PDA

View Full Version : Next years starting five?

straight out of bren
06-27-2010, 04:22 PM
At least the first few weeks of the season-maybe all year:

PG:Tony Parker
SG:Manu Ginobili
SF:Richard Jefferson
PF:Tim Duncan
C:Tiago Splitter

This is assuming of course that Tiago signs with us.From everything i am reading there is a very good chance Tiago will be a spur.

Of course George Hill,James Anderson and Antonio Mcdyess all could have a say in this matter.BTW i love Manu as a starter.I thought we played our best ball last year with him in the starting unit.

DPG21920
06-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Mookie will love this thread. I can't wait to see his predictions.

8FOR!3
06-27-2010, 04:29 PM
PG George Hill
SG Manu Ginobili
SF Richard Jefferson
PF Tim Duncan
C Tiago Splitter
6 Tony Parker
7 DeJuan Blair
8. Antonio McDyess
9. James Anderson
10. Free Agent SF
11. Alonzo Gee
12. Ryan Richards

Obviously that's going to be off some, Gee and Richards will probably be in Austin next year (Gee might actually make the Spurs team as #12,) but other than that it seems like it can be pretty accurate, I'd be very happy with the roster I posted. Especially if that #10 ends up being a Matt Barnes or something along those lines. It would be the closest thing we've had to a championship roster since our last title.

doobs
06-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Who cares?

There are some general guidelines for who's on the court at any given time, which is more important. RJ and Blair need to play most of their minutes alongside Manu. Tim and Blair should generally never be on the floor at the same time. Same goes for McDyess and Bonner. If Parker is the focal point on offense, expect RJ to be useless.

I don't really care who starts.

8FOR!3
06-27-2010, 04:40 PM
James Anderson and Ryan Richards are good additions. We don't know what we'll get out of them yet, but on paper, they're good additions. Now we need to add Tiago Splitter and a free agent Small Forward. We do that and get rid of Bogans/Bonnar, then we've had a successful summer on paper, which is what matters until the season starts. We have no say in how the players play, we just have a say in who the players are, and those guys have talent.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-27-2010, 04:42 PM
hell no rj should be nowhere's near the starting 5 or 2nd string

PG George Hill
SG Manu Ginobili
SF Malik Hariston
PF Tim Duncan
C Tiago Splitter
6 Tony Parker
7 DeJuan Blair
8. Antonio McDyess
9. James Anderson
10. garrett temple
11. Alonzo Gee
12. Ryan Richards

silk
06-27-2010, 04:43 PM
PG-Parker
SG-George Hill

SF-Jefferson
PF-Tiago Splitter
C-Tim Duncan

6th Manu
7th Blair
8th Anderson

Tony and george work very well together, and our front-line will be strong enough

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Jefferson shouldn't be starting, any combination of Parker/Hill/Manu with Jefferson on the perimeter isn't good enough defensively, even with Splitter's added length in the paint..

I'm in favor of bringing back the Parker/Gino starting backcourt though, leave it like that..I like the idea of Hill and Jefferson off the bench for some perimeter fire power..

This all comes down to the SF position again, it's the Achilles heel of this team..which player will step up and become the perimeter defender that can add some shooting for the Spurs?..

doobs
06-27-2010, 04:58 PM
More importantly, who are the finishing five?

Parker
Hill
Manu
TD
?

Brazil
06-27-2010, 05:24 PM
PG-Parker
SG-George Hill

SF-Jefferson
PF-Tiago Splitter
C-Tim Duncan

6th Manu
7th Blair
8th Anderson

Tony and george work very well together, and our front-line will be strong enough

spot on

spursfan1000
06-27-2010, 05:37 PM
hell no rj should be nowhere's near the starting 5 or 2nd string

PG George Hill
SG Manu Ginobili
SF Malik Hariston
PF Tim Duncan
C Tiago Splitter
6 Tony Parker
7 DeJuan Blair
8. Antonio McDyess
9. James Anderson
10. garrett temple
11. Alonzo Gee
12. Ryan Richards

:lmao We would get killed startin Hariston.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2010, 05:48 PM
Jefferson shouldn't be starting, any combination of Parker/Hill/Manu with Jefferson on the perimeter isn't good enough defensively, even with Splitter's added length in the paint..

I'm in favor of bringing back the Parker/Gino starting backcourt though, leave it like that..I like the idea of Hill and Jefferson off the bench for some perimeter fire power..

This all comes down to the SF position again, it's the Achilles heel of this team..which player will step up and become the perimeter defender that can add some shooting for the Spurs?..

:tu
Jefferson's backup (or the one to send him to the bench) should be the focus of the rest of the offseason, after signing Splitter.

ducks
06-27-2010, 05:56 PM
I want hill and jefferson off the bench all year so they develop a chemistry

straight out of bren
06-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I think some of you guys should not give up on Jefferson quite yet.I know he was a disappointment last year.That being said i thought he started playing better towards the end of the season.

Another year in the spurs system should do wonders for him.Also he seems to work very well with Manu.They have that chemistry thing going.Plus not to long ago this guy was very good.He was a beast at times when he played for the nets.

SpursTillTheEnd
06-27-2010, 06:03 PM
wow i dont see what you find funny... i seem to recall a game where the starters were getting killed and what happened malik came in and what brought us back and then jefferson came back in and what we lost fuck what anyone says malik>rj malik to hill is beautiful and rj works better with parker

Harry Callahan
06-27-2010, 06:04 PM
I think Parker, Hill will start with Mcdyess, Timmy, and Jefferson.

Manu, Blair, Splitter, and Anderson come off the bench. The other guys pick their spots. I hope Mahimi gets one more year to acclimate here and even get some minutes. McDyess may not be around much longer.

jason1301
06-27-2010, 06:12 PM
Not sure who will start but Hill, Anderson, RJ, Blair and Splitter could be a scary second unit.

spursfaninla
06-27-2010, 06:18 PM

If we get an LLE quality sf, it is unlikely they will contribute enough defensively enough to offset the likely improved offense from RJ.

There are different ways to skin a cat. We dont' have to have a great perimeter defensive player if we have adequate/good defensive players and a good, balanced offense. RJ is a better offensive sf than we have have had since sean. The problem is that his 3pt shot dropped, and our sf typically shoots 3pt shots.

If we utilize RJ properly he will contribute greatly. He is an off-the-ball slasher that can be very dangerous. If he gets his 3pt shot back, he will be more valuable than a mediocre 3pt shooter who defends better but contributes less to the offense.

Assuming RJ improves next year in our scheme (which I think is pretty safe), even given that his defense is not great, our offense will be pretty good with Splitter in the starting lineup.

I think they try splitter as a major backup minutes guy for the start of the season, and assuming he out-performs dice, he gets the starting job in a few months.

We have lots of options, with plenty of talent now in the front and back court. Finding out which players play best together will be the idea, in order to maximize the productivity of our rotations.

Manu seemed to be the common link in boosting the productivity of hill, blair, and rj. Hopefully, parker can replicate that. If not, we will keep those players together, and whether that means parker is on the bench or starting does not matter much if all of those players get 25+ minutes.

Gino2882
06-27-2010, 06:21 PM
If/When Splitter comes I believe he will start from day 1. I like Dice with the 2nd unit.

ohmwrecker
06-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Shit. Hairston will be fortunate to make the squad. Like it or not, Jefferson is the best option at SF. There is no one on the current roster or on the FA market (who would be reasonably available to the Spurs) who is better than RJ. Sad but true.

yavozerb
06-27-2010, 06:27 PM
TP
Hill-(if anderson shows he can play I would actually like him starting by years end cause of his size)
RJ
TD
Splitter

hsxvvd
06-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Parker/Manu
Hill/Anderson
Jefferson/Hairston
Duncan/Blair
Splitter/McDyess

DJB
06-28-2010, 12:29 AM
Chris Paul
Manu Ginobili
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
25 year old Tim Duncan

Chucho
06-28-2010, 12:52 AM
I fail to understand how people will dump on Bonner and Mason but think Hairston is roster material. That's the blind man calling the deaf guy handicapped. For that matter, I can't understand this fascination that guys like Hairston and Gist are the future of the franchise instead of the obvious reality that they are on-the-line talent.

DesignatedT
06-28-2010, 01:00 AM
PG-Parker
SG-Hill
SF-RJ
PF-Duncan
C- Splitter

6.Manu
7.Blair
8.Free Agent SF/ hoping Outlaw.
9.Dice
10.Anderson
11.Free Agent Big
12.Temple

13.Gee
14.Hairston
15.Richards.

SenorSpur
06-28-2010, 01:03 AM
:tu
Jefferson's backup (or the one to send him to the bench) should be the focus of the rest of the offseason, after signing Splitter.

Although it's been said in another thread, that's where a player like Ryan Gomes would be a godsend. A player who is rugged, can rebound, defend and shoot that corner 3. A suitable offensive and defensive alternative/backup to RJ. The anti-RJ.

tdunk21
06-28-2010, 02:43 AM
RJ is more productive when he is playing with manu...

TP/Hill/temple
anderson/manu/gee?
RJ/backup sf/hairston?
timmy/blair/richards?
splitter/dice/ian

i doubt if hairston, richards and gee make it to the regular season roster....especially hairston has to show his worth to stay coz i guess he cant go back to toros....

straight out of bren
06-28-2010, 11:06 AM
I fail to understand how people will dump on Bonner and Mason but think Hairston is roster material. That's the blind man calling the deaf guy handicapped. For that matter, I can't understand this fascination that guys like Hairston and Gist are the future of the franchise instead of the obvious reality that they are on-the-line talent.

This!You are dead on.I have never understood the fascination with Hairston.He is borderline material at best.

Brazil
06-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Chris Paul
Kobe
LeBron James
Dwight Howard
25 year old Tim Duncan

fify