PDA

View Full Version : Is BET racist?

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-28-2010, 05:40 AM
Is having a channel named BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION racist?
Did any non black performers win at the 2010 BET awards?
How many non blacks are promoted on BET's 106 and Park countdown show?

Is the BET concept racist?

Whisky Dog
06-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Of course it is, you know if there was a White Entertainment Television Al Sharpton would be organizing protest marches.

manufan10
06-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Of course it is, you know if there was a White Entertainment Television Al Sharpton would be organizing protest marches.

This.

xellos88330
06-28-2010, 08:23 AM
As long as minorities choose to seperate themselves from the rest of society, there will always be the outcry of racism.

You can be strong when you stick with your race, but imagine how much stronger you will become when you decide to work together instead of holding everyone else back.

I think that is the only way to really stop racism.

ashbeeigh
06-28-2010, 09:02 AM
And you all call me the racist. Look at this. :lol

fraga
06-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Don't forget Telemundo...or Univision...

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Get over it, do you bitch when crackas dont win the essence awards

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2010, 09:27 AM

Tele, mundo, uni, and visión all don't translate to black. Just letting you know that.

Leetonidas
06-28-2010, 09:36 AM

It's called Fox News brah

boutons_deux
06-28-2010, 09:38 AM
MTV and Cartoon Channel are age-ist. :)

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2010, 09:46 AM
It's called Fox News brah

Hmmm. That's funny. I see more black people on fox than msnbc, but I digress.......

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2010, 09:53 AM
MTV and Cartoon Channel are age-ist. :)

wtf is cartoon channel? And mtv appeals to dumbasses of all ages

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-28-2010, 09:55 AM
It would be if white people couldn't watch it. I used to watch reruns of In Living Color on there.

It's TV. The only rule is to make money. If a company could be profitable with KKKTV they'd find a way to get on the air.

Leetonidas
06-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Hmmm. That's funny. I see more black people on fox than msnbc, but I digress.......

Probably because you're a racist fuck who notices these things.

Leetonidas
06-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Besides wasn't Adam Sandler on BET a couple days ago? He's Jewish as fuck.

mrsmaalox
06-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Last time I saw 106 and Park, Rob Thomas was the guest. I used to watch Everybody Hates Chris on there before it started on Nick at Nite.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Probably because you're a racist fuck who notices these things.

Not really. I'm just observant, but thanks for insinuating. :toast

Leetonidas
06-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Cool story, bro

Spurminator
06-28-2010, 11:12 AM
TV is funded by advertising. Advertising is directed, in part, by demographics. African Americans are a demographic.

Many advertisers have budgets for targeting African American and/or Minority consumers. Thus, it makes sense to have channels specifically for these demographics.

On the other hand, you won't find a lot of advertisers setting aside a Caucasian marketing budget.

Anyway, if you really want White Entertainment Television it's called GAC.

mingus
06-28-2010, 12:54 PM
why would it be racist?

many of the mainstream shows and channels (probably close to 90%) have a white person or people anchoring the shows. mainstream channels are essentially WET, it just goes without saying. whites don't need to create their own channel because they already have one or many.

mingus
06-28-2010, 12:55 PM
comedy central is basically JET.

mingus
06-28-2010, 01:00 PM
my favorite show on BET is Locked Up.

Sisk
06-28-2010, 01:10 PM
It's racist. Period.

So are black universities.. and the NAACP. Anyone saying that "most people on TV are white" - well, isn't most of American white? It's not some crazy coincidence people.

FUBU
NAACP
Black universities
BET

All that shit is racist.

Whisky Dog
06-28-2010, 01:24 PM

Those are for a different language, not race. If it was Ebonics Entertainment Television then you'd have a point.

Stringer_Bell
06-28-2010, 01:27 PM
It's racist. Period.

So are black universities.. and the NAACP. Anyone saying that "most people on TV are white" - well, isn't most of American white? It's not some crazy coincidence people.

FUBU
NAACP
Black universities
BET

All that shit is racist.

I disagree my brotha, the whole point of BET and "historically black colleges" was to expose success and education and inspiration to the young black community. In many cases, black folks that were successful attempted to build institutions (commercial and private) that enabled the community rather than allow them to feel disabled, BET and colleges just two examples.

Now, in these modern times, we're getting further away from the neccessity to have them, but there was a time when they were good. And so, they exist as reminders of the cultural journey and not actual proponents of one race over another.

Also, M&M's rap career has helped bridge the BET Awards ceiling. I'm sure he's won something or performed for them.

PS: Whites can get into Morehouse, they don't discriminate. Try it.

resistanze
06-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Isn't BET owned by white people?

Sisk
06-28-2010, 01:41 PM
I disagree my brotha, the whole point of BET and "historically black colleges" was to expose success and education and inspiration to the young black community. In many cases, black folks that were successful attempted to build institutions (commercial and private) that enabled the community rather than allow them to feel disabled, BET and colleges just two examples.

Now, in these modern times, we're getting further away from the neccessity to have them, but there was a time when they were good. And so, they exist as reminders of the cultural journey and not actual proponents of one race over another.

Also, M&M's rap career has helped bridge the BET Awards ceiling. I'm sure he's won something or performed for them.

Do you realize the whole purpose of the civil rights movement was to disregard color and not have any race have an advantage? MLK wouldn't be for acts such as Affirmative Action and all these Black colleges. All that trash might as well be called "Separate but equal" as far as I'm concerned.

Eminem has never won an award from BET (per his wiki page) - just performed for the first time this year for them. Once. Kind of ruins your point.

I don't care if they are accepting them and aren't discriminating now. What kind of white student is going to want to go to a college that is known for being all black? The amount of racism he or she would receive would be unbearable. Bottom line is: if there were universities that were Pro-White it'd be crucified by the media. To believe otherwise is ignorant.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Did anyone ever break through the color barrier at Hillman?

z0sa
06-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Sure is.

Dark Gable
06-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Did anyone ever break through the color barrier at Hillman?

Yes.

http://popvultures.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/adiffworld.jpg

bus driver
06-28-2010, 01:53 PM

i believe MTV owns it, so the man is even holding BET down. :bang

oh i say BET is racist

Dark Gable
06-28-2010, 01:54 PM

You got that right.

Spurminator
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Bottom line is: if there were universities that were Pro-White it'd be crucified by the media. To believe otherwise is ignorant.

So?

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 01:56 PM

sure is. Owned by Viacom.

DMX7
06-28-2010, 02:00 PM

Are they running from the cops? Or is it just footage Obama with Glenn Beck crying in the background.

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 02:01 PM
What kind of white student is going to want to go to a college that is known for being all black? The amount of racism he or she would receive would be unbearable.

Yeah that poor white kid just might get lynched or maybe tied behind a truck and dragged to death. That's if he doesn't get beaten to death for drinking from the Blacks Only water fountains there.

resistanze
06-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah that poor white kid just might get lynched or maybe tied behind a truck and dragged to death. That's if he doesn't get beaten to death for drinking from the Blacks Only water fountains there.

:lol

resistanze
06-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Do you realize the whole purpose of the civil rights movement was to disregard color and not have any race have an advantage? MLK wouldn't be for acts such as Affirmative Action and all these Black colleges. All that trash might as well be called "Separate but equal" as far as I'm concerned.

MLK was pretty much proponent of affirmative action. If you're going to drop the MLK card at least be historically accurate.

Dark Gable
06-28-2010, 02:12 PM
mlk was pretty much proponent of affirmative action. If you're going to drop the mlk card at least be historically accurate.

+1

DarkReign
06-28-2010, 02:29 PM
Who cares...?

Theyre just hating the things and people theyre supposed to hate.

Stringer_Bell
06-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't care if they are accepting them and aren't discriminating now. What kind of white student is going to want to go to a college that is known for being all black? The amount of racism he or she would receive would be unbearable. Bottom line is: if there were universities that were Pro-White it'd be crucified by the media. To believe otherwise is ignorant.

Brotato, you assume the students would be racists. Have you ever even met a student from a historically black college? If you have, and they were unkind in any way, I can understand your stereotype. But I don't think it's like that, and I don't think it's that big of a deal that white-owned BET caters to a different demographic than white-owned CMT.

It's TV, you can change the channel. I don't like the Weather Channel telling me lies about what the fuck is gonna happen with today's weather, but I'm not asking it answer to me. Fuck them, I just don't watch. :king

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 03:32 PM
BET is racist, of course. But it's not frowned upon because blacks are not in the minority. *shrug*

DarkReign
06-28-2010, 03:55 PM
Uh...I think you meant majority, but sure.

The idea of BET is, IMO, not racist in any way. Cant really justify it beyond my preference for anything that encourages all people to better themselves via themselves.

Does BET do that? Probably not, but it might throw a hat into the ring every now and then, which justifies its existence in my mind.

Kind of like Pastor Manning. Inflammatory and slightly ignorant? Yes. But he consistently preaches community betterment via self-improvement, not government handouts or affirmative action. Sometimes the ends justify the means.

I wouldnt care if 90% of the black population in America was Muslim and militant, so long as they were responsible, tax-paying, law-abiding citizens that dont suck from the government teet, have 8 children with 6 different men, all of whom dont pay child support and an un-wed mother who knowingly has more in an attempt to extract evermore money from the public slush fund.

Jacob1983
06-28-2010, 04:15 PM
This is a losing battle. This issue has been discussed numerous times. You're never going to get any type of compromise or agreeance on this topic. In America, black people are allowed to have their own channels, colleges, holidays, and parades and it's not racist. However, if white people get those things then it's racist. It's just the way it is. It's not right but why argue this? It's pointless. The sad thing is that a lot of black people in America do not actually realize who were the real slave owners in the Civil War era. Filthy rich white people owned slaves during that time period. Affirmative action is another thing that people don't understand. It's racist all around. It assumes that minorities such as black people always need help and are basically helpless and somewhat stupid so they need the white man's help. It also assumes that white people do not need any help because they are white and everything is handed to them on a silver platter. Why aren't minorities offended by affirmative action?

Spurminator
06-28-2010, 04:25 PM
The crux of the argument against BET/black colleges seems to be that white people can't have their own channels and schools. As if that's a bad thing. Do you want those things? Why do you care if there's a channel called Black Entertainment Television? It's not like you can't watch it. Would it make you feel better if they ran a few Dukes of Hazzard reruns during the day to balance things out?

Race Card! Race Card!

Sense
06-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I hate BET.

am I racist?

Sense
06-28-2010, 04:36 PM
And you all call me the racist. Look at this. :lol

You're still racist.

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Uh...I think you meant majority, but sure.

The idea of BET is, IMO, not racist in any way. Cant really justify it beyond my preference for anything that encourages all people to better themselves via themselves.

Does BET do that? Probably not, but it might throw a hat into the ring every now and then, which justifies its existence in my mind.

Kind of like Pastor Manning. Inflammatory and slightly ignorant? Yes. But he consistently preaches community betterment via self-improvement, not government handouts or affirmative action. Sometimes the ends justify the means.

Yes, I meant majority. :)

I would say that BET is racist, simply because it focuses on black people, and does so overtly. Now, they could go about preaching togetherness/love/whatever, and that's great, but it's still racist because they're focusing on a particular race/color of people. I'm not trying to say that racist = negative.

Although I'm not a big fan of self-segregation, I can certainly see why BET exists; it's a rallying point for people in a minority to group together to overcome various slights. Doesn't make it any less "racist" in my eyes, but more "acceptable" than a bunch of whites getting together and starting their own network. When you're on top, it greatly reduces the need to 'band together'.

ploto
06-28-2010, 04:56 PM
It is a network created to air programming and to target advertising toward a certain segment of the population. It is like WE for Women, or Nickelodeon for Kids, or ESPN for sports fans. No one prevents you from watching it if you are white-- just like no one prevents you from watching WE if you are a man or Nick if you are an adult.

Just because something is racial does not make it racist.

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 05:04 PM

You know, you're right; "racial" would be a better word than "racist".

SourCandy
06-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Making music so the white man can make money off you huh. "Run nigga run"

v2freak
06-28-2010, 05:37 PM
MLK was pretty much proponent of affirmative action. If you're going to drop the MLK card at least be historically accurate.

This is a bit off-topic but from what I've read about Dr. King in the past, he was also against gays (due to being a reverend), women's rights and did not believe his words of equality applied to other races? I don't even remember where I read this, can someone confirm/deny this?

Anyway, I don't know if it's racist, but as others have pointed out there is a double standard. If white people wanted to create their own channel and play things that are perceived to be "white", then it would certainly be met with tons of criticism. But most importantly I don't think the existence of BET really hurts anyone, so it's not a big deal. But that doesn't mean it doesn't at least merit discussion.

mingus
06-28-2010, 05:52 PM
why do people assert that if whites had their own channel there would be black outrage? CMT pretty much destroys that argument.

The Reckoning
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
^ Hootie begs to differ

SourCandy
06-28-2010, 06:19 PM
the token ^

z0sa
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
CMT pretty much destroys that argument.

Explain why.

Stringer_Bell
06-28-2010, 06:47 PM
the token ^

Charley Pride was black country before Hootie was singing for the white man's Top 40 Singles Charts.

mingus
06-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Explain why.

because 99% of the show features whites, and it's geared for a certain part of the white population. BET does the same thing, expept for blacks.

there's nothing racist about having a show concentrated on a demographic, as long as the show isn't proclaiming the superiority of that demographic, which neither do.

The Reckoning
06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
because 99% of the show features whites, and it's geared for a certain part of the white population. BET does the same thing, expept for blacks.

there's nothing racist about having a show concentrated on a demographic, as long as the show isn't proclaiming the superiority of that demographic, which neither do.

Black Entertainment?

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 08:21 PM
This is a losing battle. This issue has been discussed numerous times. You're never going to get any type of compromise or agreeance on this topic. In America, black people are allowed to have their own channels, colleges, holidays, and parades and it's not racist. However, if white people get those things then it's racist. It's just the way it is. It's not right but why argue this? It's pointless. The sad thing is that a lot of black people in America do not actually realize who were the real slave owners in the Civil War era. Filthy rich white people owned slaves during that time period. Affirmative action is another thing that people don't understand. It's racist all around. It assumes that minorities such as black people always need help and are basically helpless and somewhat stupid so they need the white man's help. It also assumes that white people do not need any help because they are white and everything is handed to them on a silver platter. Why aren't minorities offended by affirmative action?

crofl

Kamala
06-28-2010, 08:23 PM
I don't know about racist, but it is really bad programming.

Back in the day BET was a great source of R & B music. The show Video Soul with Donnie Simpson showed great videos and had great in depth interviews.

Now it truly sucks in this area. Strangely enough VH1 Soul is really awesome and gives video airplay to R&B artists even though 5 people probably watch it.

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
What's funny is that the same stupid rednecks bitching about BET being racist are probably the same ones joking about the 18 different Tyler Perry shows being on TBS and how it should be renamed The Black Station.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Are they running from the cops? Or is it just footage Obama with Glenn Beck crying in the background.

I said "funny". Not stupid^^^

z0sa
06-28-2010, 09:04 PM
because 99% of the show features whites,

How does that make it "white entertainment television"?

and it's geared for a certain part of the white population.

A "certain" part of the white population, which is a fair enough assumption. A presumably "minority" part of the white population.

Be more specific. What certain demographic is CMT aiming to please?

How does CMT, which is geared towards only a portion of the white demographic, compare with BET, which is aimed at an entire ethnic group?

It's a double standard. It implies that one race can have its own channel celebrating its culture while the others, especially whites IMO, cannot. And the fact it's "black", not African American, implies racism as well. It's a vicious double standard that one race can celebrate the color of their skin while other races (whites, mainly) are shunned and called racists for it.

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 09:08 PM
It's a double standard. It implies that one race can have its own channel celebrating its culture while the others, especially whites IMO, cannot. And the fact it's "black", not African American, implies racism as well. It's a vicious double standard that one race can celebrate the color of their skin while other races (whites, mainly) are shunned and called racists for it.

I'm pretty sure whites celebrate the color of their skin too, just in a different way. This little thing called never getting pulled over by the police.

Spurminator
06-28-2010, 09:09 PM
It's a double standard. It implies that one race can have its own channel celebrating its culture while the others, especially whites IMO, cannot.

Why is this a problem?

z0sa
06-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Why is this a problem?

It's really not, and never will be. Like others have said, one doesn't have to tune in.

That doesn't change any of the facts of the matter.

Spurminator
06-28-2010, 09:18 PM
How does CMT, which is geared towards only a portion of the white demographic, compare with BET, which is aimed at an entire ethnic group?

BET doesn't appeal to all blacks, and isn't geared as such. BET is every bit as targeted in the demographics they're aiming for as CMT is. They obviously skew AA, but they are also targeting a certain age range.

I think your gripe is just with the name of the network. Is it fair to say that if it had the exact same programming, but a different name (for example, TV One), you'd be okay with it?

If BET was a new channel they probably would have given it a different name. But regardless of how you feel about TV diversity today, BET was founded in a time where you'd be hard pressed to argue there was a good amount of programming geared toward blacks. It's been around for over 30 years, and there hasn't really been much need to rebrand it something more palpable to people who aren't tuning in anyway.

mingus
06-28-2010, 09:58 PM
How does that make it "white entertainment television"?

A "certain" part of the white population, which is a fair enough assumption. A presumably "minority" part of the white population.

Be more specific. What certain demographic is CMT aiming to please?

they're both demographics is the point I'm trying to make and it's perfectly reasonable for a station to gear their shows toward a specific demographic. It's perfectly reasonable to advertise or sell something on the basis of a demographic. do rags, for example. you know, I know do rags are geared toward the black population. are you pissed they're not made for whitey, too?

mingus
06-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry Im posting this from my iPhone. fucked that up. My part is the paragraph that ends with "whitey"

InRareForm
06-28-2010, 10:10 PM
I think BET is stupid. I also think white people who complain about BET and the double standard are a bunch of crybabies. Leave the black folk alone, it's just one channel, you motherfukers have every other channel that appeal to white people, so shut your cracker ass up

v2freak
06-28-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm pretty sure whites celebrate the color of their skin too, just in a different way. This little thing called never getting pulled over by the police.

:wtf

spizzle_tronk
06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3h7wxhEuZ1qzobxio1_400.gif

howbouthemspurs
06-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Id rather watch the We channel

Kori Ellis
06-28-2010, 10:53 PM
It is a network created to air programming and to target advertising toward a certain segment of the population. It is like WE for Women, or Nickelodeon for Kids, or ESPN for sports fans. No one prevents you from watching it if you are white-- just like no one prevents you from watching WE if you are a man or Nick if you are an adult.

This is the best explanation in the thread. It would only be "racist" if you had to be black to watch it. As is, it's just a channel geared toward (not exclusively for) a certain demographic.

Sisk
06-28-2010, 11:13 PM
So?

Oh so it's ok when it's anti-white? Nice one.

Oh so we should go back to that? Then it'll be ok?

Come the fuck on..

Sisk
06-28-2010, 11:15 PM
I think BET is stupid. I also think white people who complain about BET and the double standard are a bunch of crybabies. Leave the black folk alone, it's just one channel, you motherfukers have every other channel that appeal to white people, so shut your cracker ass up

Man, you sure hate white people! :lol

Sisk
06-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Why is this a problem?

So since blacks were treated like shit in America's history, we should shit on white people that literally had nothing to do with it?

Remember - no one alive today has ever owned a slave or been a slave. Segregated? Sure, but those entire generations on both sides of the equation are only getting older and for the most part don't benefit from laws such as affirmative action.

Racist.

Dr. Gonzo
06-28-2010, 11:32 PM
So since blacks were treated like shit in America's history, we should shit on white people that literally had nothing to do with it?

Remember - no one alive today has ever owned a slave or been a slave. Segregated? Sure, but those entire generations on both sides of the equation are only getting older and for the most part don't benefit from laws such as affirmative action.

Racist.

You must be white.

Sisk
06-28-2010, 11:36 PM
You must be white.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/sw50sw8sw578.gif

ChuckD
06-28-2010, 11:42 PM

Racist.

This country is basically white owned and dominated. Look at the F500 CEOs. Look at Hollywood. Look at television.

Don't get all butthurt at the minorities because they got something goin' on, and you failed with two huge trump cards in your hand: WHITE MALE

InRareForm
06-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Man, you sure hate white people! :lol

No I don't. I'm half white. I just can't stand some white people, like I just can't stand other annoying people of different races.

z0sa
06-28-2010, 11:47 PM
BET doesn't appeal to all blacks, and isn't geared as such. BET is every bit as targeted in the demographics they're aiming for as CMT is. They obviously skew AA, but they are also targeting a certain age range.

I think your gripe is just with the name of the network. Is it fair to say that if it had the exact same programming, but a different name (for example, TV One), you'd be okay with it?

If BET was a new channel they probably would have given it a different name. But regardless of how you feel about TV diversity today, BET was founded in a time where you'd be hard pressed to argue there was a good amount of programming geared toward blacks. It's been around for over 30 years, and there hasn't really been much need to rebrand it something more palpable to people who aren't tuning in anyway.

you misunderstood, or just got me all wrong. I absolutely take issue with the name, but it's the concept behind it I find racist.

It sucks there wasn't enough pro-African American programming on 30 years ago, but it's time to stop glorifying skin color because no one wants to appear politically incorrect and holding double standards about it for the same reason. It's total bullshit to call anything "certain skin color entertainment". Period. And like I said earlier, I don't have a horse in this race, but it doesn't change the fact it's stupid and it's a double standard that's effectively racist.

I'm all for multiculturalism, and I'm all for being proud of your culture, and I have news for you: having black or white or purple or whatever skin doesn't set you in any certain demographic besides ethnicity, and that could even be a stretch..

Don't you find this kind of approach to be stereotyping? Think of all the different Asian, Latin, European, and African cultures. How could any race be fully represented enough to base a channel entirely on entertaining a certain ethnicity and race?

Sisk
06-28-2010, 11:53 PM
This country is basically white owned and dominated. Look at the F500 CEOs. Look at Hollywood. Look at television.

Don't get all butthurt at the minorities because they got something goin' on, and you failed with two huge trump cards in your hand: WHITE MALE

Got something going on? I'm butthurt? First of all - the majority is white, therefore the majority of these people on television and that "own and dominate" the nation would make sense, right?

Second of all - being a white male in this country literally does nothing beneficial for me. In fact, I'm at a disadvantage. Why? Becuase do we have "Caucasian" scholarships? No, but there are for blacks/latinos/women/etc. If you open a business as anything but a white male, you get tax breaks.

"goin' on" - yeah, I guess being hand fed a job because of your color (affirmative action) makes it easy to have something "goin' on" :rollin

But, I digress and wont get into a mud slinging contest with you because that's clearly your intention.

No I don't. I'm half white. I just can't stand some white people, like I just can't stand other annoying people of different races.

:lmao

Good job shitting on your own race. I love how anyone that is half white totally dismisses their "other half."

Whatever advances you best in society, right? Hell... it worked for Obama pretty well! He knew what he was doing.

MannyIsGod
06-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Sisk - anti white? Whites get shit on? Are you fucking out of your mind? Why the fuck do YOU have to be a part of everything?

Fuck man, I'm going to through the Manny Awards to celebrate all the Mannys in the world and you can't win shit unless you're named Manny but that can't happen because Sisk will be all butt hurt since he's not invited to the party.

Even if BET was racist (its not in the least) maybe you should focus on the much more important aspects of racism in our society such as unequal wealth distribution, disproportionate prison populations, and unequal political representation THEN maybe when minorities have an equal footing on that spectrum we can tackle whether or not we should be worried about the name BET offending you.

Poor fucking Sisk and Poor fucking whitey.

MannyIsGod
06-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Sisk - the majority ye but look up a word, learn it, then apply it to the conversation

DISPROPORTIONATE.

MannyIsGod
06-28-2010, 11:57 PM
LOL and acting like you can only be half black in this country. I here the racists fucks out in East Texas only drag you behind their truck for half the distance if you have a white parent. Or maybe they just go at half the speed. I don't know, I forget.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Sisk is worried about fucking tax breaks as a white male. Amazing. You know, the more I think about it the minorities in this country have it so fucking good. Thats why they're blowing up and dominating everything. I'm not sure how the white male survives. I can understand why Sisk is upset. The while male has the edge in nearly every statistical category, and being perpetual overachievers they just want to dominate tax breaks too. I can respect that.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:06 AM
Sisk - anti white? Whites get shit on? Are you fucking out of your mind? Why the fuck do YOU have to be a part of everything?

I gave a specific example, right? I'm the minority in Texas but affirmative action doesn't apply to me. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Fuck man, I'm going to through the Manny Awards to celebrate all the Mannys in the world and you can't win shit unless you're named Manny but that can't happen because Sisk will be all butt hurt since he's not invited to the party.

I wish there was no affirmative action or any scholarships focused on anyone specifically. Here's a quote for you: "...they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Sound familiar? I swear cause I'm white I say one thing is against whites and all of a sudden there's an assumption I hate all non-whites. Fucking a.

Even if BET was racist (its not in the least) maybe you should focus on the much more important aspects of racism in our society such as unequal wealth distribution, disproportionate prison populations, and unequal political representation THEN maybe when minorities have an equal footing on that spectrum we can tackle whether or not we should be worried about the name BET offending you.

Wealth distribution? Now we're getting into piss poor welfare programs that magnify laziness and and unwillingness to help ones self.

Prison populations? Quit committing crimes.

Political representation? POTUS

Equal footing? I've already named advantages that specifically exclude Caucasian males

Poor fucking Sisk and Poor fucking whitey.

You get so angry so quick. Poor fucking.. well - I wont say a race because A. I don't know what you are and B. It'd be racist for me to insult your race since I'm white, right? :bang

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Sisk is worried about fucking tax breaks as a white male. Amazing. You know, the more I think about it the minorities in this country have it so fucking good. Thats why they're blowing up and dominating everything. I'm not sure how the white male survives. I can understand why Sisk is upset. The while male has the edge in nearly every statistical category, and being perpetual overachievers they just want to dominate tax breaks too. I can respect that.

Yeah, I'm worried about being able to have a good lifestyle - how pathetic of me right? Why would anyone want to try and be successful in life, right? :rolleyes

The Reckoning
06-29-2010, 12:10 AM
y'all need to stop minoritizing the situation.

and btw, you can kiss my white ass :toast

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:13 AM
y'all need to stop minoritizing the situation.

and btw, you can kiss my white ass :toast

I should've just said this and left it at that too. Oh well - now half the people in this thread think I'm in my backyard burning crosses :lol

ChuckD
06-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Got something going on? I'm butthurt? First of all - the majority is white, therefore the majority of these people on television and that "own and dominate" the nation would make sense, right?
There are four black CEOs in the fortune 500. Blacks do NOT make up less than 1% of the population. Seems a bit disproportionate.

Second of all - being a white male in this country literally does nothing beneficial for me. In fact, I'm at a disadvantage. Why? Becuase do we have "Caucasian" scholarships? No, but there are for blacks/latinos/women/etc. If you open a business as anything but a white male, you get tax breaks.
It does nothing for you, because you're a whining loser looking for a handout. Only winners become the CEO, and it really helps if you're a white man. You wasted two aces from your hand by looking at what everyone ELSE has instead of getting ahead. You're a loser. If you're not in a trailer now, you will be.

"goin' on" - yeah, I guess being hand fed a job because of your color (affirmative action) makes it easy to have something "goin' on" :rollin

Happened to whites for years. Didn't see you complaining about THAT.

I guess the blacks decided it wasn't going to happen for them in the mainstream, and started their own thing. VIACOM didn't start BET, they just bought it from it's founder, Robert L. Johnson. He's done a hell of a lot more with his life than you have, you petulant jealous fuck.

But, I digress and wont get into a mud slinging contest with you because that's clearly your intention.

Too late. I've already returned fire.

ChuckD
06-29-2010, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I'm worried about being able to have a good lifestyle - how pathetic of me right? Why would anyone want to try and be successful in life, right? :rolleyes

You have zero chance to ever be successful.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:20 AM
There are four black CEOs in the fortune 500. Blacks do NOT make up less than 1% of the population. Seems a bit disproportionate.

It does nothing for you, because you're a whining loser looking for a handout. Only winners become the CEO, and it really helps if you're a white man. You wasted two aces from your hand by looking at what everyone ELSE has instead of getting ahead. You're a loser. If you're not in a trailer now, you will be.

Happened to whites for years. Didn't see you complaining about THAT.

I guess the blacks decided it wasn't going to happen for them in the mainstream, and started their own thing. VIACOM didn't start BET, they just bought it from it's founder, Robert L. Johnson. He's done a hell of a lot more with his life than you have, you petulant jealous fuck.

Too late. I've already returned fire.

You have zero chance to ever be successful.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Irony? Talking shit to me for looking at what others have done and then going on to mention the founder of BET?

Game. Set. Match.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 12:20 AM
I gave a specific example, right? I'm the minority in Texas but affirmative action doesn't apply to me. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

LOL You're not in the minority you ignorant fuck. Whites make up the largest plurality even when you remove Hispanics from their ranks.

Who controls the money in Texas, Sisk.

I wish there was no affirmative action or any scholarships focused on anyone specifically. Here's a quote for you: "...they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Of course you wish that. You're a fucking white male. You would rather the situation never be fixed. When you hold a group down for generations don't be pissed when they try to pick themselves up. And yeah, you may not have done that to them but it takes time to fix those situations.

Explain to me why even with all these glorious and unfair scholarships why are minorities still disproportionately represented in higher education?

Sound familiar? I swear cause I'm white I say one thing is against whites and all of a sudden there's an assumption I hate all non-whites. Fucking a.

I don't think you hate all non whites and I never said that. I do think you're a butt hurt white male with no historical perspective who is spouting off bullshit because he thinks he's being unfairly treated and ultimately comes off ignorant as fuck.

Wealth distribution? Now we're getting into piss poor welfare programs that magnify laziness and and unwillingness to help ones self.

Who said shit about welfare? You want to shit all over BET but you don't want to talk about why minorities in this country have a disproportionate amount of the wealth? See, you just want to talk about the shit that makes your white male status seem sooooooo bad but when we bring up a legitimate issue you call minorities lazy and unwilling to help themselves.

Now, I just said I didn't think you were racist above, but lets just rehash what you just did.

I bring up wealth inequality. You immediately say that is because minorities are lazy and don't help themselves.

Nevermind, you are fucking racist.

Prison populations? Quit committing crimes.

Obviously blacks are simply more likely to commit crimes, right? Laws have never been harder on them (LOL CRACK COCAINE LAWS) and they have never been subject to lack of legal protection, they simply commit more crimes.

Damn you dug your racist hole pretty damn fast.

Political representation? POTUS

Oh, well then the lack of adequate representation and gerrymandering of congressional districts is OK because Obama was elected. MY BAD!

Equal footing? I've already named advantages that specifically exclude Caucasian males

LOL and they fucking pale in comparison when you look at the advantages white males have. You're a fucking joke.

You get so angry so quick. Poor fucking.. well - I wont say a race because A. I don't know what you are and B. It'd be racist for me to insult your race since I'm white, right? :bang

I shouldn't have called you whitey. That was wrong of me. It doesn't matter if you're purple, green, brown, or white.

No, what matters is that you're completely fucking ignorant.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 12:23 AM

BET is preventing you from being successful?
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Poor white man Sisk being held down by his oppressors - the minorities armed with their affirmative action scholarships.

The Reckoning
06-29-2010, 12:26 AM
kiss it. you know you want to. kiss my ass.

:convertib

ChuckD
06-29-2010, 12:27 AM

Irony? Talking shit to me for looking at what others have done and then going on to mention the founder of BET?

Game. Set. Match.

You're disparaging others for what they have that you don't. I'm lauding others for what they've done. You're a retard, though, and probably won't even see the distinction when it's shoved right in your face.

Palm Harbor has double wides on sale. Better hurry and get your tornado-rider.

mingus
06-29-2010, 12:29 AM
it's clear some of the posters qualify to be featured on Retard Entertainment Television.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 12:30 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iPu7mUB2-Rs/Rnp6qBBDeXI/AAAAAAAAAKA/OIp8sNsesdQ/s400/cartoon4.png

InRareForm
06-29-2010, 12:30 AM
you are a joke sisk, log off.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:33 AM
LOL You're not in the minority you ignorant fuck. Whites make up the largest plurality even when you remove Hispanics from their ranks.

Who controls the money in Texas, Sisk.

Of course you wish that. You're a fucking white male. You would rather the situation never be fixed. When you hold a group down for generations don't be pissed when they try to pick themselves up. And yeah, you may not have done that to them but it takes time to fix those situations.

Explain to me why even with all these glorious and unfair scholarships why are minorities still disproportionately represented in higher education?

I don't think you hate all non whites and I never said that. I do think you're a butt hurt white male with no historical perspective who is spouting off bullshit because he thinks he's being unfairly treated and ultimately comes off ignorant as fuck.

Who said shit about welfare? You want to shit all over BET but you don't want to talk about why minorities in this country have a disproportionate amount of the wealth? See, you just want to talk about the shit that makes your white male status seem sooooooo bad but when we bring up a legitimate issue you call minorities lazy and unwilling to help themselves.

Now, I just said I didn't think you were racist above, but lets just rehash what you just did.

I bring up wealth inequality. You immediately say that is because minorities are lazy and don't help themselves.

Nevermind, you are fucking racist.

Obviously blacks are simply more likely to commit crimes, right? Laws have never been harder on them (LOL CRACK COCAINE LAWS) and they have never been subject to lack of legal protection, they simply commit more crimes.

Damn you dug your racist hole pretty damn fast.

Oh, well then the lack of adequate representation and gerrymandering of congressional districts is OK because Obama was elected. MY BAD!

LOL and they fucking pale in comparison when you look at the advantages white males have. You're a fucking joke.

I shouldn't have called you whitey. That was wrong of me. It doesn't matter if you're purple, green, brown, or white.

No, what matters is that you're completely fucking ignorant.

Here, I'll start cussing every other fucking word so it's finally fucking even. Give me a fucking break. Fuck.

You've generalized more in this fucking post than I have all fucking thread. Are you serious? "Cause you're white" and all this bullshit. Really? Come on. Look in a mirror.

Takes time to fix those situations? I know many people that have gone from poor to successful. Collecting a check every month from doing nothing isn't am motivator - I know people that have done this as well, it's not pretty.

I don't know why they're not equally represented - but it's not secret there are race-specific scholarships that aren't for white people. I'm not saying there should be, either. There should be scholarships for the best students. PERIOD.

Here, do me a favor, and don't dodge this one. WHEN DID I BRING UP RACE ONCE WHEN MENTIONING WELFARE? You brought up wealth distribution which was poor in this country (this transcends race, as there are huge issues with wealth distribution that ignore race). Here's a statistic for you: "Even though the poverty rate for whites is lower than for other groups, because whites make up the largest share of the population, nearly half of the poor (46 percent) were non-Hispanic whites."

Wealth inequality transcends race, and it's because of shit programs like welfare that allow ALL RACES to be lazy fucks.

So, anti-drug laws are targeted against blacks? You're starting to sound racist yourself.

Either way, people of any race shouldn't be fucking dealing drugs. Don't break the fucking law.

You talked about tax breaks when I said the successful comment - not one word about BET. Way to fucking own yourself.

z0sa
06-29-2010, 12:34 AM

Game. Set. Match.

Just give it up. You're arguing from an angle that's been proven wrong, empirically. The majority of minorities (lol) today are born into families that are socioeconomically disadvantaged compared with whites, and that's after a generation of supposedly "evil" affirmative action. There's a reason these things were put in place, and it's not (just) because the predominantly white government felt sorry for being an asshole racist all those years.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:35 AM
you are a joke sisk, log off.

At least I don't hate half of myself :downspin:

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Just give it up. You're arguing from an angle that's been proven wrong, empirically. The majority of minorities (lol) today are born into families that are socioeconomically disadvantaged compared with whites, and that's after a generation of supposedly "evil" affirmative action. There's a reason these things were put in place, and it's not (just) because the predominantly white government felt sorry for being an asshole racist all those years.

Sure, I agree there are disadvantages. But the society of dropping out of school isn't going to help anyone. Affirmative action only helps when students are willing to take advantage. If drop out rates could be reduced there would be a drastic change in society. Instead, we just keep blindly throwing money instead of helping the situation at hand.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:38 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_iPu7mUB2-Rs/Rnp6qBBDeXI/AAAAAAAAAKA/OIp8sNsesdQ/s400/cartoon4.png

I guess we should start going after the Africans relatives in Africa who helped sell the slaves to the Americans :wow

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Here, I'll start cussing every other fucking word so it's finally fucking even. Give me a fucking break. Fuck.

I don't give a fuck. I'm capable of holding intelligent conversations with the word fuck interlaced in every fucking sentence.

You've generalized more in this fucking post than I have all fucking thread. Are you serious? "Cause you're white" and all this bullshit. Really? Come on. Look in a mirror.

I just shaved a few minutes ago. I wasn't white in that mirror but it might be an affirmative action mirror designed to make me feel better about myself.

Takes time to fix those situations? I know many people that have gone from poor to successful. Collecting a check every month from doing nothing isn't am motivator - I know people that have done this as well, it's not pretty.

Oh you know people that have gone form poor to successful? Thats amazing. Completely irrelevant but amazing.

I don't know why they're not equally represented

In that little white brain of yours did you ever think to wonder about it and maybe look into it? Did you think it might be important to consider when thinking about if they're going to get laws and money allocation equally as others who are more represented?

Take a look at 1960s San Antonio politics and then take a look at the infrastructure of the city today. Its not fucking wonder that all the money went to the north (white) sides while middle class Hispanic neighborhoods were taken down for 281 and other highway projects and that primarily Hispanic neighborhoods on the south and west sides and black neighborhoods on the East side today are severely lacking in comparable infrastructure.

Maybe before bitching about scholarships that in the long term amount to jack shit (and aren't even provided by the government but by private trusts and foundations) you should pay closer attention to shit like this instead of just pleading ignorance.

- but it's not secret there are race-specific scholarships that aren't for white people. I'm not saying there should be, either. There should be scholarships for the best students. PERIOD.

The best students were disproportionately white (still are) so then you just perpetuate the same shit. White students get more money white students stay on top and Sisk is happy. Sucks for the minorities who get left behind though. Obviously their own fault

Here, do me a favor, and don't dodge this one. WHEN DID I BRING UP RACE ONCE WHEN MENTIONING WELFARE? You brought up wealth distribution which was poor in this country (this transcends race, as there are huge issues with wealth distribution that ignore race). Here's a statistic for you: "Even though the poverty rate for whites is lower than for other groups, because whites make up the largest share of the population, nearly half of the poor (46 percent) were non-Hispanic whites."

Sisk, I know you're stupid but you don't even realize when you're spouting off statistics that don't support what you're saying. Its fucking mind boggling.

You just gave me a statistic that tells you that although they make up a larger portion of the population whites only make up 46% of the people under the poverty line and you somehow think that supports your position?

If whites (without Hispanics) make up 65% of this country and yet only make up 46% of the people under the poverty line how in the fuck does that help your position Sisk? I mean I don't even know what you want me to say to this.

Your right, the evil of the affirmative action scholarships and BET is completely represented by the fact that whites are underrepresented as poor in this nation.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Wealth inequality transcends race, and it's because of shit programs like welfare that allow ALL RACES to be lazy fucks.

Oh, so poor people are just lazy. Ok, racist but also classist. Nice!

So, anti-drug laws are targeted against blacks? You're starting to sound racist yourself.

Um, explain to me why the penalties for crack cocaine possession were harsher than those for regular cocaine possession then? One was used predominately by blacks, the other wasn't. I'm open to your knowledgeable response at any fucking time, Sisk.

Either way, people of any race shouldn't be fucking dealing drugs. Don't break the fucking law.

But if black people get caught doing it they should face harsher penalties, right?

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Sure, I agree there are disadvantages. But the society of dropping out of school isn't going to help anyone. Affirmative action only helps when students are willing to take advantage. If drop out rates could be reduced there would be a drastic change in society. Instead, we just keep blindly throwing money instead of helping the situation at hand.

I'm starting to think you're like an ANGRY OPPRESSED WHITE GUY DOLL that when you pull the string in the back you play one of many Rush Limbaugh talking points that make absolutely no sense.

Do you come with any accessories?

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 12:53 AM
I guess we should start going after the Africans relatives in Africa who helped sell the slaves to the Americans :wow

Ok? See my doll comment.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 12:53 AM
Ok - seriously? "Little white brain"

"I know you're stupid"

This has passed any logical conversation. Personal insults, when you know nothing about my personal life, is what this has become.

This is over with. I'm not going to exchange petty derogatory insults with you. I'm all for discussing these issues in a respectful way and I've responded to one already, obviously that was my mistake. Now it's just getting ridiculous.

Enjoy your discussion.

Jacob1983
06-29-2010, 12:54 AM
White people have been the victims of racism just as much as black people have. Ever heard of the Holocaust?

BET is a joke just like MTV, MTV2, and VH1 are. All of those channels are suppose to be music video channels or at least have something to do with music. The shows are basically reality tv channels now. And the sad thing is that a lot of the so-called reality tv shows on MTV, VH1, and BET are fake and scripted.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 12:58 AM
Ok - seriously? "Little white brain"

"I know you're stupid"

This has passed any logical conversation. Personal insults, when you know nothing about my personal life, is what this has become.

This is over with. I'm not going to exchange petty derogatory insults with you. I'm all for discussing these issues in a respectful way and I've responded to one already, obviously that was my mistake. Now it's just getting ridiculous.

Enjoy your discussion.

I didn't realize your white skin was so thin.
:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

No wonder BET was able to get under it so fast. Fucking pussy.

mingus
06-29-2010, 12:59 AM
White people have been the victims of racism just as much as black people have. Ever heard of the Holocaust?

BET is a joke just like MTV, MTV2, and VH1 are. All of those channels are suppose to be music video channels or at least have something to do with music. The shows are basically reality tv channels now. And the sad thing is that a lot of the so-called reality tv shows on MTV, VH1, and BET are fake and scripted.

mmmkay.

mingus
06-29-2010, 01:01 AM
Manny is a racist because he has a white dude in his avatar. he should have EVERY race in his avatar.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 01:02 AM
I didn't realize your white skin was so thin.
:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed:depressed

No wonder BET was able to get under it so fast. Fucking pussy.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ManuTP9
I don't think BET is racist, Eminem perfromed last night at the BET awards and the show 106 and park always has numerous white actors on that show.

MannyIsGod
Because you obviously can't hold your own in an intelligent discussion and have to fling comments my way, that makes me a pussy?

do you live in san antonio????

LMAO look at Sisk getting all butthurt in the thread because I wrecked his ignorant ass but then running to PMs and getting Ehard.

So good.

Yes, Sisk - you're a pussy if you find some insults so distracting and hurtful that you can't debate the facts because of them.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 01:04 AM
Ha - I was waiting for you to be a pussy and not respond

Nice hat in your profile btw - were you crying while you were playing?

Lets just talk shit to each other and act like e-thugs. Fucking moron.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Clean your room tbh

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I was crying because for a second I thought I was a poor oppressed white man named Sisk. Thats was my GFs room btw. I don't clean it for her because I'm a lazy minority.

All of a sudden you're back. See, you have no fortitude. One second you're leaving the thread the next you're back because I called out your manhood. You're too fucking easy to play.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Yeah, I was crying because for a second I thought I was a poor oppressed white man named Sisk. Thats was my GFs room btw. I don't clean it for her because I'm a lazy minority.

All of a sudden you're back. See, you have no fortitude. One second you're leaving the thread the next you're back because I called out your manhood. You're too fucking easy to play.

Look, I don't speak Spanish...

Sisk
06-29-2010, 01:09 AM
http://radiosfx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/anchorman.jpg

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 01:09 AM
The more I think about it, LOL @ dirty room smack after you go looking through my profile. I got you so upset that you started to estalk me. Thats so good.

Sisk, don't be mad at me. I know its easy to direct your anger at me because it may look like I'm the minority holding you back from greatness, but really its your complete and utter ignorance combined with being a complete pussy that holds you back.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 01:11 AM
The more I think about it, LOL @ dirty room smack after you go looking through my profile. I got you so upset that you started to estalk me. Thats so good.

Sisk, don't be mad at me. I know its easy to direct your anger at me because it may look like I'm the minority holding you back from greatness, but really its your complete and utter ignorance combined with being a complete pussy that holds you back.

No habla...

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 01:26 AM

holy fuck

z0sa
06-29-2010, 01:32 AM
holy fuck

:lol

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 01:37 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I didn't bother to scroll down, so I'm sure someone already has commented on this but I'm still awed at its....its......holy shit I can't even think of an adjective that describes this quote.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 01:38 AM
:lol good I'm not the only person who noticed it

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 01:40 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I didn't bother to scroll down, so I'm sure someone already has commented on this but I'm still awed at its....its......holy shit I can't even think of an adjective that describes this quote.

the best I could do was "holy fuck"

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 01:41 AM
it hurts my brain to comprehend how many mistakes can be made and how much stupidity can be expressed in just two sentences.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 01:47 AM

the best I could do was "holy fuck"

After reading that so many thoughts rushed through my head I was mindfucked and the best I could do was laugh at the quote. After digesting all that quote has to offer, I'm just wondering what the hell a mother can ingest during her pregnancy that results in someone capable of providing the internet with that statement.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 01:47 AM
it hurts my brain to comprehend how many mistakes can be made and how much stupidity can be expressed in just two sentences.

:lmao that sums my response to that post up in a nutshell, I'm seriously getting a headache trying to think about it.

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 01:49 AM

After reading that so many thoughts rushed through my head I was mindfucked and the best I could do was laugh at the quote. After digesting all that quote has to offer, I'm just wondering what the hell a mother can ingest during her pregnancy that results in someone capable of providing the internet with that statement.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 01:55 AM
Good, the god father (Jacob1983) viewing thread. If he can deliver something with half as much "it" as this masterpiece I can truly die in peace.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Dammit he's no longer viewing thread.

Jacob1983
06-29-2010, 01:58 AM
I know that no one will believe me when I say this but I was being sarcastic when I said "ever heard of the Holocaust". I was trying to make a point about how some black people bitch about how their ancestors suffered so badly from racism yet have no idea how bad some white people aka the Jews had it during the Holocaust. The suffering that the Jews went through during the Holocaust was way worse in my opinion than what the slaves went through during the Civil War era in America. Just my opinion though.

z0sa
06-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Jacob1983, I suggest you wiki 'holocaust' and explore some of the motives behind it before things really start spiraling out of control.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 02:02 AM
I know that no one will believe me when I say this but I was being sarcastic when I said "ever heard of the Holocaust". I was trying to make a point about how some black people bitch about how their ancestors suffered so badly from racism yet have no idea how bad some white people aka the Jews had it during the Holocaust. The suffering that the Jews went through during the Holocaust was way worse in my opinion than what the slaves went through during the Civil War era in America. Just my opinion though.

So much unintentional comedy here.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 02:02 AM
Jacob1983, I suggest you wiki 'holocaust' and explore some of the motives behind it before things really start spiraling out of control.

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 02:05 AM
nothing worse than some hardcore white on white racism.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2010, 02:06 AM
LOL, this thread just got interesting..

Jim_Rome
06-29-2010, 02:08 AM

PHEnominal. INcredible. Absolutely RIdiculous.

After dropping one BOMBshell about the holocaust being racism against white people, Jacob, the 26 year old virgin, goes on to explain the quote by accidentally embarrassing himself dropping another bombshell.

atlfan25
06-29-2010, 02:11 AM
White Jew persecution FTGDW

Jacob1983
06-29-2010, 02:14 AM
So when will my execution be?

For the record, the information about my age and sex life in the post above is incorrect.

Staff Sgt. Dignam
06-29-2010, 02:16 AM

After dropping one BOMBshell about the holocaust being racism against white people, Jacob, the 26 year old virgin, goes on to explain the quote by accidentally embarrassing himself dropping another bombshell.

Who let this IRA motherfucker get a hold of my password to Rome?

dickface
06-29-2010, 02:16 AM
For the record, the information about my age and sex life in the post above is incorrect.

Axl Rose
06-29-2010, 02:18 AM
Immigrants and faggots
They make no sense to me
They come to our country
And think they'll do as they please
Like start some mini Iran
Or spread some fucking disease
They talk so many goddamn ways
It's all greek to me

Will Hunting
06-29-2010, 02:19 AM
Who let this IRA motherfucker get a hold of my password to Rome?

Lookit, the same hump who has the password to Staff Sgt. Dignam is the fuckstick who you also gave the password to Jim_Rome.

Staff Sgt. Dignam
06-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Lookit, the same hump who has the password to Staff Sgt. Dignam is the fuckstick who you also gave the password to Jim_Rome.

If I was a psychiatrist, I'd ask you why you were a fucking jerkoff who hacks passwords, and I think if I was Sigmund fucking Freud, I wouldn't get an answer. So tell me, what's a lace-curtain motherfucker like you doing jacking passwords?

Will Hunting
06-29-2010, 02:27 AM
If I was a psychiatrist, I'd ask you why you were a fucking jerkoff who hacks passwords, and I think if I was Sigmund fucking Freud, I wouldn't get an answer. So tell me, what's a lace-curtain motherfucker like you doing jacking passwords?

Listen queer bait, you gave me the passwords when we went to kindergarden together.

jaffies
06-29-2010, 02:33 AM
white people aka the Jews

The Reckoning
06-29-2010, 02:43 AM
well jews control seinfeld, so he has a point (kind of :lol)

while yall are too busy worrying about your race/judaism, you can kiss my white ass working hard for my

:convertib........

wouldn't be surprised if jews control BET anyhow. jokes on you, minori-Ts.

:greedy

looked it up and it's owned by Viacom now. figures.

Viacom ceo is philippe dauman. whos jewish. didjewknow about 48% of US billionaires are Jews?

v2freak
06-29-2010, 03:01 AM
:wow at how easily angered Manny and ChuckD are. And
:rolleyes at the people who run out of things to say so they pad their posts with something derrogatory. I've never been big on that, well except when I was in 6th grade and I would call someone a fruit (it was the cool thing to say at the time) just to piss that person off.

I'm not white so I "have no horse in this race", nor am I black. But I'd like to think I can weigh in on this a bit. I don't think whites have experienced as much prejudice but trends do seem to be reversing. I hear "white boy" thrown around a lot. I'm a fan of rap battle and any time a white guy says anything, it is almost always met with some discriminating remark about white people.

Similarly, I did not receive any kind of scholarship for my race. My university offers this McNair's scholars program that is only awarded to certain minorities or first generation college students. I was pretty disappointed by this, so I looked around to see what other scholarships there were for someone of my mixed ethnicity. There weren't too many, so it's loans for me.

My take: white people may be at a closer starting point to the end of the race than minorities, but it's like minorities have a crutch to help them when their feet start to get tired. If you're a minority and in unpleasant circumstances, you're probably really pissed off that someone else has it better either because they worked hard or cause they were born into it. If you're a white person, you're probably pissed you have to work harder than others to yield the same result due to racial differences.

But in any event, to assume Sisk is a lazy white person is unreasonable to me, as were the posts that began dropping racial stereotypes left and right either for argument or sarcasm.

Veterinarian
06-29-2010, 04:54 AM

lol, he's going to "through" the Manny awards.

Skywalker
06-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Celebrating one's race is different than hating on another.

It is a fine line though, and although it would be best to have a network bring more unity to all races, we have to expect that there are numerous niche networks in existence and BET is just another in a long line trying to get and keep ratings.

They started out well, wanting to be a positive cultural impact on young African-Americans, and went through tough times too, when trying their best to censor profane videos and thusly receiving backlash from certain artists.

It's now owned by VIACOM anyhow, but I admire the fact that BET continues to try its best to give young African-Americans a positive influence with their programming and censors much of the junk.

The biggest problem for the African-American community is the poor choices for role models that many of the youth have put in front of them. This is not exclusive to the African-American community though. It's an epidemic across all races with visual access to junk that praises money, exploits women, and glorifies violence.

Skywalker
06-29-2010, 06:31 AM
LOL and acting like you can only be half black in this country. I here the racists fucks out in East Texas only drag you behind their truck for half the distance if you have a white parent. Or maybe they just go at half the speed. I don't know, I forget.

"No dark sarcasm, in the classroom..."

Skywalker
06-29-2010, 06:46 AM
After reading this thread, it is apparent that many of you have let segregation and hatred infiltrate your hearts. You may have let this happen and feel that you are fighting in the name of justice, but you have just lowered yourself to the level of that which you claim to fight against.

Rise above. We are all in the same boat. To problem solve, we must look at root cause and not just focus on the end result. I was watching intervention yesterday, a few episodes, and all the families would focus on is the substance abuse. Never, what caused this to happen? Always the same answer. Lack of love from where the lost sought it most. The pain turns to hate. Hate perpetuates the cycle of disaster.

Break the cycle. Do it in your own life. If you can't do it in your own life, you have no business preaching for others to do it in theirs. Lead by example. Not by just words.

Words are meaningless and easily forgotten. Actions stand the test of time my friends.

Have a good day.

dickface
06-29-2010, 07:23 AM
After reading this thread, it is apparent that many of you have let segregation and hatred infiltrate your hearts. You may have let this happen and feel that you are fighting in the name of justice, but you have just lowered yourself to the level of that which you claim to fight against.

Rise above. We are all in the same boat. To problem solve, we must look at root cause and not just focus on the end result. I was watching intervention yesterday, a few episodes, and all the families would focus on is the substance abuse. Never, what caused this to happen? Always the same answer. Lack of love from where the lost sought it most. The pain turns to hate. Hate perpetuates the cycle of disaster.

Break the cycle. Do it in your own life. If you can't do it in your own life, you have no business preaching for others to do it in theirs. Lead by example. Not by just words.

Words are meaningless and easily forgotten. Actions stand the test of time my friends.

Have a good day.

shut up, hippie.

ChuckD
06-29-2010, 07:47 AM
The biggest problem for the African-American community is the poor choices for role models that many of the youth have put in front of them. This is not exclusive to the African-American community though. It's an epidemic across all races with visual access to junk that praises money, exploits women, and glorifies violence.

No one "puts" those role models in front of them. You think somehow music videos became black culture? You've got that just exactly backwards.

There are four black CEOs in the Fortune 500. There are probably four drug dealers fighting over every good corner to sell drugs on every block in every neighborhood in every city in every state in this country. Now, you tell me what the odds say a little black kid is going to become.

My wealth has come from a combination of living in America, some lucky genes, and compound interest. Both my children and I won what I call the ovarian lottery. (For starters, the odds against my 1930 birth taking place in the U.S. were at least 30 to 1. My being male and white also removed huge obstacles that a majority of Americans then faced.)

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 08:22 AM
lol, he's going to "through" the Manny awards.

You missed where I "here" something.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 08:33 AM
:wow at how easily angered Manny and ChuckD are. And
:rolleyes at the people who run out of things to say so they pad their posts with something derrogatory. I've never been big on that, well except when I was in 6th grade and I would call someone a fruit (it was the cool thing to say at the time) just to piss that person off.

Yeah sorry, but I'm not going to seriously try to get to someone who is claiming his burden as a white male is so damn severe and is due to white owned institutions like BET existing combined with "affirmative action scholarships".

I'm not white so I "have no horse in this race", nor am I black. But I'd like to think I can weigh in on this a bit. I don't think whites have experienced as much prejudice but trends do seem to be reversing. I hear "white boy" thrown around a lot. I'm a fan of rap battle and any time a white guy says anything, it is almost always met with some discriminating remark about white people.

Saying that white people experience prejudice because rap battles make fun of white people is some more mind blowing shit. I guarantee you that for every white boy insult in a rap battle there is some smoky room with a bunch of rich white males complaining about those "lazy wetbecks" or "crackhead ######s" who are taking over this country.

Similarly, I did not receive any kind of scholarship for my race. My university offers this McNair's scholars program that is only awarded to certain minorities or first generation college students. I was pretty disappointed by this, so I looked around to see what other scholarships there were for someone of my mixed ethnicity. There weren't too many, so it's loans for me.

I really doubt you couldn't find scholarships that you were eligible for based upon race if you have mixed ethnicity unless that mixed ethnicity contains no minority backgrounds.

My take: white people may be at a closer starting point to the end of the race than minorities, but it's like minorities have a crutch to help them when their feet start to get tired. If you're a minority and in unpleasant circumstances, you're probably really pissed off that someone else has it better either because they worked hard or cause they were born into it. If you're a white person, you're probably pissed you have to work harder than others to yield the same result due to racial differences.
[quote]

I don't know what every white person or every minority feels but I do know that white people have the wealth in this country. The race is most definitely not even even and ever sociological stat in the book backs that up.

[quote]
But in any event, to assume Sisk is a lazy white person is unreasonable to me, as were the posts that began dropping racial stereotypes left and right either for argument or sarcasm.

Oh I don't know if he's lazy, I just know that he's stupid and that he gets offended by being called whitey.

Drachen
06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Why does everything bad have to be named "Black" or "Dark"? I bet some white scientist named this station.

timvpimp
06-29-2010, 08:55 AM
Why does everything bad have to be named "Black" or "Dark"? I bet some white scientist named this station.
nope, sorry but most odious things are more associated to the dusty race than any other race you know, as far as i know.

Skywalker
06-29-2010, 09:38 AM
No one "puts" those role models in front of them. You think somehow music videos became black culture? You've got that just exactly backwards.

There are four black CEOs in the Fortune 500. There are probably four drug dealers fighting over every good corner to sell drugs on every block in every neighborhood in every city in every state in this country. Now, you tell me what the odds say a little black kid is going to become.

Debating chicken or the egg serves no purpose. Fact of the matter is that there are many innocent children being exposed to this everyday. However, parents are ultimately accountable for being proper role models for their children. Unfortunately, with so many broken families, across all races, there is often one parent missing altogether while the other works an overabundance of hours to make ends meat and provide for survival. The love can often get lost in the process. As elementary as it sounds, the hugs, the kisses, the proper guidance for our children gets lost as too many serve money as their God instead of Love. I cannot blame those working to provide the bare essentials. They are put behind the 8ball from the start. However choosing better partners with which to have children is something totally in everyone's control.

Lost children therefore look to the closest source of affection, without regard for if the influence is positive or negative. Negative influences are pseudo affection, but without the proper guidance, the children are not wise enough to know the difference.

Once indoctrinated, it is often too late. And the cycle continues.

Drachen
06-29-2010, 09:47 AM
nope, sorry but most odious things are more associated to the dusty race than any other race you know, as far as i know.

Actually, this was a jab at the "Hallmark is racist" thread while calling BET bad at the same time.

It was a sarcastic remark, I was sure someone would notice and laugh.

Dusty race??

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-29-2010, 09:49 AM
I've had trouble sleeping ever since failing to make the first team around here. I'll be damned if I'm going to miss out on winning a Manny Award.

Soul_Patch
06-29-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey, I'm curious why the fault has to lie elsewhere for those minority students who are "disproportionately" underachieving in school? Btw, i dont know that they are, i am only going by what you had said previously, Manny.

If i took 1000 kids and 400 white kids made A's and B's, 200 "minority" kids made A's and B's and 400 kids of all colors completely failed...who's fault is that, other than the kids who failed (and maybe their parents)? Are you assuming that the minority kids are some how at a disadvantage? If so, why? Do they really need to have tools to put them on an even ground to achieve the same grades, or ability to get higher education?

I always thought minority scholarships are pretty much perpetrating a segregation type attitude, but I'm curious to hear from "the horses mouth" so to speak. Not meaning anything derogatory, only that Manny, you seem to be up to par on your knowledge of this subject, so id like your view on it.

Why do you feel any student should be given special consideration on scholarships based on their ethnicity? Why would your ethnicity put you at a disadvantage in study habits and the ability to achieve good grades?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/06/12/us_may_deport_harvard_student/

This kid seems to blow most of the assumptions out of the water. I'm sure there are other examples like him, but this just comes to mind first.

Just so its clear, I think all scholarships and schools need to completely ignore race as a deciding factor. If you want a scholarship, you should tailor your study habits and grades to have the best chance to win said scholarship...Hell, take the names off of the applications so the reviewers only have the kids stats to go by to make decisions...race should play no part in it, as i don't want a lazy white kid to get a free ride to school, just as i wouldn't want a lazy ANY OTHER race getting a free ride based on some arbitrary statistic...wouldn't you agree?

Dark Gable
06-29-2010, 10:11 AM
why does everything bad have to be named "black" or "dark"? I bet some white scientist named this station.

+1

CuckingFunt
06-29-2010, 10:27 AM

Racist.

How are white people being shit upon due to the existence of BET?

How are white people being shit upon at all?

Also, the affirmative action shit that keeps being thrown around in this thread is ignorant. Affirmative action is not a black/white thing, and has never been. Since its inception, affirmative action has been far more beneficial to women of all colors than it has been to blacks or any other race.

CuckingFunt
06-29-2010, 10:34 AM

You have not a single clue what you're talking about.

Literally.

Not one.

Spurminator
06-29-2010, 10:44 AM

Because I paid for 300 channels, dammit, but because BET is for black people I'm really only getting 299!

resistanze
06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
I was going to make a serious post but then:

LOL!

Dark Gable
06-29-2010, 10:50 AM

Also, the affirmative action shit that keeps being thrown around in this thread is ignorant. Affirmative action is not a black/white thing, and has never been. Since its inception, affirmative action has been far more beneficial to women of all colors than it has been to blacks or any other race.

Spot on!!

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2010, 10:53 AM

which is why it needs to get gone

Dark Gable
06-29-2010, 10:56 AM
which is why it needs to get gone

You need to get laid and get over your hatred of women.

Fpoonsie
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
:king

CuckingFunt
06-29-2010, 11:08 AM

This.

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2010, 11:13 AM

women are a-not a minority b-get paid less than a man to do the same job. Also I don't hate women

Drachen
06-29-2010, 11:36 AM
There was really only one time that I felt "discriminated against" in my life and it was on the PSATs. I scored a 200 on the PSATs, National Merit Scholar requires a 204 - for white/asian people. If I were black I would have needed a 160, and a mexican 135. After the initial anger over this subsided, I started to think about it and decided I would be far more angry as a minority. The state is saying YOU ARE INFERIOR. I can't understand how anyone would fight for the right to be viewed as inferior (and substantially so).

Expectations need to be raised on a social level (yes on a parental level too, but I don't think that I can affect that change without invasion of privacy). I met my step-daughter when she was 9, no one had really talked about college to her, and she said that she was not going to go to college, doesn't need it, etc. It was not pushed as something of import by my wife or her family. I was appalled, I was always going to go to college, even in the 7 years I took as a "break" from college, I was going to go. Well I immediately started to passively and actively talk about the importance of college to her and around her. I put my money where my mouth was went back and finished my degree, and am now in a grad program. She turns 13 this week, and she has been talking about going to college for about a year and a half now. She is even interested in finding out which ones would be good for what she wants to do (now, obviously this can change, but the point is the interest is there).

She had no expectations set upon her for higher education for the first 3/4 of her life, and she didnt have any desire to do anything other than finish school as required. After expectations were raised and stable, her interest flourished. I think the same needs to be implemented on a social level.

(P.S. I understand that college is not the correct path for every person, but if she has the expectation of post (high school) graduate education, then, whatever she chooses to do, she can pursue it in a much more competent manner (want to be a chef, go to culinary school, not get a job as a cook at IHOP, etc).

Soul_Patch
06-29-2010, 01:04 PM
There was really only one time that I felt "discriminated against" in my life and it was on the PSATs. I scored a 200 on the PSATs, National Merit Scholar requires a 204 - for white/asian people. If I were black I would have needed a 160, and a mexican 135. After the initial anger over this subsided, I started to think about it and decided I would be far more angry as a minority. The state is saying YOU ARE INFERIOR. I can't understand how anyone would fight for the right to be viewed as inferior (and substantially so).

Expectations need to be raised on a social level (yes on a parental level too, but I don't think that I can affect that change without invasion of privacy). I met my step-daughter when she was 9, no one had really talked about college to her, and she said that she was not going to go to college, doesn't need it, etc. It was not pushed as something of import by my wife or her family. I was appalled, I was always going to go to college, even in the 7 years I took as a "break" from college, I was going to go. Well I immediately started to passively and actively talk about the importance of college to her and around her. I put my money where my mouth was went back and finished my degree, and am now in a grad program. She turns 13 this week, and she has been talking about going to college for about a year and a half now. She is even interested in finding out which ones would be good for what she wants to do (now, obviously this can change, but the point is the interest is there).

She had no expectations set upon her for higher education for the first 3/4 of her life, and she didnt have any desire to do anything other than finish school as required. After expectations were raised and stable, her interest flourished. I think the same needs to be implemented on a social level.

(P.S. I understand that college is not the correct path for every person, but if she has the expectation of post (high school) graduate education, then, whatever she chooses to do, she can pursue it in a much more competent manner (want to be a chef, go to culinary school, not get a job as a cook at IHOP, etc).

Well said, and that perfectly illustrates the point i made. Why would I, as a Latino or African American, want to be held to lower standards than the rest!?? That is insulting, in my opinion...As a white guy, is my capacity for learning and understanding better than a brown or black person? i highly doubt it......if so, id like to see the science. Sounds like some sort of KKK type ideology....

Learning is Learning. Race / religion / etc should have absolutely 0 weight when deciding scholarships, merits, etc...

Drachen
06-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Well said, and that perfectly illustrates the point i made. Why would I, as a Latino or African American, want to be held to lower standards than the rest!?? That is insulting, in my opinion...As a white guy, is my capacity for learning and understanding better than a brown or black person? i highly doubt it......if so, id like to see the science. Sounds like some sort of KKK type ideology....

Learning is Learning. Race / religion / etc should have absolutely 0 weight when deciding scholarships, merits, etc...

As far as scholarships go, I would have to say . . . it depends. For something like the National Merit Scholar, I would have to say I agree. On the other hand, if a group of people (benefactors) get together and want to pay for the education of a specific type of person, go for it (I relate that to a family pooling their money together to send "the smart one" off to college). There are those types of scholarships for white people too, just not in the same amounts and you have to really look (There is/used to be one called something like "The Irish Fund" when I graduated HS for example).

MannyIsGod
06-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Hey, I'm curious why the fault has to lie elsewhere for those minority students who are "disproportionately" underachieving in school? Btw, i dont know that they are, i am only going by what you had said previously, Manny.

If i took 1000 kids and 400 white kids made A's and B's, 200 "minority" kids made A's and B's and 400 kids of all colors completely failed...who's fault is that, other than the kids who failed (and maybe their parents)? Are you assuming that the minority kids are some how at a disadvantage? If so, why? Do they really need to have tools to put them on an even ground to achieve the same grades, or ability to get higher education?

I always thought minority scholarships are pretty much perpetrating a segregation type attitude, but I'm curious to hear from "the horses mouth" so to speak. Not meaning anything derogatory, only that Manny, you seem to be up to par on your knowledge of this subject, so id like your view on it.

Why do you feel any student should be given special consideration on scholarships based on their ethnicity? Why would your ethnicity put you at a disadvantage in study habits and the ability to achieve good grades?

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/06/12/us_may_deport_harvard_student/

This kid seems to blow most of the assumptions out of the water. I'm sure there are other examples like him, but this just comes to mind first.

Just so its clear, I think all scholarships and schools need to completely ignore race as a deciding factor. If you want a scholarship, you should tailor your study habits and grades to have the best chance to win said scholarship...Hell, take the names off of the applications so the reviewers only have the kids stats to go by to make decisions...race should play no part in it, as i don't want a lazy white kid to get a free ride to school, just as i wouldn't want a lazy ANY OTHER race getting a free ride based on some arbitrary statistic...wouldn't you agree?

Lets be clear. No one is saying minorities can't succeed given the current environment and no one is saying they are inferior. I like the example you gave because (and remember this phrase because its of utmost importance) all things being equal then if you take 1000 kids of various backgrounds then one would expect that a proportionate number of each race would be "successful". If you had 80% white 10% black and 10% Hispanic then you could expect those same percentages to be the breakdown of the successful students.

However, lets say you took 1000 students again and this time started them with completely different socioeconomic backgrounds. The white students were 80% middle class, 10% rich, 10% poor. The blacks and Hispanics were 30% middle class, 1% rich, and 69% percent poor. Then, when we saw the breakdown of the successful students do you feel it would be made up more of white students or would we see a similar breakdown to the first?

Obviously the actual statistics I've used here are completely arbitrary but I'm sure what we can all agree on and what I could back up with actual data is that the second scenario is far closer to what we experience in reality.

In short, the main most basic reason why minorities due worse than others is money. There are more specific and compounding reasons such as cultural differences but its no secret that the greatest indicator of future success for a family's children is their income.

Most of the money given to minorities in this country aimed at minorities comes from private sources and not the government. I myself am receiving a small scholarship aimed at minorities who are pursuing degrees in the sciences, engineering or computer sciences but the vast majority of my education is being funded by the same thing any student of any race will get: loans.

In short to answer why any student should be given special consideration based upon their race I will say two things. The first is that if a person wants to establish a fund to raise the stature of a community they belong to, I see nothing wrong with that. The boy scouts offer boy scout scholarships, Athletics offer athletes scholarships, and if Mexicans want to help other Mexicans then that's all the reason they need. But from a societal level, I believe its in our society's best interest to make sure all races are equally represented and have the all races do well. When society has for quite some time held specific races back, then it is their obligation to then help them catch up. All it takes is a look at our nation's statistics to see that African Americans and Hispanics are far from caught up.

Drachen
06-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Lets be clear. No one is saying minorities can't succeed given the current environment and no one is saying they are inferior. I like the example you gave because (and remember this phrase because its of utmost importance) all things being equal then if you take 1000 kids of various backgrounds then one would expect that a proportionate number of each race would be "successful". If you had 80% white 10% black and 10% Hispanic then you could expect those same percentages to be the breakdown of the successful students.

However, lets say you took 1000 students again and this time started them with completely different socioeconomic backgrounds. The white students were 80% middle class, 10% rich, 10% poor. The blacks and Hispanics were 30% middle class, 1% rich, and 69% percent poor. Then, when we saw the breakdown of the successful students do you feel it would be made up more of white students or would we see a similar breakdown to the first?

Obviously the actual statistics I've used here are completely arbitrary but I'm sure what we can all agree on and what I could back up with actual data is that the second scenario is far closer to what we experience in reality.

In short, the main most basic reason why minorities due worse than others is money. There are more specific and compounding reasons such as cultural differences but its no secret that the greatest indicator of future success for a family's children is their income.

Most of the money given to minorities in this country aimed at minorities comes from private sources and not the government. I myself am receiving a small scholarship aimed at minorities who are pursuing degrees in the sciences, engineering or computer sciences but the vast majority of my education is being funded by the same thing any student of any race will get: loans.

In short to answer why any student should be given special consideration based upon their race I will say two things. The first is that if a person wants to establish a fund to raise the stature of a community they belong to, I see nothing wrong with that. The boy scouts offer boy scout scholarships, Athletics offer athletes scholarships, and if Mexicans want to help other Mexicans then that's all the reason they need. But from a societal level, I believe its in our society's best interest to make sure all races are equally represented and have the all races do well. When society has for quite some time held specific races back, then it is their obligation to then help them catch up. All it takes is a look at our nation's statistics to see that African Americans and Hispanics are far from caught up.

You and I agree on the fact that it would be a good thing to help them catch up. I disagree, however, that lowering expectations is going to help them become equal. I have an example, but it could be dismissed as an outlier since I don't have any type of metadata.

DarrinS
06-29-2010, 02:21 PM
You and I agree on the fact that it would be a good thing to help them catch up. I disagree, however, that lowering expectations is going to help them become equal. I have an example, but it could be dismissed as an outlier since I don't have any type of metadata.

Lowering expectations is an insult, IMO.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-29-2010, 02:40 PM
http://www.essence.com/fashion_beauty/beauty/bets_my_black_is_beautiful_returns_for_s.php

Great show on BET. "MY BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL"

Wonder how come CMT does not have a show called "MY WHITE IS BEAUTIFUL"

Hmmmmmmm

racist, self hating jews own BET.

Drachen
06-29-2010, 02:43 PM
http://www.essence.com/fashion_beauty/beauty/bets_my_black_is_beautiful_returns_for_s.php

Great show on BET. "MY BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL"

Wonder how come CMT does not have a show called "MY WHITE IS BEAUTIFUL"

Hmmmmmmm

racist, self hating jews own BET.

Doesn't Bob Johnson (I think) own BET?? The guy who just sold the Bobcats??

spizzle_tronk
06-29-2010, 03:08 PM
u mad

so mad

v2freak
06-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Saying that white people experience prejudice because rap battles make fun of white people is some more mind blowing shit. I guarantee you that for every white boy insult in a rap battle there is some smoky room with a bunch of rich white males complaining about those "lazy wetbecks" or "crackhead ######s" who are taking over this country.

C'mon dude, it's all bad. The only thing is you choose to belittle this or that. When discrimination against anyone is bad, why do you feel the need to whip your dick out and compare who has it worse? "White boy/cracker" is bad. "Crackhead ######" is bad. "Lazy wetback" is bad. So are "Chink","Whop" while we're at it etc.

I really doubt you couldn't find scholarships that you were eligible for based upon race if you have mixed ethnicity unless that mixed ethnicity contains no minority backgrounds.

I guess you would know better than me? :wtf I don't need anyone feeling sorry for me. When it came down to me taking out loans I could have borrowed less money and gone to a cheaper school but I wanted the best education my credit score could get me.

I don't know what every white person or every minority feels but I do know that white people have the wealth in this country. The race is most definitely not even even and ever sociological stat in the book backs that up.

Fair enough, I don't take argument to this statement. If you went to China, most of the wealth would probably be controlled by Chinese people. America is a melting pot and not China, yes. But America is mostly white, doesn't it make sense that with a larger population they would control more wealth?

JoeChalupa
06-29-2010, 10:26 PM
The more things change....the more they stay the same.

MannyIsGod
06-30-2010, 10:43 AM
Watching how black characters are treated on television can affect attitudes about race both consciously and unconsciously, new findings suggest. In a two-part study, researchers at Tufts University examined nonverbal behavior toward characters of different races on television shows, then tested how clips from these shows affected viewers’ prejudices.
First, the team found clips of mixed-race scenes from 11 popular TV shows with prominent black and white characLuck_The_Fakers_ters. In each clip, they blocked out one character to hide his or her race, turned off the sound, then asked volunteers whether the blocked-out character was seen by the other characters in a positive or negative light. The researchers found that in nine of the 11 shows—Friday Night Lights, CSI, House, CSI: Miami, Scrubs, Greek, Heroes, Reno 911! and Grey’s Anatomy—viewers thought the actors’ body language and facial expressions were less favorable when they were responding to someone who was black. The only two shows without this bias were Bones and Rob and Big.
Then the researchers showed clips from all the shows, with the images restored to normal, to a new group of viewers who had no idea the study was about race. After watching clips in which black characters were treated less favorably than whites, the viewers’ conscious attitudes about race did not change. But they were faster to associate white people with positive words such as “laughter” and black people with negative words such as “failure”—a sign that this implicit bias had found its way from the TV screen into people’s behavior, the researchers say. After watching clips in which black characters were treated better than whites, however, viewers not only displayed less implicit bias toward blacks, they also showed improved conscious attitudes toward blacks as measured by a questionnaire.
Because these TV shows’ bias in either direction is unintentional, suggests Tufts psychologist Nalini Ambady, one of the researchers working on the study, simply being aware of it might help actors and directors to counteract it or use it to a positive end.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=color-tv

The Reckoning
06-30-2010, 11:06 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DarkReign
06-30-2010, 11:10 AM
Watching how black characters are treated on television can affect attitudes about race both consciously and unconsciously, new findings suggest. In a two-part study, researchers at Tufts University examined nonverbal behavior toward characters of different races on television shows, then tested how clips from these shows affected viewers’ prejudices.
First, the team found clips of mixed-race scenes from 11 popular TV shows with prominent black and white characLuck_The_Fakers_ters. In each clip, they blocked out one character to hide his or her race, turned off the sound, then asked volunteers whether the blocked-out character was seen by the other characters in a positive or negative light. The researchers found that in nine of the 11 shows—Friday Night Lights, CSI, House, CSI: Miami, Scrubs, Greek, Heroes, Reno 911! and Grey’s Anatomy—viewers thought the actors’ body language and facial expressions were less favorable when they were responding to someone who was black. The only two shows without this bias were Bones and Rob and Big.
Then the researchers showed clips from all the shows, with the images restored to normal, to a new group of viewers who had no idea the study was about race. After watching clips in which black characters were treated less favorably than whites, the viewers’ conscious attitudes about race did not change. But they were faster to associate white people with positive words such as “laughter” and black people with negative words such as “failure”—a sign that this implicit bias had found its way from the TV screen into people’s behavior, the researchers say. After watching clips in which black characters were treated better than whites, however, viewers not only displayed less implicit bias toward blacks, they also showed improved conscious attitudes toward blacks as measured by a questionnaire.
Because these TV shows’ bias in either direction is unintentional, suggests Tufts psychologist Nalini Ambady, one of the researchers working on the study, simply being aware of it might help actors and directors to counteract it or use it to a positive end.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=color-tv

...and?

MannyIsGod
06-30-2010, 11:13 AM
...and?

LOL seriously? You don't find anything relevant about evidence that television pushes negativity about black people in a thread about whether or not BET is OK today?

symple19
06-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Luck_The_Fakers_

:tu

Skywalker
06-30-2010, 12:01 PM
LOL seriously? You don't find anything relevant about evidence that television pushes negativity about black people in a thread about whether or not BET is OK today?

I do not argue your points, however, the fact remains that the only negativity that matters is that that is pushed upon our children in our own homes. Across all races.

If our children are left to TV for guidance, that in itself is our major failure.

It starts with the parents of every child.

There will be outside negative influences at every turn of life and that is something that our children must be shielded against. Not shielded by keeping them from being exposed to it. But by shielding them with the wisdom to recognize and reject those negative influences.

To do the right thing, no matter what.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-30-2010, 12:11 PM
JESUS H. CHRIST

I swear some of y'all will argue about anything, including the most mindless stuff. 8 fucking pages? That's about 7.5 more pages than should be dedicated to that shithole of a channel (oh, and I'm black btw). Ridiculous.

The Reckoning
06-30-2010, 12:23 PM
oh this is great.

manny championing black people and television through 8 pages of thread and the one black guy comes in and says BET sucks. irony at its finest.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-30-2010, 12:27 PM
oh this is great.

manny championing black people through 8 pages of thread and the one black guy comes in and pretty much tells him to get a life.

Look, y'all can debate racism all y'all want, but the only thing I'm addressing is what the OP brought up--BET. I wanted this thread to die a quick, quiet death but enough is enough, god damn!

DarkReign
06-30-2010, 12:38 PM

So, youre saying the producers and directors of those named shows consciously push a negative stereotype about black people?

...and that this practice is a widespread "epidemic" amongst media and entertainment?

Screams victim mentality to me. When you want to be a victim, youll always be a victim.

You might have forgotten, but I dont give a shit about BET, its existence or its implications to people who want to be offended (namely people who argue the "WET" angle).

But pointing out that black people in television shows are somewhat associated with negative attributes, to me, says nothing at all. Also, notice SciAm never stated statistics, only used words like "less" and "more", not specifics. I wonder why that is?

With their lack of clarification, at least from the excerpt you posted, you might be talking about a very low percentage of subjects who even displayed the characteristics in question.

Just doesnt seem relevant. Unless youre looking to play the victim role...are you?

MannyIsGod
06-30-2010, 01:01 PM
So, youre saying the producers and directors of those named shows consciously push a negative stereotype about black people?

...and that this practice is a widespread "epidemic" amongst media and entertainment?

I never used the word epidemic. I never said anything about consciously pushing anything. I linked an article about a study that made some very clear points. Why are you you artificially embellishing what I said with your own assumptions of what I said? If you don't like the situation presented in the study then present evidence its not occurring but there's no need to play it up in order to make it seem outlandish.

Screams victim mentality to me. When you want to be a victim, youll always be a victim.
Nice completely irrelevant talking point. Either this situation is occurring or its not occurring. I provided you with an article on a study that shows evidence for it.

You might have forgotten, but I dont give a shit about BET, its existence or its implications to people who want to be offended (namely people who argue the "WET" angle).
Your personal views on BET are pretty irrelevant to the study I posted. You may not care, but you came into the thread and post your "...and?" implying that the post I made had no context or point.

But pointing out that black people in television shows are somewhat associated with negative attributes, to me, says nothing at all.
I personally find it very telling and important. If television shows can have an effect of pushing negative stereotypes that can be easily counteracted I think its worthwhile to study.

Also, notice SciAm never stated statistics, only used words like "less" and "more", not specifics. I wonder why that is?
Because they're not printing the entire study in a article snippet / blog post? The study is or will be available when published in a journal which I would imagine has happened or will happen.

With their lack of clarification, at least from the excerpt you posted, you might be talking about a very low percentage of subjects who even displayed the characteristics in question.

Just doesnt seem relevant. Unless youre looking to play the victim role...are you?I don't understand how posting a study is playing any role. As I said above, either the situation is occurring or its not. The police don't go up to some one reporting a crime and ask them if "they're looking to play a victim role". I mean the article also states how they had success overriding those negative feelings but you fail to mention that at all because you're too busy worried about people playing victims.

There are no roles to be "played". Either something occurs or it doesn't.

DarkReign
06-30-2010, 01:59 PM
Cut ups, never could respond to those.

As it were..

Yes, I see the relevance of a study that says black people are portrayed poorly on television in a topic concering BET.

The reason I asked "...and?" is because I am asking what YOU are trying to say with that reference.

If its just an off-the-cuff, out of nowhere reference, fine.

If not, it could be interpreted multiple ways, two of which I am interested to know are...

1) Are you suggesting BET is portraying a better or more positive image than other media?
2) Are you suggesting Americans can be (lack of a better term) conditioned to accept a more positive outlook on black people and culture via watching BET (or the like)?

If you were just throwing it out there with no point at all, the "...and?" still stands. If you had a point, make it.

DarkReign
06-30-2010, 02:02 PM
BTW, my victim schtick has to do with government sanctioned racism. It doesnt bother me as much as others, or even much at all, but it doesnt make it less bullshit.

Doesnt matter to me, the family just transferred ownership of the companies into my wife and sister-in-laws names and we now qualify to compete in a government-sanctioned racism scheme. Military contracts and automotive single-sourced status abound and secured. All without benefitting any minority at all.

Play the game, loopholes suck.

All the Minority Company status is, is a means to appease politically correct retards (and politicians) that we as a society are making strides via statistical evidence that is manipulated at the submission level. It doesnt work, it will never work, end of discussion.

What private charities/foundations/people do with their money is their business. What government does is everyone's business and my tax dollars should not be used against me.

ALWAYS bet on BLACK
06-30-2010, 02:24 PM
lolllllz

ploto
06-30-2010, 03:40 PM
There will be outside negative influences at every turn of life and that is something that our children must be shielded against. Not shielded by keeping them from being exposed to it. But by shielding them with the wisdom to recognize and reject those negative influences.

And what about racist parents?

Skywalker
07-01-2010, 03:42 AM
And what about racist parents?

I am glad you asked that question ploto. You are now seeking answers beyond the top level and getting to the root cause of our problems.

As we all know, lost children sometimes choose to continue on as lost adults and perpetuate the cycle of hatred, ignorance, and selfishness, in varying levels and combinations.

This is our problem.

While children are rightfully removed from homes where there are obvious signs of physical abuse, too often the child suffering from mental abuse is left to find their own way.

This is where we must come in. There comes a time in these children's lives when they realize they are not being loved in the right way. When they realize something is wrong. They feel pain, and often reach out.

Who is there to take the hands of the children that are reaching out?

I feel it is my life mission to ensure that each and every one of these children have someone that truly cares available to take their hand and love them they way every child deserves to be loved. With care, with respect, with the concern and ability to pass wisdom on to these little minds so that they can be better prepared for the traps of the world, and learn to avoid them.

I am just beginning my journey.
Many are already on this path. I will seek to join them.
I will seek to be yet another point of light to which the lost can turn.

Spurstalk is great. And it is great practice for discussing real world issues.

But everyone here should know better by now. I don't think there are many lost children on this site. Only certain people that choose to be lost, that choose to be angry, and that seek out confrontation, mixed in with the many good people here of course, who's posts too often get lost in the noise of the former.

The bottomline is that we can all do our part. We must start within ourselves. Then get our homes in order, and move forward from there. Together, working towards the same goal, our love can change the world.

May God Bless us all.

Stephen A.Smith
09-29-2010, 03:17 AM

It has been 3 months to the day, and this still stands as the standard of stupidity on this forum. There is no way the bar could be raised any higher than this.

lebomb
09-29-2010, 10:51 AM
Meh, I will ask my question in a new thread.

Fpoonsie
09-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Meh, I will ask my question in a new thread.

Lol "edit"

redzero
09-29-2010, 11:35 AM

That should be somebody's sig.

BUMP
09-29-2010, 12:15 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The Franchise
09-30-2010, 12:21 AM
Is BET racist? Well, it's owned by white Jews, so I don't really know how to answer that.

Kamala
10-03-2010, 11:36 PM
As far as playing grown folks r&b it used to be da tits. Now it sucks big time

Isitjustme?
02-03-2022, 04:24 AM

Dang, this Whoopi Goldberg thing has to be hitting hard on conservative Gaycob here. Probly has to leave the room Chris style when his parents watch the View now..

Millennial_Messiah
02-03-2022, 11:43 AM
nobody watches the view

Adam Lambert
02-03-2022, 02:15 PM

Legendary post. Absolute perfection. (Chef's kiss)