PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next player to become a majority owner?

PM5K
06-28-2010, 10:37 PM
So Jordan was the first, who will be the second? You pretty much have to assume it's going to be someone that made a boat load of money, Kobe and Lebron are the first to come to mind, but can anyone imagine either being an owner?

Sec24Row7
06-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Its going to have to be someone that makes a killing on endorsements or investments...

Shaq would be the one I think that had the best shot... as he has the endorsements and the pre-salary cap dough.

With the Salary cap now... it is almost impossible to make enough money by just playing to become a majority owner.

ezau
06-29-2010, 05:28 AM
Yeah, Shaq would be there and perhaps Kobe when he retires. Hey, why is Magic not a majority owner? I thought he has been hugely successful with his entrepreneurial endeavors?

Chieflion
06-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Yeah, Shaq would be there and perhaps Kobe when he retires. Hey, why is Magic not a majority owner? I thought he has been hugely successful with his entrepreneurial endeavors?

He is a minority owner of the Lakers. His loyalty to the Lakers would not sway him to become majority owner of any team and his career earnings aren't as much as the modern players.

Dro210
06-29-2010, 08:42 AM
I could see it being Wade

timvpimp
06-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Mr. Shite already has.