some intend to find friends and relatives scattered in the forest, others intend to stay and die.

Afterwards, One-Eye and Are successfully reach the coastline. They are soon met by a large tribe of aboriginal warriors, who begin to beat One-Eye to death. His final moments are a recollection of the Inukshuk he built, slowly submerging himself into the water with him realizing his future fate.

The tribe leave Are alive and venture back into their native land. The film ends as Are looks off to the coast, with a dream sequence of One-Eye staring back.

--------------

Very interesting.

The Crusades were an exercise of Ego and heartlessness.

Definitely not God's will. Definitely the surest path to Hell.

However, they make this man seem to be the son of Satan that is looking for a way out. He knows nothing else but to kill. I wonder of his true destiny.

I feel the Chapter left to be written is REDEMPTION.

EmptyMan
06-26-2010, 07:28 AM
These are my favorite genre of movies. Mads Mikkelsen was such a badass in King Arthur that I will for sure see this.

MiamiHeat
06-26-2010, 08:46 AM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000154/
Not seeing anything on IMDB. Maybe its the 'untitled Mel Gibson/Leonardo Dicaprio'? Please give links or videos about this project cause Mel Gibson knows how to make em

Yes that is it. The Untitled Mel Gibson/Dicaprio is the Viking movie they are making.

DiCaprio will play one of the Vikings, but Gibson said he was to also portray the Vikings as scary mofo's, guttural language, etc...

here's what Gibson said

"I'm going to give you real men. I want a Viking to scare you. I don't want a Viking to say, 'I'm gonna die widda sword in my hand!' I don't want to hear that... I want to see someone who I've never seen before speaking low guttural German, who scares the living s**t out of me."
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0000489.html

it's gonna be good

here is another link

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/12/13/leonardo-dicaprio-starring-in-mel-gibsons-new-viking-epic/

Remember that mysterious Mel Gibson movie that will be shooting at a prison in Veracruz, Mexico? Well, according to Variety, Leonardo DiCaprio will star in Gibson's new untitled period drama about Viking culture. The script is being written by Oscar winner William Monahan (The Departed, Body of Lies, Edge of Darkness). The people in charge confirmed the project but would not divulge many details. DiCaprio, who has long been fascinated by Viking culture, will play one in a storyline that will be as "unsparing" as Gibson's other period directing efforts: Braveheart, Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto. This sounds pretty cool.

"This will be an awe-inspiring story, created with some of the industry's finest cinematic talent, and I am just over the moon to be making this film with Mel, Leo and Bill,” producer Graham King said in a statement after the principals confirmed the project to Variety. Shooting is expected to begin in fall 2010, meaning that if everything falls into place, it would be the next directing effort from Gibson. Apparently all my guesses about what this movie would be about were completely wrong. Though now I'm a bit worried, as the last few viking movies (Pathfinder, Outlander) haven't been that great. DiCaprio better put on a lot of muscle, too!

MelGibson
06-26-2010, 09:10 AM
This is going to be epic

boutons_deux
06-26-2010, 09:34 AM
All sides have God on their side. God must be amused. :)

EmptyMan
06-26-2010, 10:17 PM
That Gibson viking movie sounds good (except for Leo, that's like putting Antonio Banderas in the 13th warrior :( )

I loved Apocalypto. I got goosebumps at the end when they hit the beach.

Udokafan05
06-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Apocalypto was awesome. I've never seen a bad Mel Gibson movie.

CubanSucks
06-27-2010, 02:52 AM
Yes that is it. The Untitled Mel Gibson/Dicaprio is the Viking movie they are making.

DiCaprio will play one of the Vikings, but Gibson said he was to also portray the Vikings as scary mofo's, guttural language, etc...

here's what Gibson said

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/w0000489.html

it's gonna be good

here is another link

http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/12/13/leonardo-dicaprio-starring-in-mel-gibsons-new-viking-epic/

Remember that mysterious Mel Gibson movie that will be shooting at a prison in Veracruz, Mexico? Well, according to Variety, Leonardo DiCaprio will star in Gibson's new untitled period drama about Viking culture. The script is being written by Oscar winner William Monahan (The Departed, Body of Lies, Edge of Darkness). The people in charge confirmed the project but would not divulge many details. DiCaprio, who has long been fascinated by Viking culture, will play one in a storyline that will be as "unsparing" as Gibson's other period directing efforts: Braveheart, Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto. This sounds pretty cool.

"This will be an awe-inspiring story, created with some of the industry's finest cinematic talent, and I am just over the moon to be making this film with Mel, Leo and Bill,” producer Graham King said in a statement after the principals confirmed the project to Variety. Shooting is expected to begin in fall 2010, meaning that if everything falls into place, it would be the next directing effort from Gibson. Apparently all my guesses about what this movie would be about were completely wrong. Though now I'm a bit worried, as the last few viking movies (Pathfinder, Outlander) haven't been that great. DiCaprio better put on a lot of muscle, too!

This sounds too cool. With Braveheart and Apocalypto as a resume, I don't see this being anything short of amazing

phyzik
06-27-2010, 11:03 PM
That Gibson viking movie sounds good (except for Leo, that's like putting Antonio Banderas in the 13th warrior :( )

I loved Apocalypto. I got goosebumps at the end when they hit the beach.

if you didnt like The 13th Warrior as a guy... your fucking gay... hands down. No question. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Your a homo.

MiamiHeat
06-28-2010, 04:34 AM
Bulwyf is right up there with Maximus as my favorite film characters :P

even though the movie was good, it did have ridiculous shitty parts like Banderas character learning their language by just listening.

You can listen all you want to, but the only thing you learn from that is how to mimic the sounds. You still don't know what they are saying.

EmptyMan
06-28-2010, 08:45 AM
if you didnt like The 13th Warrior as a guy... your fucking gay... hands down. No question. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Your a homo.

That's not what I said. I said Leo fitting into a Viking movie is like Antonio Banderas fitting into his viking movie.

Typical Hollywood, have a good story and put in the big name fluffy actor as the lead role to appeal to the masses.

EmptyMan
07-17-2010, 09:44 PM
This movie is very different than your average movie.

Mads does not talk :( but he has a huge non-verbal presence on screen like in all of his movies. This movie is less about kick-ass viking-type crusaders and more about true unromanticized historic times. It's kind of boring, but miserable enough to feel like you are actually alive during this time in history.

If you liked The Road and you are into movies centered around this time in history, it's worth a watch. If not, you will turn it off after the first 10 minutes.

CuckingFunt
07-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I still haven't decided how much I need to see this one. It'd be an almost definite skip for me if not for the fact it's directed by the guy who did Bronson.

MiamiHeat
07-18-2010, 10:05 AM
fuck

i hope Mel gibson will be all right so he can make the viking movie.

EmptyMan
07-18-2010, 10:08 AM
Yeah. Valhalla rising has barely any dialogue, pretty much 0 interesting characters other than One-Eye (Mads), no plot, & moves extremely slow with not much happening. This will only appeal to a very small number of viewers. The scenery is beautiful though. I believe it was filmed in Scotland.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
07-18-2010, 10:24 AM
this will be shitty, just like all other movies in this genre

MannyIsGod
07-18-2010, 11:38 AM
78% on Rotten Tomatoes so it can't be that bad. The trailer has me interested.

BlairForceDejuan
07-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Looks interesting. I too hope Mel is sane enough to finish his upcoming viking movie. He's got the Viking rage down (irl).