PDA

View Full Version : I know duncan wants to keep his good image but...

tim_duncan_fan
05-14-2005, 04:38 PM
If he has to he should pull a karl malone karate kick or throw an elbow when on offense because the seattle frontline is comitting every foul possible and they're getting away with it every time.

T Park
05-14-2005, 04:45 PM
uhh no.

You do that, then your no better than those thugs.

Grow up.

tim_duncan_fan
05-14-2005, 05:01 PM
the world isn't all cute bunnies and pretty flowers. sometimes you have to get rough.

Mark in Austin
05-14-2005, 05:04 PM
Use your role players on the bench to retailiate (but not dirty), not Duncan. Duncan needs to play hard and not back down, but he needs to stay on the court. Cheap fouls don't help with that.

Malone got away with it because he did it his whole career - the refs were used to it. If Duncan all of a sudden busts out with this type of play, he's getting whistles. It's just too different from his normal style.

Gummi
05-14-2005, 06:05 PM
The last thing I wan't Duncan to do is to committ a flagrant foul and be tossed from a game just to show that he can be mean. We have players like Massenburg and Mohammed to do those things even though Pop won't let his team go that low.

Don't forget that Fortson, James, and Evans are talentless hackers that can't do anything except fouling and talk stupid.

Vashner
05-14-2005, 06:19 PM
Last thing we need is to get suckered into a stupid fight... eye on the ball..

Spurminator
05-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Spurs Fans Who Clearly Miss the NHL Too Much Forum

slayermin
05-14-2005, 07:11 PM
You know, I felt like that the Spurs should retaliate but in the big picture of things, I am glad that they do not.

I may change my feelings on this subject as they advance. But I would hate to lose any guys to suspension and also develop a reputation as a thuggish team.

Leetonidas
05-14-2005, 08:59 PM
I'd rather have Tony Massenburg go out there and elbow someone.

picnroll
05-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Doesn't require a cheap shot. All that's required is the bigs, be it Duncan, Nazr, TMass, Horry, Rasho (that's a joke) stand chest to chest with a Sonic big after a hard foul and get the refs a little nervous that things are getting out of control.

HB22inSA
05-14-2005, 09:24 PM
Get over it.

Duncan will never become overly-emotional like you want him to be.

It's just the way he is.

E20
05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
TPark you have to stop thinking that we have to be the nice guys of the leauge and play hard. Commit hard but, clean fouls. If a guy is D'ing up a Spur up close for the love of good please swing your elbows and pivot not only does it tell them you're not a puss but, it scares them from playing you up that close in the future. Also please TD stop hovering around people when you touch them and you get called for a foul just walk away or say fuck you to them.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-14-2005, 10:35 PM
:lmao As usual, the forum girl scout, TPark, has to speak up.

Again, it's the PLAYOFFS. There's a difference between going mortal kombat on someone's ass and putting them on their ass every time they drive into the lane.

T Park
05-14-2005, 11:05 PM
As usual, the forum girl scout, TPark, has to speak up.

No, dumbshit, I just dont want the team, that salaries I pay, to go out and play like Fortsons.

There is no difference.

Fuck off.

bigzak25
05-15-2005, 12:00 AM
y u stressing the sonics tdfan? focus and value possessions and all will be well.

if they hurt a spur? that changes things. TMass HARD fouls APPROVED.