PDA

View Full Version : Time to turn up the heat at the Ticket!

PakiDan
06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Here is your latest Paul Greco update:

The elements are stirring, and things seem to be falling in place for Paul. His Sirius show is going well, and now I hear that the NEW Program director at the Ticket 760 is talking friendly with Mr. Greco. There MAY be some opportunity in the near future to get PG a full gig at the 760. Now is the time to send those emails to Tim Merryman letting him know we could use a new, fresh voice in San Antonio. Let's keep his inbox full and Paul on the front of his mind!

Imagine the possibilities if PG didn't have to focus on his day job!

[email protected]

thispego
06-28-2010, 01:29 PM
careful not to fall of those very very short coattails!

SpursSecurity
06-28-2010, 04:11 PM
Just did my part. Heard Greco on Sirius this weekend and the show was really good. I thought the way they discussed sports was like we were sitting in the bar. Very well done.

Kori Ellis
06-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Tim Merryman is the new program director?

scott
06-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Yes, as of a few weeks ago.

Kori Ellis
06-28-2010, 04:33 PM
Oh, good for him. He's a cool guy.

PakiDan
06-28-2010, 07:14 PM
careful not to fall of those very very short coattails!

Hahaha... no need.... things are going well.

PakiDan
06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Tim Merryman is the new program director?

Yeah... Tim is PD for the Ticket.... he responded right away to my email. Had nothing but good things to say about Greco.

King
06-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I had no idea MrT was the new PD. Great news. Love that guy.

4>0rings
06-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Why do you like Paul Greco so much?

howardcopy
06-29-2010, 12:10 PM

Man greco is one of us. He started out in here at ST. Plus when we have a GTG the dude is always there. The last one I went to the dude bought me beer, hung out, smoke a stogee real cool guy.

Anyone that has time to just chill with normal folk is cool with me. I'll continue to pimp him out.

Merryman being the program director is way better than Bolger, at least he gives a shit about the sports program.

PakiDan
06-29-2010, 01:28 PM

Thanks HowardCopy! I couldn't have said it better. Greco is good people. He's been a great friend not only to me, but to many of you here.

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2010, 01:31 PM
And if he gets his own show he'll have no choice but to distance himself from this place

howardcopy
06-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Why would he have to distance himself? He already has his own show on SiriusXM. I spoke to him on the phone other day and he was excited about the fact that he could be doing more local stuff with the Ticket760. He told me he loves the energy in ST and there are some of the funnest people in here.

I think it would be a good marriage.

PakiDan
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
Why would he have to distance himself? He already has his own show on SiriusXM. I spoke to him on the phone other day and he was excited about the fact that he could be doing more local stuff with the Ticket760. He told me he loves the energy in ST and there are some of the funnest people in here.

I think it would be a good marriage.

Unfortunately, I think he would be (and is) bared from mentioning ST in his broadcasts due to ownership issues. That's why it's up to us to spread the word!

howardcopy
06-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Unfortunately, I think he would be (and is) bared from mentioning ST in his broadcasts due to ownership issues. That's why it's up to us to spread the word!

Really? why's that? They don't like ST? That's a bunch of bull shit.

Anyway, I support good people, guys that aren't full of themselves and know the real reasone why they're on the radio, to entertain and that's what greco has done. So he has my full support.

I'm not a Grind Guy, I can bare STSA, and if ESPN would have a clearer signal I'd suppor them more, especially Duel and Coach A. But their transmission SUCKS!

JoeChalupa
06-29-2010, 05:34 PM
Paul is good people. :tu I owe him a beer. When is the next GTG?

Kori Ellis
06-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Unfortunately, I think he would be (and is) bared from mentioning ST in his broadcasts due to ownership issues.

What?

That's not true.

Last Comic Standing
06-29-2010, 08:31 PM
What?

That's not true.
http://www.workingpoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ostrich-head-in-sand-sign.gif

Kori how long has it been since you was asked to be on the show?

ST has been blackballed ever since Mike Taylor took over. That was like three years ago? Peter Burns and Paul Greko both said they were not allowed to mention the site or read postings and emails. hell even Mike who won be a sports caster for a day contests was not allowed to read mouse's emails.

Last Comic Standing
06-29-2010, 08:32 PM
Call in Wednesday and try and mention ST.

Kori Ellis
06-29-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.workingpoint.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/ostrich-head-in-sand-sign.gif

Kori how long has it been since you was asked to be on the show?

ST has been blackballed ever since Mike Taylor took over. That was like three years ago? Peter Burns and Paul Greko both said they were not allowed to mention the site or read postings and emails. hell even Mike who won be a sports caster for a day contests was not allowed to read mouse's emails.

Peter Burns mentioned SpursTalk and postings here all the time on the radio. That's why I know that it's BS. He asked me to call in plenty of times.

howardcopy
06-30-2010, 06:55 AM
Peter Burns mentioned SpursTalk and postings here all the time on the radio. That's why I know that it's BS. He asked me to call in plenty of times.

That's a great point Kori he sure did.

Hey Paki what did Tim say in his e-mail? Are they bringing Greco on or what?

PakiDan
06-30-2010, 11:48 AM
That's a great point Kori he sure did.

Hey Paki what did Tim say in his e-mail? Are they bringing Greco on or what?

Tim's email response:

Dan,

First thanks for listening and I am trying to make Sports Talk in San Antonio better….truth is I have been here since the Ticket signed on and since that time the station has never had a program director that is just for this station….I am here to run the day by day ops and I believe that you will hear a difference in the way we do things and I love Paul Greco and believe me I am finding a way to use him on a more regular basis…stay tuned and feel free to contact me with any concerns.

Thanks

T

--- did you email Tim, Copy?

howardcopy
06-30-2010, 12:34 PM
I haven't yet. But will this week.

That's great news man. Hopefully he'll keep his word. Remember what Burns said? He said that he was working on a new show with Greco, but that was never, ever the case.

So when I see it I'll believe it.

howardcopy
06-30-2010, 12:57 PM
Hey Greco just posted this press release on his facebook. Pretty sweet little gig he has now. Not bad for a local guy getting a National Show.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sirius-xm-to-launch-sirius-xm-fantasy-sports-radio-247-fantasy-sports-channel-available-nationwide-97478519.html

How can you get a National Show but can't score a local one?

MoSpur
06-30-2010, 02:37 PM
I emailed Mr. T about replacing Andy with Paul. Here is the response I received.

Moses,

I like Paul but Andy Everett is my guy…I hammer him all the time about the Golf stuff and give me time I will get his fascination with Tiger beat out of him…I will tell you this Paul will be in all next week with Wally. Just have some patience and I will get Andy to focus more on other stuff, you must understand that Andy is passionate about Golf more than most of us and I know Andy he will understand that too much Golf is never good. Keep listening.

06-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I've tried to give the morning show a chance since FSR cancelled Czabe, but it's just not happening. Andy/Burns was tolerable on occasion but Andy/Wally is just painful to listen to.

MoSpur
06-30-2010, 02:54 PM
I think its Andy. I just can't get myself to listen to him. I've switched to Mike and Mike on ESPN. To me Andy has a "know it all" attitude a lot and his golf talk is tiring.

PaulGreco
06-30-2010, 03:15 PM
Default Re: Time to turn up the heat at the Ticket!
Hey guys, I just wanted to thank all of you for all the great comments. As Howard pointed out, today SiriusXM released their press release about my new show on the weekend from 7-10am local. I'm very excited about the opportunity to work with SiriusXM and the fact I get to do it in my underwear from the house is bonus...Can't beat that gig.

As far as the Ticket, my relationship is awesome with Andy and Tim and I appreciate what they've allowed me to do.

Next week I'll be in studio all week while Andy is on vacation. But, I’m not looking to replace anyone especially someone who has been kind enough to bring into the Ticket760 circle, I don’t work that way. I believe you earn your spot, not steal it.

I think with Tim Merryman in charge of sports now, you'll start to see a face lift over the next couple of months at the Ticket. As Tim stated in some of the e-mails you gave graciously posted here, the Ticket and I will hopefully work things out to where I'm on air more here in San Antonio. Now I’m not sure what the relationship between the Ticket and ST are, but when the fans speak or call-in you have to listen, plain and simple. That’s not to say I won’t embarrass your ass on the air, cause I will – LOL. It makes for fun radio.

ST is a great place to hang and I've been lucky to drink some beers with Paki, Joe Chalupa, Mouse, Big Z, Howard and more.

My takes on air are a little different than what San Antonio sports radio fans are used to, which is great, because you guys seem to like them. I like to bring 100% Energy / 100% Attitude and by doing that it has gotten me to where I am today and I'll keep bringing it strong even if it’s at o-dark thirty in the morning.

So if you have Sirius or XM you can check me out every Saturday and Sunday from 7-10am and next week on the Ticket 760 from 7-9am.

Again, thanks for all the love, I really appreciate it. If you have any other suggestions or just want to hit me up, shoot me a message on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/FantasyPros911

--PG

SpursSecurity
07-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Hey good job Paul. Glad things are working out for you. I kinda agree with you on the Ticket stuff, about stealing job, but listen, if the guys aren't any good, then that's not stealing, to me that's them talking their way out of the business.

You know ST has your back, so keep bringing it and I'm looking forward to you being on all week next week. At least we know there will be some good takes.

Thanks for jumping in man. I sent you a friend request on Facebook too.

PaulGreco
07-02-2010, 07:20 AM
Hey SS,

Thanks pal appreciate that. I'll be bringing it strong next week on the Ticket 760 in the morning.

--PG

PakiDan
08-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Looks like the ticket is jerking Paul around again. He was supposed to be on the air this morning and they pulled the rug out from under him. I left a comment on the Bring Paul to the 760 Facebook page. Please go leave a message or comment there if you support Paul. They do see this FB page!

JoeChalupa
08-30-2010, 07:50 AM
I've been hearing Paul on Friday mornings on the Ticket. :tu

howardcopy
08-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Did my part. The Ticket is a fucking joke. NO ONE LIKES WALTER and if they do they're retarded. I just don't get the fact that we have an actually sports talk host who has a National Show, but this fucking local bullshit station, who Greco has been helping for 2 years can't give him a show.

The morning show sucks, the 2-4 show is a fucking joke, and it's the reason I jump to 1250 ESPN.

Hey Ticket WAKE THE FUCK UP, no one gives a flying shit about GOLF, no one. How about we talk actually sports huh.

Come on guys, post over at the TICKET 760 on Facebook. Let these mother fuckers know what's up. POWER TO ST!!!

JoeChalupa
08-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Did my part. The Ticket is a fucking joke. NO ONE LIKES WALTER and if they do they're retarded. I just don't get the fact that we have an actually sports talk host who has a National Show, but this fucking local bullshit station, who Greco has been helping for 2 years can't give him a show.

The morning show sucks, the 2-4 show is a fucking joke, and it's the reason I jump to 1250 ESPN.

Hey Ticket WAKE THE FUCK UP, no one gives a flying shit about GOLF, no one. How about we talk actually sports huh.

Come on guys, post over at the TICKET 760 on Facebook. Let these mother fuckers know what's up. POWER TO ST!!!

+1 I let the Ticket know on facebook.

fatsack
08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
I've switched to Mike and Mike on ESPN.

I have also. I just can't take the Walter/Andy show any longer....

4>0rings
08-30-2010, 02:27 PM
I like Walter, don't care for Andy though. I still miss Vex and his homerism. :(

I agree about the 2-4 show. They aren't even San Antonio anything fans. They always talk over each other, sound very unenthusiastic about their job. It's a grind just listening to them.... see what I did there? Only one show is worse than theirs... the one on 1250 with 'Coach'. I'am sure he's a great guy but he never has a cross word with anyone, is always sucking off his callers and guests.

SpursSecurity
08-31-2010, 10:39 AM
I spoke to a friend of mine who know those clowns on the Grind and was telling me that they probably won't last. I guess something along the lines of their money is drying up and that the Ticket won't bring them on. That would be great.

Move the Morning Mess to the 2-4 and slot greco into the morning show and maybe, maybe I'll listen. But right now those shows suck big MOUSE dick

rr2418
09-01-2010, 10:00 AM
I like the Grind! They are the only ones that don't talk about things not related to sports! I think the "worst" show has to be 1250's Jason n Chris show. They both have irritating voices and for being radio personalities, they both sure fumble with their words especially Jason. Besides, I don't like the fact that Jason, Chris, and Coach A. keep trying to stuff the "Houston Texans shit" down our throats! They always say that the Texans are our "chick" on the side................%&*K! THAT!

man on wire
09-01-2010, 10:45 AM
I like the Grind! They are the only ones that don't talk about things not related to sports! I think the "worst" show has to be 1250's Jason n Chris show. They both have irritating voices and for being radio personalities, they both sure fumble with their words especially Jason. Besides, I don't like the fact that Jason, Chris, and Coach A. keep trying to stuff the "Houston Texans shit" down our throats! They always say that the Texans are our "chick" on the side................%&*K! THAT!

!?!? I was listening to the Grind just the other day and they were talking about the Dancing with the Stars list.

rr2418
09-01-2010, 11:33 AM
!?!? I was listening to the Grind just the other day and they were talking about the Dancing with the Stars list.

Uh oh! You got me there! LOL !

I guess what I was thinking as I was writing that post was everytime I turn to their show it's about April Ancira, Natalie Tejeda, Zone girls, Texan cheerlreaders, or some broad that happened to walk in the place. Don't get me wrong, I love women, but it's a FREAKING sports talk show!!! Then on top of that, we hear them moaning and slobbering over the mic. Uh...I don't want to hear that! It's like if they're slobbering for each other....yuk!! I would say out of the 4 hours, they spend about 1 hour talking about things other than sports. To me that's alot. If the Grind was talking about DWTS, I bet they said their take on it, and then moved on.

PakiDan
09-01-2010, 12:17 PM

I guess what I was thinking as I was writing that post was everytime I turn to their show it's about April Ancira, Natalie Tejeda, Zone girls, Texan cheerlreaders, or some broad that happened to walk in the place. Don't get me wrong, I love women, but it's a FREAKING sports talk show!!! Then on top of that, we hear them moaning and slobbering over the mic. Uh...I don't want to hear that! It's like if they're slobbering for each other....yuk!! I would say out of the 4 hours, they spend about 1 hour talking about things other than sports. To me that's alot. If the Grind was talking about DWTS, I bet they said their take on it, and then moved on.

And the fact that Chris has absolutely NO backbone whatsover completely irks me! He agrees with EVERYBODY and BLOWS EVERY guest.

4>0rings
09-01-2010, 03:29 PM

That's kind of why I don't like the grind, they talk TOO much sports. You can't just have a show strictly about sports, you have to interject some random shit, girls, jokes, what ever. I drive a lot for my job and so by the time they get on I've heard all the arguments from the previous hosts. Just like Jim Rome, he's the best in the biz wether you like him or not and half the time he's ranting on something that's not sports related but funny.

But Chris and Jason act like they are jacking off on the mic when they are talking about a girl. They just keep going on and on about how hot she is. Just make a comment and move on, stop panting on the mic.