PDA

View Full Version : US MNT Thread : News, bullshit, and beating up on Mexico

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

FromWayDowntown
07-28-2011, 02:33 PM
n/m

Sense
07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
I actually think Bradley was a good coach... something tells me the US is about to experience what Argentina is experiencing now...

Spurstro
07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
I actually think Bradley was a good coach...

So do I. People hate him, but it's not like he had a whole lot to work with.

Spurstro
07-28-2011, 03:32 PM
There's an announcement coming tomorrow...wouldn't be surprised if they already have a coach lined up.

scott
07-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Jurgen!!!!!!!!!!!

Woke up from a nap and heard the news... Feels like I'm still dreaming.

Spurstro
07-28-2011, 04:15 PM
6 tournaments....4 Finals....he's so terrible

Sense
07-28-2011, 04:18 PM

TBH, the hatred comes from delusional fans who think the US team should be world class.. :wakeup

scott
07-28-2011, 04:38 PM

Actually, it's 5 tournaments and 4 finals... but 3 of those tournaments were the Gold Cup, which is an expectation not an accomplishment.

Bob's squad definitely overachieved in the Confed Cup, beating Spain, but it took an amazing sequence of events for that to happen. If US goes out in the knockout round there (which the US needed Egypt to beat Italy, then make up a combined 6 goal differential in the last games of the knockout stage by the US and Italy... LOL Italy) do people still think Bob is a good coach?

The US has been very bad since the World Cup. They had only won once between the World Cup and Gold Cup and it took a last minute goal against South Africa to do it. They were not at all impressive in the Gold Cup except for the first 25 minutes against Mexico where they looked pretty good before imploding.

Is Bob a terrible coach? No. But he could only take us so far (winning the occassional Gold Cup, advancing to knockout round of World Cup). A new coach and new identity was needed to continue to grow a team and brand that was starting to get stale. And with the country witnessing the success of our Women's team, I think the pressure was building to do SOMETHING to show we want our men to be as competitive.

Obviously a new coach alone isn't going to catapult is into the ELO top 10 and make us an automatic contender in Brazil... but it's the first step. Just look at Mexico's road to becoming the team they are now (and I think they will be better by 2014 and a real legit contender for the WC Title) - it came with finding young talent and putting that talent in the right position to develop and flourish. Meanwhile, Bob Bradley hasn't developed shit, running the same re-treads out over and over (See: Bornstein, Jonathan as prime example).

The most exciting young player we have, Stu Holden was basically completely ignored by Bob until he went to Bolton, led the EPL in tackles and was voted to a handful of Midseason Best XI squads before his injury. We can't sit around and wait for clubs to identify and develop our future for us.

The_Worlds_finest
07-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Joy overwhelming. Bobs success outside of 2007 gold cup, was total blind fuckng luck. I'm stoked again excited about us soccer.

Libri
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Watch it be someone like Sigi Schmid or some other MLS coach.

Libri
07-28-2011, 05:36 PM
Carlo Ancelotti is available, I think.

MannyIsGod
07-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Actually, it's 5 tournaments and 4 finals... but 3 of those tournaments were the Gold Cup, which is an expectation not an accomplishment.

Bob's squad definitely overachieved in the Confed Cup, beating Spain, but it took an amazing sequence of events for that to happen. If US goes out in the knockout round there (which the US needed Egypt to beat Italy, then make up a combined 6 goal differential in the last games of the knockout stage by the US and Italy... LOL Italy) do people still think Bob is a good coach?

The US has been very bad since the World Cup. They had only won once between the World Cup and Gold Cup and it took a last minute goal against South Africa to do it. They were not at all impressive in the Gold Cup except for the first 25 minutes against Mexico where they looked pretty good before imploding.

Is Bob a terrible coach? No. But he could only take us so far (winning the occassional Gold Cup, advancing to knockout round of World Cup). A new coach and new identity was needed to continue to grow a team and brand that was starting to get stale. And with the country witnessing the success of our Women's team, I think the pressure was building to do SOMETHING to show we want our men to be as competitive.

Obviously a new coach alone isn't going to catapult is into the ELO top 10 and make us an automatic contender in Brazil... but it's the first step. Just look at Mexico's road to becoming the team they are now (and I think they will be better by 2014 and a real legit contender for the WC Title) - it came with finding young talent and putting that talent in the right position to develop and flourish. Meanwhile, Bob Bradley hasn't developed shit, running the same re-treads out over and over (See: Bornstein, Jonathan as prime example).

The most exciting young player we have, Stu Holden was basically completely ignored by Bob until he went to Bolton, led the EPL in tackles and was voted to a handful of Midseason Best XI squads before his injury. We can't sit around and wait for clubs to identify and develop our future for us.

Amen Amen Amen Amen.

I'd bet money its going to be Jurgen.

MannyIsGod
07-28-2011, 08:58 PM
@GrantWahl
Grant Wahl
US Soccer insider: "You're not going to be surprised" by identity of new coach.

Has to be Klinsman, right?

Landon Donofag
07-28-2011, 09:18 PM
From Grant Wahl:

Source: Bradley was blindsided by dismissal. His staff was notifying players yesterday of call-ups for USA-Mexico friendly.

Wow that is fucked up. I actually liked bradley. :(

MannyIsGod
07-28-2011, 09:22 PM
brianching Brian Ching
Some days just put a smile on your face.
6 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

CROFL.

Bradley screwed Ching last year.

MannyIsGod
07-28-2011, 09:25 PM
Watch it be someone like Sigi Schmid or some other MLS coach.

No fucking way its an MLS coach.

I think its almost certainly Klinsman but also maybe Lippi.

Libri
07-28-2011, 10:15 PM
@BrentJavan
Brent Latham
People in a position to know telling me that they're pretty sure Klinsmann is the choice. Giving it a pretty high probability.

lefty
07-29-2011, 12:05 AM
@GrantWahl
Grant Wahl
US Soccer insider: "You're not going to be surprised" by identity of new coach.

Has to be Klinsman, right?

Probably

He is only a consultant in Toronto, so I guess he is not really comitted there

Spurstro
07-29-2011, 09:28 AM

it doesn't matter much, but....3 Gold Cups, Copa America, Conf. Cup, and World Cup.

Bob's squad definitely overachieved in the Confed Cup
I think everyone will agree they overachieved, and I think a lot of that has to do because of Bob and not in spite of him.

, beating Spain, but it took an amazing sequence of events for that to happen. If US goes out in the knockout round there (which the US needed Egypt to beat Italy, then make up a combined 6 goal differential in the last games of the knockout stage by the US and Italy... LOL Italy) do people still think Bob is a good coach?
You play 3 games and the 2 teams with the most points go through after that. All 3 of those games/rounds were equally important, so why just focus on the last game/round? The end result it what should matter.

The 2-0 win against Spain in the semi-final was fantastic, and many throughout the world Bob did fantastic tactically that game. After that game, and being up 2-nil at the half in the Final there were many more people saying he was a good coach, rather than a bad one.

The US has been very bad since the World Cup. They had only won once between the World Cup and Gold Cup and it took a last minute goal against South Africa to do it.
He was obviously experiencing with different line-ups a lot of the time, and the South Africa trip was pretty much all youngsters. You can't be worried too much about wins and losses in friendlies when you're trying to figure out what makes your team better for games that matter in the future.

They were not at all impressive in the Gold Cup except for the first 25 minutes against Mexico where they looked pretty good before imploding.
The Gold Cup was terrible for them (other than the first 25 against Mex). It was talked about in the Gold Cup thread, but they didn't know how to take it to the other team properly. They had been so good at letting the other team dictate the tempo, and then we would counter. We were on the other side this time around, and we had trouble....but, we made it to the Final. We were up 2-0. Cherundolo got hurt, Mexico stepped up, Clint hits one off the post, we stand around as Gio danced around the edge of the penalty box. Who knows what would happen if Chandler and Holden were around. It was a great game, and unfortunately things didn't go our way.

They had just re-signed him to another 4-year cycle less than a year ago. I don't see how anything has changed since then.

The women have been competitive for awhile now. More people in the U.S. watched the Womens World Cup when it was here, than this past one so I don't believe the women had anything to do with it.

We agree a new coach isn't going to do it alone. That's why I think Jurgen is going to take over. US Soccer didn't want to give him full control of the program last time around, but I think they will now. US-under 20s sucked this past go around....I don't even think we qualified. Jurgen wants to have more control from the Academy level all the way up to the top. The lace of young talent that has come though can't be blamed on Bob though. I can't see how any national teams coach is able to develop players. They aren't together very long for that to happen. That's all on the players and their clubs to make that happen. One just has to look at the U.S. player's pool and what clubs they are on, compared to other countries, to realize just how little Bob had to work with.

Oh, and yes Bornstein sucked since the World Cup....I agree he messed up there.

The most exciting young player we have, Stu Holden was basically completely ignored by Bob until he went to Bolton, led the EPL in tackles and was voted to a handful of Midseason Best XI squads before his injury. We can't sit around and wait for clubs to identify and develop our future for us.Holden was getting minutes for the U.S. before he got DeJonged....I think there was a very good chance he would have seen significant playing time on the right in the World Cup. I like Holden, but let's see him play a full season at Bolton first.

Spurologist
07-29-2011, 10:29 AM
About time Bradley GTFO. He was a decent coach but USA reached it's tactical and developmental plateau. Hints of nepotism out the door...etc etc....it had to be done.

Klinnsy no?

FromWayDowntown
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
I'd be pleased if Klinsmann is the choice. I still think, though, that changing the top man won't make much difference if MLS continues to be seen as a viable place for players in the national team pool to spend their club seasons. If Klinsmann or anyone else who might succeed Bradley means a change in philosophy in terms of player development -- both at the coaching level and at the federation level -- I think it's a very positive move.

Frankly, I think US Soccer is in desperate need of a de-Americanization for a period of time.

scott
07-29-2011, 11:13 AM
I need a Jürgen T-shirt ASAP. Go ÜSMNT!!!

MannyIsGod
07-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Its official - its Jurgen.

scott
07-29-2011, 11:14 AM
it doesn't matter much, but....3 Gold Cups, Copa America, Conf. Cup, and World Cup.

Sorry, forgot about the Copa!

MannyIsGod
07-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Pretty much a complete acknowledgement they made a mistake by giving Bradley a second contract. Jurgen has a good mindset that US Soccer needs badly which is mainly to revamp the entire system.

cheguevara
07-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Klinsmann is as american as apple pie

scott
07-29-2011, 11:31 AM
On the down side, we'll probably lose 6-0 to Mexico on the 10th, tbh

MannyIsGod
07-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Fuck that friendly. So stupid to schedule it right after the GC.

scott
07-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Ich bin bürnin' for Jürgen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Libri
07-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Sprechen sie Deutch?

Sense
07-29-2011, 12:49 PM
On the down side, we'll probably lose 6-0 to Mexico on the 10th, tbh

I really don't think Mexico's going to win...

watch it be US 2 - 1 Mexico ..

and all the fans saying WE TOLD YOU IT WAS THE COACH. :wakeup

Landon Donofag
07-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Why is everyone in love with Klinsmann? Klinsmann was the worst mistake in Bayern's modern history.
Hummels :(

Hope that he brings a good assistant coach with him. Klinsmann should just stop being a manager, he's shit. He's a more of a motivator than a Manager. If he gets someone like Löw as assistan coach and he does nothing but motivate the players like in 2006, it's not a terrible decision, not a very good one either.

MannyIsGod
07-29-2011, 02:10 PM
I love how because the club disagreed with him and some players had problems even though he was a winning coach he's labeled as a huge mistake in BM's history. Not even close.

MannyIsGod
07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
So, who's in and who's out? Out? Bornstien - THANK GOD. Probably never see another Ricardo Clark cap again. Ream will likely be a fixture in the back 4 now. We'll never see another call up of strikers like Robbie Findley and Robbie Rogers will never see another match either. You're going to see players who are technically good get more call ups and you'll see a far smaller reliance on pure physical attributes like speed. Torres will probably get more looks and it will be VERY interesting to see how he treats Bradley in the middle. I have to think that Mo Edu will actually start to get more run there and players like Sasha, Mix, and Bedoya will be mainstays. I do think players like Buddle and Gomez will have new life this cycle now although it wouldn't surprise me if he went with a youth movement either (BTW Mwanga needs citizenship like yesterday).

ElNono
07-29-2011, 03:02 PM
Should've gone with Maradona, tbh..

Oh wait, he can't even get a visa to the US... :lol

Spurologist
07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Jose Francisco Torres is hosting a big ass party tonight. Somehow Gomez, Findley and Buddle AND BORNSTEIN won't receive invitations

Libri
07-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Should've gone with Maradona, tbh..

Oh wait, he can't even get a visa to the US... :lol

Why is that? Is it because he's regarded as persona non grata?

ElNono
07-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Why is that? Is it because he's regarded as persona non grata?

Supposedly it's because his past drug abuse. Not that he wants to come back here. He's a huge fan of Cuba.

Libri
07-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Supposedly it's because his past drug abuse. Not that he wants to come back here. He's a huge fan of Cuba.

OK, I thought that maybe he had pissed on some US national landmark, a la Ozzy Osbourne and the Alamo.

scott
07-30-2011, 01:47 PM
Good article on players who are likely helped/hurt by Klinsi's arrival as Savior in Chief.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/steve_davis/07/29/us.players.under.klinsmann/index.html

There is one name in there Manny is really going to hate.

Spurologist
07-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Maybe Jurgen will call up Brad Rusin...6'4 defender with some apparent technical skills. He plays in the Norway top flight league. Check out this goal. I wouldn't mind seeing Ream and this guy as our centerbacks if he fits the bill.

PQhuF5Kzdiw

scott
07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Maybe Jurgen will call up Brad Rusin...6'4 defender with some apparent technical skills. He plays in the Norway top flight league. Check out this goal. I wouldn't mind seeing Ream and this guy as our centerbacks if he fits the bill.

PQhuF5Kzdiw

Nice... though I hope to never see our CB make a run like that.

Sense
07-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Nice... though I hope to never see our CB make a run like that.

:lol

scott
08-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Klinsi press conference happening now.

Live stream: http://www.ussoccer.com/Klinsmann-Live-Press-Conference.aspx

scott
08-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Jurgen: "I don't think there is anything wrong with this team. We lost a Gold Cup final to a Mexico team who over the last few years has become one of the top 10 teams in the world."

Hopefully he was just being politically correct...

Most comments so far from Jurgen about Youth programs, he pretty much dodged the question about if he got the control that prevented him from taking job in the past - but Sunil made a comment along the lines of "we didn't do this deal on a handshake" which implies Jurgen got the contract he wanted.

scott
08-01-2011, 09:34 AM
On the style of his team: "Input from the media, college coaches, youth coaches, players are all important."

scott
08-01-2011, 09:35 AM
"Its going to be difficult to field a highly competitive team [against Mexico]"

lefty
08-01-2011, 10:45 AM
Why is everyone in love with Klinsmann? Klinsmann was the worst mistake in Bayern's modern history.
Hummels :(

Hope that he brings a good assistant coach with him. Klinsmann should just stop being a manager, he's shit. He's a more of a motivator than a Manager. If he gets someone like Löw as assistan coach and he does nothing but motivate the players like in 2006, it's not a terrible decision, not a very good one either.
Jurgen is the one who wanted Joachim Low as Germany's head coach, and Low has done a great job

He is also a very good analyst

Spurologist
08-01-2011, 12:58 PM
where can I see the presser?

Sense
08-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Jurgen: "I don't think there is anything wrong with this team. We lost a Gold Cup final to a Mexico team who over the last few years has become one of the top 10 teams in the world."

Hopefully he was just being politically correct...

On what part? the "I don't think there is anything wrong with this team"?

Cuz he's wrong there :P

DPG21920
08-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Great move regardless of how it works out. Bradley was done and the team had reached their ceiling with him. They needed to bring in a coach who was a great player and who could actually teach and garner respect. Hopefully the tight leash that American coaches have had on our boys will be loosened and they begin to learn how to play true soccer.

scott
08-01-2011, 05:54 PM
On what part? the "I don't think there is anything wrong with this team"?

Cuz he's wrong there :P

Yes, that part. You ":P" but I am completely serious.

Sense
08-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Yes, that part. You ":P" but I am completely serious.

I :P to everything tbh :P

The team needs fixing... I think their peek was reached around 07... and certain aspects of it have began to crumble, unless they find young guys ready to step up .. it's going to be a long couple of years for him.. and the fans.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
We have guys capable of stepping up but they just need a better system.

:lmao @ Robbie Rogers in that article. Who wrote it, Robbie's mother? Dude's not getting another NT callup.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2011, 07:18 PM

:lmao @ Robbie Rogers in that article. Who wrote it, Robbie's mother? Dude's not getting another NT callup.

scott
08-02-2011, 08:44 AM

Bet you he get's more callups under Jurgen than Buddle will.

scott
08-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Jonathan Spector, not good enough to play for Bob Bradley in a Gold Cup tournament, just signed a 2-year deal with Birmingham.

Jonathan Bornstein still sits in a Mexican Cantina waiting for Tigres to add him to a game-day 18-man roster.

Muser
08-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Jonathan Spector, not good enough to play for Bob Bradley in a Gold Cup tournament, just signed a 2-year deal with Birmingham.

:hungry:

scott
08-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Muser, not sure how much you know about Spector. I like him, but more as a mid than a defender. He had some success with West Ham playing in the midfield last season.

Libri
08-02-2011, 12:49 PM
@JozyAltidore17
Jozy Altidore
marca.com/2011/08/02/fut… make sure u guys check this vid out of juan pablo angel son Tomy. He better play for the US @Juanpabloangel !! lol

Link to video:
http://www.marca.com/2011/08/02/futbol/futbol_internacional/america/1312275259.html#comentarios

scott
08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Looks like he sucks at finishing, just like his dad.

:)

Libri
08-02-2011, 04:43 PM
That kid is already better than Findley. lol

MannyIsGod
08-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Bet you he get's more callups under Jurgen than Buddle will.

I'll take that bet

MannyIsGod
08-03-2011, 01:35 AM
Can the Galaxy trade father for son please? Anything to get JPA off the field. You know its sad when I pray for the Galaxy to end up with Kenny Cooper.

scott
08-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I'll take that bet

Don't think Jurgen sees much use for a guy with pretty much no shot at being a contributor in Brazil (Buddle). Rodgers doesn't have much of a shot either, but probably moreso than Buddle, only because he is young and could (theoretically) turn things around.

Then again, the relative weakness of both our wings and forwards could give both of these putzes a shot. tbh I think the best wing options we have for depth are wingbacks like Chandler, Spector and Lichaj.

scott
08-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Manny, you really are gonna hate the Jurgen era:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/soccer-insider/post/juergen-klinsmann-takes-helm-of-us-national-soccer-team-for-american-midfielder-robbie-rogers-the-appointment-of-new-coach-stirs-memories/2011/07/29/gIQAED5KiI_blog.html#pagebreak

scott
08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Roster vs. Mexico comes out tomorrow. I predict a bunch of dudes we aren't very familiar with.

Muser
08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Muser, not sure how much you know about Spector. I like him, but more as a mid than a defender. He had some success with West Ham playing in the midfield last season.

With the little depth we have i'm really happy with the signing, especially as it was on a free transfer.

Spurologist
08-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Roster to be released at 1pm on ussoccer today. According to twitter, Adu, Bill Hamid and Chandler have already been leaked and are to be on the roster.

scott
08-04-2011, 11:06 AM
I predict Manny will be rather unhappy with this roster.

Hoping we see the name Danny Williams. Basically the LB version of Chandler from reports. Don't know if he has his passport though (another German born to a US serviceman)

Spurologist
08-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Jurgen is perfectly suited to nag all potential German American footballers....namely Fabian Hürzeler, Daniel Williams and Fabian Johnson

Spurologist
08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Roster released.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2011/08/Klinsmann-Calls-In-22-Players-to-Face-Mexico-on-Aug-10-in-Philadelphia.aspx

GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C.United), Tim Howard (Everton)

DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), José Torres (Pachuca)

FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

IronMaxipad
08-04-2011, 12:01 PM
GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C.United), Tim Howard (Everton)
DEFENDERS (8): Carlos Bocanegra (Saint-Etienne), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Eintracht Frankfurt), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), José Torres (Pachuca)
FORWARDS (5): Freddy Adu (Benfica), Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Edson Buddle (FC Ingolstadt), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

edit: beattt

Libri
08-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Beasley??

Spurologist
08-04-2011, 12:16 PM
The Bornstein era is DONE!

No Dempsey or Jozy probably because of club commitments or concerns.

I love all the new additions though. It looks like Castillo/Pearce/maybe Orozco will compete for the left back spot for now. Shea and Beckerman are completely deserving because of their form. Good to see Clark and Beasley back. Clark will be phased out when Holden gets completely healthy. Jose Torres was predictable for me.

scott
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Happy to see Castillo get a call up. Don't know who Orozco Fiscal is, which makes me happy.
I'm immediately down 1-0 to Robbie Rodgers vs. Edson Buddle - doh! Interesting to see Adu and Donovan listed as forwards. Interesting to see Beasley and Clark on the roster period.

I'm hoping we'll see Holden on Sept. 6 vs. Belgium.

Spurstro
08-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Happy to see Castillo get a call up. Don't know who Orozco Fiscal is, which makes me happy.
I'm immediately down 1-0 to Robbie Rodgers vs. Edson Buddle - doh! Interesting to see Adu and Donovan listed as forwards. Interesting to see Beasley and Clark on the roster period.

I'm hoping we'll see Holden on Sept. 6 vs. Belgium.

Orozco used to just be Orozco and not Orozco Fiscal...he played in the Olympics a few years back....I believe he got a red in the first 5 minutes of a game.

Holden just started training again...don't think he'll be ready in a month.

Spurologist
08-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I just noticed that all the jews didn't make that roster...Bornstein, Feilhaber and Spector.

Heil Klinsmann!

Spurstro
08-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Lol

Sense
08-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Chandler hurt ?

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/08/04/american-exports-chandler-picks-knee-injury

MannyIsGod
08-05-2011, 03:08 AM
Buddle!

MannyIsGod
08-06-2011, 01:53 PM
So Chandler is too hurt to play for the US but he can play 90 minutes for his club? Shit is bullshit. Big time bullshit.

scott
08-07-2011, 08:10 AM
I don't think it's bullshit, I think USSF just offered a shitty explanation. Chandler is fighting for a full-time starting spot with Nuerenburg, which is more important than playing in an August friendly versus Mexico. I think Timmy, the club and Juergen all probably agreed it wasn't the best time for a cross-atlantic trip for Timmy with the season just underway while his role isn't fully established (reports are the Timmy was one of the few players Juergen was unable to talk too before announcing the squad).

Now, if Timmy isn't capped against Belgium, it's time to fire up the conspiracy machine.

scott
08-07-2011, 02:19 PM
And we have a tie game!!!

Robbie Rogers Added to U.S. Roster for Match Against Mexico on Aug. 10 in Philadelphia (http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-National-Team/2011/08/Robbie-Rogers-Added-to-US-Roster-for-Match-Against-Mexico.aspx)

MannyIsGod
08-07-2011, 07:29 PM
LOL

God damn it.

MannyIsGod
08-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Great start for Jozy's dutch career

IflNR2R-k2A

scott
08-07-2011, 08:06 PM
What's funny about that goal is you can see the moment in his head where he is thinking "Ugh, do I really want to exert the energy required to make this run?"

Spurologist
08-07-2011, 10:43 PM
So Chandler is too hurt to play for the US but he can play 90 minutes for his club? Shit is bullshit. Big time bullshit.

Hopefully this makes you feel better. Chandler is just worried about his club situation. He has pretty given his word.

http://www.usfutblog.com/2011-articles/july/timothy-chandler-does-not-want-to-play-for-germany.html

MannyIsGod
08-07-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't think he's going to go to Germany, but the whole he's hurt thing followed by 90 minutes for his club was just bullshit. Its annoying as hell.

BTW I think I posted that article before. :lol

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Seeing reports that Adu might be headed to Chivas USA as a DP. If that happens it might be good for both him and Braun.

scott
08-10-2011, 04:32 PM
My prediction:

The Bürnin' Jürgen Freddy Adü's 8, Mexico Nil.

Ocho a cero!!!

Sense
08-10-2011, 06:06 PM
I actually predict the US winning this one... 2-1 or 2-0.

btw that prediction just made me wonder about the number of numbers you can type in spanish scott :lol

scott
08-10-2011, 06:11 PM
!muchos poquitos!

scott
08-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Did Rafa get called up for Mexico?

If he doesn't get sent off then he isn't deserving of the FIFA cover, thqh

Sense
08-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Yes, he did.... on paper our defense should be fine, but you never know...

I'm worried our attacking though, not sure if Dos Santos can deliver... or Zinha.. not having Chicharito up front or De Nigris could end up being the difference maker... We'll see what the coaches end up doing, it seems chepo wants to give some playing time to some new guys up front, see if they can help if we end up missing Chicharito or De Nigris at other point in time.

Bob Bradley
08-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Dos a Cero :cry :cry :cry :cry

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 06:49 PM
I don't even care if we win, TBH. We won last week. :lol

I just want to see whats they're going to roll out as a lineup and how people play.

scott
08-10-2011, 07:09 PM
USA lineup: Howard; Cherundolo, Orozco Fiscal, Bocanegra, Castillo; Jones, Beckerman; Donovan, Bradley, Torres; Buddle

scott
08-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Boca Boca still sporting the captain armband

scott
08-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Messico: (5-4-1): Ochoa; Torrado, Salcido, Marquez (c), Moreno, Juarez; Barrera, Castro, Naelson, Guardado; Peralta

scott
08-10-2011, 07:13 PM
USA bench: Hamid, Loyd, Pearce, Clark, Rogers, Shea, Agudelo. Not on bench: Adu, Ream, Beasley.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
US soccer account just tweeted its a 4-2-3-1 so then it must look like this

Dolo-Fiscal-Boca-Castillo

---Jones-Beckerman---
---------Bradley----------
Landon---------Torres
----------BUDDLE----------

IronMaxipad
08-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Messico: (5-4-1): Ochoa; Torrado, Salcido, Marquez (c), Moreno, Juarez; Barrera, Castro, Naelson, Guardado; Peralta

Well, Mexico ain't scoring any goals with that lineup.

P:lolralta
Z:lolnha

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Wonder whats up with Adu not on bench.

IronMexican
08-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Touchdown!

Libri
08-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Well, Mexico ain't scoring any goals with that lineup.

P:lolralta
Z:lolnha

I was expecting Arellano instead of Peralta.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm about 20 mins from home. Very very excited for this match.

IronMaxipad
08-10-2011, 07:35 PM
I was expecting Arellano instead of Peralta.

Same. I was actually happy Arellano got called up. but Peralta is terrible.

And Chepo's love affair with Sinha.. wtf. :lol
Thank god he got suspended during the Gold cup or else Gio would've been on the bench.

Sense
08-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah tbh I was also pissed that he called up De Nigris, but he was a nice surprise... however, it was just the Gold Cup... I don't think he'll keep doing what he did... but yeah we ain't scoring shit.

symple19
08-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Add me to those who are looking forward to this

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 08:11 PM
WTF is ESPN2 doing by showing little baseball

Bob Bradley
08-10-2011, 08:14 PM

It's starting on ESPNNEWS

symple19
08-10-2011, 08:14 PM

really

symple19
08-10-2011, 08:15 PM
oh, it goes to ESPN2 once the kiddies are done?

Bob Bradley
08-10-2011, 08:31 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao Oribe Peralta

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm getting kind of sick of Mexico making sick goals against us.

symple19
08-10-2011, 08:34 PM
fuck

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Not impressed at all with Castillo so far.

symple19
08-10-2011, 08:43 PM
wtf....

shoulda been a card on dolo. what a dumbass

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Not impressed at all with Castillo so far.

I feel the opposite. He's extremely nervous but I like what he provides. He is working hard...he'll settle in.

US needs more support for Buddle. Buddle is not an international player. We miss Jozy and Dempsey badly.

Not really much Buddle can do tbh. He doesn't really have a true center attacking midfielder. Bradley is not comfortable in that role....he constantly tracked back to help and there was nobody up front to create link up play.

Klinsmann really doesn't give a shit about this game. His first half experiment has failed

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:05 PM
US looks pretty lost which is to be expected. I've enjoyed Torres so far and some of the individual play but they have no rhythm.

At some point I'd like the US to get a damn shot - much less once on goal.

symple19
08-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Klinsmann really doesn't give a shit about this game. His first half experiment has failed

this

Buddle is fucking worthless and Bradley should never be in anything other than a defensive midfield role

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah its odd to me to see MB in that role and not Donovan or Adu. I expect to see Landon slide over to that spot in the 2nd half.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:11 PM
Yeah Buddle is worthless because the mids can't keep any possesion and build an attack. Fucking Buddle1

IronMexican
08-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Someone needs to get a red card so Buddle can come in.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Rofl

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 09:23 PM
I really can't blame Buddle. He's stuck on an island and has a totally defensive minded CAM Bradley to get him the ball

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Someone needs to get a red card so Buddle can come in.

http://massmultiverse.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/not_sure_if_serious.jpg

symple19
08-10-2011, 09:28 PM
castillo with a lazy ball, then stands around and watches as the US gets dispossessed.

I really hope Klinsman can teach the US to move without the ball. They need angles and movement, something I've always thought the US lags behind the soccer powers of the world in

ALVAREZ6
08-10-2011, 09:29 PM
castillo with a lazy ball, then stands around and watches as the US gets dispossessed.

I really hope Klinsman can teach the US to move without the ball. They need angles and movement, something I've always thought the US lags behind the soccer powers of the world in

Jyes you are right.

IronMexican
08-10-2011, 09:30 PM
http://massmultiverse.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/not_sure_if_serious.jpg

You forgot already? That was the highlight of the world cup thread.

symple19
08-10-2011, 09:31 PM
I really can't blame Buddle. He's stuck on an island and has a totally defensive minded CAM Bradley to get him the ball

My problem with Buddle is that he's just not creative enough to play in that role. I won't argue that he doesn't have any help, he doesn't, but he has to find ways to make an impact none the less. Maybe some diagonal runs, maybe some extra pressure on the mexican defense, maybe even dropping back farther to make himself available.

Dude is standing around too much

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 09:33 PM

got it. remember now....too tense about this game.

I need a drink

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I'll agree that at this level I don't want to see Buddle alone up top.

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Great activity from Shea and Agudelo. :tu

I like Klinsy's move to put Torres at CAM

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Rofl robbie rogers fucking scores.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Man, I love love love Shea.

Spurologist
GOOOALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rodgers of all people

symple19
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Robbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice assist by shea

MannyIsGod
LOL FU Scott - *I* would have scored that fucking goal

scott
08-10-2011, 09:47 PM
ROOOOOOOOBBIE ROGGGGEERRS **CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP**

crofl buddle

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
LOL I was so happy when I saw the ball across the goal then I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when I saw who it was to put it in.

symple19
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
LOL FU Scott - *I* would have scored that fucking goal

tell that to Clint ^

Agreed that Torres has made a big difference at CAM

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:49 PM
LMAO man such bullshit. I'm cracking up.

IronMexican
08-10-2011, 09:49 PM
I figured this game would be pretty boring and uneventful, but I never imagined this boring and uneventful. Mexico hasn't had many opportunities, if any. Even on their goal, this was super luck :lol

symple19
08-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Ball should be at the spot

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Ian Darke is a gem.....Harkes is fucking garbage

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Ian Darke is a gem.....Harkes is fucking garbage

Ramos knows like 3 words in English but he's so much better.

symple19
08-10-2011, 09:54 PM
'Arrogant prick' always comes to mind when Harkes is calling a game

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Brek brek brek brek brek

symple19
08-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Ramos knows like 3 words in English but he's so much better.

eh, eh, eh, jyes

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Quite frankly the idea of having attacking MF/Withdrawn F combos of Dempsy, Shea, Landon, Torres, and Adu is quite exciting in this system.

symple19
08-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Red

symple19
wtf, gmafb

MannyIsGod
'Arrogant prick' always comes to mind when Harkes is calling a game

He's fucking terrible and I honestly know of NO one that likes him. I'd much rather have Julie Foudy with Ian as they have good chemistry.

Libri
Should be a red on Torrado.

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Bullshit call.....fuck you ref

denying 2 penaties and not giving a red there

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 09:59 PM
LOL Ref. How is that not red?

BTW great run by Robbie and great ball from Juan.

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 10:00 PM
damn rodgers looks hurt too

symple19
08-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Bull fucking shit, that should have been red. Horrible

add in the no-call on Donovan and that's two the ref has blown

scott
08-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Isn't that the definition of a red? Wow.

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Orozco has been brilliant

weebo
08-10-2011, 10:03 PM
does it really matter? when it comes to soccer/futbol the US can't and won't ever win shit

symple19
08-10-2011, 10:03 PM
these glimpses of great play the US is showing really gets me fired up and excited for the future

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 10:06 PM
the ref calls the game with 30 seconds left????

this really pisses me off

scott
08-10-2011, 10:06 PM
America Wins World Cup, 1-1!!!

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Man the Mexican league players that Jurgen called in did not dissapoint with the exception of Castillo's first half. I DO think that was mostly nerves though.

Brek man, fucking love that kid. Can't wait for the 2 friendlies next month.

Also, Beckerman has to get more looks too. He made Jones look flat out bad.

Jurgen era is off to a good start!

scott
08-10-2011, 10:08 PM
How about Robbie Rogers drawing Red Cards (that for some reason aren't given)? HOW ABOUT THAT MANNY?!?!

symple19
08-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Definitely happy with a draw here.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 10:10 PM
How about Robbie Rogers drawing Red Cards (that for some reason aren't given)? HOW ABOUT THAT MANNY?!?!

LOL Robbie's runs were definitely quality tonight. Benefited from having the AMAZING BREK SHEA on the field but as you pointed out - he didn't Wondo that shit.

Well done, Robbie!!!

NASpurs
08-10-2011, 10:14 PM
:lmao

"Brought to you by Taco Bell"

http://i.imgur.com/tACC5.jpg

Sense
08-10-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm impressed with Shea... he looks like your best striker already... Rogers tbh, got lucky with the both chances he had.. Torrado is awful... I was expecting a red card, the ref was horrible throughout the night.

Sense
08-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I also have to rant... WTF IS HOBBIT DOING IN THERE?!

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
Jurgen makes me want to squeeze his cheeks. His enthusiasm is palpable and I LOVE it.

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Notes:

-Jurgen has smiled more this game than Bradley's entire tenure as coach. It's good to see someone different at the touchline. His subs were on point too. Bradley reached his peak and did what he could.
-Beckerman was solid but will most likely be replaced by Holden in the future....OR Jones if he doesn't get his shit together
-Agudelo/Jozy up top will be very dangerous if Klinsy wants to have 2 strikers up top. Buddle just isn't international material
-Brek has surpassed all my expectations and he showed why Manchester United called him up for a trial
-Jose Torres @ CAM is unreal. He will dominate that CONCACAF. Castillo was beyond nervous. He settled in but some of his touches were a little off....solid job Dos Santos. He can actually use his speed unlike Bornstein. When he gets more comfortable, he will be blazing up the field with Chandler on the right wing.
-Torres and Orozco/Boca were my players of the game....extremely solid
-Harkes needs to be stopped immediately. ESPN should consider anyone else. ANYONE ELSE...........except Wynalda.

symple19
08-10-2011, 10:24 PM
His enthusiasm is palpable and I LOVE it.

couldn't agree more. Arena and Bradley were both stonefaced all the time.

Haven't seen this much emotion from a US manager since Bora

symple19
08-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Notes:

-Jurgen has smiled more this game than Bradley's entire tenure as coach. It's good to see someone different at the touchline. His subs were on point too. Bradley reached his peak and did what he could.
-Beckerman was solid but will most likely be replaced by Holden in the future....OR Jones if he doesn't get his shit together
-Agudelo/Jozy up top will be very dangerous if Klinsy wants to have 2 strikers up top. Buddle just isn't international material
-Brek has surpassed all my expectations and he showed why Manchester United called him up for a trial
-Jose Torres @ CAM is unreal. He will dominate that CONCACAF. Castillo was beyond nervous. He settled in but some of his touches were a little off....solid job Dos Santos. He can actually use his speed unlike Bornstein. When he gets more comfortable, he will be blazing up the field with Chandler on the right wing.
-Torres and Orozco/Boca were my players of the game....extremely solid
-Harkes needs to be stopped immediately. ESPN should consider anyone else. ANYONE ELSE...........except Wynalda.

I mostly agree with these points, but definitely want to see Freddy worked into the equation in the future

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Harkes needs to go.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 10:33 PM
Also I really get tired of people saying the USMNT talent pool is weak. Look at what was on display tonight and how many of those players had no chance to play during Bradley's era. That fucker MADE the pool shallow.

Spurologist
08-10-2011, 10:34 PM
America Wins World Cup, 1-1!!!

:lmao

When the NY Red Bulls won the Emirates Cup by tying Arsenal 1-1, I immediately thought of US-England and Spurstalk

Girasuck
08-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Watching that match makes me hate Bob Bradley even more.

I really hope Beckerman gets another look. He's nothing but solid in everything he does. He's been that way for years now.

Libri
08-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Notes:

-Jurgen has smiled more this game than Bradley's entire tenure as coach.

Bradley smiled?

scott
08-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Allow me to be a little negative for a moment.

Buddle... horrible.

Agudelo, I'm really sick of watching you try too hard to go 1-on-1 and dribble into 3 guys and lose possession. Teamwork, kiddo.

Okay that's about it other than I don't like how passive we were for the first 35 minutes or so.

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 11:47 PM
LOL

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/KLINSMANNTANZ.gif.pagespeed.ce.8ysJTTkb-M.gif

MannyIsGod
08-10-2011, 11:49 PM
Buddle wasn't horrible. That shit wasn't his fault at all. Haters!

Juan did piss me off taking too many touches though. Sometimes you should just pass or shoot. He's young though - that will come.

scott
08-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Buddle wasn't horrible. That shit wasn't his fault at all. Haters!

Here is what Steve Davis (Sports Illustrated) had to say about Buddle tonight in his player ratings:

F, Edson Buddle, 3 -- Count him among the men for whom this was more or less an audition. Only, he didn't seem to get it. Klinsmann isn't just looking for technical ability; he's looking for desire and willingness to find a way. So Buddle, a lone striker, needed to fight more for balls nearby, maybe shake something loose off a turnover. He needed to make that extra run. Yes, he was stranded as that lone forward, with no natural connection to Jones, Torres or Donovan. Still, that's all the more reason to bust his butt every time a ball did come near.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/steve_davis/08/11/usa-mexico/index.html#ixzz1Uh1iGjTh

scott
08-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Okay, I've watched the sequence that led to Rogers goal a bunch of times... how was Agudelo not called offsides on the throw in? Was there a Mexican player on the far side of the field keeping him on? I'm just not getting it.

IronMaxipad
08-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Okay, I've watched the sequence that led to Rogers goal a bunch of times... how was Agudelo not called offsides on the throw in? Was there a Mexican player on the far side of the field keeping him on? I'm just not getting it.

You can't be called for offsides from a throw in.. lol

scott
08-11-2011, 12:02 AM
You can't be called for offsides from a throw in.. lol

facepalm... had a brainfart there and was thinking freekick for some reason...

MannyIsGod
08-11-2011, 12:35 AM

Facepalm x 1098409283209

Can't be OS on a throw or GK.

Phenomanul
08-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Facepalm x 1098409283209

Can't be OS on a throw or GK.

GK as in a Goal Kick?

No offsides during throw-ins...
No offisdes in your half of the field...
No offsides during corner kicks (for obvious reasons)...

Offsides are called on players during goal kicks if they are on the opposing half of the field in an offsides position...

and

Offsides are also called during free kicks...

symple19
08-11-2011, 10:49 AM
F, Edson Buddle, 3 -- Count him among the men for whom this was more or less an audition. Only, he didn't seem to get it. Klinsmann isn't just looking for technical ability; he's looking for desire and willingness to find a way. So Buddle, a lone striker, needed to fight more for balls nearby, maybe shake something loose off a turnover. He needed to make that extra run. Yes, he was stranded as that lone forward, with no natural connection to Jones, Torres or Donovan. Still, that's all the more reason to bust his butt every time a ball did come near.

this is roughly what I said during the match. Spot on

ElNono
08-11-2011, 10:55 AM
GK as in a Goal Kick?

No offsides during throw-ins...
No offisdes in your half of the field...
No offsides during corner kicks (for obvious reasons)...

Offsides are called on players during goal kicks if they are on the opposing half of the field in an offsides position...

and

Offsides are also called during free kicks...

this.

Offsides are only valid on the opponent's pitch, no matter where the pass came from (GK, FK, regular in game play, etc). If a player is on it's own side when the pass is made, he's never offside.

MannyIsGod
08-11-2011, 01:15 PM
99% sure that you're never OS during a GK and the half does not matter.

scott
08-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Freddy signs with Philadelphia. I guess Chivas isn't interested in improving their squad, ever.

MannyIsGod
08-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Chivas is actually playing fairly well this season and I don't understand them passing on Adu. Great news for the Union, IMO. Mawanga + Adu is a good combo up front.

Libri
08-12-2011, 12:11 AM
I think the US players will have more fun playing under Klinsman. Bradley was a sargent.

Spurologist
08-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Rangamerica!

Rangers have signed Bedoya and Bocanegra. It looks like both will be able to play in the Europa league along with Edu.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/08/bocanegra-joins-rangers.html

Spurologist
08-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Bornstein --> Castillo --> Fabian Johnson

Another German - US international playing in the Bundesliga. Would be another upgrade at LB or attacking midfielder. This is just what I expected when Klinsi got the reigns. Holla at a playa when you see him on the street.

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=8134

MannyIsGod
08-23-2011, 02:18 AM
Jozy had a brace this weekend. Looking good so far!

scott
08-23-2011, 07:29 PM
So the end of times may have arrived... Earthquakes on the east coast and in CO today... and Robbie Findley scored in the Carling Cup.

(Lichaj also scored for Aston Villa in the cup today)

MannyIsGod
08-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Findlay scoring explains the quake. Jesus was so surprised he must have dropped something.

scott
08-24-2011, 12:34 PM
10 days away from the Costa Rica game, so time to start speculating on call ups.

Apparently Rangers have made a comment that Edu, Boca and Bedoya are all being called up.

Ives has his predictions here: http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/08/who-should-the-usmnt-call-up-for-september-friendlies.html

I lol'ed at this in the comments section: "I've been informed that Timmy Chandler is expecting to be injured/fatigued/busy for the September friendlies."

Here is my prediction (I'll stick with 23):

G: Howard, Guzan, Yelldell
D: BocaBoca, Cherundolo, Goodson, Chandler, Lichaj, Orozco, Danny Williams, Omar Gonzalez
M: Lando, Deuce, Junior, Edu, Jones, Bedoya, Brek, DMB, Beckerman
F: Jozy, Agudelo, Herc

scott
08-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Robbie Rogers v. Edson Buddle to stay in a 1-1 deadlock until January

MannyIsGod
08-24-2011, 10:44 PM
I agree with your 23, actually. Maybe George John over someone at Def though.

scott
08-25-2011, 07:31 AM
I left out John because as we saw with the last friendly, Jurgen is aware of sensitivity with a player just having joined a new club and supposedly John's transfer to EPL is almost done. I do want to see him in camp soon though esp since he is also eligible for Greece.

If the do call in John I'd sub him out for Williams, who was my long shot pick.

Spurologist
08-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm not expecting but I hope Fabian Johnson gets a call up. I think Sasha and Mix might get a run.

Scott, you think Torres will be left out?

scott
08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
In normal circumstances I would have picked Torres over Bedoya but with the reports already out that Bedoya is getting called up I went that route.

Actually I'd pick Torres over DMB and Beckerman also but DMB has shown good form of late in Mexico and I think Klinsi wants SOME vet presence... and Jurgen raved about Beckerman after the Mexico friendly so I picked him. If they go with 25-26 guys into camp I'd add Torres first then Robbie Rogers and maybe another striker option like Buddle or Corona before he totally goes to Mexico (apparently he's already decided on Mexico, maybe we can change his mind).

I would love to see Fabian get called up too... I just don't know how on the radar he is.

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Roster is out and its craaaaaaaazy.

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Definitely not crazy - actually. The intial USMNT tweet was all kinds of fucked up. I saw Forwards and then the name Johnson and no Agudelo, Jozy or Landon and was like WTF EDDIE JOHNSON.

DEFENDERS (9):Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael
Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
MIDFIELDERS (9):Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca)
FORWARDS (4):Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

No Bradley. Guess Jr better find a fucking team quick.

scott
08-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Interesting to not see Bradley there, but all of the players selected have been getting regular starts for their club, so it's an obvious message that he wants in-form players getting regular action. Here is Jurgen's quote on the exclusion of Junior, Germany Jones and Ricardo Clark:

“All three of these players are trying to sort out their club situations, and the deadline for transfers is a week away. They have also not been playing matches, so for these reasons we decided to select different players for this roster.”

Glad to see Fabian Johnson on the squad. Interesting to see him listed as a mid though (although I believe that is his natural position - we want to assume him as a LB option just because he CAN play LB). Also, Chandler better not have any excuses this time.

Only head scratcher to me is Bunbury since he has not been in great form.

And before I forget...

Robbie Rogers 2, Edson Buddle 1

scott
08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
And of that squad, here is my guess at a best Starting XI

4-2-3-1:

-------------Howard-------------
--Dolo--Goodson--Boca--Orozco
------Edu--------Beckerman-----
-----Lando--Torres---Deuce-----
--------------Jozy----------------

I'd like to see Brek get the start, but don't know who he pushes out unless Landon starts at striker or we go 4-4-2 with Landon and Jozy then a MF of Deuce-Edu-Torres-Brek.

Would be nice to see Chandler start as well, but how can you bump Dolo from RB? He's been our best defender all year.

I'm guessing the Costa Rica game will see a stranger starting XI then our top XI for Belgium since that is the bigger test. I think Belgium is an up-and-coming team that will do well next year in the Euros

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 03:57 PM
So, the defenders look fine. I still wonder why Pearce gets called up and not Omar Gonzales (or Loyd and not Franklin for that matter) but overall its good.

MF looks good (FU Scott)

Forwards look good but Bunbury over Gomez my biggest gripe on the roster. Herculez is in form like a mfer while Bunbury has been mediocre all season.

scott
08-25-2011, 04:02 PM
I got Orozco and Castillo mixed up... in which case... that changes the backline options.

I don't want to see Castillo start at LB again, but Goodson-Boca is our best central defense combo. So we can kick Boca to LB and move Orozco inside, or maybe replace Orozco in my lineup with Zach Lloyd? Eeeeeh...

scott
08-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Manny, tbh maybe Omar and Franklin just suck dick? Ever thought of that? There are other teams besides the Galaxy, Man City and whatever Russian team bandwagon you are going to join as soon as you figure out who has the most money.

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 04:38 PM
If I had to guess on starting 11 I would actually see it like this

-----------Howard----------
-Dolo-Fiscal-Boca-Chandler-
--------Beckerman---------
Rogers--------------Shea--
----------Landon----------
------Dempsy-------------
--------------Jozy--------

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Manny, tbh maybe Omar and Franklin just suck dick? Ever thought of that? There are other teams besides the Galaxy, Man City and whatever Russian team bandwagon you are going to join as soon as you figure out who has the most money.

Omar is the best CB in the MLS. Heath Pearce can't hold his jock. Franklin is the best RB in the league too and he's good enough to play mid as well. Watch a replay of the Dallas/LA game from a few weeks ago. Franklin destroyed Shea and I LOVE Brek Shea. There's a reason the Galaxy have the best D in the MLS.

scott
08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
And amazingly... neither of them have ever gotten a serious look from Bradley or Jurgen. Certainly Jurgen has seen a lot of their games.

We'll see.

Also, I don't think Chandler is a LB option.

scott
08-25-2011, 05:02 PM
And amazingly... neither of them have ever gotten a serious look from Bradley or Jurgen. Certainly Jurgen has seen a lot of their games.

We'll see.

Spurologist
08-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Definitely not crazy - actually. The intial USMNT tweet was all kinds of fucked up. I saw Forwards and then the name Johnson and no Agudelo, Jozy or Landon and was like WTF EDDIE JOHNSON.

DEFENDERS (9):Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club America), Timmy Chandler (FC Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Zach Loyd (FC Dallas), Michael
Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Heath Pearce (Chivas USA), Tim Ream (New York Red Bulls)
MIDFIELDERS (9):Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Sacha Kljestan (Anderlecht), Jeff Larentowicz (Colorado Rapids), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca)
FORWARDS (4):Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy)

No Bradley. Guess Jr better find a fucking team quick.

Klinsi pulls off more surprises. I like his exclusion of Jones, Bradley and Clark. How does Bedoya feel right about now. No one is talking about him. There were reports out of Rangers that Edu, Boca, and Bedoya will all make the US squad but Alejandro is the only one left off. OUCH.

Really excited about Fabian Johnson. I think he'll get a good run out there. I wouldn't even be surprised if he starts but the most likely event happening is him replacing Shea or whoever starts at left mid. The fact that Klinsi has him in midfield lets me think that it's Castillo's LB job to lose. Lloyd/Pearce are LB options too. The microscope on him just got bigger. My prediction is Johnson will replace Castillo even as early as the Belgian friendly.

Klinsi's pick IMO really boils down to club situations (Jones, Clark, John, Bradley, Lichaj is fighting for starting spot at Villa) and his pet players who can play his style (Rodgers, Bunbury, Ream). Pearce/Lloyd are simply experimental and to create competition for Castillo. It's a little concerning to me that Mixx hasn't been called but I think Sasha has played better and Larentowicz was chosen over him because Klinsi wants an extra DM with Bradley/Jones/Clark out. Now to Franklin. He's played well but I don't think he's Klinsi's type of player. His touch is suspect. The same goes for Bornstein, Findley, Wynne (extremely underrated in MLS IMO). Got me on Gonzalez...maybe Klinsi just doesn't like him. He should consider European offers next year if he's serious about US callups.

Looks like Joe Corona is lost after Mexico called him up for Mexico's U23 squad. The move still doesn't cap tie him to Mexico but his interview to ESPN Deportes was pretty telling.

Corona looks to be Mexico international (http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nota/_/id/1363698/llega-joe-corona-al-tri-sub-22?campaign=rss&source=ESPNdeportesSECTION.LOSANGELESCITYSITE&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

My Spanish sucks but it sounds like his mind is made up. If he becomes great, the fire Klinsmann chants won't stop. I still cringe when I see Rossi tearing up La Liga.

Also, George John was in Greece getting his Greek ID that allows him to get automatic work permit for the Blackburn move. He had to be diplomatic about dispelling reports that he will only play for the US team. His agent is quoted as saying, ""George is extremely attracted to playing in Greece; he has a very serious interest in it,» Philipakos confirmed."

George John to Greece? (http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_articles_wsite5_1_23/08/2011_403260)

Just something to watch out for.

Really excited for the US vs. Costa Rica friendly.

scott
08-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Hopefully Holden doesn't take too long to get healthy and back to form. While not the end of the world, these early times in the Jurgen era are formative. Then again, an in-form Holden might actually be our best player so maybe it's not a big deal.

Good analysis Spurologist

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 07:02 PM

We'll see.

You're right about Chandler.

As far as Jurgen not calling up either of those two I'm pretty sure you can't read very much into it. I'm 95% sure Omar will get plenty of shots in this cycle and I think Franklin will get looks as well but he's the lower prospect of the two.

If you want to throw your hat in with Bradley's judgement in the back let me just throw one name at you so that you remember how great his judgement was. Bornstien.

Its pretty hard to argue about Omar being the best MLS CB right now. He's an excellent defender, he's improved a tremendous amount on the ball this season, and he's probably the best target on set pieces in the MLS as well. The reason so many Galaxy players have scored on headers this season is a combination of Gonzo in the box and of course Beck's great service. If Omar played for FC Dallas and not the Galaxy I promise you it would not be George John being sold to the EPL right now. For the Galaxy he's probably worth more as a player than for as a transfer fee.

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Franklin definitely doesn't have an amazing touch but he's so damn fast, has great defense, so its odd to me. Its not THAT big of a deal with him because we have Chandler, Churundolo and Lichaj back there on the right but I'd rather see Franklin in a RMF spot than Rogers and with the players that he called up I do think Rogers is the best option to start on the wing.

I think once Holden gets back you will likely see a middle triangle with Holden up front and 2 holding/defensive mids. Beckerman, Edu, Jones, and Bradley give you good options for those 2 spots.

I think - and I really hope this is correct - but that Jurgen is going to play Demps and Donovan in a central role more as withdrawn strikers than out on the wing. Landon does not belong on the god damn sides and its aggrevating to see both Arena and Bradley try to pigeonhole not only he but Dempsy on the opposite side there. Give those guys freedom around the center of the pitch and you'll see great things.

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Oh man - I didn't even think about it but Chandler's probably more of an option to start at RMF than Rogers.

Spurologist
08-25-2011, 08:22 PM
If Klinsi wants an all out attack, he'll go with a 4-3-3. I'd love to see it.

--Dempsey--------Altidore-----------Donovan
--Shea-------------Edu-------------Chandler
--Johnson--Boca--Orozco/Goodson--Cherundolo

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I think a 4-3-3 is a serious possibility.

Omar just showed why Jurgen should give him a call, btw.

Spurologist
08-25-2011, 10:01 PM

was waiting for the Omar post....great goal...dude is physical

MannyIsGod
08-25-2011, 10:05 PM
:lol You knew shit was coming once he put it in the net like that. That was a man's goal. I know Scott thinks I just want these players called up because they're Galaxy players but anyone who watches the games knows that they are deserving; especially Omar.

The Galaxy are fucking stacked. A little less depth now that Berhalter just broke his foot but they really should run the table on the supporters shield and MLS cup. They def have the best shot out of American teams for the CCL.

scott
08-25-2011, 10:06 PM
Any retard can score goals when you have Beckham feeding you. See: Buddle, Edson

Libri
08-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Barrett scores

LA 2
LDA 0

The_Worlds_finest
08-25-2011, 11:01 PM
If we lose Joe Corona that would suck! He is badass! We need to pool our money and provide an incentive to play here!

MannyIsGod
08-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Man Jozy is beasting.

The_Worlds_finest
08-28-2011, 06:41 AM
Man Jozy is beasting.

JK must be taking note and excited to see what he can do against CR next week.

I could easily see JA not giving a shit when Bob "talent black hole" Bradley was at the helm.

mcGA2W4d5_E
height of the black hole's career?

MannyIsGod
08-28-2011, 11:41 AM
um, spain?

Spurologist
08-28-2011, 12:13 PM
George John on the way back to FC Dallas. WTF? :wtf

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/08/28/fcd-defender-george-johns-move-blackburn-called

Heath Pearce looks injured for camp. JK can call John to replace him

The_Worlds_finest
08-28-2011, 10:12 PM
i cant go with spain cause it was total luck bullshit that they actually got to play spain. Top it off it was only followed up but another typical black hole collapse where usa was up 2-0 vs brazil and ended up losing 3-2. Shit even vs ghana the black hole fucked up, choking away a win. btw Hindsight is an exact science. just some idle meddling, while i wait for costa rica and belgium

MannyIsGod
08-28-2011, 10:16 PM
George John on the way back to FC Dallas. WTF? :wtf

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2011/08/28/fcd-defender-george-johns-move-blackburn-called

Heath Pearce looks injured for camp. JK can call John to replace him

Yeah Blackburn renigged. Pretty shitty, IMO.

MannyIsGod
08-29-2011, 09:59 AM
Holden coming back to a reserve game tonight. Thats a great sign.

scott
08-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Great news about Stu.

Grant Wahl reporting Junior is headed to Chievo. No Americans have played in Serie A since Alexi. Time to become a Flying Donkey's fan.

scott
08-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Pearce, Lloyd out for these matches. Pontius, Spector in.

Dempsey won't join team until Belgium.

scott
08-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Jurgen confirms Martin Vasquez will be right hand man and #1 assistant, but neither will coach the Olympic team.

Spurologist
08-30-2011, 06:01 AM
Great news about Stu.

Grant Wahl reporting Junior is headed to Chievo. No Americans have played in Serie A since Alexi. Time to become a Flying Donkey's fan.

That's the greatest oxymoron in soccer. The team could either be flying or playing like straight ass. OR there could be just a lot of flying donkeys on the field.

MannyIsGod
08-30-2011, 07:29 AM
We have a lot of youth for that Olympic team. It should be a fun one to watch.

The_Worlds_finest
08-30-2011, 08:52 AM
CHICAGO -- Clint Dempsey will not join the U.S. national team for its exhibition game Friday against Costa Rica.

U.S. Soccer says Dempsey, a midfielder for Fulham of the English Premier League, will stay in London to get treatment for back spasms. He will join the Americans on Sunday ahead of their match Sept. 6 in Brussels against Belgium.

U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann also added Chris Pontius and Jonathan Spector to the roster Monday for the Costa Rica match in Carson, Calif. They'll replace Zach Loyd and Heath Pearce, both nursing hamstring injuries.

In other developments Monday, German-born midfielder Fabian Johnson will not make his international U.S. debut during the friendlies because he has yet to receive his clearance from FIFA.

Prior to being called up by new Klinsmann, Johnson -- who holds dual U.S. and German citizenship -- had previously represented Germany at the youth and Under-21 levels. Since Johnson has not yet completed his one-time switch procedure between the U.S. and Germany, he will be unable to participate in the matches.

Johnson will still train with the team in California ahead of the match against Costa Rica in Carson, Calif., on Friday, and then travel with the team to Brussels as they prepare for their Sept. 6 match against Belgium.

The_Worlds_finest
08-30-2011, 09:01 AM
Manny Scott you have any info on this kraut who wants to defect to join the us evil Americans?

robino2001
08-30-2011, 01:05 PM
U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann also added Chris Pontius and Jonathan Spector to the roster Monday for the Costa Rica match in Carson, Calif. They'll replace Zach Loyd and Heath Pearce, both nursing hamstring injuries.
Party boy?!?
http://www.google.com/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://stupidcelebrities.net/wp-content/2011/03/Chris-Pontius-aka-Party-Boy-photos.jpg&sa=X&ei=KCZdTr-OLq-KsAKiuPkM&ved=0CAUQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE7StqOYl6kn7tPOWPQi3FIpJHclw

MannyIsGod
08-30-2011, 08:43 PM
I know pretty much nothing about Fabian Johnson, TBH.

So, Dempsey rumored to the Gunners?!?!?!! That would suck for Demps LOL.

MannyIsGod
09-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm super excited for Friday and Tuesday. Can't wait!

The_Worlds_finest
09-01-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm super excited for Friday and Tuesday. Can't wait!

+1

Manny, Villyan Bijev signed with liverpool, is this the first american striker to play for a top epl team?

MannyIsGod
09-01-2011, 12:39 PM
He hasn't played for a top EPL team.