PDA

View Full Version : Wolves Admit Shopping Al, Trade Impacted By Darko

spursfan1000
06-26-2010, 12:20 PM
David Kahn admitted on Friday that he is exploring a trade of Al Jefferson and the likelihood of a trade increases if the Wolves re-sign Darko Milicic.
"It's the right time finally for us to explore this," Kahn said of a possible Jefferson trade. "I've met with Al and discussed this. If Darko comes back, there could be a need to create some playing time. We really need to get our front line settled."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67471/20100626/wolves_admit_shopping_al_trade_impacted_by_darko/#ixzz0ryrj4cG6

I would really like Spurs to try and trade Jefferson and some picks for Al Jeff.

Stump
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Pass

Mel_13
06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
I would really like Spurs to try and trade Jefferson and some picks for Al Jeff.

Too much money, not enough defense.

spursfaninla
06-26-2010, 12:48 PM

short answer here.

Post scoring is great and everything, but you have to have (some) 2 way post players today to really have a chance.

mingus
06-26-2010, 12:48 PM
knee issues. plus, Splitter is probably coming over. Spurs need to sign a back-up SF (Hairston sucks ass and he's undersized) after that because Bogans is gone, and then call it an off-season.

Ginobili2Duncan
06-26-2010, 12:49 PM

:tu

spursfan1000
06-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Dude, Splitter is a bum. I hope you guys get the chance to see that finally. It's fun watching you guys talk shit about your suck ass players.

How do you know he's a bum if he hasn't played in the NBA yet? :lmao

DPG21920
06-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Really, because of Darko? I mean, Darko is a decent player (head case though), but to say that is the reason to trade Jefferson is silly imo. That is obviously not the reason.

Goran Dragic
06-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Really, because of Darko? I mean, Darko is a decent player (head case though), but to say that is the reason to trade Jefferson is silly imo. That is obviously not the reason.

This is the same GM who drafted 3 point guards a year ago, and in an interview Kahn raved about how Millicic had improved and how he's hoping to resign him. Nothing is surprising with this GM :lol

Mel_13
06-26-2010, 01:41 PM
This is the same GM who drafted 3 point guards a year ago, and in an interview Kahn raved about how Millicic had improved and how he's hoping to resign him. Nothing is surprising with this GM :lol

You only have to look at what OKC and Minnesota did in the last few days. Both started with a bunch of cap space and a boatload of draft picks. Look at what OKC was able to gain from those assets compared to what Minnesota did. It's ridiculous

David Kahn has quickly become one of the very worst GMs in professional sports.

TheProfessor
06-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Kahn's crazy, but at least he's entertaining.

Maddog
06-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Kahn's crazy, but at least he's entertaining.

to think- the TWolves replaced McHale with Kahn as GM.

With regards to Jefferson- no thanks bad contract, no D and comming off a severe knee injury.

buttsR4rebounding
06-26-2010, 02:53 PM
You only have to look at what OKC and Minnesota did in the last few days. Both started with a bunch of cap space and a boatload of draft picks. Look at what OKC was able to gain from those assets compared to what Minnesota did. It's ridiculous

David Kahn has quickly become one of the very worst GMs in professional sports.

And yet, he is an improvement from McHale...

angelbelow
06-26-2010, 02:55 PM
nah while we need his type of skill on offense he has more cons than pros.

Fabbs
06-26-2010, 03:13 PM
Al Jefferson would steal too many minutes from Matty Bonner while providing much needed O and D block help to Timmy Duncar.

:pop: He's won 4 titles, you know.

ohmwrecker
06-26-2010, 03:28 PM

That trade would bring us down to 0 players at the SF. I'll take Corey Brewer as long as the T'Wolves are giving players away.

I hope they find a trade partner though. I really want Darko to succeed in this league. I don't know why, but I feel bad for the guy. I want him to do well.

Mal
06-26-2010, 04:34 PM
McDyess retire, Jefferson for Jefferson. That brings need of defensive SF to play for 25 min, just like BB did. Lineup with Parker, Hill, Gino and two big from Al, Tim, Beast and Thiago wouldn`t be so undersize and Spurs played this with decent results.

If only there were no issues about Al`s health...

spursfaninla
06-26-2010, 04:39 PM
McDyess retire, Jefferson for Jefferson. That brings need of defensive SF to play for 25 min, just like BB did. Lineup with Parker, Hill, Gino and two big from Al, Tim, Beast and Thiago wouldn`t be so undersize and Spurs played this with decent results.

If only there were no issues about Al`s health...

fail.

al jefferson is a pf. He can't play sf.

We would have the centerpiece as our starting sf with this plan.

We have too many bigs already with duncan, splitter, dice, blair. I would need to trade blair and probably dice to free up the minutes needed to make Al worth it.

next.

Mal
06-26-2010, 05:04 PM
fail.

al jefferson is a pf. He can't play sf.

We would have the centerpiece as our starting sf with this plan.

We have too many bigs already with duncan, splitter, dice, blair. I would need to trade blair and probably dice to free up the minutes needed to make Al worth it.

next.

Wow, u really cant read? Where I wrote that Al is SF ? Didn`t I write that Dice should retire?

Muser
06-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Wow, Kahn is such a shitty GM.

Mr Bones
06-26-2010, 06:40 PM
In a nutshell, the difference between good teams and bad teams: Good teams do not give max contracts to guys who are defensive liabilities. Bad teams get mesmerized by the flashy offensive numbers, and do.

iManu
06-27-2010, 05:38 AM
This is part 1: (As, for some dang reason, they won't let us theoretically trade RJ until we really can.)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2fptybp

Sessions
Manu
Nocioni
Tim Duncan
Splitter

Al Jefferson
Iguodala
LLE True PG Chris Duhon, Steve Blake?
SF Sasha Pavlovic/other Minnesota scrub?
James "The Glide" Anderson
Boner

Manu and Nocioni are an Olympic team by themselves. We would have 3 incredible bigs, but probably not enough depth unless we put our Boner out in the wind. Where the fuck is Pops-Mensah Bonsu?

Unfortunately, we'd only be deep enough to drown a midget, and we'd lose the Grizzly Blair. What say you?

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Wow, u really cant read? Where I wrote that Al is SF ? Didn`t I write that Dice should retire?

What do the Spurs gain if McDyess retires?

iManu
06-27-2010, 06:01 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25hrh44

They may say I'm a dreamer. I really don't know why Minnesota would do this trade.

Flynn
Iguodala
Young
Tim Duncan
Splitter

Al Jefferson
Manu
Nocioni
Boner

This team would eat your lunch and do you sister.

And you would let it.

NickiRasgo
06-27-2010, 06:43 AM

They may say I'm a dreamer. I really don't know why Minnesota would do this trade.

Flynn
Iguodala
Young
Tim Duncan
Splitter

Al Jefferson
Manu
Nocioni
Boner

And you would let it.

lol

Mal
06-27-2010, 07:31 AM

Flynn
Iguodala
Young
Tim Duncan
Splitter

Al Jefferson
Manu
Nocioni
Boner

And you would let it.

Where did Al Jefferson come from ?

iManu
06-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Dick?

iManu
06-27-2010, 07:57 AM
Dick/picks! (And I don't mean George!) : D

:rollin