PDA

View Full Version : Ric Bucher: Cavs will not do a sign and trade with Lebron James

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 10:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4669690/buchers-report-is-bad-news-for-mavs

Remember det one time I was called an idiot by a certain fan base praying Lebron would go to their team for saying there was no way Cleveland would make it easier for Lebron to leave?

4>0rings
06-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Waiting for LeBron to address this on CNN...

crc21209
06-28-2010, 10:47 PM
:lol This is for you Mavs fans...

badfish22
06-28-2010, 10:51 PM
link please.

DPG21920
06-28-2010, 10:52 PM
badfish is obsessed with links from people who are constantly proven wrong, such as the fine people at ESPN

badfish22
06-28-2010, 10:53 PM
just want a link tbh :cry

Goran Dragic
06-28-2010, 10:54 PM
It was just on sportscenter, I'll provide a link when one is put online, but I'm not making this up.

InRareForm
06-28-2010, 10:55 PM
of course they would say that. but once they know for sure he is leaving, options will be back on the table.

he is going to the bulls, so the point is moot tho.

Shank
06-28-2010, 10:56 PM
That's suicide, Cleveland. Enjoy it.

dallaskd
06-28-2010, 10:56 PM
this makes no sense.. why let him walk for free?

Veterinarian
06-28-2010, 10:58 PM
It was just on sportscenter, I'll provide a link when one is put online, but I'm not making this up.

Did DoK just forget what account he was posting under? Or am I missing something. It would be great if Dragic was a DoK troll.

badfish22
06-28-2010, 10:58 PM
Thats just a front :hat

DPG21920
06-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Did DoK just forget what account he was posting under? Or am I missing something. It would be great if Dragic was a DoK troll.

Then be prepared for obvious greatness.

Goran Dragic
06-28-2010, 10:59 PM

You're missing something Dr. short bus.

Veterinarian
06-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Then be prepared for obvious greatness.

:downspin how did my retarded ass not know that?

DPG21920
"Come on Lebron, our hopes begin to fade, there's no sign and trade, no way in hell you come to Dallas"

Veterinarian
:tu tbh

Man About Town
Cavs would be dumb to let LeBron walk without compensation.

badfish22
06-28-2010, 11:01 PM
of course they would say that. but once they know for sure he is leaving, options will be back on the table.

This guy knows his shit tbh

Good thing the all knowng DPG taught me ESPN guys are usually wrong.
I would be kinda upset right meow

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:02 PM
Cavs would be dumb to let LeBron walk without compensation.

You can call the Cavs dumb all you want but that doesn't change the fact it was plenty dumb to lash out at me for saying something that turned out to be 100% right.

DPG21920
Sons, the only problem with ESPN guys being wrong, is that you were citing them earlier as sources....

Veterinarian
I really, really hated and really, really liked the same person. :lmao The internet's a great place.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:03 PM
I really, really hated and really, really liked the same person. :lmao The internet's a great place.

:lmao

DPG21920
06-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Also, I am not all knowing. I just know a lot. You know this. These are things we know.

Shank
06-28-2010, 11:06 PM
So, if LeBron says they have a plan to swap himself for Wade in Miami, Cleveland still wouldn't do it? Get the fuck out of here. I'm not buying this.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Remember det one time I was called an idiot by a certain fan base praying Lebron would go to their team for saying there was no way Cleveland would make it easier for Lebron to leave?

The Cavs are the ones that should be ridiculed if they don't attempt to salvage something for him if he leaves.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:09 PM
So, if LeBron says they have a plan to swap himself for Wade in Miami, Cleveland still wouldn't do it? Get the fuck out of here. I'm not buying this.

I'm assuming the report means Cleveland would be willing to do a sign and trade with a team that has the cap room to give Lebron a max deal anyway, and that it means Cleveland isn't going to open up more options for Lebron by doing a sign and trade with a team that would need Cleveland cooperation.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:10 PM
You can call the Cavs dumb all you want but that doesn't change the fact it was plenty dumb to lash out at me for saying something that turned out to be 100% right.

Free Agency hasn't even started yet. Let's see how it all plays out. This is like when you got your panties in a bunch after Gentry wouldn't play Earl Clark in Game 1 against Portland.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm assuming the report means Cleveland would be willing to do a sign and trade with a team that has the cap room to give Lebron a max deal anyway, and that it means Cleveland isn't going to open up more options for Lebron by doing a sign and trade with a team that would need Cleveland cooperation.

These guys are going to leave via S'n'T if they do leave. LeBron or Wade or whoever is not going to leave that extra year of $20 million sitting on the table and his former team out to dry. At that point, if you're the Cavs or Heat, you go with the best S'n'T offer. If Dallas' offer trumps what Chicago or New York is offering, LeBron wants to go there, and you have no shot at retaining LeBron, why wouldn't you trade him to Dallas?

I never said it was anything more than a remote, remote possibility LeBron would come to Dallas.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Free Agency hasn't even started yet. Let's see how it all plays out. This is like when you got your panties in a bunch after Gentry wouldn't play Earl Clark in Game 1 against Portland.

The fact you're bringing my Earl Clark rant up is an obvious weak attempt to steer the thread away from this reality:

DoK was right!

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:13 PM
DoK was right

about what?

Shank
06-28-2010, 11:14 PM
With the new CBA looming, it makes little sense to leave all the money on the table. But these aren't exactly the brightest bulbs when it comes to business-sense.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:15 PM
These guys are going to leave via S'n'T if they do leave. LeBron or Wade or whoever is not going to leave that extra year of $20 million sitting on the table and his former team out to dry. At that point, if you're the Cavs or Heat, you go with the best S'n'T offer. If Dallas' offer trumps what Chicago or New York is offering, LeBron wants to go there, and you have no shot at retaining LeBron, why wouldn't you trade him to Dallas?

I never said it was anything more than a remote, remote possibility LeBron would come to Dallas.

The sign and trades that will happen will be with teams that don't need Cleveland's assistance anyway and would be doing a favor with a s'n't. Cleveland isn't gonna assist a team steal Lebron when said team needs Cleveland's help. We can do this argument dance again if you wish and I'll be proven right again.

DPG21920
06-28-2010, 11:16 PM
That is a way of strong arming a player not to leave. Make it about the money. Stay or leave a guaranteed chunk of money on the table.

I am hard pressed to believe that CLE would not do a sign & trade. That is just bad business. But sometimes, you see things that don't make sense on the surface.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:17 PM
This is how it would play out:

LeBron: "I want to play for the Dallas Mavericks."

Dan Gilbert: "Tough shit LeBron. They're over the cap."

LeBron: "I'm just as happy playing for the Bulls. I can sign there outright and you get nothing back, you see me four times a year instead of two, and I'm a permanent roadblock for your team in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Your fanbase will never forgive you for letting me walk for nothing to a division rival when you could've sent me to the West and gotten something for me. Dallas can arrange a better S'n'T package than the Knicks. Your choice."

DPG21920
06-28-2010, 11:18 PM
Then they could say: "Ok, walk. Go to the Bulls and leave your money on the table".

Amarelooms

LeBron: "I'm just as happy playing for the Bulls. I can sign there outright and you get nothing back, you see me four times a year instead of two, and I'm a permanent roadblock for your team in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Your fanbase will never forgive you for letting me walk for nothing to a division rival when you could've sent me to the West and gotten something for me. Dallas can arrange a better S'n'T package than the Knicks. Your choice."

Hey dummy...see my Memo to Cuban post for the 4 step plan on how this shit needs to go down. SHAQ is the key

:elephant

Man About Town
The sign and trades that will happen will be with teams that don't need Cleveland's assistance anyway and would be doing a favor with a s'n't. Cleveland isn't gonna assist a team steal Lebron when said team needs Cleveland's help. We can do this argument dance again if you wish and I'll be proven right again.

LeBron: "I'm just as happy playing for the Bulls. I can sign there outright and you get nothing back, you see me four times a year instead of two, and I'm a permanent roadblock for your team in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Your fanbase will never forgive you for letting me walk for nothing to a division rival when you could've sent me to the West and gotten something for me. Dallas can arrange a better S'n'T package than the Bulls. Your choice."

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:19 PM

Then Dan Gilbert will say:

"Fine, I'm calling that bluff. Go to the Bulls and leave all that money on the table. The team is moving to Seattle in 5 years anyway if you leave so I could give a shit."

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Then Dan Gilbert will say:

"Fine, I'm calling that bluff. Go to the Bulls and leave all that money on the table. The team is moving to Seattle in 5 years anyway if you leave so I could give a shit."

He'd leave $20 million on the table and an extra year. Which Nike would make up the difference. And yeah, Gilbert is gonna completely write off his Cavaliers investment as a sunk cost.

DPG21920
06-28-2010, 11:22 PM
While I agree that CLE would do a sign & trade, I don't think you are giving enough credence to that extra year and money. It has won the battle many times.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:22 PM
And yeah, Gilbert is gonna completely write off his Cavaliers investment as a sunk cost.

The Cavaliers are as good as dead if Lebron leaves, and everyone knows it. A combo guard who averages 7 points per game isn't going to save that franchise.

PS - sportscenter already said via Ric Bucher that I was right

baseline bum
06-28-2010, 11:25 PM
this makes no sense.. why let him walk for free?

Because slashing payroll will be a lot more attractive in that scenario than taking back some other team's problems.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:26 PM
The Cavaliers are as good as dead if Lebron leaves, and everyone knows it.

So Dan Gilbert is going to petition the NBA to contract the franchise?

PS - sportscenter already said via Ric Bucher that I was right

What were you right about again?

MavDynasty
06-28-2010, 11:27 PM
link?

dallaskd
06-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Because slashing payroll will be a lot more attractive in that scenario than taking back some other team's problems.

Dampier can be slashed right off the bat. Caron can be serviced for one year then taken off payroll and you can get a young star in Roddy making rookie money. and dont forget multiple 1st rounders.. Makes more sense then watching him walk..

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:28 PM

Which is why the Cavs would insist the Mavs take back Jamison's contract in addition to James if they felt backed into a corner and forced into a S'n'T. Dallas can put together a package to help Cleveland slash payroll.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:29 PM
Dampier can be slashed right off the bat. Caron can be serviced for one year then taken off payroll and you can get a young star in Roddy making rookie money. and dont forget multiple 1st rounders.. Makes more sense then watching him walk..

:lmao

baseline bum
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM

LeBron: "I'm just as happy playing for the Bulls. I can sign there outright and you get nothing back, you see me four times a year instead of two, and I'm a permanent roadblock for your team in the Eastern Conference playoffs. Your fanbase will never forgive you for letting me walk for nothing to a division rival when you could've sent me to the West and gotten something for me. Dallas can arrange a better S'n'T package than the Bulls. Your choice."

Dan Gilbert: Dallas has nothing that interests me. This team is going to be blown up if you leave, so there's no reason to keep a high payroll. The city of Cleveland would never forgive me for giving you away for table scraps. If you're willing to play for less in Chicago, then do what you've gotta do.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:30 PM
So Dan Gilbert is going to petition the NBA to contract the franchise?

Dan Gilbert would either look to sell the team or move it once it's losing money in Cleveland every year.

Amarelooms
06-28-2010, 11:32 PM
Forget about Lebron dummies...we are going after Joe Johnson and CP3. See my thread "Memo to Cuban"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Dan Gilbert: Dallas has nothing that interests me. This team is going to be blown up if you leave, so there's no reason to keep a high payroll. The city of Cleveland would never forgive me for giving you away for table scraps. If you're willing to play for less in Chicago, then do what you've gotta do.

Roddy Beaubois isn't table scraps, quit talking nonsense. He's Dwayne Wade with a great jumper!

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:34 PM

Dallas offers the Dampier contract, the Butler contract, Roddy, multiple picks, takes back the Jamison contract too. Gilbert wants to slash payroll and blow things up without LeBron? Dallas can help him do that. What is worse in the eyes of the Cleveland fanbase? Letting him walk to a division rival for nothing, having to see him four times a year, having him as a permanent obstruction in the playoffs once the Cavs get back there, or send him to the West, out of sight and out of mind?

Dallas never had more than a 2% chance of getting LeBron in a S'n'T anyways, but you can't say that the Mavs can't put together an attractive proposal if the Cavs are facing the worst-case scenario. That's all I'm saying.

baseline bum
06-28-2010, 11:35 PM

They'll be under the cap if they let James walk, and Jamison's deal is over in 2012. Beaubois isn't anywhere near good enough to just write James' ticket out of town. Late first round picks aren't that valuable, since they're guaranteed money for players that are usually lousy prospects. Early second-rounders are much better.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:36 PM
Dallas offers the Dampier contract, the Butler contract, Roddy, multiple picks, takes back the Jamison contract too. Gilbert wants to slash payroll and blow things up without LeBron? Dallas can help him do that. What is worse in the eyes of the Cleveland fanbase? Letting him walk to a division rival for nothing, having to see him four times a year, having him as a permanent obstruction in the playoffs once the Cavs get back there, or send him to the West, out of sight and out of mind?

Dallas never had more than a 2% chance of getting LeBron in a S'n'T anyways, but you can't say that the Mavs can't put together an attractive proposal if the Cavs are facing the worst-case scenario. That's all I'm saying.

Quit acting like the average Cleveland fan knows enough about the NBA to think this logically. Some stupid ass factory shift manager would react to the trade as, "Wha! Lebron left and Dan Gilbert helped him leave? What a fucktard!"

Amarelooms
06-28-2010, 11:36 PM

Forget about Lebron dummy...we are going after Joe Johnson and CP3. See my thread "Memo to Cuban"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:37 PM

And I'm saying Cleveland would rather call Lebron's bluff than except that offer in the scenario you gave. Ric Bucher's report confirms what I'm saying.

Dr. Gonzo
06-28-2010, 11:37 PM
What the hell is a Roddy Beaubois?

4>0rings
06-28-2010, 11:38 PM
What the hell is a Roddy Beaubois?Some scrub that a good NBA coach wouldn't let sniff the floor.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:38 PM
What the hell is a Roddy Beaubois?

Roddy Beaubois is the G.O.A.T. of all players who have ever averaged 7 points per game.

Dr. Gonzo
06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Sounds like some kind of fruity beverage.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:39 PM
Quit acting like the average Cleveland fan knows enough about the NBA to think this logically. Some stupid ass factory shift manager would react to the trade as, "Wha! Lebron left and Dan Gilbert helped him leave? What a fucktard!"

You can't operate your franchise based on what Steve in Toledo thinks. How many NBA GMS are taking their cue from AM sportstalk radio? Think about what you're saying.

baseline bum
06-28-2010, 11:40 PM

Definitely not calling LeBron's bluff would be worse in the eyes of Cleveland fans. They're already mad as hell at LeBron, and that would kill them to see him walk and get that extra year and higher raises on top of that. Cleveland is completely screwed whether they get nothing or they get an average point guard and some bad picks, so might as well roll the dice and hope James chooses the money.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:42 PM
They'll be under the cap if they let James walk, and Jamison's deal is over in 2012. Beaubois isn't anywhere near good enough to just write James' ticket out of town. Late first round picks aren't that valuable, since they're guaranteed money for players that are usually lousy prospects. Early second-rounders are much better.

They're barely under the cap if James leaves. Jamison has two years and $28 million left on his deal if I'm not mistaken. You think they want to pay that if James leaves? Taking Jamison off their hands gets them way under the cap. Butler has 1 year and $10 million left on his deal. Dampier has a $13 million cap figure that instantly vanishes in August. As for picks and Roddy, nowhere is it said that the Cavs are getting back 100 cents on the dollar. Dallas can set them up nicely with loads of cap space for 2011 and 2012. I guarantee you if the Cavs think they're going to lose LeBron, they'll try to package Jamison with him. That's the worst contract on their books.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-28-2010, 11:43 PM
You can't operate your franchise based on what Steve in Toledo thinks.

When Steve in Toledo is the one buying tickets, you better not piss Steve in Toledo off.

Would that trade make logical sense for Cleveland? Yes. Would someone like JoeTait be ok with it? Yes. The average Cleveland though wants to see Dan Gilbert not assist Lebron under any circumstances in leaving Cleveland. The Cavs need to stay away from sign and trades for the sake of image. It's a unique scenario unlike any other free agent.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:46 PM
When Steve in Toledo is the one buying tickets, you better not piss Steve in Toledo off.

Would that trade make logical sense for Cleveland? Yes. Would someone like JoeTait be ok with it? Yes. The average Cleveland though wants to see Dan Gilbert not assist Lebron under any circumstances in leaving Cleveland. The Cavs need to stay away from sign and trades for the sake of image. It's a unique scenario unlike any other free agent.

Steve in Toledo will be back once the Cavs are winning again. A trade like the one to Dallas helps get the rebuilding process going quicker. If Lebron leaves for nothing, they're barely under the cap with a bunch of old guys. The sooner they slash payroll and start the youth movement, the better. Fans will be back once the team is winning again.

baseline bum
06-28-2010, 11:49 PM
They're barely under the cap if James leaves. Jamison has two years and $28 million left on his deal if I'm not mistaken. You think they want to pay that if James leaves? Taking Jamison off their hands gets them way under the cap. Butler has 1 year and $10 million left on his deal. Dampier has a $13 million cap figure that instantly vanishes in August. As for picks and Roddy, nowhere is it said that the Cavs are getting back 100 cents on the dollar. Dallas can set them up nicely with loads of cap space for 2011 and 2012. I guarantee you if the Cavs think they're going to lose LeBron, they'll try to package Jamison with him. That's the worst contract on their books.

They're setup to be about $20 million under the cap next summer if James walks. Trading for Butler and Beaubois only gets them to about the MLE in capspace this season, so that does absolutely zero for them this summer. Cleveland's not even close to being in the kind of situation New York and Portland were in.

Man About Town
06-28-2010, 11:51 PM
I would love to get Joe Tait's feedback on this, but I believe that given the media coverage of LeBron's free agency, coupled with the fact that the town is already pissed at him, the Cleveland fanbase wouldn't blame Gilbert if he left and the Cavs salvaged something for him in a S'n'T. Just my opinion.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2010, 12:16 AM
Like I said, JoeTait isn't the right person who's opinion to gauge. He'd probably be fine with Lebron leaving and anything Cleveland would get back is just deserts. People like Thunder Dan are the people Gilbert is thinking about.

MavDynasty
06-29-2010, 12:22 AM
lol link

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 12:31 AM

:lmao for real? He's only made it completely obvious that's his troll countless times already. Are you really this obtuse?

Are you still wondering who Anthony Randolph and Greg Oden are too?

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
and :lol Ric Bucher. name me one time where that guy wasn't talking out of his ass.

he said Jerry Buss was right on the verge of accepting a Terry/Howard for Kobe trade.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2010, 12:35 AM
Why would Bucher make up a story about Cleveland not doing any sign and trades? That would be a random, unglamorous story. It's not like he said, "Lebron strongly considering joining the Clipshow!"

Veterinarian
06-29-2010, 12:37 AM
:lmao for real? He's only made it completely obvious that's his troll countless times already. Are you really this obtuse?

Are you still wondering who Anthony Randolph and Greg Oden are too?

tbh, I don't spend that much time on here, my attendance is very periodic. I know you're Anthony Randolph, who's Greg Oden?

Also, whatever happened to the TheSanityAnnex? I used to like watching you and him argue in the NFL forum. That shit was usually Super-venomous.

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 12:38 AM
Why would Bucher make up a story about Cleveland not doing any sign and trades?

Because other reporters are getting all the bullshit from World Wide Wes first.

Man About Town
06-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Because other reporters are getting all the bullshit from World Wide Wes first.

I hope Steve in Toledo murders World Wide Wes. I hate that guy.

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 12:40 AM
btw until you provide a link I call bullshit.

I bet it was a "Cleveland wouldn't want to do a s/t" rather than a solid "Cleveland will not do a s/t"

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 12:42 AM
in this LeBron clusterfuck of activity, every reporter's gotta come up with some bullshit of their own or risk looking like the guy with his thumb up his ass.

It makes perfect sense that, considering Adrian Wojnajriojerklsjiski is getting all the insider info before anyone else, that Ric Bucher would have to put his name out there and come up with some bullshit like this, just like his "Jerry Buss is extremely close to pulling the trigger on a Jason Terry/Josh Howard for Kobe deal"

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2010, 12:42 AM
btw until you provide a link I call bullshit.

I bet it was a "Cleveland wouldn't want to do a s/t" rather than a solid "Cleveland will not do a s/t"

I saw it on sportscenter, and the headline was def. along the lines of Cleveland will not do a s/t. I'll be looking for a link and posting it when I find it, but I did not make this up.

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 12:45 AM
lol i've got a link

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5338472

Sources said James remains committed to fielding free-agent pitches from several teams when free agency officially opens Thursday at 12:01 a.m. ET, with the Chicago Bulls continuing to rank as a highly appealing destination and a return to Cleveland still figuring prominently in his thinking and with the Dallas Mavericks looming as an intriguing outsider.

complete and utter bullshit from Chris Broussard (I'm disappointed Marc Stein also put his name on this bullshit, but I guess he needs to get in on the clusterfuck too). complete. and. utter. bullshit.

but at least I have a link.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2010, 12:49 AM
Best link I can provide so far (lol but it proves I'm not makign this up)

http://www.fantasysp.com/columns/nba/71806/no_sign_and_trade

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba/LeBron_James/1012839

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2010, 12:52 AM
Here is a legit link:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/mavericks/post/_/id/4669690/buchers-report-is-bad-news-for-mavs

Basically re-assuring everything I said about image.

j.dizzle
06-29-2010, 12:53 AM
:lmao All these attention whores in the media are gonna start coming with the "I have a good source that says...etc" hahaha shit is funny

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Here is a legit link:

Basically re-assuring everything I said about image.

If Rick Bucher's sources are correct

The day that happens is the day I grow an asshole on my elbow.

the Cavaliers have no intention

Doesn't mean they won't do it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2010, 12:57 AM
Doesn't mean they won't do it.

Sup allanon

MavDynasty
06-29-2010, 12:57 AM
:lmao ric bucher

DUNCANownsKOBE2
06-29-2010, 01:00 AM
Ric Bucher himself says in the clip, "Sources say the Cavs will not do a sign and trade" (that's a verbatim quote), questioning Ric Bucher because of his past "sources" is one thing, but he's undoubtedly making a definite statement that the Cavs are not doing a sign and trade.

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 01:02 AM
Sup allanon

not intending to do something and definitively stating that you absolutely will not do something are two different things. It's not semantics.

And if the Cavs really won't do it, they'll come right out and say it. They don't need to pussyfoot around this.

Veterinarian
06-29-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm not gonna lie, I know this will make me look retarded but for like a second there I thought Mono was Allanon and that he was a true mindblowing internet badass.

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2010, 01:54 AM
sign n trade doesnt make sense for them, why help the douche get a max contract bigger then what other team can offer, while they have to get players in return who they might not need just to match the trade contracts...fuck that...

it makes sense if it was for draft picks, but other then that fck that

monosylab1k
06-29-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm not gonna lie, I know this will make me look retarded but for like a second there I thought Mono was Allanon and that he was a true mindblowing internet badass.

:lol tbh it would be beneath my trolling standards to say have the retarded crap that Allanon has said. And we all know my trolling standards aren't exactly distinguished.

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2010, 06:42 AM
It would be stupid if Cavs knew James would walk and didn't do a sign and trade, then again if they don't like the deal and would like it better to see him walk then I guess it's ok.

baseline bum
06-29-2010, 07:23 AM
It would be stupid if Cavs knew James would walk and didn't do a sign and trade, then again if they don't like the deal and would like it better to see him walk then I guess it's ok.

Do the Cavs have a mystical connection into LeBron's mind to know he's not bluffing them? They might as well go down with the ship, because no matter what they'd realistically get in exchange for James in a potential deal, you're looking at a sure lottery team. Daring him to take less and walk on his own makes even more sense this year, since the CBA is going to be re-negotiated next summer and probably won't allow James to ever get paid like he would for that potential 6th year he'd lose not signing with Cleveland.

Shank
06-29-2010, 08:17 AM
sign n trade doesnt make sense for them, why help the douche get a max contract bigger then what other team can offer, while they have to get players in return who they might not need just to match the trade contracts...fuck that...

it makes sense if it was for draft picks, but other then that fck that

It makes sense for a few reasons. They have (some) say in where LeBron ends up. If they don't him to terrorize them in the same division, S&T at least gives them the knowledge they won't face each other numerous times a year.

They also get something, regardless of messageboard fodder, in return for losing a piece. It sucks for a franchise's management, fans, etc. to have a guy just walk for nothing. The Mavs would have taken just about anything back for Nash when he bailed instead of just seeing him take off for nothing. As paltry as some of the pieces may seem to some, getting something is better than being left empty-handed.

Basketballgirl25
06-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Do the Cavs have a mystical connection into LeBron's mind to know he's not bluffing them? They might as well go down with the ship, because no matter what they'd realistically get in exchange for James in a potential deal, you're looking at a sure lottery team. Daring him to take less and walk on his own makes even more sense this year, since the CBA is going to be re-negotiated next summer and probably won't allow James to ever get paid like he would for that potential 6th year he'd lose not signing with Cleveland.

true daring him to walk on his own does make sense this year, never thought about it that way.

KidCongo
06-29-2010, 09:11 AM
DG will not give LeBron the extra dough he would make via a sign and trade. He just that stiff.

Shank
06-29-2010, 09:16 AM
DG will not give LeBron the extra dough he would make via a sign and trade. He just that stiff.

Technically, he's not giving the money to him.

Did you mean to say "he" or "he's"?

Findog
06-29-2010, 09:53 AM
It makes sense for a few reasons. They have (some) say in where LeBron ends up. If they don't him to terrorize them in the same division, S&T at least gives them the knowledge they won't face each other numerous times a year.

They also get something, regardless of messageboard fodder, in return for losing a piece. It sucks for a franchise's management, fans, etc. to have a guy just walk for nothing. The Mavs would have taken just about anything back for Nash when he bailed instead of just seeing him take off for nothing. As paltry as some of the pieces may seem to some, getting something is better than being left empty-handed.

Yep, when Cuban decided not to match the offer for Nash, he asked the Colangelos if they would do a S'n'T for Nash, and they said no out of spite, because we fleeced Nash from them originally, the Kidd/Finley trade actually worked out in our favor, and we hired Donnie Nelson away from them.

I also have a hard time understanding this logic of Cleveland fans being so stupid that the only thing they would understand is that Dan Gilbert traded away arguably the best player in the NBA for pennies on the dollar, like LeBron didn't want to leave. On one hand, we're supposed to accept that the Cleveland fans are savvy enough to know that if LeBron is wearing a different jersey next year, it will be because he wanted to leave...which is why they're already pissed at him, for supposedly laying down in G5 against Boston and because media reports say he's leaning towards leaving. But then on the other hand, they're supposed to be such naive dupes that they wouldn't understand that a LeBron S'n'T would be about salvaging something for him instead of willingly giving him up.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't say the Kidd Finley trade worked out in your favor, it was a good trade for both teams up front the Suns just made it suck for them when they turned Kidd into Stephon Marbury.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 10:00 AM
Yep, when Cuban decided not to match the offer for Nash, he asked the Colangelos if they would do a S'n'T for Nash, and they said no out of spite, because we fleeced Nash from them originally, the Kidd/Finley trade actually worked out in our favor, and we hired Donnie Nelson away from them.

I also have a hard time understanding this logic of Cleveland fans being so stupid that the only thing they would understand is that Dan Gilbert traded away arguably the best player in the NBA for pennies on the dollar, like LeBron didn't want to leave. On one hand, we're supposed to accept that the Cleveland fans are savvy enough to know that if LeBron is wearing a different jersey next year, it will be because he wanted to leave...which is why they're already pissed at him, for supposedly laying down in G5 against Boston and because media reports say he's leaning towards leaving. But then on the other hand, they're supposed to be such naive dupes that they wouldn't understand that a LeBron S'n'T would be about salvaging something for him instead of willingly giving him up.

Most fans in any city have little knowledge of how the NBA works and don't know what a sign and trade is. Most Cleveland fans would see the words "trade" and be pissed at the Cavs front office for trading Lebron. This is a city made up of dumbfucks who's mental capacity limits them to working in a factory.

Findog
06-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't say the Kidd Finley trade worked out in your favor, it was a good trade for both teams up front the Suns just made it suck for them when they turned Kidd into Stephon Marbury.

Well, from the Suns perspective, they gave away an All Star caliber player who was instrumental in turning around the Mavs, whereas they had to trade away a wifebeater because they were worried about what his continuing presence would do to season ticket sales. Suns should've won that trade, but as it turns out, the Mavs were the ones who ended up winning it.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Once the writing is on the wall (if it ever is) the Cavs will S&T him to wherever he wants to go.

Right now they are posturing, as they should be.

Just look at Colangelo & the Rapz.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Well, from the Suns perspective, they gave away an All Star caliber player who was instrumental in turning around the Mavs, whereas they had to trade away a wifebeater because they were worried about what his continuing presence would do to season ticket sales.

Hey if I could go back and reverse that trade I'd do it, but the Suns had no way of knowing Kidd would become a complacent asshole who refused to get better and beat his wife. Trading Kidd because he was too lazy to work on his jumper was one thing, trading someone because of a criminal record for Stephon Marbury of all people ranked right up there with some of the best Colangelo family fuck ups. It only took Marbury a month to get a D.U.I. in Phoenix.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Most fans in any city have little knowledge of how the NBA works and don't know what a sign and trade is. Most Cleveland fans would see the words "trade" and be pissed at the Cavs front office for trading Lebron. This is a city made up of dumbfucks who's mental capacity limits them to working in a factory.

well, if you let a city of dumbfucks dictate how you run your organization then you just become no better than they are. S&T is coming (if LeBron leaves at all).

Findog
06-29-2010, 10:04 AM

Yet they're savvy enough to know LeBron wants to leave and they're pissed at him for it. Yet not savvy enough to know that the Cavs could conceivably send him to the West and get something back that aids their rebuilding process, or watch him walk to a division rival for nothing. These are mutually exclusive concepts regarding the state of the Cleveland fanbase. They can't be both.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Yet they're savvy enough to know LeBron wants to leave and they're pissed at him for it. Yet not savvy enough to know that the Cavs could conceivably send him to the West and get something back that aids their rebuilding process, or watch him walk to a division rival for nothing. These are mutually exclusive concepts regarding the state of the Cleveland fanbase. They can't be both.

JoeTait is pissed at him, the average Cleveland fan I'm guessing still loves Lebron and is on his nuts. Using JoeTait to gauge the average Cleveland fan is like using me to gauge the average Suns fan.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 11:20 AM
What does Dallas have that would actually interest the Cavs to help Lebron leave? All this why would they let him go for nothing when if they do a S&T with Dallas they are still left with nothing.

Sisk
06-29-2010, 11:50 AM

You're late to the party

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 11:53 AM
What does Dallas have that would actually interest the Cavs to help Lebron leave? All this why would they let him go for nothing when if they do a S&T with Dallas they are still left with nothing.

Really?

If they don't do a S&T LeBron walks.

If they do a S&T with Dallas they get Dampier's contract (which they can either renounce and go back to zero salary or trade to a team that wants to be under the cap that is getting rid of a high priced star) as well as draft picks and money. Also, if CLE was so inclined they could ask for Caron Butler (expiring contract) and ask Dallas to take their most expensive and overpriced player. Also, they could ask for Roddy Beaubois.

So to summarize:

Let LBJ walk = Nothing

S&T to Dallas = Damp contract which can either be renounced or moved forward for a player that makes up to 13+ million dollars (Al Jefferson perhaps), Caron Butler (expiring contract, as well as a decent player), get rid of one or more crappy contracts, Roddy Beaubois, draft picks, cash.

All of which would leave them in a far better position than they would be if they let him walk.

Findog
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Really?

If they do a S&T with Dallas they get Dampier's contract (which they can either renounce and go back to zero salary or trade to a team that wants to be under the cap that is getting rid of a high priced star) as well as draft picks and money. Also, if CLE was so inclined they could ask for Caron Butler (expiring contract) and ask Dallas to take their most expensive and overpriced player. Also, they could ask for Roddy Beaubois.

So to summarize:

Let LBJ walk = Nothing

S&T to Dallas = Damp contract which can either be renounced or moved forward for a player that makes up to 13+ million dollars (Al Jefferson perhaps), Caron Butler (expiring contract, as well as a decent player), get rid of one or more crappy contracts, Roddy Beaubois, draft picks, cash.

All of which would leave them in a far better position than they would be if they let him walk.

Jamison has 2 years at $14 mil per year left. Mavs will take him back if they get James.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 12:03 PM
Jamison has 2 years at $14 mil per year left. Mavs will take him back if they get James.

I'd more than welcome Trashcan Man back in the fold.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 12:23 PM
If that were to happen then it's even better for Dallas with Jamison coming in (I still think it has no chance, just speaking hypothetically). Their 2004 season was a mess for the most part but Jamison was a good fit as 6th man and he'd give them a lot of versatility as the 6th man now. They could go with a small lineup of Dirk at C and Jamison at PF, Dirk would get to rest a lot more in the regular season, and it would no longer be required of Jason Terry to create offense for the 2nd unit.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
If that were to happen then it's even better for Dallas with Jamison coming in (I still think it has no chance, just speaking hypothetically). Their 2004 season was a mess for the most part but Jamison was a good fit as 6th man and he'd give them a lot of versatility as the 6th man now. They could go with a small lineup of Dirk at C and Jamison at PF, Dirk would get to rest a lot more in the regular season, and it would no longer be required of Jason Terry to create offense for the 2nd unit.

Mavs got greedy back then. . . they made a great trade for Antawn. . then thought. . . "fuck it, let's go get Antoine Walker too!"

BOOOOOOOM, CRASH, SMASH!!!

The sound of the season going to shit.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Really?

So to summarize:

Let LBJ walk = Nothing

Like I said either way they get nothing. Damp's contract doesn't really do much being that he is not on the books anyways. So basically your asking them to give you a superstar for nothing. Yes, Roddy is nothing compared to Lebron.

Findog
06-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Mavs got greedy back then. . . they made a great trade for Antawn. . then thought. . . "fuck it, let's go get Antoine Walker too!"

BOOOOOOOM, CRASH, SMASH!!!

The sound of the season going to shit.

They were unloading Raef LaFrentz's contract on Boston. They turned around the next year and turned Fatoine into Jason Terry. I'd say that move worked out for them.

DPG21920
06-29-2010, 01:10 PM
How much difference is there in letting lebron walk and getting damp in a trade then cutting him?

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 01:21 PM
Like I said either way they get nothing. Damp's contract doesn't really do much being that he is not on the books anyways. So basically your asking them to give you a superstar for nothing. Yes, Roddy is nothing compared to Lebron.

I think you are letting your Mavs hate blind you.

Dampier's contract can immeditately be turned around to a team that is looking to cut cap space. Meaning, teams like G State, NOH, Minny, etc. For instances, The Wolves said they are looking to get rid of Jefferson. The Damp contract can be sent to them for Jefferson.

Plus, your little jab at Roddy is stupid. Evweryone is nothing compared to LBJ. Roddy is a young stud though.

Also, getting rid of a shitty contract for an expiring one in Caron is not nothing.

Again, stop being so damned emotional and think through these things. I personaly don't see LBJ coming to Dallas but not because of CLE not wanting to S&T, it'll be because LBJ wants to go elsewhere.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 01:23 PM
How much difference is there in letting lebron walk and getting damp in a trade then cutting him?

Not much, but the picks and prospects that come with it our the real kicker. Plus they prob. would want him to be in the west.

However, what about getting Caron (an expiring) and getting rid of your shittiest contract in the process?

Plus, what if you actually keep Dampier and trade him to a team that is looking to get under the cap? How would Al Jefferson or Monta look? Not as good as LBJ but it's damn sure better than nothing.

DPG21920
06-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Depends. But in order for it to make any sense the mavs would have to eat other contracts to make the financial savings worth while.

I agree cle should s&t if bron is leaving, but mav fans are overrating the talent factor from a cle standpoint.

Findog
06-29-2010, 01:35 PM
Depends. But in order for it to make any sense the mavs would have to eat other contracts to make the financial savings worth while.

I agree cle should s&t if bron is leaving, but mav fans are overrating the talent factor from a cle standpoint.

The Mavs don't have a lot of compelling talent to offer the Cavs, but from Cle's standpoint, you want to slash salary and get rid of a bunch of overpaid vets if LeBron leaves. We'll take Jamison off their hands. We'll give them the one year left on Butler's contract, who also has on-court value if they want to resign him. Dallas can really help if they want to start a full-fledged rebuilding movement. And they can use Damp's contract as a trade exception for one year if they want to go out and get another young star to build around, like Al Jefferson or some such.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM

That's what I said they would do. And that's something that MIA & CHI can't do in a S&T. So in actuality if it was a choice between CHI, MIA, & DAL for a S&T the Cavs would want to do a S&T deal with Dallas just to get the cap savaings that Miami & Chicago cannot provide.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 01:40 PM
I think you are letting your Mavs hate blind you.

Dampier's contract can immeditately be turned around to a team that is looking to cut cap space. Meaning, teams like G State, NOH, Minny, etc. For instances, The Wolves said they are looking to get rid of Jefferson. The Damp contract can be sent to them for Jefferson.

Plus, your little jab at Roddy is stupid. Evweryone is nothing compared to LBJ. Roddy is a young stud though.

Also, getting rid of a shitty contract for an expiring one in Caron is not nothing.

Again, stop being so damned emotional and think through these things. I personaly don't see LBJ coming to Dallas but not because of CLE not wanting to S&T, it'll be because LBJ wants to go elsewhere.
Emotional? The Spurs just beat the Mavs so there's nothing you could suggest that is blinding me besides not being a Mavs homer. Only a delusional homer thinks S&T with Dallas makes sense. Roddy is nice don't get me wrong but helping your superstar leaving and really only coming out the deal with Roddy is stupid and not worth the time.

clambake
06-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Emotional? The Spurs just beat the Mavs so there's nothing you could suggest that is blinding me besides not being a Mavs homer. Only a delusional homer thinks S&T with Dallas makes sense. Roddy is nice dont get me wrong but helping your superstar leaving and really coming out the deal with Roddy is stupid and not worth the time.

just curious......how is getting nothing worth the time?

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Emotional? The Spurs just beat the Mavs so there's nothing you could suggest that is blinding me besides not being a Mavs homer. Only a delusional homer thinks S&T with Dallas makes sense. Roddy is nice dont get me wrong but helping your superstar leaving and really coming out the deal with Roddy is stupid and not worth the time.

You're a fucking idiot then. I said myself that the likelyhood is slim. But if you can't find the logic in it and follow that a S&T would be benefical to the Cavs if they had to lose LBJ then you're a complete and fucking idiot and you don't deserve another second of my time.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 01:43 PM

Don't waste your time on him, he's fucking dumb.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Cause you put no time into it. Tell me this. Would you trade Dirk for JJ Hickson? He's a young "stud" I mean Dirk is leaving anyways right?

MavDynasty
06-29-2010, 01:47 PM
lol fucking dumbass

Findog
06-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Emotional? The Spurs just beat the Mavs so there's nothing you could suggest that is blinding me besides not being a Mavs homer. Only a delusional homer thinks S&T with Dallas makes sense. Roddy is nice don't get me wrong but helping your superstar leaving and really only coming out the deal with Roddy is stupid and not worth the time.

As opposed to letting him walk to Chicago and getting beat four times a year by a hated division rival? Having to deal with him in the East playoffs? What do the Bulls have to offer the Cavs? Luol Deng? They're not gonna give Cleveland Rose or Noah. Who thinks that makes sense over trading him to the West and getting huge salary cap relief?

My Fault
06-29-2010, 01:49 PM
You're a fucking idiot then. I said myself that the likelyhood is slim. But if you can't find the logic in it and follow that a S&T would be benefical to the Cavs if they had to lose LBJ then you're a complete and fucking idiot and you don't deserve another second of my time.

Did I hit a soft spot. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the Spurs-Mavs series. Either way I tired to see the logic in what your saying but then realized only a delusional homer sees how that makes sense for the Cavs.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 01:52 PM
Cause you put no time into it. Tell me this. Would you trade Dirk for JJ Hickson? He's a young "stud" I mean Dirk is leaving anyways right?

Last one, and if you don't catch on to this I am done.

A S&T of an unrestricted free agent only happens when the free agent chooses where he wants to go. Under those circumstances the Cavs would either let LeBron go without a S&T or choose to S&T him to the team of his choice & get something of value back. Furthermore, in a S&T the team trading the UFA never gets back full value because the player could just leave if he wanted to. Therefore, in a S&T the team trading the UFA gets the best they can but NEVER gets equal value.

Do you understand? Please just answer yes or no, because I'm tired of dealing with you. If you don't understand that then we have no foundation on which to build further conversation.

Findog
06-29-2010, 01:53 PM

A S&T of an unrestricted free agent only happens when the free agent chooses where he wants to go. Under those circumstances the Cavs would either let LeBron go without a S&T or choose to S&T him to the team of his choice & get something of value back. Furthermore, in a S&T the team trading the UFA never gets back full value because the player could just leave if he wanted to. Therefore, in a S&T the team trading the UFA gets the best they can but NEVER gets equal value.

Do you understand? Please just answer yes or no, because I'm tired of dealing with you. If you don't understand that then we have no foundation on which to build further conversation.

:lol

crucify him Greenie, send him to the tree of woe.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 01:53 PM
As opposed to letting him walk to Chicago and getting beat four times a year by a hated division rival? Having to deal with him in the East playoffs? What do the Bulls have to offer the Cavs? Luol Deng? They're not gonna give Cleveland Rose or Noah. Who thinks that makes sense over trading him to the West and getting huge salary cap relief?

Lebron walks they're not a playoff team anyways and Roddy won't change that. No Chicago won't give up their stars but Dallas isn't either. Like I said would you trade Dirk for JJ if Dirk is gonna walk anyways?

clambake
06-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Lebron walks they're not a playoff team anyways and Roddy won't change that. No Chicago won't give up their stars but Dallas isn't either. Like I said would you trade Dirk for JJ if Dirk is gonna walk anyways?

sure. the smart businessman doesn't let pride derail the future.

it doesn't have to be a sign and trade with dallas.

now.....how is doing nothing worth the time?

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 01:59 PM

Yes. Dumb ass. You take what you can get as long as the player/contract you are getting back will not prevent you from rebuilding. In fact, a player like Roddy (or Hickson) actually helps you rebuild. So your entire logic is fucking dumb just like you are.

Findog
06-29-2010, 02:01 PM

If I were in the position that Cleveland was in and had the choice of getting a young player and massive salary cap relief back or Dirk walks for nothing, you better believe I'm choosing the former.

Giuseppe
06-29-2010, 02:01 PM
A S&T of an unrestricted free agent only happens when the free agent chooses where he wants to go. Under those circumstances the Cavs would either let LeBron go without a S&T or choose to S&T him to the team of his choice & get something of value back. Furthermore, in a S&T the team trading the UFA never gets back full value because the player could just leave if he wanted to.

Green is correct. And the Cavs are taking a fresh tact, or, at least seriously considering one: that is standing on a principle of letting him walk away without compensation in any way. They'll spite themselves on this principle and take $30 million (raw count) away from LeBron.

The Cavs are entitled to within 15% of Jame's salary coming back, but, they're so fucked if he's leaves it's a total meltdown AND THEY KNOW THIS, and freely acknowledge same. They're going to get back garbage, so they're flirting with this principle.

But, they must live the principle. They can't listen to any offer. If they get caught listening and weighing, they've lost their soul.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:02 PM

Lol delusional homer. Nice use of google but I'm sure everyone on this board knows how a sign and trade works. Obviously there is no one that can be offered that would be equal value to Lebron but if your giving up your superstar you would want something in return. Your doing them a favor not the other way around.

MavDynasty
06-29-2010, 02:03 PM
lol fucking dumbass, you take what you can get if your superstar is walking. mavs lost a future 2time mvp for nothing when they coulda got some shit back

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Man I thought Spurs fans were bad but Dallas homers are stepping it up.

Giuseppe
06-29-2010, 02:07 PM
lol fucking dumbass, you take what you can get if your superstar is walking. mavs lost a future 2time mvp for nothing when they coulda got some shit back

It will be nothing but human debris. If James leaves the Cavs will be at ground zero/total loss. No amount of 28th picks in the first rounds is going to make them whole again.

Unplug the phones, repudiate James and the next time you shave you'll look eye with the shaver.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Idiot doesn't even know how to answer a Yes-No question. Quit already, you've lost.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Green is correct. And the Cavs are taking a fresh tact, or, at least seriously considering one: that is standing on a principle of letting him walk away without compensation in any way. They'll spite themselves on this principle and take $30 million (raw count) away from LeBron.

The Cavs are entitled to within 15% of Jame's salary coming back, but, they're so fucked if he's leaves it's a total meltdown AND THEY KNOW THIS, and freely acknowledge same. They're going to get back garbage, so they're flirting with this principle.

But, they must live the principle. They can't listen to any offer. If they get caught listening and weighing, they've lost their soul.

Wouldn't you agree that Dallas's offer of the Dampier Contract, the ability to forward on the Dampier contract for a star level player, Roddy, 1st rounders, cash, Butler, taking back one of their crappy contracts is better than anything that Chicago & Miami could put together at this point?

clambake
06-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Man I thought Spurs fans were bad but Dallas homers are stepping it up.

again.......it doesn't have to be a deal with dallas.

now, einstein, how is getting nothing worth the time?

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:24 PM
How about we wait to see where James actually goes then see who lost.ab

TE
in other news,

Goran Dragic is a retard and asshole.

Giuseppe
Wouldn't you agree that Dallas's offer of the Dampier Contract, the ability to forward on the Dampier contract for a star level player, Roddy, 1st rounders, cash, Butler, taking back one of their crappy contracts is better than anything that Chicago & Miami could put together at this point?

He won't go there, Greenie. And NY will not make him, or, ever let it come to such a quandary in broad daylight.

This is a time of sheer joy for James and the NBA. The only loser is Cleveland.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 02:25 PM
in other news,

Goran Dragic is a retard and asshole.

U mad son?

MavDynasty
06-29-2010, 02:26 PM
lolhemad

clambake
06-29-2010, 02:27 PM
How we wait to see where James actually goes then see who lost.

we don't have to wait for the answer.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Really so you know Lebron to Dallas is a done deal?

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM

I knew he was gonna pull that shit. He really is fucking dumb.

Here's the test jackass (not you Clambake), if LeBron goes ANYWHERE via S&T then you're the biggest fucking dumbass in the history of ST.

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 02:32 PM

Here's the test jackass (not you Clambake), if LeBron goes ANYWHERE via S&T then you're the biggest fucking dumbass in the history of ST.

If Lebron goes somewhere via sign and trade to a team that doesn't have any other way of getting Lebron, then yeah he's a dumbass. If Lebron goes to a team that can sign Lebron to the max anyway and is basically doing Cleveland a favor by offering to give something back via sign and trade, then he's not.

clambake
06-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Really so you know Lebron to Dallas is a done deal?

jesus man, i don't think he's coming to dallas. wtf is wrong with you?

we're discussing prudent business tactics. are you familiar with any of that?

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 02:34 PM
If Lebron goes somewhere via sign and trade to a team that doesn't have any other way of getting Lebron, then yeah he's a dumbass. If Lebron goes to a team that can sign Lebron to the max anyway and is basically doing Cleveland a favor by offering to give something back via sign and trade, then he's not.

Not at all. His contention is that the Cavs would be stupid to make any sort of S&T that would help him leave town. Read his posts.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:36 PM

Take the backdoor its ok I wont tell them where you went. Now its changed from S&T with Dallas to any team? I don't think Lebron for Damp and Roddy is a good deal and yet I'm fucking dumb? Delusional homers

Goran Dragic
06-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Not at all. His contention is that the Cavs would be stupid to make any sort of S&T that would help him leave town. Read his posts.

Ok then nevermind :lol. My only contention is that Cleveland isn't going to open up more possibilities for Lebron by being open to a S'n'T with a team like Dallas that would need Cleveland's cooperation. I could easily see them getting a sign and trade with a team that didn't need their help.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 02:38 PM
Take the backdoor its ok I wont tell them where you went. Now its changed from S&T with Dallas to any team? I don't think Lebron for Damp and Roddy is a good deal and yet I'm fucking dumb? Delusional homers

Is LeBron for a 1st round pick (in the 20's not a lottery pick) a good deal?

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:39 PM
jesus man, i don't think he's coming to dallas. wtf is wrong with you?

we're discussing prudent business tactics. are you familiar with any of that?

Wow not the greatest at reading are we. The whole point is I don't think he goes to Dallas. Hence Roddy and Damp being mentioned over and over. Follow?

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow not the greatest at reading are we. The whole point is I don't think he goes to Dallas. Hence Roddy and Damp being mentioned over and over. Follow?

No, that's not what your posts say. Your post say "Why would the Cavs help LeBron leave for nothing!" Your contention has always been that they shouldn't trade LeBron for anything less than his full value. You fucking spin artist. We told you repeatedly that we thought there was only a very slim chance that Dallas was the team LeBron would choose, yet you ignored that and made your silly arguments over and over. Point is, the Cavs are going to end up trading LeBron to the team of LeBron's choice for a LOT less than what LeBron is valued at. And when that happens you'll be a fucking fool.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:43 PM

Reading comprehension not a strong point?

clambake
06-29-2010, 02:43 PM
Wow not the greatest at reading are we.
you certainly are not.

The whole point is I don't think he goes to Dallas.
i guess it managed to escape your attention that i don't think he goes to dallas.

Hence Roddy and Damp being mentioned over and over. Follow?
i don't think you're very good at this.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 02:45 PM
Reading comprehension not a strong point?

Alright guy. Do you think LeBron is getting trade this offseason?

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:50 PM
No, that's not what your posts say. Your post say "Why would the Cavs help LeBron leave for nothing!" Your contention has always been that they shouldn't trade LeBron for anything less than his full value. You fucking spin artist. We told you repeatedly that we thought there was only a very slim chance that Dallas was the team LeBron would choose, yet you ignored that and made your silly arguments over and over. Point is, the Cavs are going to end up trading LeBron to the team of LeBron's choice for a LOT less than what LeBron is valued at. And when that happens you'll be a fucking fool.
Yet I've mentioned the Dallas package over and over and it didn't cross your mind I was referring to a S&T with Dallas not being a good move for the Cavs? You kept mentioning Damp's contract and yet we were not talking about a S&T with Dallas? Ok... BTW I thought you done several posts ago? Might a good time now to call it quits now.

My Fault
06-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Alright guy. Do you think LeBron is getting trade this offseason?
No imo he is going to a team that already has cap space. He will turn his back on the Cavs and just leave. Afterall he has already declared this the summer of Lebron.

clambake
06-29-2010, 03:00 PM
No imo he is going to a team that already has cap space. He will turn his back on the Cavs and just leave. Afterall he has already declared this the summer of Lebron.

no, you said it would be a waste of time for cleveland to try.

greensborohill
06-29-2010, 03:02 PM

Okay. If you think he's gonna leave an extra year and 30 million on the table that's fine.

He's getting signed and traded (if he leaves). He'll pick his team and that team will give CLE something in exchange that won't even be close to what LBJ is worth. And also not even close to what Dallas can offer.

baseline bum
06-29-2010, 05:04 PM
Why is everyone ignoring the point that this of all years is the season to call free agents out on their bluffs? The Players Association always loses to the owners in labor negotiations, and next year will be no different. I seriously doubt the CBA will be setup in any way to allow James to make up that sixth year he'll lose by walking. No matter what James says, I'd hold firm and dare him to skip on $28 million and roll the dice that he can do better under a more restrictive CBA and at age 31 when his 5 year deal would run out. The Cavs can't afford to fold their hand here.

KidCongo
06-29-2010, 10:25 PM
Technically, he's not giving the money to him.

Did you mean to say "he" or "he's"?

He's not going to give LeBron a chance at the extra % salary increase that you get if you sign a contract with the team who has your bird rights.

Yes, I did mean to say the Gilbert is a bitter dude.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-08-2010, 08:40 PM
:bking