PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron leaves, what will it do to his image?

djohn2oo8
06-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Thoughts?

JamStone
06-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Almost nothing negatively, except in Ohio.

MavDynasty
06-28-2010, 09:51 PM
If he leaves to play for a shit team like the Clippers or the Knicks then he will be viewed as a greedy bastard who doesn't care about winning.

If he leaves for a (possible) contender then he is just trying to win, nothing wrong with that.

This attention whoring that he is doing though is really annoying tbh and he has the NBA at his knees

HarlemHeat37
+1 on Jammy's post, and it also obviously depends on the success..if he wins a title, everybody will forget about Cleveland and praise him..if he loses, they will continue to shit on him, just like they did during this year's playoffs(and rightfully so)..

thedong
CC Sabathia is almost the perfect example, and CC's streed cred is still in tact, Lebron follow ur mind not ur dick.

200 miles
06-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Cleveland's hope for a title of any sport will now rest in the hands of Opie McCoy.

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2010, 10:00 PM
I bet he wishes he could go 6-24 in the biggest game of the year and still win the game..

TheMACHINE
06-29-2010, 11:16 AM
I bet he wishes he could go 6-24 in the biggest game of the year and still win the game..

Let him get to a big game first before we even talk about shooting percentage.

TheMACHINE
06-29-2010, 11:18 AM

Beautiful aint it?
http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/showhype/story_large/2009/06/15/lakers_win_parade_kobe_bryant_wife_daughters_mvp.j pg

clambake
06-29-2010, 11:21 AM
she used to be hot.

NBA Fanatic
06-29-2010, 11:21 AM
If he leaves and goes to a team without recruiting another big name to join him he will be vilified in Cleveland. If he goes somewhere where his opportunity to win it all is improved he may get away with it. If he goes somewhere else and wins it next year all will be forgiven.

manufan10
06-29-2010, 11:29 AM
I think we should treat him the way some of the posters here treat Kobe. If LeBron goes on to win a title with another team and another superstar, then he should never be mentioned near Jordan again. If Kobe is villified for not being able to win one by himself with no real star player then so should LeBron.

Darrin
06-29-2010, 11:34 AM
He's not going to New York or New Jersey or the LA Clippers. Therefore, he will have a solid team around him. When they play Cleveland, questions will be asked of Lebron James's Cavaliers legacy, but it will just be a story. If the team he goes to tanks in the standings (say under 55 wins considering how many he won last year, with an early-round knockout), criticism will get louder, especially from Cavaliers' beat-writers and that will be reported on ESPN.

If the Cavaliers win the East against Lebron James's Bulls, for instance, obviously, they'll say he made a mistake. That's not likely. He will start out the king of free agency, anywhere he lands. He will start out next November with talk of an NBA Championship. When they play the Cavaliers, it will be on National Television, the first date circled. It will be a media circus that will embarass the game, unless it is an all-time great. It will probably be early in the season too, when the wounds are fresh and Cleveland still has a chance to prove they have a team without Lebron (for a newscycle or two).

My money is on the Bulls. He can grab a free agent in Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudemire, and team with Derrick Rose and not have to pay Rose for a couple more years. They are still reasonable with the cap and that will stop them from ditching needed draft picks and passing on free agents for the cheaper options. If he signs with Wade and Bosh with him in Miami, the Heat under Pat Riley didn't take care of Tim Hardaway and paid too much for Brian Grant and Eddie Jones when they never delivered. They paid too much for Jason Williams and Antoine Walker, if you ask me. How they kept Udonis Haslem happy is beyond me. I don't like how Miami builds teams, but then again, I'm not Lebron James.