PDA

View Full Version : Reason for Stephen A hate??

Smooth Criminal
06-28-2010, 07:37 PM
Maybe I've missed something, but I only see a normal journalist...maybe a little loud...but why all the hate?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 07:40 PM
The affirmative blacktion is a big reason why people hate him. It's not so much that he's loud, his loud voice gives the vibe that he thinks what he has to say is more important than what every other analyst/journalist has to say.

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 07:58 PM
maybe i've missed something, but i only see a normal journalist...maybe a little loud...but why all the hate?

FUCK YOUasshole

Giuseppe
06-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Mostly because of peanut for a brain fellows like Mono.

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Mostly because of peanut for a brain fellows like Mono.

crucify em cubby, send that Mavfan ass to the tree of woe.

monosylab1k
06-28-2010, 08:14 PM
tbh Cubby, why are you so butthurt about what I post? it's not like you invited me to lunch and i stood you up :lmao

Dr. Gonzo
06-28-2010, 08:56 PM
I don't like him because he is black.

LnGrrrR
06-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I particularly care for him because he TALKS... like THIS! GET OUT OF HERE! You cant' bring that WEAK STUFF into my YARD!

Cmon PEOPLES!

I just hate the way he talks, he overemphasizes every other word it seems. And his takes are retarded half the time as well.

Mavs_man_41
06-28-2010, 09:17 PM
tbh Cubby, why are you so butthurt about what I post? it's not like you invited me to lunch and i stood you up :lmao

:lmao

ploto
06-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Pretty obvious why I am not a fan.

Smooth Criminal
06-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I particularly care for him because he TALKS... like THIS! GET OUT OF HERE! You cant' bring that WEAK STUFF into my YARD!

Cmon PEOPLES!

I just hate the way he talks, he overemphasizes every other word it seems. And his takes are retarded half the time as well.
Thanks

Mavs_man_41
06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
i think it's because he's a fucking dumbass and nobody cares what he has to say. savvy?

dbreiden83080
06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
HE shit-talks people like he is better than them

Funny thing is ESPN canned his ass for every job he had..

SenorSpur
06-28-2010, 09:29 PM
He's a loud-mouth, overly-opinionated, arrogant ass of a journalist, who thinks he's a big of a star, as the athletes and celebrities that he covers for a living.

Bob Lanier
06-28-2010, 10:40 PM
He's a loud-mouth, overly-opinionated, arrogant ass of a journalist, who thinks he's a big of a star, as the athletes and celebrities that he covers for a living.Well to be fair that describes at least two thirds of all sports journalists.

For me it's his voice.

DaDakota
06-28-2010, 10:57 PM
It is all about the cheese doodles.

DD

BronxCowboy
06-29-2010, 06:30 AM
Well to be fair that describes at least two thirds of all sports journalists.

It's true, and that's why I never watch sports commentary. In fact, I frequently hit the mute button when I'm watching a game. It's a real problem.

Chieflion
06-29-2010, 06:40 AM
It is all about the cheese doodles.

DD

Truth.

manufan10
06-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I actually like Stephen A. Smith. He cracks me up.

Stephen A. Smith
06-29-2010, 11:21 AM
Like moths to a flame, Stephen A. draws out the haters. There's the usual reasons: the jealousy, the envy, the occasional case of Raaaaaaaaaasho lust. HOWEVA, what it comes down to at the end of the day is that I hit all you clowns upside ya empty heads with a big bucket full of truth and like Dirk in the clutch, y'all just can't handle it. Quite frankly, I'm used to it but maybe some day some you can man up and admit it to yourselves.

manufan10
06-29-2010, 11:25 AM
:lol

Darrin
06-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Stephen A. Smith emphasizes what is wrong in popular sports. His bravado is jading. The athletes he emphasizes (Stephon Marbury, Allen Iverson) are all individual talents and just as arrogant as he is. I think his brand of basketball analysis has had its day. I'm not thrilled about what has replaced it (it is merely stupid now), but what he says about basketball is outdated and his "schtick" is that he "keeps it real" in the hip-hop world he grew up in.

We are what we are and short of being a narcissist, we are shaped by the world around us. We do not need to keep in our minds where we came from and make money while doing it. It will permiate everything you are doing. You can explain where things were shaped and how, but I find the bravado of "keeping it real" offensive to me. Pride and being close-minded is a thin line.

Pride is being able to celebrate all ways of doing things and having the gumption to put how behave on the same level as how someone else behaves. Respect. While it is a natural out-growth to have an abundance of pride and to feel you need to fight for your way of life when someone has been opressed, simply living and being humble about it are two things that take strength, especially when opressed. Rosa Parks didn't sit in the front of the bus and scream she wasn't moving. She said "no" and didn't resist arrest when they enforced the law.

Most of this analysis is analyzing his show that was cancelled several years ago. If he thinks he is doing a service to his community by emphasizing Allen Iverson as a means to get out of the slums or how to act once you arrive, he has done a disservice. By emphasizing how he plays basketball so that a generation of talents will play like he does, that is not the way, either. Having a show that is supposed to be steeped in hip-hop culture and African-American culture but has no significant understanding of the long-term ramifications for emphasizing the culture without examining what it must change, is irresponsible.

I don't like him because not many can attack him, either. He throws down his playing experience anytime someone challenges him on basketball. He throws down his skin-color anytime someone has the temerity to take on the larger significance of his show and what exactly he was trying to say and do on ESPN with it. That was his forum. That was his name and he lost credibility with me because of it.