PDA

View Full Version : Will he declare war next?

Wild Cobra
06-27-2010, 11:57 PM
We have been declared enemies. Is war next:

Chavez: Israel and US 'empire' are enemies (http://content.usatoday.net/dist/custom/gci/InsidePage.aspx?cId=azcentral&sParam=33912495.story)

The Reckoning
06-28-2010, 12:05 AM
:lmao

he's "declared war" on the US his entire tenure. nobody in LA would dare wage a war on a major western power.

see: Falkland Islands

Wild Cobra
06-28-2010, 12:19 AM

he's "declared war" on the US his entire tenure. nobody in LA would dare wage a war on a major western power.

I remember. I was in the Army then and heard a few interesting stories. However, if Argentina invaded the Falkland Islands now, think president Obama would assist England, or would they lose to Argentina?

Chavez is just saber rattling. Getting praise from his dictatorial buddies in the world. He's not stupid enough to really do anything aggressive, but maybe financially through commercial means.

clambake
06-28-2010, 12:26 AM
i heard your army job was to wrap foil around rabbit ears?

right?

Wild Cobra
06-28-2010, 12:28 AM
i heard your army job was to wrap foil around rabbit ears?

right?
I see you have nothing better to do than follow me and be vengeful.

What a pitiful existence you must have.

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2010, 12:29 AM
if a little midget starts talking shit to you, you don't attack him. You go home and enjoy being able to grab things out you cupboard without needing a stool

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2010, 12:54 AM
shut the fuck up wild cobra, you never did shit in your military "career" but pick your your nose and spit skoal.

Nbadan
06-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Wow...demagoguery alert.....meanwhile America sucks at Venezuela's oily tit...

Wild Cobra
06-28-2010, 02:00 PM
shut the fuck up wild cobra, you never did shit in your military "career" but pick your your nose and spit skoal.
Are you jealous or what?

Never touched skoal. Touched Mary Jane, but never skoal.

ElNono
06-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Let's "liberate" them. I'm sure they'll welcome us with open arms.
As a bonus, you get another oil deposit. Sounds like a plan. :tu

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 03:41 PM

He served. That's more than most are willing to do. Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not fostering "hero" status upon all military. There are quite a few screwups in here. Still, it takes courage to enlist in the first place, and be willing to go where you're needed.

clambake
06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
He served. That's more than most are willing to do. Now, don't get me wrong; I'm not fostering "hero" status upon all military. There are quite a few screwups in here. Still, it takes courage to enlist in the first place, and be willing to go where you're needed.

where'd you hear that crap? off one of your tv's?

The Reckoning
06-28-2010, 04:34 PM
imo, most of the guys i grew up with that joined the service either flunked out of college, didn't want to enter the "real world," or were living at home and their parents kicked them out. not that they haven't been "broken down and rebuilt," but to my knowledge they joined out of practical reasons and didn't have any other options.

now the people i know who went/go to service academies, they are all good guys. thumbs up to them.

spursncowboys
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM

keep using logic when dealing with a dictator. I guess Iran would never attack America? N. Korea would never reinvade S. Korea?

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 04:43 PM
imo, most of the guys i grew up with that joined the service either flunked out of college, didn't want to enter the "real world," or were living at home and their parents kicked them out. not that they haven't been "broken down and rebuilt," but to my knowledge they joined out of practical reasons and didn't have any other options.

now the people i know who went/go to service academies, they are all good guys. thumbs up to them.

I can't speak for the majority, but I joined when I was 17 so I could travel, get education and leave the house. I think that everyone who has served in the military has probably made some sort of sacrifice; others more than most. (Ie. infantry guys, guys with family, guys who could make more on the outside, lifers etc etc)

I'm not saying people who stay in the military are all self-less heroes by any means; I recognize that there are very strong incentives to stay in the military (20 year retirement, free health care, etc etc) but I still appreciate those who choose to serve.

And there are good and bad people, both enlisted and officers. You may just like officers better because they tend to be better educated, on average.

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 04:45 PM

:lol How many posts do you REALLY need Clam? :D

spursncowboys
06-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Wait so officers are ok in your book, but enlisted guys who didn't join because of a toby keith song are lesser than you. You are a bitch. 100 percent.

The problem with your reasoning is you are keeping people in the same mindset as a teenager to young 20 something year old. People grow up. Why they came in shouldn't matter. What should matter is how they help train other soldiers when put in that situation. I wonder what people said about you when they say what you do. Also everyone has a choice. That is until they get in and then they don't.

Anyone who chooses a military academy over a ROTC program or OCS should be slapped.

spursncowboys
06-28-2010, 04:59 PM
I can't speak for the majority, but I joined when I was 17 so I could travel, get education and leave the house. I think that everyone who has served in the military has probably made some sort of sacrifice; others more than most. (Ie. infantry guys, guys with family, guys who could make more on the outside, lifers etc etc)

I'm not saying people who stay in the military are all self-less heroes by any means; I recognize that there are very strong incentives to stay in the military (20 year retirement, free health care, etc etc) but I still appreciate those who choose to serve.

And there are good and bad people, both enlisted and officers. You may just like officers better because they tend to be better educated, on average.
I disagree with you alot but this right here is obscene. Come on LnGrrrR, I know the AF can't be that much different than Army.

clambake
06-28-2010, 05:04 PM
you joined because of a toby keith song?

yikes

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 05:06 PM
I disagree with you alot but this right here is obscene. Come on LnGrrrR, I know the AF can't be that much different than Army.

Officers have to have bachelor's degrees, right? On average, they have more education than the enlisted. I didn't say anything about being more intelligent/wise/etc etc.

spursncowboys
06-28-2010, 05:06 PM
you joined because of a toby keith song?

yikes

What song got you to join NAMBLA?

clambake
06-28-2010, 05:08 PM
:lmao you did join because of a toby keith song!

clambake
06-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Officers have to have bachelor's degrees, right? On average, they have more education than the enlisted. I didn't say anything about being more intelligent/wise/etc etc.

enlisted guys who didn't join because of a toby keith song are lesser than you. You are a bitch. 100 percent.

spursncowboys
06-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Like usual, clambake is the one guy who didn't get it. Nice IRA picture by the way.

The Reckoning
06-28-2010, 05:14 PM
Anyone who chooses a military academy over a ROTC program or OCS should be slapped.

so you'd give up an appointment to go into ROTC :rolleyes.

what i was saying is that the majority of people i know who enlisted early did it for practical reasons whereas the people who went to military academies did it because they planned to from the start. (unless their parents forced them, which does happen)

sure, they could become heroes when they see combat, but going in theyre just average kids. ive thought about serving as well because of the benefits - exactly as lngrrrr listed. id much rather get my degree first though, although id be so scared of all the early enlistees calling me a bitch (as i tell them i want sugar in my damn coffee.)

i understand that soldiers have more respect for commanders who worked their way up, and i respect that as well. the fact is, not all early enlistees are able to do so, but it does prove alot to them. so i :toast to them.

clambake
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Like usual, clambake is the one guy who didn't get it. Nice IRA picture by the way.

whats nambla?

spursncowboys
06-28-2010, 05:23 PM
so you'd give up an appointment to go into ROTC :rolleyes.

what i was saying is that the majority of people i know who enlisted early did it for practical reasons whereas the people who went to military academies did it because they planned to from the start. (unless their parents forced them, which does happen)

sure, they could become heroes when they see combat, but going in theyre just average kids. ive thought about serving as well because of the benefits - exactly as lngrrrr listed. id much rather get my degree first though, although id be so scared of all the early enlistees calling me a bitch (as i tell them i want sugar in my damn coffee.)

iyeah I would. West Point doesn't hold the same as it used to. You can get General without coming from one of those places BTW. No parents cannot force kids into a military contract. they can sign for a 17 year old who is too young but 1. the kid has to be willing and 2. this doesn't apply to officers.

I joined with a assoc degree and do online classes for free while active duty. But yeah once you get past the fact that you work from 5am to 5pm most days, deploy for a year, and are on call 24/7, there are some good benefits ( close knit communties for families, tricare). So the families you never see have some good benefits.

ROTC is just the program for kids to go to college and get out officers. THere really, from what officers I talk to tell me, are no stigmas about ROTC programs. OCS is when you already have a degree and you just come into the army as an officer.
FTR- that is one thing officers don't need help with-making their coffee.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Looks like you're showing code pink colors....

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
id much rather get my degree first though, although id be so scared of all the early enlistees calling me a bitch (as i tell them i want sugar in my damn coffee.)

Actually, nowadays if you're not going to school, even as an enlisted, you're probably not getting promoted. They're all about the "Total Person Concept", which involves doing your job, improving yourself through education, and helping out both with base activities and within the community. If you aren't doing all of these, you're hurting your chances for promotion.

It may be different in other services, but educated types aren't usually frowned upon in the AF. (At least, in my personal experience.) Most NCOs in the AF either have their bachelor's or are working their way towards it. (I would've been done by now if not for deployments/TDYs. Grr.)

Edit: Oh, and officers who were former enlisted are usually given more leeway by the enlisted, but as long as you let the enlisted folks do their job, cover their backs when they implement policy that may aggravate others, and generally not go in with a "I'm going to change everything!" attitude, then officers are respected. I've been under academy grads, OTS grads, and former enlisted who became officers, and had both good and bad ones from each category.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2010, 06:26 PM
What he said sounds right to me. I was Army for 11 years, but spent two assignments on Airforce bases.

Remember now, he said educated. Not smarter.

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 06:29 PM
What he said sounds right to me. I was Army for 11 years, but spent two assignments on Airforce bases.

Here's why the AF has the smartest enlisted :lol

There is no doubt at all in my military mind that, of all the Services, the Air Force has the most intelligent enlisted people. This is not just theory, it's provable fact:
Take the Army, for instance. When the stuff hits the fan, the young Army private wakes up from a bellow from the First Sergeant. He grabs a set of BDUs out of his foot locker, gets dressed, runs down to the chow-hall for a breakfast on the run, then jumps in his tank. Pretty soon, the Platoon Commander arrives, gives him a big salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, men."

Now take the Marines. When the stuff hits the fan, the young Marine recruit is kicked out of bed by his First Sergeant, puts on a muddy set of BDUs because he just got back in from the field three hours before. He gets no breakfast, but is told to feel free to chew on his boots. He runs out and forms up with his rifle. Pretty soon, his platoon commander comes out, a young Captain, Gives his Marines a Sharp Salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, Marines!"

Now take the Navy. When the stuff hits the fan, the young Sailor is eating breakfast in the messroom.. He walks 20 feet to his battle station, stuffing extra pastries in his pocket as he goes. There he sits, in the middle of a steel target, with nowhere to run, when the Captain comes on the 1MC and says, "Give 'em Hell, Sailors! I salute you!"

Now the Air Force. When the stuff hits the fan, the Airman receives a phone call in his off-base quarters. He gets up, showers, shaves, and puts on a fresh uniform he had just picked up from the BX cleaners the day before. He jumps in his car, and stops at McDonalds for a McMuffin on his way into work. Once he arrives at work, he signs in on the duty roster and proceeds to his F-16. He spends 30 minutes pre-flighting it, signs off the forms. Pretty soon the Pilot, a young captain gets out and straps into the Plane. He starts the engines. Our Young Airman stands at attention, gives the Captain a sharp salute, and says, "Give 'em Hell, Sir!"

Wild Cobra
06-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Here's why the AF has the smartest enlisted :lol
I won't disagree with that either.

The Airforce and Navy entice the smartest people. It's a simple fact. Still, the major difference for officers in both services is prior college. Officers are just better educated, not necessarily smarter.

ElNono
06-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Considering that the US funded the group behind the 2002 coup on his government, I fully expect Chavez to see the US as a foe, since the US obviously sees him as an enemy also.

I really have a hard time understanding how this is new really...

spursncowboys
06-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Here's why the AF has the smartest enlisted :lolOfficer: "Soldier, do you have change for a dollar?"
Soldier: "Sure, buddy."
Officer: "That's no way to address an officer!
Now let's try it again!"
Officer: "Soldier. Do you have change for a dollar?"
Soldier: "No, SIR!"
looking for a good af joke and this one stuck out and made me laugh.

spursncowboys
06-28-2010, 06:57 PM

Remember now, he said educated. Not smarter.

Right I take educated to be more knowledgeable and not just have a degree. Different interpretation on a common word. I looked it up and we are both right.

Winehole23
06-29-2010, 03:39 AM
F_ACgIGtovI