PDA

View Full Version : US MNT Thread : News, bullshit, and beating up on Mexico

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

The_Worlds_finest
10-12-2011, 03:17 AM
whats yalls thoughts on the olympic team? qualifications start in march, with two teams making it

The_Worlds_finest
10-12-2011, 03:24 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_men's_national_under-23_soccer_team player pool..

Spurologist
10-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Brian Sciaretta @ Yanks Abroad does a good job of breaking down the olympic pool here

http://yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=blog&entry=192

I'd add Omar Gonzalez. That's probably why Jurgen has called him in yet. Mix too

The_Worlds_finest
10-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Brek Shea is getting looks from Man U liverpool man city chelsea

scott
10-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Brian Sciaretta @ Yanks Abroad does a good job of breaking down the olympic pool here

http://yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=blog&entry=192

I'd add Omar Gonzalez. That's probably why Jurgen has called him in yet. Mix too

He has Brek listed as a defender, but other than that pretty good list.

It would be curious to see if the eligible guys who are big parts of the senior team (Brek, Chandler, Jozy, Juan) get included onto the Olympic squad since the Olympics are right in the middle of the start of WC Qualifying. For that reason, it seems doubtful any of our top overage players are included either (you're allowed 3).

Guess it depends on how serious they take the Olympics.

MannyIsGod
10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
Brek was likely listed as a defender because at the beginning of the season they were trying him out at LB to find out where to play him.

scott
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Does Leander Schaerlaeckens read SpursTalk?!?!

His ideal Starting XI is almost identical to mine.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7092864/jurgen-klinsmann-do-make-record-us-far-soccer

That's my exact XI if I include Stu

MannyIsGod
10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Well its kind of a no brainer to be honest. :lol

scott
10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Except you'd have half the LA Galaxy in there

MannyIsGod
10-12-2011, 06:36 PM
:dramaquee

DJ Mbenga
10-16-2011, 02:39 AM
jozy needs some damn help. this team will get raped if they only send 1 striker. would be nice if adu got some more shots. he always was ok but in the gold cup he really proved himself uselful. he just needs conditioning, he got tired too many times. id like to see this omar gonzalez fellow. wonder why if he is so good why klinsman hasnt called him yet.

scott
10-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Rematch with Slovenia November 15.

The_Worlds_finest
10-18-2011, 09:43 AM
All Im going to say is Klinsi better go after a win for the french match. Run the team you have been weeding out for the WC soon to start qualifications

scott
10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
p0eeTplJ6zY

For reliving the agony of falling behind, excitement of equalizing, and then shock of the disallowed winner.

For all (most of us) bashed Bradley, he did give us an awesomely exciting World Cup in 2010.

scott
10-18-2011, 10:20 AM
All Im going to say is Klinsi better go after a win for the french match. Run the team you have been weeding out for the WC soon to start qualifications

Has the France match been announced? I heard it rumored but never saw it official.

scott
10-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Has the France match been announced? I heard it rumored but never saw it official.

n/m I see it now.

The_Worlds_finest
11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
u -23 team per
http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/7183301/united-states-selects-roster-pre-olympic-qualifying-camp

Goalkeepers: David Bingham (San Jose), Cody Cropper (Ipswich, England), Sean Johnson (Chicago), Jon Kempin (Sporting KC)

Defenders: Gale Agbossoumonde (Eintracht Frankfurt, Germany), Anthony Brooks (Hertha Berlin, Germany), Sean Cunningham (Molde, Norway), Royal-Dominique Fennell (Stuttgarter Kickers, Germany), Greg Garza (no club), Perry Kitchen (D.C.), Will Packwood (Birmingham, England), Zarek Valentin (Chivas USA), Ethan White (D.C.)

Midfielders: Joe Corona (Tijuana, Mexico), Mixx Diskerud (Stabaek, Norway), Dilly Duka (Columbus), Jared Jeffrey (Mainz, Germany), Sebastian Lletget (West Ham, England), Tyrone McCargo (Nuremberg, Germany), Charles Renken (Hoffenheim, Germany), Caleb Stanko (Freiburg, Germany), Jose Villarreal (Los Angeles)

Forwards: Terrence Boyd (Hertha Berlin, Germany), Conor Doyle (Derby, England), Josh Gatt (Molde, Norway), Joe Gyau (Hoffenheim, Germany), Jerome Kiesewetter (Hertha Berlin, Germany), Omar Salgado (Vancouver), Tony Taylor (Atletico Clube, Portugal), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich, Germany), Andrew Wooten (Kaiserslautern, Germany)

MIxx Diskerud had the fancy footwork to set up JA for the goal
KN-IRXEv0To
ZJ8J_ux2R7c
KlzooZKf85A

yes i am excited Corona Joins the YANKS!

The_Worlds_finest
11-03-2011, 11:25 AM
NEt--8aKuog gatt

MannyIsGod
11-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Jurgen's roster today is annoying as shit. Robbie Rogers is on it again, No Herculez Gomez, and he's calling in Landon when Landon has to play in the MLS Cup. I'm assuming that this better mean that Landon only comes in (and Beckerman) if they are out of the playoffs. And if he's going to go that route, why the fuck is he STILL not calling in Omar and STILL calling in Orozco Fiscal?!?!?!?!?

All that being said, biggest omission is Gomez. Herculez is getting the major fucking shaft right now.

Spurstro
11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Disappointed in Gomez not getting a call, but Gonzalez not getting a call is a big slap in the face.

Fucking Michael Orozco Fiscalstein.

Spurologist
11-03-2011, 04:19 PM
GOALKEEPERS (2): Tim Howard (Everton, England), Bill Hamid (D.C. United, USA)

DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers, Scotland), Timothy Chandler (Nurnberg, Germany), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96, Germany), Clarence Goodson (Brondby IF, Denmark), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin, Germany), Michael Orozco (San Luis, Mexico), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting Lisbon, Portugal)

MIDFIELDERS (9): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake, USA), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona, Italy), Clint Dempsey (Fulham, England), Maurice Edu (Rangers, Scotland), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim, Germany), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04, Germany), Robbie Rodgers (Columbus Crew, USA), Brek Shea (F.C. Dallas, USA), Daniel Williams (Hoffenheim, Germany)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar, Holland), DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla, Mexico), Edson Buddle (Ingolstadt 04, Germany), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy, USA)

fml....

I love Morales and seeing F. Johnson play for the first time for USMNT but

Rodgers WTF???? ----> new Bornstein AND Fiscal over Gonzalez and John?????

scott
11-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Obviously Jurgen is trolling us.

scott
11-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Jurgen's roster today is annoying as shit. Robbie Rogers is on it again, No Herculez Gomez, and he's calling in Landon when Landon has to play in the MLS Cup. I'm assuming that this better mean that Landon only comes in (and Beckerman) if they are out of the playoffs. And if he's going to go that route, why the fuck is he STILL not calling in Omar and STILL calling in Orozco Fiscal?!?!?!?!?

All that being said, biggest omission is Gomez. Herculez is getting the major fucking shaft right now.

Here's Jurgen's answers on players involved in MLS Playoffs:

"We have a very positive line of communication with MLS. We agreed that whoever will be involved in the final will be released after the game against France, which gives them more than a week to prepare."

Spurologist
11-03-2011, 07:50 PM
You guys are actually missing the guy who deserves the callup the most PLUS he would replace Robbie Rogers.

He's ballin in Belgium and his name is Sasha Kljestan

I wonder if Klinsi only wants Omar to be in the Olympic squad for now. I'm done defending Klinsi with moves like Orozco and fucking Robbie Rogers....might as well bring back Bornstein tbh...hopefully neither of them see the field

scott
11-03-2011, 09:28 PM
You guys are actually missing the guy who deserves the callup the most PLUS he would replace Robbie Rogers.

He's ballin in Belgium and his name is Sasha Kljestan

I wonder if Klinsi only wants Omar to be in the Olympic squad for now. I'm done defending Klinsi with moves like Orozco and fucking Robbie Rogers....might as well bring back Bornstein tbh...hopefully neither of them see the field

Agree on Sasha, though I have a love/hate relationship with him. He shows flashes of brilliance followed by flashes of Bornstein every now and then (okay... maybe not THAT bad).

Also surprised Bedoya didn't make this squad.

MannyIsGod
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
@SachaKljestan
Sacha Kljestan
12/12 points in Europa League and qualification for the knockout stages. Well done boys! Are you even watching???

DAMN. I can't blame some of these guys for speaking out. It shows they have fire. I feel really bad for Herc though.

Libri
11-04-2011, 10:42 PM
Everton eye Donovan loan

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/979833/everton-eye-los-angeles-galaxy-star-landon-donovan-loan?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&cc=5901

Sense
11-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Everton eye Donovan loan

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/979833/everton-eye-los-angeles-galaxy-star-landon-donovan-loan?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&cc=5901

I don't see that happening, shit I'd be shocked... a loan? The team, the MLS would lose too much for just a loan..

MannyIsGod
11-05-2011, 01:49 PM
How would they lose anything? Its about to be the MLS off season. This is what happened last time he went to the EPL.

Sense
11-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Oh shit my bad... who keeps up with the MLS anyways..

Spurologist
11-05-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't see that happening, shit I'd be shocked... a loan? The team, the MLS would lose too much for just a loan..

don't see it happening either....donovan himself said it's unlikely plus he's been in bad form (outside of the goal). I still think he should though...it'll keep him sharp.

I think it was more of the reporter trying to get story saying "you bringing donovan over for a loan?"

velik_m
11-07-2011, 09:55 AM
In case you're interested: New slovenian coach Slaviša Stojanović presented the team for match against USA on 15th.

Goalkeepers (3):
Belec, Vid Crotone (ITA II)
Handanović Jasmin, Maribor
Handanović Samir, Udinese (ITA)

Defenders (7):
Brečko Mišo, Kőln (NEM)
Cesar Boštjan, Chievo (ITA)
Ilić Branko, Lokomotiva Moskva (RUS)
Jokić Bojan, Chievo (ITA)
Mavrič Rožič Matej, (KSV Superfund)
Samardžić Miral (Šerif Tiraspol)
Šuler Marko, Gent (BEL)

Midfielders (9):
Bačinović Armin, Palermo (ITA)
Birsa Valter, Genoa (ITA)
Iličić Josip, Palermo (ITA)
Kirm Andraž, Wisla Krakov (POL)
Krhin Rene, Bologna (ITA)
Lazarević Dejan, Padova (ITA II)
Matić Darijan, Krivbas Krivji Rih (UKR)
Mertelj Aleš, Maribor
Vršič Dare, Olimpija

Attackers (4):
Dedić Zlatko, Dynamo Dresden (NEM II)
Ljubijankić Zlatan, Gent (BEL)
Matavž Tim, PSV Eindhoven (NIZ)
Pečnik Nejc, Krilja Sovjetov (RUS)

MannyIsGod
11-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Donovan staying home. Unless Klinsman is retarded he'll call Sasha in now.

scott
11-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Understandable why Donovan is staying at home, but Jurgen didn't sounds too pleased about it in an interview yesterday. This will be the 4th straight match without Landon and I think Jurgen is getting frustrated that he's yet to see Dempsey and Donovan on the field at the same time.

Klinsmann has had a long standing boner for Landon, going back to that disasterous Bayern Munich loan, but as Klinsmann starts to develop his #1 squad going into qualifiers (and remember the January "Camp Cupcake" is usually a developmental camp), it can't be helpful that Lando isn't around.

Hey MLS... European Schedule!!!

In other news, seen rumors today that we'll see Italy vs. USA in Genoa next February.

scott
11-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Donovan staying home. Unless Klinsman is retarded he'll call Sasha in now.

I was thinking Herc since Jurgen has Lando listed as a F, but it would definitely be faster to get Sasha to France than Herc.

scott
11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
And Liverpool have signed our U-17 Captain, Midfielder Marc Pelosi

MannyIsGod
11-08-2011, 09:57 AM
I would be happy with Herc callup as well. From what I heard on a podcast yesterday, Donovan cares more about the MLS cup at this point in his career than the USMNT. I've always been a country before club person but I can understand Donovan's viewpoint right now and I think it was foolish for Klinsman to call him in for these friendlies anyway.

Camp cupcake might not be a developmental camp under Jurgen though. We'll have to wait and see.

scott
11-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I would be happy with Herc callup as well. From what I heard on a podcast yesterday, Donovan cares more about the MLS cup at this point in his career than the USMNT. I've always been a country before club person but I can understand Donovan's viewpoint right now and I think it was foolish for Klinsman to call him in for these friendlies anyway.

Camp cupcake might not be a developmental camp under Jurgen though. We'll have to wait and see.

"There is no way he isn't a lock for 2014" - MannyIsClod

MannyIsGod
11-08-2011, 10:23 AM
MannyIsClod? REALLY? Thats some WC level of attempted insulting. Actually, its borderline Buddy Holly level of insulting.

In any event, Landon IS a lock. Not sure why you would think anything I posted above changes that.

scott
11-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Actually, I think it's more MadeFromDust level of attempting insults.

And that was the point.

Lock = doesn't play with country under new coach, doesn't care about playing with country under new coach, has rapidly declining form.

Myep.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I'd say the form isn't rapidly declining but just a factor of him not being even close to 100%. That being said, I thought aside from another missed goal, he played very well this past weekend.

I also don't think you can say he doesn't care about the national team. He just cares about a meaningless friendly across the world 1 week before the MLS cup a hell of a lot less than that MLS cup game.

Props for the MFD reference. I hadn't thought about that dude in a LONG time. We've been posting on internet message boards for way too long.

scott
11-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Interesting you think he played very well this last weekend, when all the match ratings I've seen have him playing a subpar game by his standards and the best rating I've seen for him was a 6.5.

His form has declined so rapidly that a 6.5 game from him is considered "playing very well".

MannyIsGod
11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Ah yes, the infallible match ratings that on one site show a 8 for one player and another a 4 for the same player. He created a goal, scored on a PK, and spread the RSL defense quite well while playing on one leg. Thats what I saw. You're welcome to go off of match ratings, though.

scott
11-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I watched the match, as did a bunch of professional writers, who all felt he had a subpar game.

But we should take your word, because you're completely unbaised when it comes to the Galaxy.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2011, 12:20 PM
So link me to all the professional writers who say he didn't have a good game. So far we have you saying it because you love to disagree with me on anything Galaxy related. I know the MLS site has the ratings at a 6.5 and goes on to say that you can't argue with the production so that strikes me as saying he had a "pretty good game".

Will wait to see all the writers writing off Landon Donovan as a member of the USMNT, too.

scott
11-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm going by the discussions happening on twitter during the match. Steve Davis and Wylanda were the notable ones I remember discussing Landon not having a great game.

No one is writing off Landon as a member of the USMNT right now, including myself. I said he's not a lock for 2014, which is still 2.5 years away.

If we stay in the 4-2-3-1, it appears Dempsey and Shea have two of the three attacking mid spots locked up, do you really believe Landon has been so much better than our other options right now that he is a lock to be ahead of them in 2.5 years? I agree he is the best option now, but I don't think he is so far ahead that he'll be guaranteed to be the best option in 30 months, though he still may be.

scott
11-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Furthermore, I think that's why we consistently are seeing Landon listed as a F. His value is increasingly as a player who can play mid but also forward when we transition to a 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-1-2.

But Jurgen is probably going to want to see Landon actually play in this system at some point.

MannyIsGod
11-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I really don't think the January camp is going to be a developmental camp. I think there will be more U23 camps for that considering the upcoming Olympics and I think the call ups in that camp would be better used to get some extended time working with Jurgen.

I have no fucking idea why Landon is listed as a forward (and Beasley for that matter). I want to see Landon on that right flank with Demps and Shea in the center and left respectively as much as anyone not named Jurgen but shtis just going to have to wait until after the MLS Cup.

Donovan has done a lot for US Soccer and if the organization and fans can't understand why he wants to focus on the MLS cup with a team that might look very different next spring well then fuck em.

I may have to work away from a computer Friday afternoon and if I do I'm going to have to go on an internet - and especially twitter - blackout so I can watch the DVRed game fresh when I get home. I hope thats not the case.

How do you guys view the "honey moon" for Jurgen? Am I the only one here who's upset with his roster selections

scott
11-08-2011, 12:56 PM
I think he's weird call ups (the continued fascination with Fiscal, Robbie Rodgers, the omissions of Herc, Sasha, Omar, John, etc.) are clouding our judgement on some of good things he's done:

*the formation and overall mindset of the team is certainly more possession and attack oriented. It may not yet be yielding goals, but we didn't expect an entire philosophy shift to just happen overnight, did we?
*the German invasion. We've yet to see Fabian Johnson in action, but Danny Williams impressed in his first appearances and by all indications Johnson could be better. Also a few more Germans coming in
*the renewed focus on earning a Country spot with your play for Club. This is something that didn't exist for Bob Bradley, sometimes with good results (Michael Bradley) but often times with very poor (Bornstein). I like that Jurgen is pushing players to earn time at the club level before they get call-ups. It pushes the players to be even better.

Right now I'd give him a B-

scott
11-08-2011, 01:08 PM
And this just popped up... a surprising analysis that makes a case FOR Orozco-Fiscal.

http://theshinguardian.com/2011/11/08/your-lying-eyes-what-klinsmann-recognizes-in-orozco-fiscal/

Spurstro
11-08-2011, 01:35 PM
And this just popped up... a surprising analysis that makes a case FOR Orozco-Fiscal.

http://theshinguardian.com/2011/11/08/your-lying-eyes-what-klinsmann-recognizes-in-orozco-fiscal/

Nice write-up....so it seems Jurgen wants a speedy centerback and someone who has good passing ability.

Fine....but there has to be others to choose from right?

scott
11-09-2011, 12:45 PM
Article on Landon's changing role with the USMNT.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/columnist/carlisle_jeff/id/7211160/us-soccer-landon-donovan-changing-role-us--jeff-carlisle

scott
11-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Brek Shea headed to train with Arsenal.

http://insider.espn.go.com/sports/soccer/blog?name=us_national_soccer&id=7212336&_slug_=us-soccer-brek-shea-headed-london-train-arsenal&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fspo rts%2fsoccer%2fblog%3fname%3dus_national_soccer%26 id%3d7212336%26_slug_%3dus-soccer-brek-shea-headed-london-train-arsenal

The report makes it sounds like Jurgen arranged this, which is pretty cool.

scott
11-09-2011, 07:08 PM
Also Manny, I wanted to add that there is only one more FIFA friendly date (1 match in February) before WCQ starts. So you're probably right the Jan camp won't be cupcake, and hopefully we'll finally get to see Dempsey and Donovan together in February.

MannyIsGod
11-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Omar wins MLS Defender of the Year. No surprise.

The_Worlds_finest
11-10-2011, 08:03 AM
US is to play Italy in feb.

scott
11-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Arsene Wenger says US talent pool will have major influence on the game in the near future.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-us-and-asia-will-become-major-forces

I'd be happier about this if it were anyone besides Arsene Wenger saying it.

The_Worlds_finest
11-11-2011, 03:23 AM
maybe we can get a legit striker?

MannyIsGod
11-11-2011, 05:06 AM
We have a legit striker. You do a bad job paying attention.

The_Worlds_finest
11-11-2011, 05:15 AM
no we dont...the last legit honest to god striker we had was brian mcbride...who also is the last to score a world cup. Im hoping that vijay whats his name will pan out but for now hes injured

The_Worlds_finest
11-11-2011, 05:16 AM
on that note, ten hours until kick off.

scott
11-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Looks like we are going more of a 4-4-2 or perhaps a 4-1-2-1-2 today:

GK: Howard
D: Dolo, Goodson, Boca, Chandler
M: Williams, Edu, Beckerman, Shea
F: Dempsey, Jozy

I'd be curious to see how Edu is deployed, if we are going with two holding mids or if one of the central mids will be in more of an attacking role. Edu seems least comfortable in that role between him, Bradley and Jones.

On the bench: Hamid, Fiscal, Bradley, Jones, Fabian Johnson (hoping we get to see him), Beasley and Buddle.

Not in uniform: Morales, Wunderkind Rodgers and Onyewu (groin)

Sense
11-11-2011, 04:28 PM
France should be up ..

Cry Havoc
11-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Way too close! Where is our defensive coordination?

Cry Havoc
11-11-2011, 04:33 PM
Ugh. Atrocious defense.

Sense
11-11-2011, 04:55 PM
The score doesn't show how lopsided this was..

scott
11-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Another game, another 1-0 loss. At least we're consistent.

Spurologist
11-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Despite the goal, I thought the D was solid.

Midfield was wayward. Williams needs to play Edu's position (Edu has the touch of an elephant out there). You can tell williams is very uncomfortable in the wing. Jones/Bradley need to replace Beckerman.

Altidore/Dempsey were good. I still don't like Jozy out there on an island. Gomez? I can only dream that Terrence Boyd blows up and becomes a prime time player after the olympics. Maybe Dempsey plays further up when Donovan returns.

Buddle/Rodgers should never play for the US again. Johnson was too nervous to settle into the team. It'll take time. Cherundolo's PT in Hannover is going down and I don't see him making the world cup roster. I would play Chandler at his natural right back position and play Johnson/Lichaj at LB.

JK says he doesn't care about losing yet we played a totally defensive style. WTF!?

Sense
11-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Despite the goal, I thought the D was solid.

Midfield was wayward. Williams needs to play Edu's position (Edu has the touch of an elephant out there). You can tell williams is very uncomfortable in the wing. Jones/Bradley need to replace Beckerman.

Altidore/Dempsey were good. I still don't like Jozy out there on an island. Gomez? I can only dream that Terrence Boyd blows up and becomes a prime time player after the olympics. Maybe Dempsey plays further up when Donovan returns.

Buddle/Rodgers should never play for the US again. Johnson was too nervous to settle into the team. It'll take time. Cherundolo's PT in Hannover is going down and I don't see him making the world cup roster. I would play Chandler at his natural right back position and play Johnson/Lichaj at LB.

JK says he doesn't care about losing yet we played a totally defensive style. WTF!?

Not sure how that defense was good, if anything they are lucky they only got scored on once... could have easily been 3-1 and thats putting it lightly.. and I'm giving the US one for that POSSIBLE penalty on Jozy..

But if you look at the hand ball from Beckerman (I think it was him)... Benzema's missed header, Remy's goal... and shit like the 5 other chances..

France is just the better team... and boy have they improved since the WC..

MannyIsGod
11-11-2011, 07:51 PM
I have no idea what jk is doing l.

Phenomanul
11-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Disappointing loss... :depressed

Darn MLS and their non-FIFA calendar... :bang Lando would've helped...

MannyIsGod
11-12-2011, 02:35 AM
The midfield play is just bad but what the hell is expected when Bradley doesn't even leave the bench. The guy is good. Why is he not starting over two players in Edu and Beckerman that he's obviously better than? And I'm a huge Beckerman fan.

Sacha not being on this team is ridic and JK's comments bout it after the game are just wrong.

I thought the first half D was excellent but the 2h was very different. Jozy was great today but it doesn't matter because the mids can't string together any passes to get the ball in an actual organized attack.

This is not about a lack of talent and right now all of us lamenting Bod Bradley's style look really stupid because JK is looking absolutely terrible. Obviously he's got a year to figure shit out but right now he's just doing flat out terrible.

Its not that the US is a better team than France but its the complete absence of chances in almost EVERY game they've played. Its HOW they're losing these games that is really the point. When we're not seeing any progress on the field JK's call ups and lineups deserve to be critiqued quite harshly, IMO.

Willing to give him a good deal of time to figure shit out, but right now I am NOT impressed and we really need to get a result against Slovenia on Tuesday. They just need to show progress.

Landon Donofag
11-12-2011, 02:44 AM
Why is everyone in love with Klinsmann? Klinsmann was the worst mistake in Bayern's modern history.
Hummels :(

Hope that he brings a good assistant coach with him. Klinsmann should just stop being a manager, he's shit. He's a more of a motivator than a Manager. If he gets someone like Löw as assistan coach and he does nothing but motivate the players like in 2006, it's not a terrible decision, not a very good one either.

The_Worlds_finest
11-12-2011, 09:51 AM
My question is Would Bradley have lost this game 3-0 4-0? Timmy was on fire

lefty
11-12-2011, 11:30 AM

France was missing some players too

The_Worlds_finest
11-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Any time lefty makes a post about Soccer all i can think of is...
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc/img/2010/06/23/062310-USA-Algeria-Gallery-SW-17_20100623122451_600_400.JPG

lefty
11-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Any time lefty makes a post about Soccer all i can think of is...
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fsc/img/2010/06/23/062310-USA-Algeria-Gallery-SW-17_20100623122451_600_400.JPG

God bless Ghana :hat

Spurologist
11-13-2011, 10:52 AM
USA better beat Slovenia is all I'm saying.

The US Team's morale is not so hot right now.

Terrence Boyd scored a goal for U23 against Bochum reserves. They won 3-1. :tu

scott
11-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Looks like we are indeed setting up some non-FIFA window friendlies in January.

At Panama January 25 http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2011/11/usa-panama-to-meet-in-january-friendly.html

And allegedly a home game to be scheduled on the 21st.

Manny, the only problem with you think January camp won't be Cupcake is that outside of Scandinavian-based, none of our Euro players will be available for call-up.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 10:46 AM
Yeah thats a good point, Scott.

US needs to win today or I may have to cut a Buddle.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Speaking of which, are we now tied on the caps again? Cause if so I'll be rooting for a Buddle sub :lol

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Speaking of which, are we now tied on the caps again? Cause if so I'll be rooting for a Buddle sub :lol

scott
11-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Pretty sure you're ahead. Also pretty sure that the race should permanently end now (Jurgen needs to stop calling up these fools)

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 10:58 AM
I'll completely agree that everytime I see Buddle get called in and Herculez gets to watch at home I want to punch Jurgen in the nuts.

scott
11-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Jesus Christ Buddle is starting.

scott
11-15-2011, 11:32 AM
The U.S. MNT lineup vs. Slovenia: 1-Tim Howard; 2-Steve Cherundolo, 4-Clarence Goodson, 5-Carlos Bocanegra (capt.), 3-Timmy Chandler; 6-Kyle Beckerman, 7-Michael Bradley, 8-Fabian Johnson, 10-Clint Dempsey; 9-Jozy Altidore, 11-Edson Buddle

Obviously going back to a 4-4-2. It's the Bradley days all over again!

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Actually I'd imagine it will be more of a 4-1-3-2

I actually like this lineup.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Does suck that Shea isn't in the lineup but dude probably still needs more rest. Would rather see Shea than Buddle.

velik_m
11-15-2011, 11:39 AM

Yeah, what's up with that, the whole world can make schedules around "fifa time" and USA can't do it? what's so special about MLS that makes it impossible?

velik_m
11-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Slovenia probable line-up: S. Handanović; Brečko, Šuler, Cesar, Jokić; Vršič, Bačinović; Ljubijankić, Iličić, Kirm; Matavž.

velik_m
11-15-2011, 11:40 AM
double post

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Yeah, what's up with that, the whole world can make schedules around "fifa time" and USA can't do it? what's so special about MLS that makes it impossible?

It has more to do with our sports calender than anything else. The MLS would be competing head to head with the NBA, NHL, and NFL if they were on the FIFA calender. When the league started that would not have worked.

There's also the fact that our teams travel FAR more than European league teams and the weather tends to be worse for them during the winter months. I don't see the MLS switching to a FIFA calender anytime soon because of those things.

velik_m
11-15-2011, 11:46 AM
It has more to do with our sports calender than anything else. The MLS would be competing head to head with the NBA, NHL, and NFL if they were on the FIFA calender. When the league started that would not have worked.

There's also the fact that our teams travel FAR more than European league teams and the weather tends to be worse for them during the winter months. I don't see the MLS switching to a FIFA calender anytime soon because of those things.

FIFA has nothing to do with winter games, plenty euro countries play through summer (scandinavia, russia...) because of harsh winters

scott
11-15-2011, 11:47 AM
This would have been the perfect year to be on the FIFA calendar with no NBA.

Opportunity lost.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 11:55 AM
FIFA has nothing to do with winter games, plenty euro countries play through summer (scandinavia, russia...) because of harsh winters

Ok, but you just ignored the other point - which was the more important of the two.

velik_m
11-15-2011, 11:56 AM
American ambassador at the game (apparently his first soccer game).

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 11:56 AM
This would have been the perfect year to be on the FIFA calendar with no NBA.

Opportunity lost.

Yeah - they would have been able to get a foothold that might have held big time. Then again maybe not. Its moot since it was impossible to plan for an NBA lockout.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 11:57 AM
If I see a Mo Edu goal dissallowed today so help me god.

velik_m
11-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Ok, but you just ignored the other point - which was the more important of the two.

The travel is worse than in Russia? Where they have to travel to Siberia?

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:05 PM
Probably about the same. East Cost to West Coast is pretty god damn far.

scott
11-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Actually I'd imagine it will be more of a 4-1-3-2

I actually like this lineup.

With the personnel, looks more like a 4-3-1-2 tbh

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Distances in US are longer:

http://www.sportmapworld.com/map/soccer/north-america/mls/
http://www.sportmapworld.com/map/soccer/russia/russian-premier-league/

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:10 PM
With the personnel, looks more like a 4-3-1-2 tbh

Yes - Dempsey right behind the strikers with the 3 mids back forming a triangle I think.

----Beckerman-----
FJ---------MB90

-----Demps-----
Buddle----Altidore

scott
11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Curious to see if Dempsey can move the ball fast enough as an attacking Mid. He tends to hold up on the ball longer to try to create.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:16 PM
:lol

I don't think he can. Dude loves to attack one on one which is why he should probably be next to Jozy but its the best we can do here.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Some dude playing in Belguim would be a good AM though. Hmmm, wonder if Jurgen has his #?

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:18 PM
Man thats some crazy Slovenian fog

velik_m
11-15-2011, 12:28 PM
lol slovenian defense...

MannyIsGod
Hahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah

velik_m
man thats some normal Ljubljana fog

ftfy

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:40 PM
OS calls are hard to make against Slovenia.....

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:45 PM
lol USMNT defense

velik_m
11-15-2011, 12:45 PM
us defense was toying with offside traps, bound to come back and bite them in the ass...

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:51 PM
I don't mind. Klinsman trying something new that he wants them to learn so they can play higher.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 12:51 PM
But yes, they've been pretty bad at them so far. :lol

velik_m
11-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Goals galore

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 01:07 PM
Easily more goals let alone chances in this game than in the Jurgen era to date. Exciting first half. Loving Fabian Johnson and MB90 in excellent form.

And well, my boy Buddle!

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 01:08 PM
http://thesoccerroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/edson-buddle.jpg

velik_m
11-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Defense seems to be a weaker part of both teams, more so of course for Slovenia.

scott
11-15-2011, 01:16 PM
Will be hard to convince anyone this formation (4-3-1-2) is the right one. What's the preferred line up if that's the case?

D: Dolo-Gooch-Boca-Chandler
M: ?-Bradley-Shea
AM: Demsey
F: Jozy-Lando

If you move Lando back to the MF, then you have a question mark at the other forward spot. If Buddle could keep this form he'd be an option. Juan?

If we had a pre-injury Holden, things would be a lot different :[

scott
11-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Though Junior has looked very good at RM today, so maybe it's Bradley-Beckerman-Shea in midfield?

velik_m
11-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Is it me or is team USA kind of old?

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 01:36 PM
That goal was coming.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Is it me or is team USA kind of old?

Just you. A couple of grizzled vets but for the most part the team is very young.

TimmehC
11-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Not a lot of D in this one...

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Pretty sure 3 goals isn't going to be enough to win this game.

velik_m
11-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Pretty sure 3 goals isn't going to be enough to win this game.

It was, Slovenian offense is not that great. Quality was lacking in this game, but it was pretty entertaining one none the less.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Definitely entertaining. Our d is terrible but it was a better showing from the US.

The_Worlds_finest
11-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Brek Shea is far from a 90 min guy and this and the previous games show it. I agree he is oozing with potential but for now he bogs the offense down with his more than often bad games. Fabian Johnson is going to be a freaking stud. For the love of good no more Goodson. Edison buddle and jozy will be sick for 2014. I can wait for the Italy game!

The_Worlds_finest
11-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Can't

MannyIsGod
11-16-2011, 11:52 AM

You suck at evaluating our team. Brek Shea is a far from a 90 minute guy and bogs down our offense? LOLOLOLOLOL

scott
11-16-2011, 12:21 PM
#USMNT World Cup qualifying schedule: 6/8 v Antigua, 6/12 at Guatemala, 9/7 at Jamaica, 9/11 v Jamaica, 10/12 at Antigua, 10/16 v Guatemala. (via @BrianStraus)

Sense
11-16-2011, 03:24 PM
#USMNT World Cup qualifying schedule: 6/8 v Antigua, 6/12 at Guatemala, 9/7 at Jamaica, 9/11 v Jamaica, 10/12 at Antigua, 10/16 v Guatemala. (via @BrianStraus)

:lol if the US loses any of those games ...

:lol even a draw would be embarrassing..

scott
11-16-2011, 04:49 PM
Jamaica isn't super terrible, but I agree nonetheless.

Libri
11-16-2011, 05:40 PM

Wow, that should be a cakewalk, should be.

scott
11-16-2011, 06:46 PM
Keep in mind, that's only the group stage. I expect the Hex to end up being (listed by group):

US
Jamaica
Mexico
Costa Rica
Honduras
Panama

Sorry Canada, you're SOL.

The_Worlds_finest
11-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Let's see many. If brek is doing so badass why, did he get moved to a sub, why did the USA actually score some goals? Yeah Shea had a nice assist against Mexico, on the flip side beckerman did well in an early 2000s u20 world cup. Shea took one bullshit shot against Slovania and couldn't dribble through any defense. He hasn't done shit and I believe he is destined for a sub position.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2011, 02:08 PM

Let me know when you've actually seen Fabian Johnson play more than 60 minutes.

Spurstro
11-17-2011, 02:45 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/11/17/article-2062863-0ED764FF00000578-638_634x396.jpg

Shea has a training stint with Arsenal at the moment, and I'm pretty sure that's him in the background.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Probably does one more year in MLS because he just signed a new contract but I can't wait to see Shea play in Europe.

Spurstro
11-17-2011, 02:49 PM
If the formation stays the same as in the Slovenia game, I can't see Shea getting playing time. The wingers (Bradley and Johnson) were tucked in, and I just can't see Shea handling himself in the middle of the field as well as some some of our other options.

He's young and has made some good improvement, so we'll see though.

MannyIsGod
11-17-2011, 03:07 PM
I'll agree with that. He is definitely more of a wing player than a capable player in the middle. Assuming Landon is in camp, I think the 4 mids would be Dempsy, Landon, Bradley, and then either Jones or Beckerman. Maybe Edu.

Given the way Landon has played this season - especially the 2nd half - with the Galaxy, I think he would be a good option in the diamond with Bradley and another. I think Demps has to be the further up of the two to be effective.

The best thing Brek does is attack players with pace. Thats why he's so good off the wing. That might be able to translate to the middle, but when you have guys like Jones that are showing well overseas and guys like Holden that you expect to come back at some point then I don't know what you do.

Spurologist
11-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Will be hard to convince anyone this formation (4-3-1-2) is the right one. What's the preferred line up if that's the case?

D: Dolo-Gooch-Boca-Chandler
M: ?-Bradley-Shea
AM: Demsey
F: Jozy-Lando

If you move Lando back to the MF, then you have a question mark at the other forward spot. If Buddle could keep this form he'd be an option. Juan?

If we had a pre-injury Holden, things would be a lot different :[

If I had to pick a squad it at this point, it'll be this:

D: Chandler-Gooch-Boca-Shea/Johnson
M: Donovan-Williams-Bradley-Shea/Johnson
F: Jozy-Dempsey

With Dolo's decreasing playing time at Hannover, I just see him featuring a lot of games in the distant future. It'll be a tricky situation to phase him since he's one of the older statesman. Chandler is just better and he'd be immensely more dangerous at his preferred RB position. Williams should also get some time at midfield. He's never been a winger.

I think Johnson or Shea are capable of manning the left flanks. It should be at least experimented against the cupcakes of CONCACAF.

Spurstro
11-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Leaked photo for 2012-2014 away shirt? Not a fan of this at all.

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/us-mens-national-team-away-shirt-for-2012-2014-leaked-photo-14690

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/media/2011/11/usmnt-away-shirt-2012-2014.jpg

Libri
11-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Brek Shea will like it.

MannyIsGod
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
I think it is bad ass

scott
11-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Absolutely horrid. I can only hope its a prototype or a joke.

Libri
11-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Solid blue shorts, right?

Phenomanul
11-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Leaked photo for 2012-2014 away shirt? Not a fan of this at all.

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/us-mens-national-team-away-shirt-for-2012-2014-leaked-photo-14690

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/media/2011/11/usmnt-away-shirt-2012-2014.jpg

I wonder if the blue shorts or socks will don some white stars... ~50 or so...

Phenomanul
11-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I think it is bad ass

I would agree... too bad we don't get to see it fully...

MannyIsGod
11-18-2011, 06:40 PM
I dunno man, I really like that kit. Or what I can see of it

scott
11-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Looks like where's Waldo. Wtf is there to like about these kits?

Spurstro
11-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Looks like where's Waldo.

Yep.

Typical Nike trying too hard. For the National Team, less is more IMO.

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Full shirt:

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/leaked-usa-nike-home-shirt-2012_13964

I like it but it appears I am alone. If they come out in a beanie and glasses though...

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Full shirt:

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/leaked-usa-nike-home-shirt-2012_13964

I like it but it appears I am alone. If they come out in a beanie and glasses though...

Looks like it's one stripe short... I like it, though....

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 11:13 AM
If you count the 2 partial white stripes at the top and bottom it comes out to 13.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
If you count the 2 partial white stripes at the top and bottom it comes out to 13.

I didn't see a stripe at the bottom... seems to blend into the background...

per the comments on the link... is that faded blue diagonal satch photoshopped?

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 11:16 AM
The description of the kit says its part of the shirt. Seems kind of odd.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Like I said in a previous post, I wonder if each sock will have 20 small stars each (in 2 rows of 10 along the sides) with the shorts having 2 rows of 5 stars along each side... I wonder if that would be disrespectful to the flag...

MannyIsGod
11-22-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't think there will be any stars. Certainly not on the socks.

Phenomanul
11-22-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't think there will be any stars. Certainly not on the socks.

yeah... I guess that would be too unconventional... :lol (13 stripes is about as far as they would go)...

The_Worlds_finest
12-04-2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCZlThGTLqw mean while in the U17 world.

MannyIsGod
12-07-2011, 08:28 PM
BOOM

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-12-07/criticism-of-landon-donovan-born-of-jealousy-ignorance

velik_m
12-08-2011, 12:35 AM
BOOM

http://aol.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2011-12-07/criticism-of-landon-donovan-born-of-jealousy-ignorance

Friedl is right: Donovan is Spanoulis of soccer...

MannyIsGod
12-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Not even close.

Spurstro
12-08-2011, 10:06 AM
Friedel's comment are quite odd...I understand he was praising Dempsey, but there was no need to bring up Donovan at all. Perhaps Friedel was asked a direct question about Donovan, and the author left that part out.

Something must have happened between the two in the past...another Harkes/Wynalda moment?

I, along with most US fans, were disappointed Donovan re-upped in 09. I would have loved to see him play oversees over a long period of time.

Spurstro
12-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Nice article on Clint...

http://theshinguardian.com/2011/12/08/clint-his-haul-the-american-caretaking-at-the-cottage/#more-30499

Muser
12-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Clint is probably my favourite player in football right now. Guy is just a beast.

scott
12-15-2011, 04:42 PM
With Lando headed back to Everton, I'm hopeful his form will be rounding into high gear when WCQ starts.

The downside I see is that it seems unlikely he'd be available for any training with Jurgen until the camp before qualifying starts. He's definitely N/A for the Jan camp now, and you have to wonder about the Feb FIFA date (hopefully he'll be able to get into that camp)

MannyIsGod
12-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Be really surprised if he doesn't go to the Feb date.

Libri
12-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Not a bad stint for Landon if gets to play against ManCity, Chelsea or Liverpool.

Libri
12-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Omar Gonzalez to Club America? Interesting rumor.

MannyIsGod
12-16-2011, 11:38 PM
They may want it, but I doubt Omar wants to go there (I think he's Europe bound) and I doubt they will pay the Galaxy enough to make it happen.

scott
12-17-2011, 12:53 AM
It'll be the only Club America he ever gets to play for... BAAAAABOOOOOOM.

Eh.

Libri
12-17-2011, 06:02 PM
They may want it, but I doubt Omar wants to go there (I think he's Europe bound) and I doubt they will pay the Galaxy enough to make it happen.

America has a ton of money but I agree that it will mostly be whether Omar wants to play there or not.

scott
12-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Camp Cupcake Callups:

GK: Bill Hamid, Sean Johnson, Nick Rimando
DEF: Geoff Cameron, A.J. DeLaGarza, Omar Gonzalez, George John, Zach Loyd, Michael Parkhurst, Heath Pearce
MID: Kyle Beckerman, Ricardo Clark, Benny Feilhaber, Jeff Larentowicz, Brek Shea, Graham Zusi
ATT: Juan Agudelo, Teal Bunbury, C.J. Sapong, Chris Wondolowski

lol Robbie Rodgers not even being invited to Camp Cupcake

Spurologist
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
I like the new callups....but with players like Wondo, Pearce and Loyd, you see just how thin the USMNT is at LB and forward position. I'm most excited about Cameron, Zusi and CJ Sapong.

MannyIsGod
12-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm pleased with the callups which is good as I'm going to this game.

Spurstro
01-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Gonzalez tore is ACL at his first day of practice while on loan at Nurnberg....by a hard tackle from T. Chandler.

ouch.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2012/01/gonzalez-acl-tear.html

Libri
01-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Wow, that's terrible.

Sense
01-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Ooof, down goes Manny's wonder-boy.

Libri
01-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Should have gone to Club America. lol

Just kidding.

MannyIsGod
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
FUCK. There goes our central fucking defense next year. I knew he was hurt but a torn ACL? God damn it. Hello Gooch 2.0.

MannyIsGod
01-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Really sucks to be US fan and see guys that Holden and Omar have these things happen right when they are on the cusp of huge things. This is what Tllong must feel like.

Spurstro
01-13-2012, 11:21 PM
per Grant Wahl twitter...

USA to play Mexico in a friendly at the Azteca in August, says Jurgen Klinsmann.

Spurstro
01-13-2012, 11:23 PM
hostile crowd, heat, altitude, smog.....can't wait.

Libri
01-13-2012, 11:27 PM
per Grant Wahl twitter...

USA to play Mexico in a friendly at the Azteca in August, says Jurgen Klinsmann.

A friendly game that's anything but friendly.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2012, 05:03 AM
I like Jurgen taking the team to hostile environments. :tu

Sense
01-14-2012, 06:10 AM
I think at this point the US needs to play Mexico more than Mexico needs to play the US..

I don't know how the scheduling works but JK wants that win against Mexico.

MannyIsGod
01-14-2012, 07:03 AM
At this point I think JK wants a win against ANYONE. :lol

scott
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I think at this point the US needs to play Mexico more than Mexico needs to play the US..

I don't know how the scheduling works but JK wants that win against Mexico.

No question. While I normally wouldn't advocate such a thing, Mexico could do us a huge solid and send their B team against our A team. I think that first win in Azteca would be big for our confidence.

Muser
01-18-2012, 02:44 PM
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/video_audio/131533.html

:lmao

MannyIsGod
01-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Lol smh

Libri
01-21-2012, 03:06 PM
US Women 14
Dominican Rep 0

:wow

MannyIsGod
01-21-2012, 07:04 PM
Clint with a hat trick!

Libri
01-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Clark scores in stoppage time! Nobody covered him.

Muser
01-22-2012, 07:21 AM
Clint with a hat trick!

He's a top 5 finisher in the EPL easily. Some of those goals were beautiful.

scott
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Manny's Hero, Edson Buddle may be headed back to the LA Galaxy...

...after being cut from his Bundesliga 2 Team.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7525211/edson-buddle-contract-terminated-ingolstadt

MannyIsGod
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
He's back with the Galaxy but he didn't just get "cut". If I read correctly, he was leading the team in goals. Some weird stuff happened back in December as I remember Ives saying he was "sent home" early before their break.

Whatever the situation, its bad ass to have him back. Robbie Keane + Edson Buddle is easily the best foward tandem in the MLS and they only have Becks and Donovan to get the ball. The D is going to be rough without Omar this year but the offense is going to be SO much better.

MannyIsGod
02-01-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm happy Ream is going to the EPL. I think the NYRB are developmental hell for young USMNT playes so hopefully this will be good for him.

scott
02-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Some weird stuff happened back in December as I remember Ives saying he was "sent home" early before their break.

The "weird stuff" that happened was that Buddle was out of shape and a 2nd Division team decided they didn't need his ass anymore.

MannyIsGod
02-02-2012, 01:20 AM
LOL out of shape. He never looked out of shape against Slovenia and he was the team leader in goals. Where the hell is your out of shape source?

You just love to hate on Buddle.

Phenomanul
02-02-2012, 08:49 AM
I thought it was a problem with his work permit...

scott
02-09-2012, 11:28 AM
US v. Brazil confirmed for May 30 at FedEx Field.

Love that Jurgen is scheduling us against top teams... don't love how we'll look versus them. But there should be no excuses on not being tuned up going into WCQ

The_Worlds_finest
02-11-2012, 01:23 AM
just bought 2 tix for the usa vs mexico! going to kick ass!

Sense
02-11-2012, 01:27 AM
just bought 2 tix for the usa vs mexico! going to kick ass!

When is the game? That one is going to be interesting

The_Worlds_finest
02-11-2012, 06:37 AM
its the 29th. its the u23 teams.

scott
02-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Hopefully it gets picked up by TV somewhere. Would be a great day to watch senior team versus Italy in the afternoon, U23 v. Mexico that night.

Sense
02-11-2012, 12:56 PM
Ah yes that same day Mexico plays Colombia

The_Worlds_finest
02-11-2012, 10:22 PM
Its a tough decision to make; watch the game at home then drive to dallas to watch the mex game; or drive up to dallas and watch the mens game then go to the u23 game; first world problems.

MannyIsGod
02-12-2012, 01:58 AM
It will be interesting to see where players like Brek Shea and Juan Agudelo play. I would prefer them with the U23s.

scott
02-12-2012, 03:38 PM
It will be interesting to see where players like Brek Shea and Juan Agudelo play. I would prefer them with the U23s.

Brek with the senior team, Agudelo with the U23s

The_Worlds_finest
02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
rosters released Both with U23; the future will play in Dallas!

MannyIsGod
02-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Its better for both to be with the U23s in order to gel with the team prior to the olympics, IMO.

The_Worlds_finest
02-17-2012, 01:43 AM
Manny I know your a big fan of shea, but i think this mixx diskul kid is going to out play him. Youtube his assist he had against south africa.

MannyIsGod
02-17-2012, 02:05 AM
I know of Mix and I saw that game and assist. I don't ever get to see him play so who knows. I do love me some Brek though.

scott
02-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Lots of promising youngsters on that U23 team. Especially excited to see Corona, Mix, Jeffrey, Gyau and Boyd in action. Morales is starting to get starts for Hertha so I'm really curious about him too.

MannyIsGod
02-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Yeah I have no idea what to expect out of most of that squad since we rarely get to see them play but I am very excited at the promise of this team. US soccer is definitely growing.

scott
02-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Here's the squad versus Italy. Interesting that Boyd got called up from the U-23 camp.

Surprised to not see Gooch on the list.

GOALKEEPERS (3) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (7) : Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)

MIDFIELDERS (6) : Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim)

FORWARDS (5) : Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Edson Buddle (LA Galaxy), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy)

Spurstro
02-23-2012, 11:12 AM
Surprised to not see Gooch on the list.

He just had knee surgery and is out for a couple of months.

scott
02-23-2012, 11:20 AM
He just had knee surgery and is out for a couple of months.

In that case, I'm surprised how out of the loop I am.

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully it isn't a major setback for him. He had really rebounded from that last knee injury.

The_Worlds_finest
02-25-2012, 10:59 AM
USA u23 played sascorpions won 3 0

Libri
02-25-2012, 12:40 PM
USA u23 played sascorpions won 3 0

I will definitely go to some of those Scorpion games.

Libri
02-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Jose Torres got injured, might not play against Italy.

MannyIsGod
02-26-2012, 02:25 AM
ugh

Spurologist
02-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Grant Wahl says Donovan might not play due to flu still I guess. Chandler also injured.

Looks like Kljestan/Shea might be coming into camp.

I hope Klinsi starts Boyd/Altidore up top

scott
02-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Donovan will never play for the USMNT again. [/skyisfallingguy]

IronMaxipad
02-29-2012, 12:02 AM
At what time is the U23 game?

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Donovan will never play for the USMNT again. [/skyisfallingguy]

Dude's got just over one week to get over that shit and be ready to kick the Toronto Lefty's in the ass. I can't believe he's still sick.

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 12:08 AM
Also I'm dissapointed to see Brek with the senior team. I wanted to see him beast all over Mexico's U23 team.

I am happy to see Sasha finally called up though. Jesus Christ, Jurgen. He probably had to hold his nose as he made that call. Fucker.

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Also, can't wait to see Edson Score in this game. :)

Sense
02-29-2012, 12:35 AM
Also I'm dissapointed to see Brek with the senior team. I wanted to see him beast all over Mexico's U23 team.

:rolleyes

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 01:47 AM
:rolleyes

:lol Don't get mad. The Mexico U23s will probably beat us but I can dream, bitch.

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 01:43 PM
Lineup looks good!

The_Worlds_finest
02-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Howard man of the match so far. Shea looking good on d. If altidor was to take a free kick he would flop on the kick. This dude needs to be replaced.

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Altidore playing much stronger in the 2nd half. I agree he was flopping like a fish in the first but his strength led to the goal. 22 minutes to go!

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Bradley has been SO good this game. Edu pretty damn good too. Fabian Johnson looks right at home at LB.

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Allow me to....

LOL ITALY

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 04:44 PM
So, still not very impressed with Danny Williams on the right. Bradley was man of the match. Fabian Johnson gives me lots of hope for the LB position. Dempsey is dempsey and Jozy is growing as a player.

Brek was good early but faded a lot in the 2nd half. Sasha didn't do himself any favors when he came on. Boyd did a few little things well but had some dumb fouls too.

Our central defenders are just not very good. Weakest part of the team right now.

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 04:44 PM
So, still not very impressed with Danny Williams on the right. Bradley was man of the match. Fabian Johnson gives me lots of hope for the LB position. Dempsey is dempsey and Jozy is growing as a player.

Brek was good early but faded a lot in the 2nd half. Sasha didn't do himself any favors when he came on. Boyd did a few little things well but had some dumb fouls too.

Our central defenders are just not very good. Weakest part of the team right now.

MannyIsGod
02-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh, scott asked me to pass something on from him...

"lolitaly"

lefty
03-01-2012, 12:37 AM
Allow me to....

LOL ITALY

The_Worlds_finest
03-01-2012, 04:25 AM
What a game, I was blue in the sea of green, representing the USA fan. All the mexicans shut their mouth after goal number 2.

scott
03-02-2012, 08:45 AM
DOS A CERO!

LOL ITALY!

And the wimmen won too :)

The_Worlds_finest
03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-23-MNT/2012/03/Caleb-Porter-Names-19-Players-to-U23-Training-Camp-Roster.aspx

In my mind sick line upfront Olympics, is this the year of the red white and blue?

scott
03-21-2012, 04:17 PM
http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-23-MNT/2012/03/Caleb-Porter-Names-19-Players-to-U23-Training-Camp-Roster.aspx

In my mind sick line upfront Olympics, is this the year of the red white and blue?

Qualifying starts tomorrow! Unfortunately Josh Gatt got recalled to Molde and Hertha refused to release Alfredo Morales.

scott
03-21-2012, 04:18 PM
Here's the "Official" Qualifying Roster: http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-23-MNT/2012/03/Caleb-Porter-Selects-Official-Roster-for-2012-CONCACAF-Olympic-Qualifying.aspx

GOALKEEPERS (2): Bill Hamid (D.C. United; Annandale, Va.), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire; Lilburn, Ga.)
DEFENDERS (6): Perry Kitchen (D.C. United; Indianapolis, Ind.), Ike Opara (San Jose Earthquakes; Durham, N.C.), Kofi Sarkodie (Houston Dynamo; Huber Heights, Ohio), Zarek Valentin (Montreal Impact; Lancaster, Pa.), Jorge Villafaña (Chivas USA; Anaheim, Calif.), Sheanon Williams (Philadelphia Union; Boston, Mass.)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Freddy Adu (Philadelphia Union; Potomac, Md.), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana; Chula Vista, Calif.), Mix Diskerud (Gent; Oslo, Norway), Jared Jeffrey (Mainz; Richardson, Texas), Amobi Okugo (Philadelphia Union; Sacramento, Calif.), Michael Stephens (LA Galaxy; Naperville, Ill.)
FORWARDS (6): Juan Agudelo (New York Red Bulls; Barnegat, N.J.), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund; Berlin, Germany), Teal Bunbury (Sporting Kansas City; Prior Lake, Minn.), Joe Gyau (Hoffenheim: Silver Spring, Md.), Brek Shea (FC Dallas; Bryan, Texas), Tony Taylor (Estoril Praia, Jacksonville, Fla.)

MannyIsGod
03-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Why isn't Jozy on this roster? I'm really confused about that.

MannyIsGod
03-21-2012, 06:43 PM
N/M. I guess unlike other FIFA things, the clubs don't have to release them for this tournament. Bummer.

scott
03-22-2012, 10:26 AM
N/M. I guess unlike other FIFA things, the clubs don't have to release them for this tournament. Bummer.

Try to keep up, moron.

:)