PDA

View Full Version : Rockets going after Johnson and Bosh

djohn2oo8
06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Apparently Morey wants Bosh badly

Despite some foreboding signs, the Rockets do not consider themselves out of the free agency fight before throwing their first punch.
Amid indications Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh will seek to join another top free agent on a team with cap space, a person with knowledge of the Rockets’ thinking said Houston is confident it will be in the running and is considering seeking another enticement.

The individual familiar with the Rockets’ thinking said Houston could attempt to give Bosh a chance to sign with an All-Star guard by making a run at Hawks guard Joe Johnson. Bosh on Saturday told the Miami Herald that the Miami Heat, with Dwyane Wade, would be in "top contention" for his services. He also is expected to receive strong recruiting pitches from the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks, who will try to get him along with the Cavaliers’ LeBron James.

Last week, Bosh seemed to tie his own decision to James’ when he said nothing will happen until James picks a team, a sign that Bosh might seek to join forces with the Cleveland star.

If the Rockets seek to land Johnson, a starter in the 2010 All-Star Game and a teammate of Bosh’s on the 2006 World Championships team, it would require a second sign-and-trade deal in addition to a deal for Bosh. That would likely have to involve guard Kevin Martin, and the team is unsure whether it would want to give up Martin to get Johnson.
Teams may begin talking to free agents and their representatives at 11 p.m. Central on Wednesday. The Knicks are expected to meet with Johnson in Los Angeles Wednesday night on Johnson’s 29th birthday.

James is expected to begin meeting with various teams' representatves on Thursday. There were various reports over the weekend that James and Bosh are "a done deal to go to Chicago;" that James is leaning to the Nets and that James still prefers to play for the Knicks.

Those teams are also certain to make James their top priority, with Miami’s emphasis on keeping Wade. In addition to Bosh, the Heat could be in the running for Suns forward Amar’e Stoudemire or Jazz forward Carlos Boozer.
The Raptors and Rockets are the teams that seem to covet Bosh the most. Bosh, however, is expected to begin the process by visiting with teams with cap room, a move that is dangerous to the Rockets’ chances but could help if he does not make a decision before the Rockets make their pitch.

By starting with the teams that can sign him without a sign-and-trade deal, Bosh could pressure the Raptors to make the best of losing him by coming to an agreement with the sort of sign-and-trade arrangement the Rockets will need.

If he remains unsure, the Rockets could also benefit by meeting with Bosh relatively late in the process, providing more time to tailor their overtures through the process before making their presentation.
They are, however, not going to wait to begin making their case to him. That will begin Wednesday night with the team over the next few days putting the finishing touches on its proposal, possibly to include the pursuit of another All-Star

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7083521.html

Muser
06-27-2010, 08:26 PM
Why would Houston want Johnson? They already have two guards who can go for 20 + on any given night.

djohn2oo8
06-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Why would Houston want Johnson? They already have two guards who can go for 20 + on any given night.

They would go after Johnson first to attract Bosh. Could all be a smokescreen, since we don't have the assets for either one

Mel_13
06-27-2010, 08:28 PM
:lmao

The NBA isn't a fantasy league. After they pull these mythical S&Ts for JJ and Bosh (which will require sending out some 30M in contracts), they'll have Yao, Bosh, JJ and what exactly?

Cane
06-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Didn't Bosh say he didn't want to come to Texas anyway even though he's a native?

djohn2oo8
06-27-2010, 08:32 PM
Didn't Bosh say he didn't want to come to Texas anyway even though he's a native?

Yup

Veterinarian
06-27-2010, 08:40 PM

IronMexican
06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
The Rockets can want him as much as they possibly can. They still have no chance of getting Bosh. They could be stupid enough to give Johnson max, though.

I have no idea where they get this idea that Houston is some fucking place to be. Chicago, and New York are a much better place for either. Houston will be irrelevant next year. So will New York, but you can make much more on sponsors. And Chicago will be relevant and you have the big city.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:09 PM
The Rockets can want him as much as they possibly can. They still have no chance of getting Bosh. They could be stupid enough to give Johnson max, though.

But Daryl Morey is god!

BUMP
06-27-2010, 09:25 PM
http://stuff.pyzam.com/funnypics/animals/boxer-lol.jpg

djohn2oo8
06-27-2010, 09:29 PM

I have no idea where they get this idea that Houston is some fucking place to be. Chicago, and New York are a much better place for either. Houston will be irrelevant next year. So will New York, but you can make much more on sponsors. And Chicago will be relevant and you have the big city.

Knicks? Really?

djohn2oo8
06-27-2010, 09:34 PM
But Daryl Morey is god!

Giving up before the series even started, GTFO!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Giving up before the series even started, GTFO!

I said Lakers in 6, sorry I'm right about everything :toast

lol think Bosh is gonna sign for the MLE

dirk4mvp
06-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Knicks? Really?

Did you read the rest of his post?

lol houston

djohn2oo8
06-27-2010, 09:46 PM
Did you read the rest of his post?

lol houston

LeBron to Dallas "WE STAACCKEED"

djohn2oo8
06-27-2010, 09:47 PM
I said Lakers in 6, sorry I'm right about everything :toast

lol think Bosh is gonna sign for the MLE

Well, According to you, Bosh and Jamison are about on the same level, so it shouldn't be out of the question, ain't that right :lmao

Ghazi
06-27-2010, 09:48 PM
lol djohn

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Well, According to you, Bosh and Jamison are about on the same level, so it shouldn't be out of the question, ain't that right :lmao

lol trying to change the subject

Bosh = rich man's Antwan Jamison, I stand by that!

dirk4mvp
06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
lol "spurfans be my friend :cry"

The Franchise
06-27-2010, 10:12 PM

Morey would never try to sign JJ just to make Bosh happy. We will take a shot at Bosh and either get him or not, but if you're stupid enough to believe we will be irrelevant with or without him, then you are one dumb bastard :lol. Have you already forgotten that your B2B champs were one healthy Yao away from being bounced in the second round last season? Even with a healthy Bynum and Gasol your team had no answer for the him or Aaron Brooks. The Rockets team that will start the 2010-2011 season will be better and deeper than the one that made you piss your pants and you think we will be irrelevant? :wow

As far as the big city thing is concerned, you do realize that Houston is the fourth largest city in America don't you? Signing with Houston would also mean you automatically pick up Chinese sponsors and a fanbase over 250 million deep. From a basketball standpoint none of the other supposed destinations has the depth or talent that the Rockets have so why would people not be talking about Bosh to the Rockets? Without Bosh we will be a contending team next year, but adding him and putting Scola on the bench would make us the best in the west. When I think about it that way I understand why you're against it. :lol

BUMP
06-27-2010, 11:06 PM
[/B]

Morey would never try to sign JJ just to make Bosh happy. We will take a shot at Bosh and either get him or not, but if you're stupid enough to believe we will be irrelevant with or without him, then you are one dumb bastard :lol. Have you already forgotten that your B2B champs were one healthy Yao away from being bounced in the second round last season? Even with a healthy Bynum and Gasol your team had no answer for the him or Aaron Brooks. The Rockets team that will start the 2010-2011 season will be better and deeper than the one that made you piss your pants and you think we will be irrelevant? :wow

As far as the big city thing is concerned, you do realize that Houston is the fourth largest city in America don't you? Signing with Houston would also mean you automatically pick up Chinese sponsors and a fanbase over 250 million deep. From a basketball standpoint none of the other supposed destinations has the depth or talent that the Rockets have so why would people not be talking about Bosh to the Rockets? Without Bosh we will be a contending team next year, but adding him and putting Scola on the bench would make us the best in the west. When I think about it that way I understand why you're against it. :lol

You can't say they were only a healthy Yao Ming away, cause Yao's always injured. It is what it is.

That's like saying "Well if Kwame Brown didn't suck that game..."

DJ Mbenga
06-27-2010, 11:35 PM
2010 is going to be full of smokescreens. make nothing of this

jacobdrj
06-27-2010, 11:49 PM
I would NEVER want to play in NY... Tough crowd...

Indazone
06-28-2010, 02:16 AM
Virtually zero chance Bosh ends up in Houston and trading away Martin or Brooks to get Johnson is stupid too. Either or both of those two guards go off for 20 pts on any given night.

I smell a smokescreen and I think the true target is Amare Stoudamire.