PDA

View Full Version : Most Overrated Starting Lineup in the League

mavsfan1000
06-27-2010, 09:48 PM
List the lineup of what you think are the most overrated started lineup of the league.
PG Billups- He was a good player a few years ago but now is slow and junk
SG Joe Johnson- Selfish ballhog that didn't show up in this years playoffs
SF Carmelo Anthony- Another ballhog that has no range. His defense is awful.
PF Carlos Boozer - His defense is awful and he was totally owned by Gasol.
C Amare Stoudemire - He is explosive. Once again with the defense. He is not the player he once was. His stats are inflated by Nash.

Ghazi
06-27-2010, 09:51 PM
Paul is the most overrated PG.

TIMMYD!
06-27-2010, 09:51 PM
I thought you were talking about actual, current line-ups.

Ghazi
06-27-2010, 09:52 PM
and West is the most overrated PF in the league. 2 time all star? really?

LMAO Hornets

Veterinarian
06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
2007 forum

Amare started at PF all year and hasn't been a center in while. Besides he was rookie of the year playing with Starbury. He's talented get over it.

Smooth Criminal
06-27-2010, 10:12 PM
PG: Rondo
SG: JJ
SF: LeBron (I now I'll get crucified for this but first: Yes, LeBron is a spectacular player but he's treated like an infallible god by the media, which he clearly isn't)
PF: Duncan (Slowed considerably IMO)
C: D12 (Obv)

Sigz
06-27-2010, 10:19 PM
How is Duncan overrated? 18 and 10 for a 34 year old who isn't fancied by the media is overrated?

That is bargain...

Booharv
06-27-2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah, Duncan's definitely not over-rated.

Chieflion
06-27-2010, 10:35 PM
PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: O.J Mayo
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Darko Milicic

Cane
06-27-2010, 10:45 PM
PG: Rondo - Can't shoot worth shit, likes to gamble on defense with steals.

SG: Kobe Bryant - Doesn't really come close to MJ's legacy, talent, or career: MJ has superior wins/advanced stats/moments in history/revolutionized the NBA/etc. People who seriously compare them are either in their 20's (or younger) or never really watched Jordan play without homer goggles. Kobe shot 40% against Boston while Wade shot 56% and Wade averaged 2 more assists while having a shitty team.

SF: Carmelo - Seems to have eventual meltdowns and gets into stupid foul trouble both personals and technicals.

PF: Amar'e - That play where he let Gasol catch the inbounds pass and score without even knowing wtf was going on or putting any of his body on him....that play basically sums up this one-dimensional and unaware clown.

C: Dwight Howard. Overrated except for his rebounding and athleticism but his strengths go out the window since he averages a stupid amount of fouls per game and can be single-covered. Like Amar'e he's a limited player overall and like Carmelo he's mentally weak and picks up a stupid amount of technicals/personals. Had a historically awful first round series and tries to get away with too much incidental contact. Played bad for about 7 out of his 14 playoffs games.

jacobdrj
06-27-2010, 10:45 PM
Chris Paul - Certainly a great PG, but blown way way out of proportion...
Carlos Boozer - Not even the best PF on his team...
Vince Carter - Why this guy was ever considered a 'superstar' is beyond me. At his peak, ne was nothing more than a 'star'...
Richard Jefferson - This guy is NOT a 2nd option, or a 3rd option. He is barely a 4th option...
Ron Artest - He used to be the best defender in the NBA 1-on-1, and he had an offensive game to match, but man, has this guy fallen off. Glad he showed up for the Finals, but I am not even sure he is better than the scrub he replaced...

Venti Quattro
06-28-2010, 12:05 AM
SF Carmelo Anthony- Another ballhog that has no range. His defense is awful.

Really? No range? Did you see him melt down the Mavs defense in last year's playoffs?

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Really? No range? Did you see him melt down the Mavs defense in last year's playoffs?

you mean that series where Carmelo basically had an evening shootaround in front of a packed arena for 5 games? Having Antoine Wright on you basically means you're taking whatever wide open shot you want.

lmao defense

23LeBronJames23
06-28-2010, 12:09 AM
PG: Rondo
SG: JJ
SF: LeBron (I now I'll get crucified for this but first: Yes, LeBron is a spectacular player but he's treated like an infallible god by the media, which he clearly isn't)
PF: Duncan (Slowed considerably IMO)
C: D12 (Obv)

:lmao