06-27-2010, 07:44 PM
lmao knicks.

jacobdrj
06-27-2010, 07:46 PM
The new name for the New York team will be:
The New York GeriatriKnick-Suns...

Shastafarian
06-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Me to knicks fan friend of mine: Did you hear about the knicks/joe johnson rumor?

Him: No

Me: ESPN is saying they'll extend a max offer to him Thursday

Him: I'm going to kill myself
Him: Its over
Him: My life my career watching this team

:lol

Muser
06-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Johnson is going to be crucified if he pulls what he did in Atlanta in NY.

Giuseppe
06-27-2010, 08:05 PM
He's a bum.

Mel_13
06-27-2010, 08:15 PM
The Knicks go through two more years of losing while they get rid of practically every useful asset except cap space. The fan base awaits July 1, 2010 with great expectations.

All that losing and waiting and they get????

JJ and A'mare on max contracts.

:lmao

SomeCallMeTim
06-27-2010, 08:18 PM
LOL Knicks

You'd think one signing like Allan Houston would have taught the franchise something.

Xevious
06-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Oh Jesus. Johnson and Stoudemire? This is what they tanked and traded away their players for... to rebuild the Suns?

ffadicted
06-27-2010, 08:25 PM
I may have spilt my drink from laughing, ngl

resistanze
06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
Oh Jesus. Johnson and Stoudemire? This is what they tanked and traded away their players for... to rebuild the Suns?

:lol

Shastafarian
06-27-2010, 08:36 PM
If they had a better owner would they try a Walsh-for-Pritchard swap?

TDMVPDPOY
i dont get whats the fascination with his game, his the most overrated player in teh league...

mingus
i don't see the point in offering Joe Johnson, who isn't worth the max at all, a max contract. all the Knicks are doing is limiting themselves in the future. i'd rather suck for a year again, get a top 3 pick in the draft potentially, and wait to sign someone like Chris Paul, who is worth max, next year (when i believe he is a free agent).

the Magic hurt themselves by signing a guy like Lewis to a MC. they could have used that money for two other really good players and probably had a championship by this point.

Cane
06-27-2010, 08:46 PM
I see the Knicks having a higher chance of signing Boozer than Amar'e but yea at this point they're going to be dealing with leftovers unless James simply loves NYC that much.

They'll be doing the Heat, Bulls, Nets, and all the other teams with capspace a huge favor by signing Johnson to a max contract so that they won't have to even have it on the drawing board anymore.

DMX7
06-27-2010, 08:54 PM
This guy reminds me of Richard Jefferson.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:05 PM
What a fucking embarrassment to the city if they get either Joe Johnson or Stoudemire, getting loser players like that is not how you win..

:lmao and Lebron is a winner? When Amare was playing in the conference finals Lebron was fishing.

A Knick team with Amare and JJ will be way better than the garbage they've been watching the better part of this decade.

Booharv
06-27-2010, 09:10 PM
:lmao and Lebron is a winner? When Amare was playing in the conference finals Lebron was fishing.

And like I pointed out in the other thread on this they wouldn't be done building their team. Curry's contracts comes off the books allowing them to add another superstar in '11. Melo has been rumored to be considering playing in New York, in that case JJ and Amare would be pretty awesome #2 and #3 options.

If they added some defensive role players like some Posey and PJ Brown types they could contend. It wouldn't be the end of the world certainly.

Booharv
06-27-2010, 09:11 PM
a knick team with amare and jj will be way better than the garbage they've been watching the better part of this decade.

+1000000000000000000000000000000

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:12 PM
And like I pointed out in the other thread on this they wouldn't be done building their team. Curry's contracts comes off the books allowing them to add another superstar in '11. Melo has been rumored to be considering playing in New York, in that case JJ and Amare would be pretty awesome #2 and #3 options.

If they added some defensive role players like some Posey and PJ Brown types they could contend. It wouldn't be the end of the world certainly.

Yeah exactly. People are massively underrating JJ and Amare because all they are judging them off is how their playoffs ended, but if as you said they got those two and then Melo that's a big 3 you can easily build around with the right group of role players.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Then again they're never gonna win a championship regardless of Amare, JJ and Melo as long as Mike D'antoni is coach.

But they already have some pieces. Toney Douglas is a great young defensive PG who can shoot 3's and be a great role player. Douglas, JJ, Melo, Amare, and a veteran defensive center is a great, well rounded starting lineup.

Veterinarian
06-27-2010, 09:17 PM
Yeah exactly. People are massively underrating JJ and Amare because all they are judging them off is how their playoffs ended, but if as you said they got those two and then Melo that's a big 3 you can easily build around with the right group of role players.

I'm not a Melo fan but I don't see how he picks a Thuggets team with a 35 year old Billups and JR Smith on it as his next two best players over a Knicks team with JJ and Amare on it. Plus the chance to live in NY and see his face on Lebron type billboards everywhere would seem to probably give a guy like Melo a huge boner.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm not a Melo fan but I don't see how he picks a Thuggets team with a 35 year old Billups and JR Smith on it as his next two best players over a Knicks team with JJ and Amare on it. Plus the chance to live in NY and see his face on Lebron type billboards everywhere would seem to probably give a guy like Melo a huge boner.

Yeah, the other possibility with Melo is him going to Washington if John Wall has a beast rookie year and Andre Blatche develops since he did live in Baltimore as a child.

I heard he's considering an extension but I bet those extension talks break off once he sees the fun Wade and Lebron are having in free agency while he feels left out.

Mel_13
06-27-2010, 09:24 PM
I heard he's considering an extension but I bet those extension talks break off once he sees the fun Wade and Lebron are having in free agency while he feels left out.

Denver can offer him a 3yr/65M extension that will go through the 2014-15 season. If they put that max extension on the table, I think he'll sign it rather risk being a FA under a new CBA.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Good point forgot about the new CBA

Booharv
06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Well the next best realistic free agent (since Duncan could opt but likely won't and Ming will be free but really they ain't going anywhere) would actually be Parker, and he would be 28. Tbh if Parker regains his 2007-09 form they could be an interesting team depending on their role players. I wouldn't pick them to win it all, but still...

Also, we have no idea what the actual CBA will be: the cap number for this year was way higher than expected (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2010-04-16-salary-cap-projection_N.htm) and the Knicks would have a significant amount of cap space to play with next year to improve their team in either case through trades or FA signings.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:38 PM
This might actually be smart if the Knicks punt the chance at signing Lebron and go with a sure thing, the Suns did a similar thing in 2004 when they had the cap room to sign Kobe but decided Nash and Q-Rich were a safer sure thing.

Veterinarian
06-27-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm going to go ahead and predict that chucker Melo signs with them in 2011. Tbh I could see a guy like Melo loving the street cred playing in NY would give him over playing in Denver, plus his endorsements would absolutely blow up if he played in New York. That would more than offset any money he would lose. Also, he would be Ewing like in that he would torture them by being just good enough to get the brink but never over the hump imo. Plus when that Denver team loses in the first round again next year, it will be a wake up call.

jonnybravo
06-27-2010, 11:20 PM

Without Steve Nash too. Wow that is going to be disastrous.

DJ Mbenga
06-27-2010, 11:29 PM
i think NY is just out there to cockblock everyone

Leetonidas
06-28-2010, 12:58 AM
:lmao @ the Knicks if they end up getting both Amare and Johnson. They just need to trade for Q-Rich now.

Veterinarian
06-28-2010, 01:01 AM
:lmao @ the Knicks if they end up getting both Amare and Johnson. They just need to trade for Q-Rich now.

:lmao not reading through the entire thread before posting

The Third Man
06-28-2010, 02:46 AM

Without a viable point guard at that. The Rockets are getting lottery picks from them.

Spursfan 87
06-28-2010, 02:50 AM

da_suns_fan
06-28-2010, 12:20 PM
the knicks:lol:lol:lol

Called that one.

Amare and Joe Johnson will both be knicks.

spursfan1000
06-28-2010, 05:27 PM
The Knicks go through two more years of losing while they get rid of practically every useful asset except cap space. The fan base awaits July 1, 2010 with great expectations.

All that losing and waiting and they get????

JJ and A'mare on max contracts.

:lmao that'd be funny, Knicks should have just kept their draft picks and aquired talent in the NBA draft every year instead of breaking down the team to try and get a top free agent.

mavsfan1000
06-28-2010, 05:29 PM
:lmao Knicks. Another stupid move.

Booharv
06-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Said this in the other thread, but the Hawks are giving Joe Johnson the max.

"Johnson reportedly willing to accept less money to play for Knicks"

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/johnson-reportedly-willing-to-558794.html

clambake
06-28-2010, 07:08 PM

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/johnson-reportedly-willing-to-558794.html

good.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 07:09 PM

Don't question Phila_Chamberlain! His "sources" are never wrong!

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140828

MavDynasty
06-28-2010, 07:10 PM
crofl sources